The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 06:47 PM   #876
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
Wasnt there talk about "Marauders"? I have no idea if they are from the comics btw, so maybe its them?
Pretty sure the "Marauders" we saw in the pitched battle in the woods are interplanetary/otherworldly mercs in the service of Thanos and/or The Other, invading Asgard to "leave no stone unturned" in their hunt for the Infinity Gauntlet. ...I mean, Loki.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 PM   #877
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Dark Elves look good, Malekith, like others said, looks too similar to the rest of them. And while the design of the half and half face looks more "real", I'm still a little reserved about it. But we'll have to wait until they finish editing. They'll add some effect and hopefully make it look better.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 PM   #878
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I just want to see a set pic of Ms. Portman. My buddy just told me something about her and I want to confirm.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #879
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm guessing March at the earliest for the trailer.
What about the Super Bowl in February?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 11-14-2012, 07:49 PM   #880
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

And its a great sign that the dark elves already look so badass. I was the one calling for an Earth-centric sequel. I was misguided.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #881
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Excerted from this bulletin

we have: "[Jane]s an academic, so it would make sense for her to be in a sort of university setting, and when we saw her, she was carrying several books, so it kind of looks as though shes in the middle of working, or studying, or something, when Thor turns up."

Indeed. Think how distracting it could be for one such professor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I just want to see a set pic of Ms. Portman. My buddy just told me something about her and I want to confirm.
Well, the same post from elizah72 that I quoted has a link to a picture a fan took of Portman. It's only of her back, though. That's all that's available right now, as far as I know. Hope that helps.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #882
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
What about the Super Bowl in February?
I'm all for it! Earlier the better.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:56 PM   #883
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Thx American Maid. I actually need to see her front to confirm. Im sure we will see more pics of her soon.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:58 PM   #884
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Hah! Methinks I know what you want to confirm...

Old 11-14-2012, 08:02 PM   #885
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Thx American Maid. I actually need to see her front to confirm. Im sure we will see more pics of her soon.
You're welcome!

We probably will get another pic or two, though naturally I'd expect the bulk of the photos to be of the hero and the villains!

Actually, this run at Greenwich University may be it for fan pics. It sounds like they are going to be on sound stages after this.

Old 11-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #886
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Aw, now you're going and using logic on us. . . sheesh!
Yeah, this isn't the dark knight! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
This is so exciting
Legit. I came back from class to see two new pages! it actually tickeled my fancies :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
Everytime I return there is some new hotness, really digging the Designs for the Dark Elves/Malekith, Hopefully we gets some Kurse soon! Also want to see Loki on set.
I KNOW!

I am loving these pictures. The Thor stuff has been quiet lately. This is the fun part about following the MCU. To casual fans, they see the trailer, and will speculate. They hear about it when they see the trailer. But for us, who follow the MCU, see the set pictures, all the speculation, well it's fun . This is the fun part, all the speculating and expectations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm all for it! Earlier the better.
As am I. I don't think we will get one any sooner than that though.

I am sure the "official" trailer will be attached to ironman 3

Old 11-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #887
Chewy
REDACTED

So Hiddleston said filming wraps around Christmas.

Also said he and Hems were involved in the creative process (like RDJ is on the Iron Man flicks)

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...the-dark-world

Old 11-14-2012, 08:37 PM   #888
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I couldn't find that. But still, it's still a good read. Can't wait till we get some trailers for this. Long way off, but still. I just want to see Kurse. We've Seen Thor.. We've seen stark's new armor, we've seen the manderin, we've seen Dark Elves and malekith, but we have yet to see Thor. GAHHH

Old 11-14-2012, 09:32 PM   #889
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I couldn't find that. But still, it's still a good read. Can't wait till we get some trailers for this. Long way off, but still. I just want to see Kurse. We've Seen Thor.. We've seen stark's new armor, we've seen the manderin, we've seen Dark Elves and malekith, but we have yet to see Thor. GAHHH
I think referring to this probably...

Quote:
"It's mostly self-applied pressure actually. I remember Chris [Hemsworth] and I saying over the summer when Avengers came out, where do we go now? Going into this one we were - very flatteringly - involved in big creative conversations about tone, and story. Thor and Loki are these two characters that people know and love and understand - so we have to take this in the right direction. You want to do something new - you don't want to re-heat the same recipe in the microwave, you want to cook up something different and exciting - but you don't want to lose the things that worked the first time. So we're our own slave drivers, in a way. Complacency is the enemy. But that's exciting and it's going well. I have never seen a group of actors or a crew work harder."

Old 11-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #890
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I wonder if it'll ever be noted, even as a joke, within the series on how Thor seems to go on from one war/fierce battle to the next one like a person does with clothing.lol

The guy just participated in stopping an Alien Invasion and now he's going into a war for the nine realms that'll have him all over the place; earth again included.lol

Old 11-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #891
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I wonder if it'll ever be noted, even as a joke, within the series on how Thor seems to go on from one war/fierce battle to the next one like a person does with clothing.lol

The guy just participated in stopping an Alien Invasion and now he's going into a war for the nine realms that'll have him all over the place; earth again included.lol
Earth again! lol I know I was thinking about that. Battling for earth to stop an alien invasion, now battling to stop malekith and such, and possibly surtur.

HEY.

You know what I would like? Anything that happens on earth, ESPECIALLY if Surtur indeed comes to earth like in the simonson run, and like Sam thinks, if there will be reference to it in another movie, like in cap. Maybe it just gets brought up. Or appears on screen, they walk by, and their is a documentary on or something, a past news report that shows a battle, or a giant fire demon walking through london lol

Old 11-14-2012, 09:50 PM   #892
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Darcy might! lol.

(Actually, the movies seem to be set about one year prior to whenever the films open. That implies that T:TDW will be set approximately now, Fall, 2012. The Avengers, on the other hand, was set in May, 2011 (per a timeline I saw that somebody put together with a lot of consultation with official bulletins from Marvel and various people involved). So Thor likely has had a year and a quarter to lounge around Asgard, getting a new costume made and figuring out how he wants to keep his hair out of his face. )

Old 11-14-2012, 09:51 PM   #893
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Earth again! lol I know I was thinking about that. Battling for earth to stop an alien invasion, now battling to stop malekith and such, and possibly surtur.

HEY.

You know what I would like? Anything that happens on earth, ESPECIALLY if Surtur indeed comes to earth like in the simonson run, and like Sam thinks, if there will be reference to it in another movie, like in cap. Maybe it just gets brought up. Or appears on screen, they walk by, and their is a documentary on or something, a past news report that shows a battle, or a giant fire demon walking through london lol
I think you are almost guaranteed to get that! That seems totally up Marvel's alley.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:32 PM   #894
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Darcy might! lol.

(Actually, the movies seem to be set about one year prior to whenever the films open. That implies that T:TDW will be set approximately now, Fall, 2012. The Avengers, on the other hand, was set in May, 2011 (per a timeline I saw that somebody put together with a lot of consultation with official bulletins from Marvel and various people involved). So Thor likely has had a year and a quarter to lounge around Asgard, getting a new costume made and figuring out how he wants to keep his hair out of his face. )
actually, i think the events of the Avengers took place in 2012 and it's somewhat of a given that Iron man 3 is taking place within Winter 2012.

I'm assuming that the events of CA 2 will take place around the same time as Iron Man 3 as a way of justifying on why Captain American couldn't come to Tony's aid during Iron Man 3.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 PM   #895
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
actually, i think the events of the Avengers took place in 2012 and it's somewhat of a given that Iron man 3 is taking place within Winter 2012.

I'm assuming that the events of CA 2 will take place around the same time as Iron Man 3 as a way of justifying on why Captain American couldn't come to Tony's aid during Iron Man 3.
you think?

what about this movie? If it is how it is, and Surtur does show up, and the world is at stake, why won't tony help?

