The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Products

Old 10-19-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
spider14
Newbie First Class

Default Re: web shooter swinging

i'm new but since goku 9600 does not have a camra maybe you can tell us how to make the mix and we prove that this is real or not

Last edited by spider14; 10-19-2012 at 12:48 AM. Reason: none
spider14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #27
goku9600
Side-Kick

thats what i was wanted you guys to do in the first place

goku9600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:00 PM   #28
goku9600
Side-Kick

i dont exactily measure how much adhesive i use but i use quite a bit have about 1 and a half cups of water

Old 10-20-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
Aris
Newbie First Class

If you can't record a video, then can you tell us the exact ratio of the substances of your working formula?

Aris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #30
ravenstrong

Come on Goku, you have absolutely zero proof, you most likely won't have any proof because considering modern technology not only is "webbing" virtually impossible to recreate, it's useless so no one with significant scientific prowess even thinks of developing it. Feel free to shut me up with a video in which case I'll apologize but for now, you're just wasting the time and efforts of people too innocent to believe you're lying, you lead us on for this long, don't you think it's a little silly by now? Not trying to be rude or mean, just trying to be the voice of reason here.

Last edited by ravenstrong; 10-21-2012 at 09:15 AM.
ravenstrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 03:10 PM   #31
clyde
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenstrong View Post
Come on Goku, you have absolutely zero proof, you most likely won't have any proof because considering modern technology not only is "webbing" virtually impossible to recreate, it's useless so no one with significant scientific prowess even thinks of developing it. Feel free to shut me up with a video in which case I'll apologize but for now, you're just wasting the time and efforts of people too innocent to believe you're lying, you lead us on for this long, don't you think it's a little silly by now? Not trying to be rude or mean, just trying to be the voice of reason here.
Speaking my opinion here. Even though I don't believe it, I don't think he has been wasting anyone's time. It's only a waste of time if you're dwelling it on it. I just put it aside as a possibility if I see no proof. I don't worry/think about unless something comes up. As for efforts, he gave a formula that supposedly works. I don't think it's a waste to try things out since all the formulas given were once (or still are) theoretical and must be tested out to know for sure.

Edison could have made 1000 light bulbs that didn't work before he made his first working one. So I like to look at all the formulas that don't work, like the Edison analogy.

clyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:08 PM   #32
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
Speaking my opinion here. Even though I don't believe it, I don't think he has been wasting anyone's time. It's only a waste of time if you're dwelling it on it. I just put it aside as a possibility if I see no proof. I don't worry/think about unless something comes up. As for efforts, he gave a formula that supposedly works. I don't think it's a waste to try things out since all the formulas given were once (or still are) theoretical and must be tested out to know for sure.

Edison could have made 1000 light bulbs that didn't work before he made his first working one. So I like to look at all the formulas that don't work, like the Edison analogy.
thank you clyde

Old 10-22-2012, 12:31 AM   #33
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

I tried out Goku's formula with several different proportions, and followed up on his estimation of water.
None worked, all were just a watery mess. And remember, there is "amount tolerance", so we can't assume I wasn't within it with so many combinations.

Wadaltmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
pllagunos
SPIDER

hey wadalmton there is one formula that works YOURS you posted that it hold your 200 pounds brother

pllagunos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
goku9600
Side-Kick

i have the proportions in my notebook somewhere im trying to find it

Old 10-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #36
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by pllagunos View Post
hey wadalmton there is one formula that works YOURS you posted that it hold your 200 pounds brother
That was a giant vat we splattered in one place on a wall, I doubt it would hold the same in a thin strand.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #37
goku9600
Side-Kick

wadaltmon did you use co2 when testing my formula thats what makes it dry so fastly

Old 10-22-2012, 08:19 PM   #38
goku9600
Side-Kick

and i just remembered that you are you suppose to use 1/4 or 2/4cups of jb weild aw man i need to find that note book

Last edited by goku9600; 10-22-2012 at 08:25 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:10 PM   #39
goku9600
Side-Kick

and you guys should test it with your web shooters and if it doesnt dry instantly USE LESS WATER

Old 10-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #40
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku9600 View Post
and you guys should test it with your web shooters and if it doesnt dry instantly USE LESS WATER
the co2 is what makes my web fluid dry so fast

Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #41
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
the co2 is what makes my web fluid dry so fast
What is your solvent? The solvent is the stuff you put everything in, and is what evaporates out when you shoot.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:26 PM   #42
goku9600
Side-Kick

the only thing that keeps the fluid in liquid form before you shoot is the water it dries when you shoot it because of the compressed air

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #43
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
the only thing that keeps the fluid in liquid form before you shoot is the water it dries when you shoot it because of the compressed air
You've contradicted yourself.
Water would evaporate, if you wanted it to be the solvent. CO2 is not compressed air, and that would not dry it... it would not oxidize it either....
Do you know what CO2 is? It is carbon dioxide. It does not cause evaporation. It does not cause oxidation. Thus, it cannot be the reason for your formula's drying.

Old 10-24-2012, 05:38 PM   #44
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wadaltmon View Post
You've contradicted yourself.
Water would evaporate, if you wanted it to be the solvent. CO2 is not compressed air, and that would not dry it... it would not oxidize it either....
Do you know what CO2 is? It is carbon dioxide. It does not cause evaporation. It does not cause oxidation. Thus, it cannot be the reason for your formula's drying.
well i dont know how it does then,i made it by accident in the first place

Old 10-24-2012, 08:54 PM   #45
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

And you were somehow able to recount the exact proportions?
Sorry, I don't think so.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:13 PM   #46
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
And you were somehow able to recount the exact proportions?
Sorry, I don't think so.
once when i was testing other peoples foormulas i was trying different adhesives and i knocked some of them over (along with some water) and i looked at though if it could work and it did

Old 10-25-2012, 12:27 AM   #47
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Quote:
once when i was testing other peoples foormulas i was trying different adhesives and i knocked some of them over (along with some water) and i looked at though if it could work and it did
That would mean that the thing you knocked over was on an elevated surface (which would bring the chances of you knocking it down way down) and somehow was able to balance perfectly on what you were mixing the stuff in.
Let's say this did happen, what you said. Then whatever you were mixing it on was a flat surface... which, then, it would be impossible to reap it from there, and thus now be able to test it.
Then, if the water "spilled", you wouldn't know exactly how much spilled in.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #48
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote:
That would mean that the thing you knocked over was on an elevated surface (which would bring the chances of you knocking it down way down) and somehow was able to balance perfectly on what you were mixing the stuff in.
Let's say this did happen, what you said. Then whatever you were mixing it on was a flat surface... which, then, it would be impossible to reap it from there, and thus now be able to test it.
Then, if the water "spilled", you wouldn't know exactly how much spilled in.
it fell on the ground i got all of it up (with out the glass) when i mixed it it was perfect i kept testing the formula until i got i right agian

Old 10-25-2012, 08:25 PM   #49
Wadaltmon
S.P.I.D.E.R.-Man

Sorry, I am still not convinced.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #50
goku9600
Side-Kick

Quote: