The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:55 PM   #151
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Yes, it's the new smash sitcom Everybody Hates Odin. But people really watch it just to see what kind of mischief Loki's cooked up this week.
Not quite

I'd watch it to see Odin f*** everyone up who comes at him

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
oooh! Agreed!!!!
I would love that. Just expanding on the whole mythological aspect of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I just want a good Thor movie with a good Thor story doing Thor stuff in a Thorwesome way that Thorocks.
Seriously. Keep Thanos, and lady death out of it for now. I want as much of Thanos as possible. I do. Just not in Thor.

Old 10-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #152
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I just want a good Thor movie with a good Thor story doing Thor stuff in a Thorwesome way that Thorocks.
Thorxactly

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 10-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #153
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Not quite

I'd watch it to see Odin f*** everyone up who comes at him
That's the wrong show. Your thinking about "$#*! My Allfather Says".

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #154
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman View Post
That's the wrong show. Your thinking about "$#*! My Allfather Says".

lol.

Just watched this last night. Is Odin just yelling "Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!" at Loki here?

Old 10-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #155
elizah72
Side-Kick

Not so sure it's "HEY!" More like "HAARRRGH!!" whichever its' definitely got a tone of "don't you try to use that silver tongue with me, young man!" I just can't wait for the Loki-Odin scenes after everything that went down in Avengers. Is he going to go super angry tough love like with Thor's punishment, or is he going to try to go in the other direction, try to reach Loki and turn him around?

Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #156
Jenlet
Irritant

Quote:
Not so sure it's "HEY!" More like "HAARRRGH!!" whichever its' definitely got a tone of "don't you try to use that silver tongue with me, young man!" I just can't wait for the Loki-Odin scenes after everything that went down in Avengers. Is he going to go super angry tough love like with Thor's punishment, or is he going to try to go in the other direction, try to reach Loki and turn him around?
I think he'll offer Loki some fava beans and a nice Chianti lol.

Seriously, that's a tough call. I'd like to think Odin would be all aggro on Loki, but also remembering his want to keep things peaceful between the realms (and reminded kid-Thor that wise kings don't start war), he might actually try to right Loki.

Really, they all just need a good family therapy session.

Old 10-18-2012, 09:24 AM   #157
American Maid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenlet View Post
Loki needs his mom. Rene Russo said so.

Seriously, though, I agree with you--it's a tough call as to how to (effectively) deal with Loki.

As for what Odin says to Loki when he's about to exile Thor, there's a quote file that reports the line as "Nay!". The script that's online says he only gives Loki a look that stops him in his tracks. I had heard that the take they used was one in which Branagh had given Hopkins liberty to play it out as seemed fitting in the moment. So it may be that it just came out garbled since Odin was so furious.

(Also regarding that take: I recall one of Hiddleston or Hemsworth--probably the former--commenting that Hopkins' performance in that take made such an impression on them that they had trouble maintaining their composure. And if you go back and play that scene, you can kind of see it. I personally think that moment from Hopkins is the single best moment in the film.)

Old 10-18-2012, 09:45 AM   #158
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Yeah But Rene hates watching her own performances lol Makes me wonder if she really knows how much of her was cut from Thor lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 10-18-2012, 11:04 AM   #159
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think he'll offer Loki some fava beans and a nice Chianti lol.

Seriously, that's a tough call. I'd like to think Odin would be all aggro on Loki, but also remembering his want to keep things peaceful between the realms (and reminded kid-Thor that wise kings don't start war), he might actually try to right Loki.

I'm a bit nervous they may mess this up, or not deal with it enough due to other elements of the story. However, clearly Movie Odin and his relationship with Loki is FAR different than the comics or mythology (which, I'm sorry, I like that it is different)and it would really be out of character for movie Odin to punish him with torture or give him some meaningless punishment that Loki would not learn from. He may be imprisoned or banished somewhere he can do no harm, but there will be a possible out left by Odin for him. As Frigga said there is a purpose to everything Odin does, and just as with sending down the hammer with Thor, in case he should prove himself worthy, it would be very very out of character for Odin to not devise some way to do the same for Loki. As far as emotional response, that could go either way but I feel like the wise All Father should know both his sons well enough that reacting to Loki the way he did with Thor, is very likely going to make it worse. They are 2 very different men, Thor could take that well deserved tough love kick in the pants, Loki would have twisted it into, "oh he hates me now well I'll teach him a lesson then!" And I feel like Odin would realize that and act accordingly. Or at least he should.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-18-2012 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #160
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Maid View Post
Loki needs his mom. Rene Russo said so.
Yup. Here's hoping for some more Russo-Hiddles screentime. They should never have cut that Odin's bedside scene in Thor.

And judging by her response in the Frigga confronts Odin scene that was cut, it would be very out of character for her not to try to do everything she can to protect Loki and bring him back from the dark side.

