The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 03-29-2015, 04:42 AM   #1
smallville fan
Hero

Default Kingdom Come in the DCCU?

What the title says. Could we see this graphic novel somehow adapted to the big screen?

How would it work? What changes would be made?(I imagine it wouldn't be a 100% adaptation though)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:56 AM   #2
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Kingdom Come in the DCCU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
What the title says. Could we see this graphic novel somehow adapted to the big screen?

How would it work? What changes would be made?(I imagine it wouldn't be a 100% adaptation though)
Carts before horses and all that. I mean... discussing this with any precision at all, even bare bones speculations seems kind of absurd at this point. For both Marvel and DC I think it's important for fans to realize that these huge multi franchise fictional shared universes have not been created so as to lovingly recreate every point of continuity in live action or beloved story. We haven't even seen exactly what the Superman and Batman relationship on the big screen will be like in it's specifics. Let's wait for that before we jump the gun.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 05:59 AM   #3
Lord
All Mighty

DC has actualy gone a more straightforward way by showing a veteran Batman and the other heroes also seem to be fighting for a while, there's most likely an entire gallery of villains under arrest, considering we're also getting Suicide Squad straight away.

Eventualy going with Kingdom Come could be interesting, but Superman is still a bit young and DC will most likely go with Crisis stories.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:34 AM   #4
Cyclonus
Side-Kick

It would be great to get an animated movie adaption of this. For years I always thought DC would never put out a animated Frank Millers Darknight Returns animated movie, and I got proven wrong, that it turned out to be great. So I would love to see at the least a 2 part animated Kingdom Come movie.

Cyclonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 AM   #5
CaptainWagner
Dancing With the League

Kingdom Come would make an amazing animated movie. A live action adaptation would be great too, but I don't see it ever happening.

Tom Holland as Peter Parker,
Ariel Winter as Gwen Stacy,
Neil Patrick Harris as Mysterio

Make it Happen, Mr. Fiege!

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:29 AM   #6
Keehar
Side-Kick

The way they're trying to fast track to a JL movie, we might see Kingdom Come sooner than we think.

Keehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:34 PM   #7
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Iron Man, released in 2008. Avengers released in 2012.

Man Of Steel released in 2013. Justice League Part One to be released in 2017. Do the math reading public. How is one "rushed" but not the others given a virtually identical time from first film to team up tent pole?

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 11:13 PM   #8
Victarion
Cut

I started wondering about this when DC said they considered cinema and television to be separate universe. Seems pretty risky, especially if they get sloppy and rush it out.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:00 AM   #9
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Iron Man, released in 2008. Avengers released in 2012.

Man Of Steel released in 2013. Justice League Part One to be released in 2017. Do the math reading public. How is one "rushed" but not the others given a virtually identical time from first film to team up tent pole?
Not really fair to compare 5 core films which have set up the entire team, versus two. I'm not going to flat out say DC rushed things, but certainly Marvel had a better pace in terms of set-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keehar View Post
The way they're trying to fast track to a JL movie, we might see Kingdom Come sooner than we think.
I think we'll see something akin to Civil War. Take the spirit and concept of the story, but twist it into something new for the film.

I always though Kingdom Come (or something like it) would be too out there for WB/DC, but they've really surprised me this past year with the decisions they've made. Now I'm not putting it out of the question, especially with how mature the cast will be by the time it would be appropriate to take that story into consideration.

Jekecy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:09 AM   #10
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
It would be great to get an animated movie adaption of this. For years I always thought DC would never put out a animated Frank Millers Darknight Returns animated movie, and I got proven wrong, that it turned out to be great. So I would love to see at the least a 2 part animated Kingdom Come movie.
I don't think it can be done well and what kind of animation can do justice and honour the artwork of Alex Ross?

Bruce Timm even said: "It's just not made for 2D animation. It's just not. I don't think we...It's not a good fit. Yeah. So, impossible dream, yes. I'm sorry."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
I think we'll see something akin to Civil War. Take the spirit and concept of the story, but twist it into something new for the film.
This is what I'd like to see happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote