The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #976
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
this one for the glowing hammer...oooooooooooooohhhhhh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWbm0DkwUIc
PLOTZ I want a glowing Hammer!.......(You know what I mean get your minds outta the gutter!) THANX E!!!

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 11-15-2012, 02:43 PM   #977
steintym
Stay Frosty

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
this one for the glowing hammer...oooooooooooooohhhhhh....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWbm0DkwUIc
That looks pretty cool. I can only imagine what that will look like once all effects are added in.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #978
steintym
Stay Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
PLOTZ I want a glowing Hammer!.......(You know what I mean get your minds outta the gutter!) THANX E!!!
Ha ha - It does sound like you're looking for some sort of an infection.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #979
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I think it might represent his hammer being charged with lightning and special effects will be added later showing electricity coursing all around it as he does battle. Should be awesome.

Surfer
Yeah, looks like they added the glow to make real ambient lighting.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #980
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
That looks pretty cool. I can only imagine what that will look like once all effects are added in.
hehe wonder what BT will think about THOSE effects? I'm sure Corpy hasn't seen any of the new stuff either.

....to every King.

Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #981
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

lol I've been around here long enough to know better. lol Yeah it's Hammer envy, tho not the sexual type lol I can just imagine what will be coming out of Nat and Kat's mouths hahaha

....to every King.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:10 PM   #982
Godzilla2000
Cosmic Muse

Quote:

Infection or a pretty strong alcoholic drink.

All it takes is the thought of a fond memory to go back in time.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:16 PM   #983
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Infection or a pretty strong alcoholic drink.
lol I'm not surprised there isn't a drink called the Glowing Hammer

....to every King.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:50 PM   #984
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Here are a two more pictures from I believe an earlier set of Thor the Dark world, which I haven't seen before. If they have been posted already I apologize.

I got them from here, most of which we have seen recently.

http://alienbee.net/thor-the-dark-wo...of-dark-elves/

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #985
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here are a two more pictures from I believe an earlier set of Thor the Dark world, which I haven't seen before. If they have been posted already I apologize.

I got them from here, most of which we have seen recently.

http://alienbee.net/thor-the-dark-wo...of-dark-elves/

Surfer
Found 'em a couple weeks ago. They were probably overlooked though 'cause I put 'em in the spoiler tag. Seems they are definitely the Marauders though

Old 11-15-2012, 05:22 PM   #986
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Found 'em a couple weeks ago. They were probably overlooked though 'cause I put 'em in the spoiler tag. Seems they are definitely the Marauders though
Oh, okay thanks marvel_freshman.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 11-15-2012, 05:49 PM   #987
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

@Surfer No worries!

Old 11-15-2012, 06:24 PM   #988
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Its pretty funny seeing those guys walk around wearing robes that completely cover every bit of them. Even the face. And no one seems phased.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 11-15-2012, 06:31 PM   #989
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
hehe wonder what BT will think about THOSE effects? I'm sure Corpy hasn't seen any of the new stuff either.
I think they're awesome, I've been wanting to see Thor wield a lightning charged Mjolnir in combat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Sweet dude ... in the video it shows Malekith actually blocking a Thor hammer strike.
Yeah I saw that, I hope Malekith is using a magical force to deflects Thor's attack otherwise I'd be like wtf?

If he is actually using a magical force to repel Thor's strike I'm gonna be one happy camper. :

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #990
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Dude probably just blocks it with his forearm.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 11-15-2012, 06:39 PM   #991
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I think they're awesome, I've been wanting to see Thor wield a lightning charged Mjolnir in combat.

Yeah I saw that, I hope Malekith is using a magical force to deflects Thor's attack otherwise I'd be like wtf?

If he is actually using a magical force to repel Thor's strike I'm gonna be one happy camper. :

I'm just as happy as you are man that they're putting more effort into showing on how much range Thor has when it comes to his fighting skills and abilities, let alone how visually awesome it can be to see on the big screen if done right.

So I was really under the impression that Thor's main battle would be with Kurse, with Loki probably butting heads with Malekith more, so seeing Thor and Malekith go at it one on one, let alone on Earth where there is actually carnage laying around them is a pleasant surprise.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #992
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Dude probably just blocks it with his forearm.
L-O-L

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm just as happy as you are man that they're putting more effort into showing on how much range Thor has when it comes to his fighting skills and abilities, let alone how visually awesome it can be to see on the big screen if done right.

So I was really under the impression that Thor's main battle would be with Kurse, with Loki probably butting heads with Malekith more, so seeing Thor and Malekith go at it one on one, let alone on Earth where there is actually carnage laying around them is a pleasant surprise.
I agree and speaking of carnage I sure hope Thor actually throws, catches, or crush someone using a large vehicle.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity when you have a super strong guy who doesn't take advantage of his environment

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #993
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I still wanna see a human sized guy pick up a car and use it in combat. Iron man picking up a car doesnt count. lol. Maybe in the superman film

Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #994
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Hope you're right. I can't tell yet. All I know is I've been wanting them to step up the fighting/stunts in the Thor/Cap franchises. I'm not asking them to re-invent those things on film, but they've seemed content to be sort've average.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #995
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
L-O-L

I agree and speaking of carnage I sure hope Thor actually throws, catches, or crush someone using a large vehicle.

It just seems like a wasted opportunity when you have a super strong guy who doesn't take advantage of his environment
It would be pretty iconic if they showed Thor catching a few vehicles with passengers in them, but it might be to reminiscent of Iron Man 1.lol

But yeah; it's a real shame that MARVEL has seemingly kept a small leash on what Thor has been allowed to do on screen. We know well enough by what we've seen in the MCU at least that Thor is very powerful, but they haven't allowed him to fully demonstrate on what he can do with his abilities.

If they think that Iron Man's abilities and feats are visually impressive, then they should wait to see on how the GA would react if Thor was allowed to do the things that he can do in the comics onto the big screen.

And on another note, I'm glad that they'll be using villains that don't require that much CGI for their appearances because the Chitauri and even the Frost Giants (due to having to make them look big in the film) have used effects for their appearances that sometimes make it very noticeable when you see Thor fighting them on screen. I want action scenes that look very fluid.

And on another note, I'm glad that Thor is finally being given the chance to fight someone that's a villain that ISN'T Loki.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:53 PM   #996
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Someone a few pages back commented on the number of guests visiting here and encouraging them to join up.... I was one of those guests and joined up because of you!

Anyway, im pretty excited about this film. Im not too far away from Greenwich but I doubt I could get there while they were still filming That bus advert is interesting. Foreshadowing of something? Along with the whole Thursday Mourning filming letters that were sent out for the Bourne Wood set.
Quote:
Good job elizah72 the more the merrier.

Surfer
h/t elizah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffles View Post
Thank you for the welcome! I will try and pop round after work tomorrow and see whats going on there, otherwise I have some free time at the weekend for a butchers at the set. Glad to hear they are sticking around for a while though.
Let me join in the chorus welcoming you, waffles!

I think they might be shooting through the 20th or the 30th (couldn't quite read the sign that marvel_freshman posted).

And to all the other guests, join us! Joooooooin us!

Quote:

It *is* looking very promising, very exciting!

And: maybe the battle with Kurse will be bigger still!!

Finally, thanks to surfer and everyone else who posted videos! All very cool to see!

Old 11-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #997
elizah72
Side-Kick

ooooh! Possible Hawkeye cameo people!

http://princehals.tumblr.com/post/35...this-guy-i-was

Old 11-15-2012, 07:55 PM   #998
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Roger Wardell has joined Tumblr, apparently

Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #999
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Roger Wardell has joined Tumblr, apparently
LOL... maybe... but it's not out of the question. He was in the first one, after all...

I think this person is as believable/reliable as anyone, the person who she spoke to on the set might have been another thing entirely, however.

Just putting it out there in case anyone else spies another confirmation.

edit: and I see Jeremy is hosting SNL this week, so if he was there, he's gone by now. However, doesn't mean he wasn't in England earlier in the week for a day. NY is a hell of a lot closer to England than LA. So maybe...

Last edited by elizah72; 11-15-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 PM   #1000
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:

Yeah. Idk if you notived, but when thor hit him, the blue light flashed from the left onto the two actors, representing lightning apparently. Then Malekith responded, and we saw a red light. So there definitally will be some magic to malekith

Quote:
LOL... maybe... but it's not out of the question. He was in the first one, after all...

I think this person is as believable/reliable as anyone, the person who she spoke to on the set might have been another thing entirely, however.

Just putting it out there in case anyone else spies another confirmation.

edit: and I see Jeremy is hosting SNL this week, so if he was there, he's gone by now. However, doesn't mean he wasn't in England earlier in the week for a day. NY is a hell of a lot closer to England than LA. So maybe...
I like jeremy. Good actor