Lol this is going to be a bigger threat than the avengers

Old 11-14-2012, 10:37 PM   #896
elizah72
Side-Kick

On the "blue naked guy at Stonehenge report" that person said on her tumblr

Quote:
About the Thor 2 post I made the other day (and deleted as to not get ***** in trouble).. I spoke to my colleague and I may have imagined the “blue naked man” ……. She thinks it was just “naked man” ***** told us about and so now we’re all confused haha!

Blue or not, definitely NAKED!
http://mcmittens.tumblr.com/post/357...-other-day-and

LOL... *shakes head* Maybe some random guy just showed up decided to go streaking?

Old 11-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #897
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
you think?

what about this movie? If it is how it is, and Surtur does show up, and the world is at stake, why won't tony help?

Lol this is going to be a bigger threat than the avengers
Well as I mentioned in another thread, I don't think that Surtur will be the main villain of this film. I think he's too big of a character to share a film with the likes of Malekith, Kurse, and Loki.

The film already has its work cut out for it with the things that they have confirmed now. Add another big time villain and someone else is likely to be sacrificed when it comes to their development.

But yeah,lol...that's why I always said it's going to be very tricky on how they coordinate all of these MCU films post Avengers since that question will constantly be raised on why one of them simply doesn't call the other heroes for support.

And if Iron Man 3 conveniently takes place around the same time as Thor 2, then that would explain why Tony can't help. Or, if the invasion on Earth doesn't last for a long time, then even if Tony was available, by the time he could have gotten to England to help, Thor could have dealt with the forces and return back to his realm.

Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 PM   #898
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Well as I mentioned in another thread, I don't think that Surtur will be the main villain of this film. I think he's too big of a character to share a film with the likes of Malekith, Kurse, and Loki.

The film already has its work cut out for it with the things that they have confirmed now. Add another big time villain and someone else is likely to be sacrificed when it comes to their development.

But yeah,lol...that's why I always said it's going to be very tricky on how they coordinate all of these MCU films post Avengers since that question will constantly be raised on why one of them simply doesn't call the other heroes for support.

And if Iron Man 3 conveniently takes place around the same time as Thor 2, then that would explain why Tony can't help. Or, if the invasion on Earth doesn't last for a long time, then even if Tony was available, by the time he could have gotten to England to help, Thor could have dealt with the forces and return back to his realm.
yeah. I mean, the synopsis makes it sound like surtur will be involved. Pesroally, I see there be a lot of alludes to him. And then he finally appears after the credits. That's what I am thinking. others seem to think that the last 3rd of this movie will be surtur. just don't know though.

it COULD work. But agian, I see Surtur as a villain who doesn't share the screen either

Old 11-14-2012, 10:52 PM   #899
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, looking into it, I overstated the case when I said the movies tend to be set 1 year prior to their opening. That's true of The Avengers and Thor1 (see http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-199999), but not necessarily for the other films.

I agree with your assessment about the timing of CA2 and IM3.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 PM   #900
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Well, looking into it, I overstated the case when I said the movies tend to be set 1 year prior to their opening. That's true of The Avengers and Thor1 (see http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-199999), but not necessarily for the other films.

I agree with your assessment about the timing of CA2 and IM3.
that timeline made LOL hard.

we got present day! Avengers assembled, fight off army.

We thor events and ironman events happening in 2010 and 2009, and hulk events happening from 2006 to 2009!

we got cap in world war 2 way back in the 1930!

but most of it is mostly in the 2000s.....

then we got Asgardians defeats the Jotuns in 965ad lol

all these things happening relatively close to each other...then boom 965ad!

and on that note..if you remember, when odin was telling that tale, we saw later on that it was during that time Odin took a young Loki. We know thor is the older brother. So we can really say that both Thor and Loki are over 1000 years old in the MCU. I Love that. they haven't just been around for 100, 200 years. They have been around for over 1000 years. And I locve that