The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 06:22 PM   #226
MessenjahMatt

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visiting Arkham View Post
After seeing a rip of the film, the sound mix in the opening plane sequence remains embarrassingly bad.

It goes from Aidan Gillen sounding normal with the wind rushing into the plane to shouting "OR PERHAPS HE'S WONDERING..." right in your ear. Seriously, watching this with headphones it was like Tom Hardy had a bullhorn and was screaming his lines directly into my ears. I honestly do not understand how anyone okayed that mix after actually hearing it in a theater. What's especially jarring is how they kept "Crashing this plane" from the original mix, and it's obvious because it is the ONLY thing that sounds normal given the scene. Yikes.
It's mind boggling. I don't understand how everyone doesn't hate this, it has completely ruined the opening of the film for me.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:43 PM   #227
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

I've seen you guys mentioning an Ultimate Collectors Edition dropping next year.
Is there any info at all what extra content it will have?

On one hand I'm always hungry for new extra material, and on the other hand it's kind of a dick move to be holding back extra material from the current releases to be able to cash in on us again next year :>

Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #228
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt View Post
It's mind boggling. I don't understand how everyone doesn't hate this, it has completely ruined the opening of the film for me.
Well, get ready because it seems the mix of Bane's voice in the opening is exactly the same all the way through the film now, on the blu ray rip.

Frankly, I just kind of love it. It's this booming demonic voice from hell and I just kind of marvel at how ridiculously awesome and over the top it is....

Old 11-15-2012, 06:45 PM   #229
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Absolutely gorgeous transfer indeed. TDK really needs a new transfer up to this standard.
Yes it does and so does Begins. I'm just glad WB didn't drop the ball for TDKR. They learned from their mistakes with the TDK transfer, which is nice to see.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:46 PM   #230
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrotus View Post
I've seen you guys mentioning an Ultimate Collectors Edition dropping next year.
Is there any info at all what extra content it will have?

On one hand I'm always hungry for new extra material, and on the other hand it's kind of a dick move to be holding back extra material from the current releases to be able to cash in on us again next year :>
Nobody knows anything for sure. It's suppose to have, at minimum, another hour's worth of extra material.

We don't know what the packaging looks like. We have no idea what kind of swag is going to be in it. We just know it's landing next year.

I'm still debating on whether I'm going to hold out for it or just get the trilogy box set that's about to be released.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #231
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I just think that CIA guy in the prologue was just awful at acting...

The whole scene was a mixed bag.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 PM   #232
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
Yes it does and so does Begins. I'm just glad WB didn't drop the ball for TDKR. They learned from their mistakes with the TDK transfer, which is nice to see.
I was thinking it was going to be an anniversary date of one of the films when we got the new transfer for Knight. But, with 4K looming, it might be then.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:48 PM   #233
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

Hey, leave Little Finger alone...

Old 11-15-2012, 06:55 PM   #234
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
And, I've been waiting to say this since I saw the film the second time I saw it but, Bane (Hardy)> Joker (Ledger).

Heath's Joker will forever be my interpretation of the Joker but Hardy just kills it. It's a next level performance.

I don't know if it's because of the physical nature and image that Hardy portrays in the film but that cat is frightening. Maybe it's because he takes the stakes to a level that feels totally real and plausible and he never waivers with how he performs it. It's scary. He scares me.
I don't know if he's better, but he is certainly underrated. Great performance, great character. I'd put him on the same level as the Heath Joker.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:08 PM   #235
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
Nobody knows anything for sure. It's suppose to have, at minimum, another hour's worth of extra material.

We don't know what the packaging looks like. We have no idea what kind of swag is going to be in it. We just know it's landing next year.

I'm still debating on whether I'm going to hold out for it or just get the trilogy box set that's about to be released.
For them to even be considering an ultimate collector's edition you have to figure they have something to get fans to purchase the movies again. My guess is commentary from Nolan. Which would be great to hear now that the movies are released and he can speak freely without the burden of not trying to spoil anything.

That said, I'm guessing they'll keep quiet on it to get everyone to buy the current versions coming out for christmas.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:09 PM   #236
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
For them to even be considering an ultimate collector's edition you have to figure they have something to get fans to purchase the movies again. My guess is commentary from Nolan. Which would be great to hear now that the movies are released and he can speak freely without the burden of not trying to spoil anything.

That said, I'm guessing they'll keep quiet on it to get everyone to buy the current versions coming out for christmas.
Yeah, I don't see them giving any details on this set until maybe April. I say that because I get the feeling that this set will be released around the time Man of Steel hits theatres, as cross promotion.

