The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 06-16-2013, 11:37 PM   #1
smallville fan
Hero

Default If we get a DC Cinematic Universe, what movies would you want?(other than the usual)

Ok we know that EVERYONE wants Wonder Woman, Flash, Batman/Green Lantern reboot what other movies would you want to see? This is assuming the DCCU becomes just as good as the MCU(Marvel Cinematic Universe)?

Personally I want to see:
  • Captain Marvel/Shazam
  • Hawkman
  • Justice Society
  • The Legion of Superheroes
  • The Suicide Squad
  • New Gods

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
hellblazer103
Nasty Piece of Work

Default Re: If we get a DC Cinematic Universe, what movies would you want?(other than the usu

mutha****in' justice league dark/ heaven sent/ dark universe / whatever-the-hell guillermo del toro is calling this "project " of his. i haven't seen a single update about this at all lately, which saddens me.

hellblazer103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #3
Boom
I got nothin'

Default Re: If we get a DC Cinematic Universe, what movies would you want?(other than the usu

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
mutha****in' justice league dark/ heaven sent/ dark universe / whatever-the-hell guillermo del toro is calling this "project " of his. i haven't seen a single update about this at all lately, which saddens me.
I'd imagine that will get the go-ahead once Pacific Rim hits. Of GDT's fifty projects in development, I need that one to happen. My soul depends on it.

Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #4
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Also, it's ambitious and DC tends to be kinda incompetent.

My one hope is that they start to push away from the po-faced Nolan approach.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:40 AM   #5
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

If the solo films are the usual suspects (FLASH, WONDER WOMAN ect.) and they leave room for the characters, then a TEEN TITANS film for sure. Would love to see a proper Robin to Nightwing progression. I wouldn't mind a TASK FORCE X, a.k.a. THE SUICIDE SQUAD film either. FIRESTORM, THE NUCLEAR MAN could workout to a trilogy actually. 1st. film Ronnie and Stein, 2nd film Jason and Stein, 3rd film Ronnie and Jason. A concept that just lends itself to humor would be BOOSTER GOLD. But he can't stay a self centered jerk like what happened in Green Hornet. If the money were to be spent in the right places (SFX), then sign me up for some ADAM STRANGE.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:16 AM   #6
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman

But of course they should also release a solo movie for Batman and Green Lantern.

www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:37 AM   #7
S. Grundy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
If the solo films are the usual suspects (FLASH, WONDER WOMAN ect.) and they leave room for the characters, then a TEEN TITANS film for sure. Would love to see a proper Robin to Nightwing progression. I wouldn't mind a TASK FORCE X, a.k.a. THE SUICIDE SQUAD film either. FIRESTORM, THE NUCLEAR MAN could workout to a trilogy actually. 1st. film Ronnie and Stein, 2nd film Jason and Stein, 3rd film Ronnie and Jason. A concept that just lends itself to humor would be BOOSTER GOLD. But he can't stay a self centered jerk like what happened in Green Hornet. If the money were to be spent in the right places (SFX), then sign me up for some ADAM STRANGE.
That will never happen, I mean DC/WB doesn't even feel like there is enough of a market for those characters to even make animated movies. That's why they're all Batman, Superman, JLA, Green Lantern.

S. Grundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:38 AM   #8
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Wonder Woman, Flash, Aquaman

But of course they should also release a solo movie for Batman and Green Lantern.
Other than the usual stuff. It's a given we'll see them.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #9
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Grundy View Post
That will never happen, I mean DC/WB doesn't even feel like there is enough of a market for those characters to even make animated movies. That's why they're all Batman, Superman, JLA, Green Lantern.
Hey brother I already know that those are a pipe dream at best. But I thought the question was who else besides the big 5 (or 7 if you want J'onn and Arthur to be inclueded) of the DCU should get the film treatment. I am under no illusions. As a what if scenario though, my previous post is what I would like to see.

Last edited by KRYPTON INC.; 06-17-2013 at 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 AM   #10
Mrs. Sawyer
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellblazer103 View Post
I hate to break it to you and be the bearer of bad news, but that movie isn't happening any time soon. Del Toro is going to direct Crimson Peak next and then if Pacific Rim is successful, he's doing Pacific Rim 2 after that.

Del Toro is a director who talks, talks, talks about projects but few of them actually pan out.

Not to mention WB hasn't even greenlighted the project. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to treat Dark Universe as Del Toro blowing more smoke.

Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:33 AM   #11
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I hate to break it to you and be the bearer of bad news, but that movie isn't happening any time soon. Del Toro is going to direct Crimson Peak next and then if Pacific Rim is successful, he's doing Pacific Rim 2 after that.

Del Toro is a director who talks, talks, talks about projects but few of them actually pan out.

Not to mention WB hasn't even greenlighted the project. As far as I'm concerned, I'm just going to treat Dark Universe as Del Toro blowing more smoke.
I never believed this "Justice League Dark" project would even take off in the first place without Justice League actually taking off.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:27 AM   #12
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Justice League, according to The Wall Stree Journal, is in the process of taking off. Hopefully JLD would be released the following year.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #13
Airwings
Waves of air

Other that the usuals (as you call them), I want Aquaman, Green Arrow and Hawkman.

But I guesss Aquaman is pretty "usual" by now.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Donut
Banned User

& Injustice I think only helped with his popularity

Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #15
Rorschach2012
$

Aquaman, Teen Titans, Nightwing, but only after featuring Robin in solo Batman movies.

Justice League Dark. Green Arrow

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #16
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Wonder Woman, Shazam, Flash, Green Lantern, and Aquaman

Old 06-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #17
Tanin
Vladeck

Booster Gold

Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$

Booster doesn't have enough potential to make a great film. Booster and Blue Beetle would be okay... I guess. Still would make a boring film when you can think about all the possibilities with DC characters

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
mat-chow
Side-Kick

Some sort of film that incorporates the Egyptian DC mythology. Nabu, Teth Adam, the wizard Shazam, Hawkman/Hawkgirl. Maybe that's just part of a Hawkman or Shazam movie. But hopefully the Dr Fate elements could tie into the potential "Dark Universe" film and really show what an expansive magical realm exists in the DC Universe.
Wotan, Ibac, Isis, I don't know. Felix Faust? Just spitballin'.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:43 PM   #20
Tanin
Vladeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Booster doesn't have enough potential to make a great film. Booster and Blue Beetle would be okay... I guess. Still would make a boring film when you can think about all the possibilities with DC characters
Booster is just as interesting as Batman or Iron Man is. Human using technology to better himself.

Tanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 07:53 PM   #21
Da Games Elite
Side-Kick

I'd love to see a Teen Titans movie or Suicide Squad. One thing Marvel has not done so far is a villain team-up film (though, if the Masters of Evil are in Avengers 2 or Sinister Six in ASM3...). Obviously, Suicide Squad would have to be made down the road, after a few bad guys are established, and Teen Titans would come after Robin has been introduced...but I'd like to see them.

Da Games Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:19 PM   #22
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

After watching Man of Steel I kept getting flashes of a SHAZAM! movie in my head.

Other than that, Teen Titans, I definitely want Heaven Sent by Del Toro, Cyborg (if they don't put him in JL), maybe some of the young bucks of the DCU getting the spotlight. A lot of potential if written right.

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:24 PM   #23
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

The usuals: Man of Steel Trilogy, Caped Crusader Trilogy, Wonder Woman Trilogy, Green Lantern Corps Trilogy, The Flash Trilogy (maybe), Aquaman

Additionals: Robin Begins -> Teen Titans

TV: Arrow, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter, that's it for me.

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:34 PM   #24
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Cosmic: What about SHAZAM! for tv? Don't leave me hanging buddy!

BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 08:56 PM   #25
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
Other than the usual stuff. It's a given we'll see them.
But the question is when?

www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote