The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 07:07 AM   #751
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Listening to this podcast once more, Andrew Lawden also said that "A lot of the historical locations of Britain are being used for the dark elf world. The historic buildings in London have a Gothic feel."

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #752
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,726
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
LOL.... I was beginning to feel the same way about your Surtur infatuation.

And I just think it would be so utterly absurd, and yet I could see a greedy exec out to make the most of the Loki popularity with the ladies in particular suggesting they actually put that in. So hilariously absurd.... I mean, a very talented highly trained Shakespearean actor reduced to being stripped down painted blue and running around Stonehenge nekkid on top of it? I may not be able to show my face at my local theater again after I LMAO at the site of this scenario. I for one hope it's not the actual case, and Tom is allowed to keep some dignity (and clothes on) and not just have to do that to please the fan girls.

I'm very glad to read about this blue druid guy actually, that seems very likely since he's been linked to Stonehenge in the comics. I suspected someone might come up with a character that fits that description. I'll have to look up the story about him soon...



Little known fact the alternate title for "The Dark World" is "It's Ladies Night"

Ohhhhh.... yeahhhh....


j/k of course...

edit: and for some more info about the Druid dude - Ultimus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimus_(comics)
http://marvel.com/universe/Ultimus

Hmmm.....
http://www.comicvine.com/demon-druid/29-14892/
Druid is a Kree Eternal and is the only Kree to still be an Eternal. 3,000 years ago he was buried stonehenge by a evil lord named Lord Tantalus. He stayed there until it became modern times. He then started to be called Demon Druid. The Supreme Intelligence soon selected him to be apart of the Starforce. During that time the Starforce were making a plan to give the Supreme Intelligence have all control of all the Kree. The Supreme Intelligence got full control again by killing some Kree rulers. The woman who was the killer was Deathbird who was hired by the Supreme Intelligence. This would make it so the Starforce was the actual Kree army. Later, the Starforce arrested Deathbird and the Avengers. After that Ronan the accuser was part of the Starforce ranks. That's when the Starforce went to kill Lilandra who was the Shi'ar leader. But, other Avengers members helped stop and defeat the Starforce. The Starforce where to be executed by Lilandra. Until the Skrulls had infiltrated the council. The Starforce was spared and got away. Later, Druid is seen attacking Tantalus. With all of his power he was able to defeat the evil lord. But, in this fight he was aided by a member of the legion named Blackwulf. Demon Druid will always have a hate for Tantalus.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-13-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #753
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Security from the set telling folks the shoot is for "Dark Elf Kingdom" scenes. The rocks and rubble are apart of their kingdom. Also, "Interior shots in the chapel all day!" Not sure if we'll see any of the other actors
Some images of the inside of the chapel for those interested... (no film crew or actors)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/krypto/3412139378/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35617662@N04/5214570664/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/hdr/dis...7605550834629/

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 08:49 AM   #754
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Vartha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: north west Arkansas
Posts: 25,956
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

nice pics, so we're goingh to have nekkidness in Dark World huh? hope it's not too dark so we can see the nekkidness.

__________________
Responsibility, Duty, Honor these are not
mere virtues to which we must aspire
they're Essential...to every soldier
....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Vartha is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #755
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
http://www.comicvine.com/demon-druid/29-14892/
Druid is a Kree Eternal and is the only Kree to still be an Eternal. 3,000 years ago he was buried stonehenge by a evil lord named Lord Tantalus. He stayed there until it became modern times. He then started to be called Demon Druid. The Supreme Intelligence soon selected him to be apart of the Starforce. During that time the Starforce were making a plan to give the Supreme Intelligence have all control of all the Kree. The Supreme Intelligence got full control again by killing some Kree rulers. The woman who was the killer was Deathbird who was hired by the Supreme Intelligence. This would make it so the Starforce was the actual Kree army. Later, the Starforce arrested Deathbird and the Avengers. After that Ronan the accuser was part of the Starforce ranks. That's when the Starforce went to kill Lilandra who was the Shi'ar leader. But, other Avengers members helped stop and defeat the Starforce. The Starforce where to be executed by Lilandra. Until the Skrulls had infiltrated the council. The Starforce was spared and got away. Later, Druid is seen attacking Tantalus. With all of his power he was able to defeat the evil lord. But, in this fight he was aided by a member of the legion named Blackwulf. Demon Druid will always have a hate for Tantalus.
And I'm just going to put this out there, if we have Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel in Avengers 2 (not sure if that's definite yet), then it makes sense to begin to introduce some Kree in some of the MCU movies before that (assuming she changes to Ms. Marvel the same way)

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:02 AM   #756
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Hell yeah it does, I love the fact that they're massive evironmental damage in the Midgard action scenes. It's also pretty cool to see Thor fighting in several different realms throughout the course of one film.
Agreed!

Actually, it may in fact be in Svartalfheim where they're churning up the yard. Still, in the spirit of "Let's attack some place other than New York", it's also good that they're tearing up a realm other than Midgard.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:06 AM   #757
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Listening to this podcast once more, Andrew Lawden also said that "A lot of the historical locations of Britain are being used for the dark elf world. The historic buildings in London have a Gothic feel."

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.
Hmmm, you're right! Either scenario is very interesting! (Makes you wonder how the one realm influenced the other over the millennia)

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:07 AM   #758
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
nice pics, so we're goingh to have nekkidness in Dark World huh? hope it's not too dark so we can see the nekkidness.
Word.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #759
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
And I'm just going to put this out there, if we have Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel in Avengers 2 (not sure if that's definite yet), then it makes sense to begin to introduce some Kree in some of the MCU movies before that (assuming she changes to Ms. Marvel the same way)
Well, this comment makes me the most receptive to the idea of having this Ultimus dude in the story. The other stuff everybody posted made his story sound kind of cheesy (even if he is running around nekkid).

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:26 AM   #760
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, this comment makes me the most receptive to the idea of having this Ultimus dude in the story. The other stuff everybody posted made his story sound kind of cheesy (even if he is running around nekkid).
I agree, I'm not crazy what I've read on the character but they could be changing his story some (probably) and certainly the Stonehenge connection is already there for that character, and he is blue, and half nekkid. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.
VERY cool idea. and would be a very different threat that we've seen so far.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:42 AM   #761
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Jane Foster definitely on set today

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #762
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Jane Foster definitely on set today
Yay!

I wondered when we were going to get confirmation. Natalie Portman has been in-country for at least 2 weeks.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 10:40 AM   #763
steintym
Stay Frosty
 
steintym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Jane Foster definitely on set today
Nice! Glad to hear it.

steintym is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:21 AM   #764
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,415
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Jane Foster definitely on set today
Oh yay.

__________________
#Hypsters4Warrior
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM   #765
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,097
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Jane Foster definitely on set today
But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #766
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?
Once again (previously hashed out on the Jane Foster thread): completely irrelevant. She's a professional.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #767
SpideyFan866
1959 - 2014
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,415
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
But did she want to be, is the question. She wanted to jump ship when the previous director got ditched, didn't she? Contractually obliged to return?
That's what the rumor mill says, but who's to know if that's true.

__________________
#Hypsters4Warrior
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 11-13-2012, 11:52 AM   #768
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,097
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Once again (previously hashed out on the Jane Foster thread): completely irrelevant. She's a professional.
Definately not irrelevant.

Professional or not, everybody [and I do mean everybody] has days in work in which you're just not emotionally invested and your work suffers as a result. Actors are in no way different. Example? Edward Norton is also a 'professional' and he was contractually obliged to appear in the Italian Job - guess what ? He phoned his performance in and you could tell.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #769
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

I think we best just wait and see what her performance is when it comes out in a year, rather than debate about it here now. when the movie comes out people will see and they can get mad about it, or they can praise her for doing a good job. There is nothing we can do about it now, she is playing this character whether she or anyone else wants her to be there or not. But there is no point in debating it here now. Wait and see what the performance actually is.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM   #770
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Definately not irrelevant.

Professional or not, everybody [and I do mean everybody] has days in work in which you're just not emotionally invested and your work suffers as a result. Actors are in no way different. Example? Edward Norton is also a 'professional' and he was contractually obliged to appear in the Italian Job - guess what ? He phoned his performance in and you could tell.
I would say that people have off days and likely for some of them, their performance is not the same as their pinnacle, but said performance is still more than adequate to the task. In addition, people who are emotionally invested in a particular project have off days in which their performance is not at the pinnacle and again more than adequate for the task.

There are also examples where a particular performance is not sufficient for the task, but I would say that is more the exception than the rule. A man bites dog story.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:21 PM   #771
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 2,818
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Seemed to me like Portman phoned it in in the last one too
Shouldn't be much different this time around

I like Natalie Portman, but she gives like, half very good performances, and half completely mundane performances

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .777 SONY- .500 WB- .357 FOX- .333
BoredGuy is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #772
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.
 
Brian Braddock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 13,097
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
I would say that people have off days and likely for some of them, their performance is not the same as their pinnacle, but said performance is still more than adequate to the task. In addition, people who are emotionally invested in a particular project have off days in which their performance is not at the pinnacle and again more than adequate for the task.

There are also examples where a particular performance is not sufficient for the task, but I would say that is more the exception than the rule. A man bites dog story.
But you do at least concede that it can happen, so the issue cannot considered to be 'irrelevant' as you previously decreed. For the record, I think that Portman is a fine actress and I'm sure that she'll be equally as fine reprising the role of Foster; all I asked is whether she actually wanted to be there given what [supposedly] went on over Jenkins' departure.

__________________
Klaus Hergesheimer - checking radiation shields....
Brian Braddock is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM   #773
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
The Demon Druid!?
there it is

but what would a kree eternal have to do with this?

Again, someone else working for thanos for some reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
LOL.... I was beginning to feel the same way about your Surtur infatuation.

And I just think it would be so utterly absurd, and yet I could see a greedy exec out to make the most of the Loki popularity with the ladies in particular suggesting they actually put that in. So hilariously absurd.... I mean, a very talented highly trained Shakespearean actor reduced to being stripped down painted blue and running around Stonehenge nekkid on top of it? I may not be able to show my face at my local theater again after I LMAO at the site of this scenario. I for one hope it's not the actual case, and Tom is allowed to keep some dignity (and clothes on) and not just have to do that to please the fan girls.

I'm very glad to read about this blue druid guy actually, that seems very likely since he's been linked to Stonehenge in the comics. I suspected someone might come up with a character that fits that description. I'll have to look up the story about him soon...



Little known fact the alternate title for "The Dark World" is "It's Ladies Night"

Ohhhhh.... yeahhhh....


j/k of course...

edit: and for some more info about the Druid dude - Ultimus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimus_(comics)
http://marvel.com/universe/Ultimus

Hmmm.....
Hey. Wanting my favorite thor villain to appear (with it actually being a legit possiblity) is slightly different than wanting to see Loki naked lol.

the fangirlism wasn't awkward, but seeing everyone talking about a naked man was to me lol, though i was just messing around

BUT I agree about Ultimus.

What would he have to do with the thor world though is what I am wondering

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #774
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 17,554
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
Seemed to me like Portman phoned it in in the last one too
Shouldn't be much different this time around

I like Natalie Portman, but she gives like, half very good performances, and half completely mundane performances
I thought she was fine in the first one. It wasn't exactly the meatiest of roles.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 11-13-2012, 12:35 PM   #775
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,913
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
where do you find all these things? lol



Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
And I'm just going to put this out there, if we have Carol Danvers/Ms Marvel in Avengers 2 (not sure if that's definite yet), then it makes sense to begin to introduce some Kree in some of the MCU movies before that (assuming she changes to Ms. Marvel the same way)
I'm with ya totally. I assume Carol will make her appearance in the ABC show Shield. Just curious as to how the kree will get involved.

I hope she actually gets her powers via kree. I think the MCU has run its course for serum related powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Agreed!

Actually, it may in fact be in Svartalfheim where they're churning up the yard. Still, in the spirit of "Let's attack some place other than New York", it's also good that they're tearing up a realm other than Midgard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Hmmm, you're right! Either scenario is very interesting! (Makes you wonder how the one realm influenced the other over the millennia)
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Word.
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Well, this comment makes me the most receptive to the idea of having this Ultimus dude in the story. The other stuff everybody posted made his story sound kind of cheesy (even if he is running around nekkid).
the multiquote feature is there for a reason my friend lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I agree, I'm not crazy what I've read on the character but they could be changing his story some (probably) and certainly the Stonehenge connection is already there for that character, and he is blue, and half nekkid. LOL



VERY cool idea. and would be a very different threat that we've seen so far.
seriously though, why the hell..is everyone spelling "naked" like "nekkid"

i dont get it lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Jane Foster definitely on set today
boo

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.