Either way, it'll be a while before we get details.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #237
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The prologue thing was unfortunate. WB obviously pushed Nolan on this issue due to the initial complaints.

The new line deliveries have grown on me, but I wish the sound of his voice was consistent with the rest of the film rather than boosted to hell and overly clear to accommodate certain people.

I still love that prologue though, including CIA Douche.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 PM   #238
hammerhedd11
OHaiMark

Quote:
Well, get ready because it seems the mix of Bane's voice in the opening is exactly the same all the way through the film now, on the blu ray rip.

Frankly, I just kind of love it. It's this booming demonic voice from hell and I just kind of marvel at how ridiculously awesome and over the top it is....
Yeah, I thought it was pretty obvious that the mask projected it somehow, and that it's all consuming nature was the point. I liked it personally. It made him sound so inhuman.

And I saw the original prologue, so I think the only real problem with that scene was IMAX itself and the mix of that particular scene, what with it blending with the plane sounds. Because the rest of the scenes obviously were much closer to his original voice. I don't think they needed to redub the prologue, just clear it out of the background noise.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by hammerhedd11; 11-15-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:05 PM   #239
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Just finished watching the film again with a group of friends 2 of which haven't seen it yet. They both loved it.

I also enjoyed it even more. I feel all the way until the stadium scene the film is pretty much well... perfect in my eyes. Then I think it becomes too big. Far bigger than anything else in the trilogy and creates a jarring effect. However, the execution of the stadium scene is flawless imo. I think it is after that the film becomes too overstuffed. The scale is too big for what is actually quite a concise story.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #240
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

That redub opening for Bane is bothersome but i've gotten used to it, I think. Like J.Howlett said, it gives you that demonic feeling.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #241
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Also rewatching Bruce/Alfred meet again at the end made me think of a mentos commercial. lol I'm sure someone has already photoshoped it.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:06 PM   #242
MessenjahMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
That redub opening for Bane is bothersome but i've gotten used to it, I think. Like J.Howlett said, it gives you that demonic feeling.
I wish I could feel that way. All I can picture is Tom Hardy in a voice-over booth, trying to remember how he sounded when filming the scene, and inadvertently doing an impression of himself, whilst given the instructions to over-enunciate every single word to make sure it's crystal clear to the idiots making "mumble mumble" jokes.

Off to After Effects to see if I can edit the prologue voice in without it sounding like crap given the sources.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:08 PM   #243
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

So, I watched the rip, and I noticed for the first time there's tears streaming down on the right side of Bane's face during Talia's speech.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-15-2012, 10:09 PM   #244
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I didn't watch the prologue that was shown in IMAX showings of Mission Impossible 4 but was the sound any different than the final cut?

Old 11-15-2012, 10:45 PM   #245
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
I didn't watch the prologue that was shown in IMAX showings of Mission Impossible 4 but was the sound any different than the final cut?
The audio from the MI:4 showing was pretty much the same voice style (and of course it doesn't sound overbearing) as what you hear from the rest of the movie.

There's a video out there (I think on Vimeo) where they break it down and compared the two voices. The only thing the kept in the actual movie was the "Crashing this plane" line.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:49 PM   #246
JackWhite
Third Man

I know it was wishful thinking, but I really hoped they put the original prologue dub back in. I loved how mechanical Bane sounded when he said "It would be extremely painful." Another thing I hate is how they cut off "....about us" during his line about Dr. Pavel.

Oh well, love the voice throughout the rest of the film.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #247
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Oh, for those who have VLC player, if you adjust the video effects just enough (Brightness, contrast, saturation) you can get a much vibrate video and makes the IMAX shots look even better (at least for me, that is).

Old 11-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #248
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
So, I watched the rip, and I noticed for the first time there's tears streaming down on the right side of Bane's face during Talia's speech.
You missed that in the theater? How?

Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #249
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post

A sign of things to come.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #250
shauner111
Side-Kick

Can i ask you a question Fudgie. Im really not trying to pick a fight or anything like that man. At all. I'm not asking this to be rude, i'm just really curious. I believe you have told everyone many times that you can't stand this movie (correct me if im wrong). That you will never buy the film, and you insult it every chance you get...so if you can answer, why do you post on a thread like this? Or in a sub-forum like this one? And just post things that put the film down?

I'm really curious about this. Again im not trying to be an ass.

Closed Thread