Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #751
Master Chief
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Default Re: Dexter - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
It has to be. If she is willing to plant evidence against Doakes to free Dex from suspicion, then it would be nothing to frame Hannah.
Yup. I can't believe he still thought it was Hannah after she flat out told him she makes sure her dose is always lethal. When it showed that Deb was alive in the hospital during last week's preview I instantly knew Hannah had nothing to do with it. It's gonna be cool if Deb did dose herself and Dex finds out though.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:12 PM   #752
georgec
Not a hero

I have a bad feeling about Angel. Things seem to actually be going well for him. That's usually a cue that someone will face a tragedy.

But I doubt anything happens to him. It wouldn't make sense. Quinn on the other hand...

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:37 PM   #753
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

There's something I particularly don't like about Dexter's episodes, and is that there's not a single pivotal scene in each episode. Like, there's not a long scene that builds up towards to, you know what I mean? Everything happens in small, little scenes. Take for example the table in the last episode, that was pretty important for Dexter and the overall story, but it took them like 2 minutes of the episode.

I remember the scene with Isaak in the gay bar, that was some great scene, and it was pretty long -by Dexter's standards-. I can't really explain, that's the best I could come up with.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #754
Travesty
TEOL

I agree with some of you. I think Deb did it to herself.

Old 12-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #755
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

One thing that bugs me is that the promo for next week showed waaay to much so I wouldnt be suprised if it was just one long drawn out dream sequence.

Old 12-10-2012, 04:13 PM   #756
Christopher Nolan
Banned User

I dont think we will see Dexter getting arrested. That would put him in a position, in which only Debs could get him out and I cant see that happening with LaGuerta wtaching her...so it will be a dream sequence

What the current season shows us is how Dexter corrupted Debs in so many ways...i dont think he made it on purpose but Debs getting deeper and deeper without realizing what this could mean in the end..

the irony would be, if Debs gets jail time or gets killed and Dexter walks in the end of the show..

Old 12-10-2012, 05:41 PM   #757
Visceral
Side-Kick

This last episode made everybody an *******, except for hannah. Wow.

well done universe, you win.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:54 PM   #758
Cankle

I agree about not trusting the promos at all. I'm thinking Dex may even get arrested (something minor) on purpose. There would be more cops around him in both the house and station arrest scene. And there is only one short setence of dialog in the arrest scene as well. Maybe Dexter needs to spring Hanna and ask her for one last favor. Plus if Dexter is in jail and another BHB crime scene appears, he's safe. I'm thinking Dexter is in jail, sends Hanna to do/kill something. She walks into a trap. A BHB room, tranq injection from Deb, a short, well written conversation takes place, and Deb plunges a knife into Hanna. Or the season ends with Deb holding the knife over Hanna dressed very much like Dexter would be. It would be a full circle ending. "If" Deb took the pills, I think she would kill Hanna to free Dex once and for all from BHB suspition. But there is a lot going on in that promo. Whatever happens, I'd bet the arrest scene takes place about 25 minutes in to "Surprise Motherfocker" and however it ends, that will blow the promo away.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:58 PM   #759
Visceral
Side-Kick

The best way for the season to end is with Dex on the run, and deb being forced to chase him down.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #760
Golgo-13
Cadburys Creme Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
qft

Old 12-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #761
ironmaidenrules
Side-Kick

perhaps dexter gets arrested as an accessory but its just so hannah can display the power she has over dexter in this position

Old 12-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #762
kguillou
Side-Kick

Just give me some Doakes in the finale and I'm happy, i don't care about anything else.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:22 PM   #763
xisaacx
trademarks us miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cankle View Post
I agree about not trusting the promos at all. I'm thinking Dex may even get arrested (something minor) on purpose. There would be more cops around him in both the house and station arrest scene. And there is only one short setence of dialog in the arrest scene as well. Maybe Dexter needs to spring Hanna and ask her for one last favor. Plus if Dexter is in jail and another BHB crime scene appears, he's safe. I'm thinking Dexter is in jail, sends Hanna to do/kill something. She walks into a trap. A BHB room, tranq injection from Deb, a short, well written conversation takes place, and Deb plunges a knife into Hanna. Or the season ends with Deb holding the knife over Hanna dressed very much like Dexter would be. It would be a full circle ending. "If" Deb took the pills, I think she would kill Hanna to free Dex once and for all from BHB suspition. But there is a lot going on in that promo. Whatever happens, I'd bet the arrest scene takes place about 25 minutes in to "Surprise Motherfocker" and however it ends, that will blow the promo away.

