The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 02:06 PM   #651
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
But didn't that get undone by his going back in time? If that's the case, it wouldn't be canon anymore.

(Or do you mean to say you hope Amora would be Queen of Asgard )
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
well it wasn't canon anymore, however, during that arc when he WAS king, Amora was his queen.

I know, Thor was still king. But when I think of King Thor, that is the arc that comes to mind :P
Oh, okay!

While reading the posts about Thor being king, I recalled that the Asgardians had convened an Althing at one point to elect a new king. (Vikings did that at their Things.) Looking it up, it looks like it might have been during the Simonson arc.

At the beginning of Thor1, Odin isn't naming Thor his heir and successor, he is naming him the actual king, with the implication that he himself would abdicate. He was stopped half a sentence short of doing it, of course, by the Frost Giant incursion. (But Thor thought it was a done deal).

So that caused me to wonder: if Odin doesn't get around to staging another coronation ceremony before his (supposed) demise, it might not be a sure thing for Thor to become king. Might they end up calling for an Althing?

Old 11-11-2012, 02:18 PM   #652
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

It appears there will be some filming tomorrow at Greenwich Park. Someone spotted a trailer with 'Odin' on it, so hopefully we'll get some paps shots of Hopkins. Someone else on Twitter claim they also saw Kat Dennings' trailer.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #653
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
It appears there will be some filming tomorrow at Greenwich Park. Someone spotted a trailer with 'Odin' on it, so hopefully we'll get some paps shots of Hopkins. Someone else on Twitter claim they also saw Kat Dennings' trailer.
Whaaaaaaaaa?!!?? Possible Odin and Darcy scenes?!?!?!?!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

Old 11-11-2012, 02:30 PM   #654
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
A little curious about Kat Dennings' trailer, since there will be a taping of 2 Broke Girls on the 13th.

Old 11-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #655
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Yeah I'm sure there are others actors' trailers there that haven't been spotted, or reported on Twitter. But the one about Darcy came from this:

Quote:
Just seen the cast photo for @OfficialKat filming for the new Thor by spying through the directors trailers window! pic.twitter.com/PisqTrw4
https://twitter.com/beckydutt1988

Old 11-11-2012, 05:05 PM   #656
elizah72
Side-Kick

I read that as she saw the cast photo for Kat by spying through the directors trailer, so it sounds like there was a picture of her on his desk or something, but doesn't necessarily mean she saw a trailer there for Kat or that Kat will be there at all.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #657
bootstrapwill

I am a student at greenwich university and filming has been taking place since friday the 9th november and will be completed late november. Not much to see at the moment, but i will keep you posted with what happens and anything i can see.

Can someone point me in the right direction of how to upload pictures to here?

Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM   #658
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I read that as she saw the cast photo for Kat by spying through the directors trailer, so it sounds like there was a picture of her on his desk or something, but doesn't necessarily mean she saw a trailer there for Kat or that Kat will be there at all.
Most likely the case...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrapwill View Post
I am a student at greenwich university and filming has been taking place since friday the 9th november and will be completed late november. Not much to see at the moment, but i will keep you posted with what happens and anything i can see.

You can upload pics on Imageshack.us, and then: [IMG]Insert pic url here[/IMG]

Old 11-11-2012, 06:13 PM   #659
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bootstrapwill View Post

THank you!!! I was hoping this might mean we'll see a few pictures soon! I know you can link images when you reply but I think it has to be hosted somewhere else as far as I know...

Old 11-11-2012, 06:40 PM   #660
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
More #Thor2 scenery arriving in #Greenwich pic.twitter.com/xfKrViFC

Quote:
@007Dantes Heard a rumour a couple of days ago, but confirmed by Security this morning. 'Lots of CGI' #Thor2
Quote:
#Greenwich Looks like we have another 2 wks of filming #Thor2 starting Monday. No Helicopters this time though!!

Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 PM   #661
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

"Lots of CGI."

That's not typical Alan Taylor, so I'll be interested to see it.

Old 11-12-2012, 01:42 AM   #662
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Oh, okay!

While reading the posts about Thor being king, I recalled that the Asgardians had convened an Althing at one point to elect a new king. (Vikings did that at their Things.) Looking it up, it looks like it might have been during the Simonson arc.

At the beginning of Thor1, Odin isn't naming Thor his heir and successor, he is naming him the actual king, with the implication that he himself would abdicate. He was stopped half a sentence short of doing it, of course, by the Frost Giant incursion. (But Thor thought it was a done deal).

So that caused me to wonder: if Odin doesn't get around to staging another coronation ceremony before his (supposed) demise, it might not be a sure thing for Thor to become king. Might they end up calling for an Althing?
I really am not sure. I am thinking it will be more simple. However most likely Thor bbeing crowned will be a result of Odin dying, so I don't see Odin having another ceremony either.

I just want Odin to show that he is THE most powerful being in the 9 realms, I want to see him do something that seperates himself from Thor, Hulk, Ironman, Loki, and all those guys combined

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Whaaaaaaaaa?!!?? Possible Odin and Darcy scenes?!?!?!?!

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!
like the original rumors for thor 1....DARCY=HELA!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
"Lots of CGI."

That's not typical Alan Taylor, so I'll be interested to see it.
as am I

Old 11-12-2012, 02:22 AM   #663
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Set prep spotted. Looks like a bunch of phony rocks or...

Old 11-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #664
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I've never been so excited by a big pile of fake rocks. Thanks MF and it will be great if you could make some filming reports, bootstrapwill. Hope there's lots of things to see.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 AM   #665
Godzilla2000
Super Shadow

Quote:
Set prep spotted. Looks like a bunch of phony rocks or...
...or big Godzilla sized fecal matter?

Words of Wisdom:
http://www.think-positive.us/feeling-rich.html

"Faced with crisis, the man of character falls back upon himself." -Charles de Gaulle
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #666
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

He's returned...

Old 11-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #667
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
He's returned...
So he does check how big his hammer is every now and then...

Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #668
elizah72
Side-Kick

SQUEEEE! Pictures! Yay!

Could that rocks picture be evidence of one of those big body slam craters that people were wanting to see in one of the Thor threads? Perhaps?

I know it's blurry, but I have a feeling that might be the stuntman again (who apparrently Hemsworth makes carry all his hammers for him. )

Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 AM   #669
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

This film already seems to be promising more grand scale action sequences than its predecessor.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:08 AM   #670
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

It was Hemsworth

Old 11-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #671
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
It was Hemsworth

The last picture below, is that Hemsworth on the ground? And if so, are they shooting an actual scene from the film? Just thought that it would seem odd on why Thor would be wearing that jacket in that shot.lol

Old 11-12-2012, 08:13 AM   #672
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

I actually think they're just rehearsing , could be wrong though

Old 11-12-2012, 08:24 AM   #673
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
I actually think they're just rehearsing , could be wrong though
Ah, thanks for the info.

So it seems like Thor will be quite busy within this film, from fighting a war within the nine realms, to having to journey back to Earth and fend it from any invaders as well.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #674
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
The last picture below, is that Hemsworth on the ground? And if so, are they shooting an actual scene from the film? Just thought that it would seem odd on why Thor would be wearing that jacket in that shot.lol
I dont think that's Thor on the ground, and it sort of looks like rehearsing to me at this point.

again so excited for some pictures!

Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #675
elizah72
Side-Kick

sorry can't post picture directly apparently...
http://instagram.com/p/R7ksYikz_Y/

Last edited by elizah72; 11-12-2012 at 09:00 AM.
Closed Thread