"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 10-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #102
TinkTonks
loves her some Tom Hardy!

Default Re: Don't Hate The Hater, Hate The Hate! - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
A guy came into work this afternoon, asked what time my department closed and I told him ten o'clock. He said he would be back later, which made no sense to me. He came back at 9:55 and seemed surprised that I was nearly closed for the evening. I served him but I walked out of the store like

Gaaaah! I hate when people do that!!

I work at a department store that has front and back entrances. When we closed one night at 9, the manager on duty went and locked the back doors first. It was like 7 after 9. This woman came running in the front way, saying 'I know you all are getting ready to close-'

"We ARE closed!" I said.

"Well, I just need to know where the clothes are. Point me to where they are!!!" She then saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and ran to the associate walking through the clothing section, shouting "you! Can you help me?! I need...." I didn't hear what it was, but she left a few minutes later without buying anything......

And your love came to me...
~george harrison

Old 10-22-2012, 04:07 PM   #103
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

New house being built right next to mine. Same builder so the houses look similar, which doesn't bother me.

But why did they have to pick the exact same color siding as us.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #104
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkTonks View Post
Gaaaah! I hate when people do that!!

I work at a department store that has front and back entrances. When we closed one night at 9, the manager on duty went and locked the back doors first. It was like 7 after 9. This woman came running in the front way, saying 'I know you all are getting ready to close-'

"We ARE closed!" I said.

"Well, I just need to know where the clothes are. Point me to where they are!!!" She then saw movement out of the corner of her eye, and ran to the associate walking through the clothing section, shouting "you! Can you help me?! I need...." I didn't hear what it was, but she left a few minutes later without buying anything......
People that wait until the very last minute to do their shopping need to be slapped around. I once had a lady come in and ask for service after we were closed.

Me: "I'm sorry ma'am, but we're closed."
Lady: "Can you do it anyway?"
Me: "No, I'm sorry."
Lady: (confused) "Why not?"
Me: "Because we're closed."

Old 10-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #105
TinkTonks

Quote:
People that wait until the very last minute to do their shopping need to be slapped around. I once had a lady come in and ask for service after we were closed.

LOL!

I used to lie and tell people that our registers closed down automatically at 5 after 9 at the last place I've worked. I would hit the 'print screen' button, and a whole bunch of junk would start printing out. I'd be all 'ooooooh, so sorry! Our registers just went offline so I won't be able to ring you up!'

~george harrison

Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #106
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

Quote:
My friends can't figure out why I get angry when they do that to stores and restaurants. If a restaurant closes at 11 and it's 10:30, don't go. It's not ****ing cool. If a story closes at 8 and it's 7:45, I don't go. I don't like to be rushed while shopping and years of working retail has made me hate last minute shoppers. It's the golden rule. You wouldn't want to deal with it, so don't make others deal with it because of you.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #107
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
LOL!

I used to lie and tell people that our registers closed down automatically at 5 after 9 at the last place I've worked. I would hit the 'print screen' button, and a whole bunch of junk would start printing out. I'd be all 'ooooooh, so sorry! Our registers just went offline so I won't be able to ring you up!'
I tried that about a month ago. A couple came in at 9:00 while I was cleaning and wanted to order. I told them we were closed and the lady went and complained, even though I told them that we have pre-sliced meats around the corner for them to grab. I got chewed for that by management, trust me.

Yes, it was a stupid thing I did, I admit that. Telling people that we were closed an hour before it was true? Not smart. But from my perspective at the time, it had been a slow as hell day and I was badly in need of something to do after hours of boredom, so I cleaned. (Even customers mentioned how dead it was...hours before it actually slowed down.) It always amazes me that the store can almost literally have zero customers over the span of several hours, only for people to come in during the last hour.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #108
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mortem View Post
My friends can't figure out why I get angry when they do that to stores and restaurants. If a restaurant closes at 11 and it's 10:30, don't go. It's not ****ing cool. If a story closes at 8 and it's 7:45, I don't go. I don't like to be rushed while shopping and years of working retail has made me hate last minute shoppers. It's the golden rule. You wouldn't want to deal with it, so don't make others deal with it because of you.
Exactly. We always say that we can tell if a customer has worked in a similar job to ours, based on how they act. Some are totally understanding, others dont have a clue.

Old 10-22-2012, 04:42 PM   #109
ThDWgeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I hate how my family acts like getting a job is easy, especially they've been stuck at their jobs for over 10 years and have no idea how things have changed. Not to mention, this is my first time looking for a real job and they've been virtually useless, giving me no help or advice, other than go out and get one.
Yeah, I hated that too. EVERYWHERE seems to want experience, even for stuff like filling the shelves, but obviously you're not gonna have any experience if you're looking for your first job. You end up in the depressing loop of "needs experience to get job/needs job to get experience". My only suggestion would be to simultaneously look for actual, paid jobs, while also asking at different places if you can do a couple of weeks of unpaid work experience. If you do get some work experience and you try hard and if you're lucky enough for a position to become available, you might be kept on as a proper employee. If not, at least you've got something for your resumé and maybe learnt some skills for it too. Sorry for the lecture, but I'm trying to use my experience to help out

Old 10-22-2012, 04:52 PM   #110
wiegeabo
Omniposcient

In our store, we used to close all the doors a few minutes before closing, and start cashing out registers (leaving one open for stragglers still shopping).

When the people inside wanted to leave, that's the only time we'd open the door. And for anyone trying to get in, well, if the locked door they were pulling at wasn't hint enough, we'd just shrug at them and mouth "closed, come back tomorrow"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:55 PM   #111
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

I hate when I open a door for someone and they do not say thank you.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:59 PM   #112
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
In our store, we used to close all the doors a few minutes before closing, and start cashing out registers (leaving one open for stragglers still shopping).

When the people inside wanted to leave, that's the only time we'd open the door. And for anyone trying to get in, well, if the locked door they were pulling at wasn't hint enough, we'd just shrug at them and mouth "closed, come back tomorrow"
That sounds nice, but the deli closes at 10:00 and the larger store at 12:00. I always wanted the deli to stop service at 9:00 and the employee leaves at 10:00. But that would cut into profits, so...

Old 10-22-2012, 05:54 PM   #113
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThDWgeek View Post
Yeah, I hated that too. EVERYWHERE seems to want experience, even for stuff like filling the shelves, but obviously you're not gonna have any experience if you're looking for your first job. You end up in the depressing loop of "needs experience to get job/needs job to get experience". My only suggestion would be to simultaneously look for actual, paid jobs, while also asking at different places if you can do a couple of weeks of unpaid work experience. If you do get some work experience and you try hard and if you're lucky enough for a position to become available, you might be kept on as a proper employee. If not, at least you've got something for your resumé and maybe learnt some skills for it too. Sorry for the lecture, but I'm trying to use my experience to help out
Tell me about it. I've been looking for art related jobs and most of them require some years of experience or knowledge of programs I never learned in school, which makes me feel like what I did in school wasn't good enough, and that I should probably get a Master's Degree to better my chances.

But this morning I went to apply for a temp stcokperson position in an Museum store, and even though I waited for over three hours on line, I think I go the job, but mostly because the guy interviewing me said they take a lot of people. But I also went to apply for temporary positions at Old Navy and Macy's because I think there's a good chance that I won''t be given too many hours and the first store. I know I can get better jobs, but right now, something is better than nothing.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:28 PM   #114
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

Quote:

The ones who really piss me off are customers who come back once or twice during the shift; and then want to come back AGAIN 30 minutes before closing.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:41 PM   #115
TinkTonks

I hate that my ex was pestering my friends on Facebook, and one of them let slip that I was single. I made up a fake boyfriend so's he would leave me alone. He used to message me several times a week till I told him I was seeing someone, then my friend was all like 'no, I have never heard of [insert name here].' Thanks, man.....thanks a lot. Now he's back to constantly pestering me!

~george harrison

Old 10-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #116
TinkTonks

Quote:
That sounds nice, but the deli closes at 10:00 and the larger store at 12:00. I always wanted the deli to stop service at 9:00 and the employee leaves at 10:00. But that would cut into profits, so...
Wow, that place stays open pretty late.

One time when I was counting down the registers, and the metal gates were all down, I saw this guy approaching carrying a big bag with our store name on it. He got up to the gate and began shouting over top of the vacuum. I looked up from counting the money and the dude was like:

"Hey! I have a return!"
I said that we were closed.
He said "It's just a return, I don't want to have to come back tomorrow!"
I told him I didn't want him to come back tomorrow either, but I guess we were both out of luck.

I think it should be mandatory that people should have to work 6 months in a service based industry. Like retail, waitress, etc.

~george harrison

Old 10-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #117
Lasirius
Tarifa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
I hate when I open a door for someone and they do not say thank you.
I completely hate this too.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #118
E-Man
Cooler than your daddy.

Quote:
I hate that my ex was pestering my friends on Facebook, and one of them let slip that I was single. I made up a fake boyfriend so's he would leave me alone. He used to message me several times a week till I told him I was seeing someone, then my friend was all like 'no, I have never heard of [insert name here].' Thanks, man.....thanks a lot. Now he's back to constantly pestering me!
Ironically my brother just broke up with his girlfriend for the umpteenth time, and now when I was going to send him a funny video on Facebook his account has been deactivated. Maybe you can try to block him, and if that doesn't work deactivate the account for a week or two. If not then just get Kane to make a gif and it'll all be better after you eat a sammich.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:08 PM   #119
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Wow, that place stays open pretty late.

One time when I was counting down the registers, and the metal gates were all down, I saw this guy approaching carrying a big bag with our store name on it. He got up to the gate and began shouting over top of the vacuum. I looked up from counting the money and the dude was like:

"Hey! I have a return!"
I said that we were closed.
He said "It's just a return, I don't want to have to come back tomorrow!"
I told him I didn't want him to come back tomorrow either, but I guess we were both out of luck.

I think it should be mandatory that people should have to work 6 months in a service based industry. Like retail, waitress, etc.
You're my hero. You've said what we all want to say.

On a totally different note, I just had my birthday dinner with friends of my Dad's. We were having desert and the conversation turned to politics (always a bad sign, as I'm much more liberal than the others). We started talking about the Middle East and my Dad's girlfriend (who is a hardcore Christian) mentioned that we should just let the Arabs wipe each other out and "make more room for us." "How very Christian," I thought.

And people wonder why I want to leave this county so much.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:02 PM   #120
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
You're my hero. You've said what we all want to say.

On a totally different note, I just had my birthday dinner with friends of my Dad's. We were having desert and the conversation turned to politics (always a bad sign, as I'm much more liberal than the others). We started talking about the Middle East and my Dad's girlfriend (who is a hardcore Christian) mentioned that we should just let the Arabs wipe each other out and "make more room for us." "How very Christian," I thought.

And people wonder why I want to leave this county so much.
I hate reality singing shows, lol sorry I didn't mean to quote ya.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 PM   #121
Hobgoblin
Veritas veritatum
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
I hate reality singing shows, lol sorry I didn't mean to quote ya.
That's fine. I hate those too.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:06 PM   #122
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Kinda reminds me of what happened to me during the summer, except it involved my two friends who broke up when the girl found out the guy cheated on her. She would constantly pester me about how she was suspicious of him and other girls just because they would post on his wall, and it wouldn't even be anything that hints that were doing anything together. The sad part is that she asked me to be there for him and mentor him, which I did, but all of her friends were talking bad and spreading rumors that she started to believe he moved on, when in reality, he would pester me everyday about how depressed he was without her, and whether or not I had spoken to her recently.

But yeah, like I told them to do, just block or delete him and tell them to do the same, unless he's good friends with them.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #123
Matt Mortem
SpookshowSpectacular

I hate it when a friend texts me to ask what I'm doing so I reply and then they never send anything to me after that. It's like they're just checking up on me. ****ing annoying.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:35 PM   #124
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
I hate it when a friend texts me to ask what I'm doing so I reply and then they never send anything to me after that. It's like they're just checking up on me. ****ing annoying.
This.

I especially hate when I'm in the middle of something and I reply, then I stay a little distracted because I'm expecting a reply that never comes.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #125
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Amen. My friends do this too, and don't realize how ****ing rude and inconsiderate it is.

I was 45 minutes late once because this woman literally took like an hour scouring the CDs. It's like, what could you possibly not have looked at by now?

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Closed Thread