The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 11:10 AM   #926
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Yeah, the Site Which Shall Not Be Named has some more set pics of scattered, abandoned and broken cars. Pretty safe to say that, unless they drive Jaguars, Volkswagens and Vauxhalls on Svartalfheim, the battle with the Dark Elves takes place in England.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #927
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

These were from yesterday

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #928
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,360
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

And today:





__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:20 AM   #929
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 67,231
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

















__________________
Our Demons
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 AM   #930
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Sweet dude ... in the video it shows Malekith actually blocking a Thor hammer strike.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #931
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Sweet dude ... in the video it shows Malekith actually blocking a Thor hammer strike.

Yeah, not only blocking but knocking Thor back, before being attacked again. Cool stuff, can't wait to see more.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 11:55 AM   #932
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
And today:




This picture shows two pillars wrapped in blue fabric. A previous picture (I think from the blog elizah72 linked to) showed the "back side" of the rubble, which included broken pillar pieces. So I suppose something crashes into these two pillars on the corner of the building and knocks them out.

Which I would *love* to see!

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #933
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

I have been looking at the set photos quite a bit and at first I thought the dark blue vest Thor is wearing at times might be just to keep him warm between shoots, but one of the videos shows him attacking Malekith with it on. So it seems like he might have been wearing earthly civilian clothes when the invasion occurs, which makes me think he was perhaps here visiting Jane (as she has been seen on the set) when this goes down.

Just a thought though.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #934
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,816
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Sweet dude ... in the video it shows Malekith actually blocking a Thor hammer strike.
what video?

ctsketch is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:04 PM   #935
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
This picture shows two pillars wrapped in blue fabric. A previous picture (I think from the blog elizah72 linked to) showed the "back side" of the rubble, which included broken pillar pieces. So I suppose something crashes into these two pillars on the corner of the building and knocks them out.

Which I would *love* to see!
You might be correct about the pillars being knocked out, but I don't think they will destroy the property litterally. I think the material you are looking at is like a green screen material (albeit blue) where they will probably digitally recreate the pillars and then knock them out using computer graphics. I could be wrong though.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #936
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I have been looking at the set photos quite a bit and at first I thought the dark blue vest Thor is wearing at times might be just to keep him warm between shoots, but one of the videos shows him attacking Malekith with it on. So it seems like he might have been wearing earthly civilian clothes when the invasion occurs, which makes me think he was perhaps here visiting Jane (as she has been seen on the set) when this goes down.

Just a thought though.

Surfer
Or they could be simply rehearsing and he's trying to keep warm in the meantime.

And I've missed the video as well, can someone post a link?

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #937
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,816
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5



Maleketh wrapped in blue in this one....is this his death? does he get cut in two?

ctsketch is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #938
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Or they could be simply rehearsing and he's trying to keep warm in the meantime.

And I've missed the video as well, can someone post a link?
I would if I could, but the other site is not allowed to be discussed here. I apologize. I tried seeing if I could find the source of the video and link to that, but I was unable to do so. I am sure someone with better computer skills then I will eventually figure out a way and post it here. Sorry.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #939
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
what video?
It's posted on CBM.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #940
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

In the comics Kurse kills him (breaks his neck, was it?) not Thor

I think there may be an effect going in there, perhaps the strike goes through him because he's made a duplicate of himself like Loki does, (aLthough it would be nice if for once Thor didnt "fall for that" lol) or some other effect where he survives Thor's blow.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:16 PM   #941
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I would if I could, but the other site is not allowed to be discussed here. I apologize. I tried seeing if I could find the source of the video and link to that, but I was unable to do so. I am sure someone with better computer skills then I will eventually figure out a way and post it here. Sorry.

Surfer
no problem.

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:21 PM   #942
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, the Site Which Shall Not Be Named has some more set pics of scattered, abandoned and broken cars. Pretty safe to say that, unless they drive Jaguars, Volkswagens and Vauxhalls on Svartalfheim, the battle with the Dark Elves takes place in England.
I tend to agree.

That said. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Listening to this podcast once more, Andrew Lawden also said that "A lot of the historical locations of Britain are being used for the dark elf world. The historic buildings in London have a Gothic feel."

If it's indeed meant to be Svartalfheim, seems there'll be some Midgard influence in its design. Or perhaps, somehow, Svartalfheim is spilling over to earth.
So if Midgard and Svartalfheim can influence each other's architecture, why not their technology? We had previously supposed the dark elves have tech, since there was talk in September from another stuntman about a space ship crashing into the palace on Asgard.

(Not likely, but not impossible either! )

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #943
American Maid
Side-Kick
 
American Maid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,072
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
In the comics Kurse kills him (breaks his neck, was it?) not Thor

I think there may be an effect going in there, perhaps the strike goes through him because he's made a duplicate of himself like Loki does, (aLthough it would be nice if for once Thor didnt "fall for that" lol) or some other effect where he survives Thor's blow.
Or turns into a mist, like BigThor mentioned Malekith could do.

American Maid is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:24 PM   #944
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Or turns into a mist, like BigThor mentioned Malekith could do.
Yes! Yes! Good memory!

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:26 PM   #945
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Here is the video where Thor attacks Malekith, but it is turned on it's side. Lol

http://twitter.yfrog.com/n4o4pamgfdxltjhkovbpojxuz

If anyone knows how to turn it right side up and repost it feel free.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #946
elizah72
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,429
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

A picture of the red bus... minor, yes, but interesting choice of movie title to advertise on the side:



and thanks for the vid link!

elizah72 is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #947
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Or they could be simply rehearsing and he's trying to keep warm in the meantime.

And I've missed the video as well, can someone post a link?
Yeah, I suppose it could just be rehearsing for the actual shoot.

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #948
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Here is one of the other videos with Chris and his stunt double just hanging around between shoots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWur8amd80Q

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #949
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways
 
Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,839
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
A picture of the red bus... minor, yes, but interesting choice of movie title to advertise on the side:



and thanks for the vid link!
Such as it is, just wish I knew how to flip it right side up. I don't want anyone to get a stiff neck watching it. Lol

Oh, and thanks for sharing the pic of the bus!

Surfer

__________________

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Surfer is offline  
Old 11-15-2012, 12:34 PM   #950
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,816
Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Or turns into a mist, like BigThor mentioned Malekith could do.
Could be! I want to see Thor get tired of that kinda **** (like when Loki teleports) and just area lighting the whole set.

ctsketch is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.