Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 04:19 AM   #76
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: Dexter - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post

yea the finale title is hilarious... i mentioned this theory before... just in case...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
LaGuerta is on to Dex, tracks him to his next kill... Deb knows she is going after him... Laguerta walks in on the 'kill room' (very Book 1-ish) and is about to arrest Dex... Deb comes in and either kills Laguerta (very book 1 like with ITK doing it), or we get a cliffhanger with us not knowing what Deb decides.
That seems great and gives great opportunities for the last season.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:40 AM   #77
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I'd like it storywise buy I'm not sure if I like it for Deb's character. If that makes sense.
but that IS debs character. Doing what she thinks is right AKA the Jordan chase stuff where she let dex/lumen go. she has already accepted some people deserve to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Well of course but it would have to be a situation where if Deb didn't do it LaGuerta would expose Dexter. So its either she crosses the line or lose her brother.
Deb is going to kill LaGuerta. mark my words. OR Quinn will to save deb. I am not giving up on Quinns story just yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOmega View Post
Moloch. Because why the **** not?
Because Moloch is so incredibly ****ing stupid it is not worth ever mentioning.

Old 10-19-2012, 04:57 AM   #78
TheOnlyOmega
Banned User

Quote:
Because Moloch is so incredibly ****ing stupid it is not worth ever mentioning.
It is so ridiculously stupid that it may very well work.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:01 AM   #79
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyOmega View Post
It is so ridiculously stupid that it may very well work.
randomly bringing in a super natural demon type spirit, possessing Dexter ... might work?

Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 AM   #80
TheOnlyOmega
Banned User

I mean maybe not that part, but some sort of weird psycho cult could possibly work. I think maybe the weird bald buff guy may be foreshadowing.

Old 10-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #81
Cory
Reek

a BHB cult would be awesome, some people already say hes helping ...(atleast in season 2 they did) could be a cool concept.. but no possession or spiritual forces.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:07 PM   #82
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
a BHB cult would be awesome, some people already say hes helping ...(atleast in season 2 they did) could be a cool concept.. but no possession or spiritual forces.
I agree with this. I realize that they will need to keep coming up with great stories to keep the series going, but this just sounds like a great way to kill a show super fast.

Proud Co-founder of Gambit’s Royal Flush
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM   #83
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Deb is going to kill LaGuerta. mark my words. OR Quinn will to save deb. I am not giving up on Quinns story just yet.
good theory

i too think Quinn will play a larger role as the season continues. i'm sure he still suspects Dexter as a serial killer, but remember Quinn does owe Dexter seeing as how he saved his ass from going to jail for Liddy's murder.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:48 PM   #84
TLH
Hypnotized

How I want Dexter to end. I would love opinions on this:

Here are the broadstrokes.

Dexter is captured by Miami Metro Homicide. In the final two or three episodes, there is a trial. However, Dexter gets off on a technicality and walks free, which serves as the ultimate irony because he has now become the very thing he hunts, and his freedom forces his former colleagues to question the system they work for, and even more ironically, value/appreciate Dexter's code/killing ways.

I think it's the perfect ending in my opinion. It's dramatically compelling with ironic twists, it leaves Dexter alive and free, but in a strange way. He's isolated, but appreciated, and becomes a free killer, like his prey.

Thoughts?

Old 10-20-2012, 06:51 PM   #85
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH View Post
How I want Dexter will end. I would love opinions on this:

Dexter is captured by Miami Metro Homicide. Over the course of a few episodes, there is a trial. However, Dexter gets off on a technicality and walks free, which serves as the ultimate irony because he has now become the very thing he hunts, and his freedom forces his former colleagues to question the system they work for, and even more ironically, value/appreciate Dexter's code/killing ways.

I think it's the perfect ending in my opinion. Ironic, Dexter free, but in a strange way. Isolated, but appreciated. Becoming a free killer, like his prey.

Thoughts?
wow thats actually pretty good.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:19 PM   #86
Maximus One
Oddball

Yea dude! That is actually pretty god damned good! I would not mind that at all. It would ****ing crazy for sure

Old 10-20-2012, 09:14 PM   #87
Cory
Reek

Quote:

Dexter is captured by Miami Metro Homicide. In the final two or three episodes, there is a trial. However, Dexter gets off on a technicality and walks free, which serves as the ultimate irony because he has now become the very thing he hunts, and his freedom forces his former colleagues to question the system they work for, and even more ironically, value/appreciate Dexter's code/killing ways.

I think it's the perfect ending in my opinion. It's dramatically compelling with ironic twists, it leaves Dexter alive and free, but in a strange way. He's isolated, but appreciated, and becomes a free killer, like his prey.

Thoughts?
I like this... but i dont like his colleaues valuing or appreciating Dexters ways...it works with Deb because its his sister... but Batistia, LaGuerta, the originals were friends of Doakes too... and look how they think of him now.

i

Old 10-20-2012, 09:25 PM   #88
Maximus One
Oddball

True. I would honestly see some of them actually being quite sad about it, mainly Batista. Quinn is the only one I think who would actually kinda appreciate it

Old 10-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #89
TLH
Hypnotized

Quote:
I like this... but i dont like his colleaues valuing or appreciating Dexters ways...it works with Deb because its his sister... but Batistia, LaGuerta, the originals were friends of Doakes too... and look how they think of him now.

i
Fair enough. But I guess the main point is Dexter getting off on a technicality and ironically becoming what he hunts + it provides a huge commentary on the legal system etc.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:41 PM   #90
Maximus One
Oddball

I agree. It would be the absolute PERFECT end for this show. Bravo sir, can't believe I never thought about it myself.

Old 10-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #91
Visceral
Side-Kick

many of the people that dexter killed were never capture and released on technicallity...i'm pretty sure trinity was never caught

“I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.”
Old 10-20-2012, 09:49 PM   #92
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Fair enough. But I guess the main point is Dexter getting off on a technicality and ironically becoming what he hunts + it provides a huge commentary on the legal system etc.
dont get me wrong, i love the idea.

i always thought it would end with a trial. never could piece together an ending for it that, i don't want to be Law & Order, ya know.

I had an idea a couple years ago for it to end with us wondering if Dex died, got caught, or escaped... and then a final scene of Dexter as an older man, hell i dont know, telling scary stories to his grand kids about these bad people the 'Dark Defender' brought justice too.

Now, being a couple years later... i think that is kind of lame

Old 10-20-2012, 09:52 PM   #93
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
many of the people that dexter killed were never capture and released on technicallity...i'm pretty sure trinity was never caught
he was never caught, no, but they found out who he was. while you are right, not everyone was caught and released... but that is a type of person Dexter hunts, quite a lot actually... he has a collection of police files in his desk of people he believes got off the hook, etc.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #94
CrypticOne
Beautiful Chaos

Quote:

Thoughts?
Judging from the name of the upcoming episodes, I think you could be right about this.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #95
TLH
Hypnotized

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrypticOne View Post
Judging from the name of the upcoming episodes, I think you could be right about this.
Hard to say since we still have Season 8 left, which is what I'm trying to create my own ending for.

Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #96
Cory
Reek

Quote:
Hard to say since we still have Season 8 left, which is what I'm trying to create my own ending for.
and here I thought that was what you proposed earlier

Old 10-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #97
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:

Thoughts?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #98
Cory
Reek

what an awesome ****ing episode.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:00 PM   #99
Cory
Reek

i wonder if
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the dude in the pic with Isaak (cant think of his name), is Isaaks son, lover, or just a close friend. Also, judging from next weeks previews, it looks like Isaak may have his own set of kill tools.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #100
Maximus One
Oddball

****!!!!!!!!!! Hahaha holy hell that was ****ing awesome

Closed Thread