So far nothing will ever be as shocking as the ending to the trinity season. They really dropped the ball with this season.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:01 PM   #764
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xisaacx View Post
So far nothing will ever be as shocking as the ending to the trinity season. They really dropped the ball with this season.
Tho I had it spoiled for me I will admit that its really the only truly edge writing decision the show has made since the first two seasons. Don't get me wrong the show has never been bad, only it has fallen into formula. Deb finding out about Dexter was long over due and expected. We'll see what sunday brings.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #765
Cankle

Deb and Dexter have come a long way together when it comes to doing anything illegal. They've become a good team. Now it's just "did ya get it done?" "ya". But, put aside anything Deb has had to do to protect Dexter...those 2 have caught bad guys together pretty well this season. Deb is almost being seduced by realizing how much easier it is when you go outside of the law. I thought they were building Deb up to maybe just crack and not interfere in a confrontation between LeGuerta and Dexter. But those 2 are loyal to the end. Her and Dex screwed Doakes over pretty quick. Poor Doakes. Dead and loathed as a killer, and people are still framing him.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #766
Cory
Reek

I legitimately felt horrible for Doakes and his family... His funeral only had his mom, sisters, and Dex.

Sketchy ass Dex.

Old 12-11-2012, 02:20 AM   #767
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I thought this was a pretty disappointing episode, suffering from a lack of direction and urgency, especially for a penultimate episode.

The most promising story strand leading into the finale is LaGuerta. I like how the writers have taken a long-game approach at building her up into this season's surprise "final boss", using Isaak and Hannah to distract us from her growing threat. But still, much of the tension was deflated by how STUPID Dexter was this episode. "Oh, the police lieutenant is onto me, and has latched onto a possible connection with the drug dealers who killed my mother... Obviously the most sensible thing to do is kill another one of them immediately, Bay Harbour Butcher style. And make sure to perfectly recreate the MO of my mother's murder since Matthews mentioned that." Even if Dexter wasn't bright enough to figure out this suspiciously well-timed release was a trap sprung by LaGuerta, you think he might at least figure out LaGuerta might be keeping an eye on the guy given her suspicions. If he'd even waited a couple of weeks, or if he absolutely had to kill him right away, engineered it to look like natural causes (which he's done when having to hide his tracks in the past), then his plot to set up Doakes and end LaGuerta's search might actually have worked.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 AM   #768
Blackman
C'mon Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
I legitimately felt horrible for Doakes and his family... His funeral only had his mom, sisters, and Dex.

Sketchy ass Dex.
lmao

But yeah that was a really sad scene

Old 12-11-2012, 03:16 AM   #769
TheBat812
Side-Kick

damn. Deb. Damn.

Evil really does spread the way Dexter surmised. Slowly spreading throughout. Really bummed that he turned Hannah in. But this has always been his conundrum. His 'goodness' really tends to show up just in time to bite him in the ass. Not that he doesn't deserve it. Really looking forward to next week's episode.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:31 AM   #770
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

Maybe Deb Kills somone BHB style, when Dex gets arrested to give Dexter an Alibi?

Old 12-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #771
kguillou
Side-Kick

You know, guys, this might b a long shot but...what if it was Hannah's camp friend? They had to have introduced her for a reason and she looked very unstable. "I cant go to jail, Hannah". Maybe she tried to frame her? I really dont think it was Hannah and i dont think Deb wouldve gone THAT far just to lock Hannah up.

Old 12-11-2012, 04:49 PM   #772
Sun_Down
Groovy

Damn this show. It's not been the same since season 4 or so, but I'm pot committed at this point, LOL. But all the Dokes talk is reminding me of how great this show once was. That storyline, the Trinity storyline, etc. That was excellent TV.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #773
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostvirus View Post
Maybe Deb Kills somone BHB style, when Dex gets arrested to give Dexter an Alibi?
I have thought about it ,but that would be a huge sudden shift in Deb's character that takes place in just one episode, I feel if this was to be done it should he been built up perhaps over 1 or 2 seasons.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 PM   #774
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Dexter 7x12 Sneak Peek
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dexter 7x12 Sneak Peek
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Judging from those two promo's Im more convinced now that they are going to be setting season 8 to be Dexter vs Deb. the convsersation Dex has with harry in the first promo makes me think that Dex will feel he has no choice but to kill LaGuerta,thinking that he has done right in his own mind to protect his identity he tells Deb what he has done,however Deb doesnt agree with this and issues a warrant out for his arrest

Old 12-11-2012, 05:34 PM   #775
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Down View Post
Damn this show. It's not been the same since season 4 or so, but I'm pot committed at this point, LOL. But all the Dokes talk is reminding me of how great this show once was. That storyline, the Trinity storyline, etc. That was excellent TV.
I do think this season is pretty damn awesome!

The most disappointing for me was the 5th followed by the 3rd. The first half of the 6th season was brilliant!

Bring on the Finale!

Closed Thread