Old 10-18-2012, 11:08 AM   #161
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Seriously. Keep Thanos, and lady death out of it for now. I want as much of Thanos as possible. I do. Just not in Thor.
Thanos isn't the only Th in the Marvel Universe thats awesome! All you need is a Th to be Thorwesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Thorxactly
Its gonna be Thorvie of the year!

Seriously though, I find myself getting more excited for The Dark World more than any other film being released in 2013. And I'm quite excited by Man of Steel and the Star Trek sequel.

Old 10-18-2012, 02:22 PM   #162
SimiOfDoom
Side-Kick

I will just stop lurking for a little while, to share this interesting tidbid that was just posted on imdb:

"OK. From what I gathered from True North (the company that manages all these foreign film shootings here) is that they were up in the highlands filming a large battle scene that involved both the Thunder God and his foster-brother (on opposite sides).

Nothing else was said except that the scene was the largest ever made in this country (which isn't saying a lot).
"

sadly I do not know how truthful the source is :/

Last edited by SimiOfDoom; 10-18-2012 at 02:45 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #163
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I hope like hell we get some serious tension via a Loki/Odin scene. Could add some much depth to the film.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #164
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Thor: The Dark World synopsis: "Marvel’s "Thor: The Dark World" continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvel’s "Thor" and "Marvel’s The Avengers," Thor fights to restore order across the cosmos...but an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all. "

Starring Chris Hemsworth, Natalie Portman, Tom Hiddleston, Stellan Skarsgård, Idris Elba, Christopher Eccleston, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Kat Dennings, Ray Stevenson, Zachary Levi, Tadanobu Asano and Jaimie Alexander with Rene Russo and Anthony Hopkins as Odin, “Thor: The Dark World” is directed by Alan Taylor, produced by Kevin Feige, from a story by Don Payne (credit not final) and screenplay by Christopher Yost and Christopher Markus & Stephen McFeely (credit not final) and is based on Marvel’s classic Super Hero Thor, who first appeared in the comic book “Journey into Mystery “ #83 in August, 1962.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-18-2012, 04:23 PM   #165
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
lol.

Just watched this last night. Is Odin just yelling "Heeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!" at Loki here?
Isn't that screen grab from the episode where Loki and Thor had to travel the nine realms to find Odin the best mead in the universe? That was a funny episode, especially the taste testing scene.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." The Breakfast Club

- It's easy to sell out and do things with no conscience all for the greed when you don't care about all the things that really matter in life.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:19 PM   #166
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
lol.

LMAO, I always think the same thing while watching that scene.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 PM   #167
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
LMAO, I always think the same thing while watching that scene.
I think that scene was a casualty of Branaugh's directing approach (which I liked, otherwise). He said something about shooting a scene a bunch of different ways each time, telling the actors to do it angrily the first time, then quietly the second, and so on. The editing there seemed to take a little from each version and it came out looking really odd.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #168
elizah72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimiOfDoom View Post
I will just stop lurking for a little while, to share this interesting tidbid that was just posted on imdb:

"OK. From what I gathered from True North (the company that manages all these foreign film shootings here) is that they were up in the highlands filming a large battle scene that involved both the Thunder God and his foster-brother (on opposite sides).

Nothing else was said except that the scene was the largest ever made in this country (which isn't saying a lot).
"

sadly I do not know how truthful the source is :/
Thank you, very interesting, if true...

Per twitter Adewale was filming in Iceland as well.

Last edited by elizah72; 10-19-2012 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #169
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I guess I'm not fully opposed to Loki having a big role again
But I hope this supposed battle scene features Loki more minimally
I don't want to see him leading yet another army against Thor
Hopefully he's just acting as an advisor or something to the big bads

Old 10-19-2012, 07:33 PM   #170
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
I guess I'm not fully opposed to Loki having a big role again
But I hope this supposed battle scene features Loki more minimally
I don't want to see him leading yet another army against Thor
Hopefully he's just acting as an advisor or something to the big bads
I'm pretty sure it won't be his army. I think he’s just sides against Asgard and joins the opposing forces. Plus it doesn’t bother me really as long as the movie is Story driven and not just a series of plot points like the Avengers (I love the Avengers. It’s not a snub). I hope there are multiple forces pulling in different direction and Loki is just one of the many forces trying to push his own agenda. I hope it ends up like Game of Thrones where they can tell multiple story arcs from multiple characters perspectives.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #171
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

If the rumors are true that Odin dies, why do I have the feeling that with Asgard vulnerable, Thanos attacks Asgard to recover one of the relics which happens to be the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 2.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:54 AM   #172
Neo_3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
If the rumors are true that Odin dies, why do I have the feeling that with Asgard vulnerable, Thanos attacks Asgard to recover one of the relics which happens to be the Infinity Gauntlet in Avengers 2.
Wouldn't as soon as Odin dies the OF pass over to Thor, unless he is in a different realm he could protect it.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #173
Godzilla2000
Legendary Dragon Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
I don't know about that but without Odin Asgard would certainly be in a weakened state. But I was thinking that the weakest link in this chain of events will be Loki. Just think of this...without Odin to deprogram Loki from everything that he encountered in his exile and all the abuse he must have suffered at the hands of Thanos he'll be a ticking time bomb of insanity. Basically with Loki slowly and painfully losing all grasp of his sanity and control of his impulses Asgard's order will be rotting from the inside out making it easier for villains like Thanos and Surtur to retrieve their items of power that Odin confiscated.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all." The Breakfast Club

- It's easy to sell out and do things with no conscience all for the greed when you don't care about all the things that really matter in life.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:36 AM   #174
elizah72
Side-Kick

I think based on some things that I've seen Tom say about Loki, and hoping for some kind of redemption, that won't be the direction he's going in. Not that he'll ever be totally redeemed, he'll never be king of Asgard, he'll never be worthy enough to be able to pick up Mjolnir (I would be absolutely stunned if they had something happen where he could).

here is what I see happening for Loki, Loki starts out in prison, where Odin and/or Frigga spend some time talking to him (or someone does, and clearly Thor cannot get through to him so that leaves them), and we at least see the beginnings of that stone encasing his heart beginning to fall away again, and he's leveling off. Due to the upset in the realms, and Odin's continued weakened state, and Loki's knowledge of how to get from one place to another, they will have no choice but to ask Loki to work with them for a time, to get Thor and his gang where they are needed. In the process he may run into Malekith and/or Tyr, and it will appear he is working with them for his freedom. This report that Thor and Loki are on different sides of a big fight, makes sense to me since at some point he is likely to cross Thor and again, at least appear to be working with the baddies for a time. At some point Loki will double cross them too though, and help save Asgard (and maybe Odin and/or Frigga specifically). So in this way he'll be walking that line between good and evil and using his "mischief" for good in this particular scenario. But as always that will blow up in his face probably. He wont get what he wants, which is a free pass for his past crimes though, and he will be told he has to go back to prison. And at that point, he manages to escape and goes into hiding until either Avengers 2 or the next Thor. In Avengers 2, while I am thinking he may not be in much, if at all, I could definitely see him being captured by Thanos, and then trying to manipulate Thanos to get out of his punishment, which will likely again blow up in his face in some fashion. Where they go with him in Thor 3 I will be interested in seeing, but I do hope we dont see more of the rather cliche theme of the troubled villain has to die in order to redeem himself. I'm not so sure he really needs to ever be completely redeemed, I'm much more interested in seeing him walk the line, and I think that's much more interesting for Tom to play, than someone who is just gleefully running around committing villainy, no matter how heartbreaking the start of it was.

Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #175
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I think based on some things that I've seen Tom say about Loki, and hoping for some kind of redemption, that won't be the direction he's going in. Not that he'll ever be totally redeemed, he'll never be king of Asgard, he'll never be worthy enough to be able to pick up Mjolnir (I would be absolutely stunned if they had something happen where he could).

here is what I see happening for Loki, Loki starts out in prison, where Odin and/or Frigga spend some time talking to him (or someone does, and clearly Thor cannot get through to him so that leaves them), and we at least see the beginnings of that stone encasing his heart beginning to fall away again, and he's leveling off. Due to the upset in the realms, and Odin's continued weakened state, and Loki's knowledge of how to get from one place to another, they will have no choice but to ask Loki to work with them for a time, to get Thor and his gang where they are needed. In the process he may run into Malekith and/or Tyr, and it will appear he is working with them for his freedom. This report that Thor and Loki are on different sides of a big fight, makes sense to me since at some point he is likely to cross Thor and again, at least appear to be working with the baddies for a time. At some point Loki will double cross them too though, and help save Asgard (and maybe Odin and/or Frigga specifically). So in this way he'll be walking that line between good and evil and using his "mischief" for good in this particular scenario. But as always that will blow up in his face probably. He wont get what he wants, which is a free pass for his past crimes though, and he will be told he has to go back to prison. And at that point, he manages to escape and goes into hiding until either Avengers 2 or the next Thor. In Avengers 2, while I am thinking he may not be in much, if at all, I could definitely see him being captured by Thanos, and then trying to manipulate Thanos to get out of his punishment, which will likely again blow up in his face in some fashion. Where they go with him in Thor 3 I will be interested in seeing, but I do hope we dont see more of the rather cliche theme of the troubled villain has to die in order to redeem himself. I'm not so sure he really needs to ever be completely redeemed, I'm much more interested in seeing him walk the line, and I think that's much more interesting for Tom to play, than someone who is just gleefully running around committing villainy, no matter how heartbreaking the start of it was.
I don't want Loki's redemption yet.

And he won't be in Avengers 2 most likely