The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #251
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I just think that CIA guy in the prologue was just awful at acting...

The whole scene was a mixed bag.
I've always thought the CIA man was purposefully pompous and grating. When Bane kills him there's a sense of satisfaction, just like later on when he kills Daggett (who was definitely supposed to be annoying).

Old 11-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #252
Fudgie
Banned User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Batman fan discussing a Batman movie. I talk about the good and the bad as long as it's Batman. Batman fans talk about the Schumacher flicks. Same deal here.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:36 PM   #253
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Regarding the prologue, is anyone else bothered at times on how fake it looked at times when a person got shot in a plane? Like, all you would hear is a sound effect and a guy just acting as if he got shot.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:43 PM   #254
TheGuy
Side-Kick

^Not really. Fake fighting were even more obvious during the last Bane and Batman fight.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:46 PM   #255
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

It's no more fake than when Joker shoots the bank manager in TDK. These films have to tone down that kind of stuff to stay PG-13. Though it's pretty hardcore when that merc shoots that one guy at the stock exchange right in the chest. That stock exchange scene is very unsettling.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 11-16-2012, 01:02 AM   #256
rickfox
Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Can i ask you a question Fudgie. Im really not trying to pick a fight or anything like that man. At all. I'm not asking this to be rude, i'm just really curious. I believe you have told everyone many times that you can't stand this movie (correct me if im wrong). That you will never buy the film, and you insult it every chance you get...so if you can answer, why do you post on a thread like this? Or in a sub-forum like this one? And just post things that put the film down?

I'm really curious about this. Again im not trying to be an ass.
trying to figure out some ID(three of them so far)and their "games"

come up with conjectures rather than facts--- great help to thread discussion for sure

and if people try to present some facts to counterview those conjectures during discussions, then some of them just need to throw that big word "frustration" and ditch

Old 11-16-2012, 01:03 AM   #257
georgec
Not a hero

Feels like July in here.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:41 AM   #258
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Feels like July in here.
It's all very exciting. Watching the movie in the comfort of our own homes is going to be excellent. Picking apart all the little details in high resolution. The quality of the transfer looks great.

For the most part I like the prologue of Rises. Itís popcorn movie fun with a harder edge.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-16-2012, 02:56 AM   #259
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Watching the film on the *ahem* rip (sorry couldn't resist waiting till the ultimate edition ) but one thing that really stood out to me was when Alfred and Bruce were in the Batcave (Beardie Bruce) and Alfred says something along the lines of "I wanted you to come back to the world"... now I've seen the film 5/6 times and I swear it has always been "I wanted you to come back to the REAL world". Even when Alfred says it, it sounded of to me.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:06 AM   #260
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Damn it, all the downloads for the film I can get are barely possible to download

Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 AM   #261
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapedCrusader14 View Post
Damn it, all the downloads for the film I can get are barely possible to download
Mine took 13 hours

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:47 AM   #262
bane
TEH PUFFY

Mine took 3 mins....

Old man look at my life,
I'm alot like you were.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:18 AM   #263
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by comics View Post
^Not really. Fake fighting were even more obvious during the last Bane and Batman fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
It's no more fake than when Joker shoots the bank manager in TDK. These films have to tone down that kind of stuff to stay PG-13. Though it's pretty hardcore when that merc shoots that one guy at the stock exchange right in the chest. That stock exchange scene is very unsettling.
Idk why at times; I mean I've seen quite a few films that have gotten away with much more hardcore stuff with a PG-13 rating; I mean there are plenty of films where they show someone having bullet holes being shot into them that have maintained their PG-13 scene and if TDK could get away with something like Harvey Dent's Two Face design then Nolan shouldn't have any problem with having people bleed or look like they were actually shot.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:21 AM   #264
Tequilla
Side-Kick

What a fantastic movie. Time just flew by. It definitely cements as the best of the trilogy. A ballsy movie , with an immense execution. I cant help to like this movie more and more everytime i see it.

Last edited by Tequilla; 12-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:55 AM   #265
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Ok I found one good link that downloaded like half the film in 720p in 30 minutes.

Then the download stopped

Oh well, half the film looks beautiful. And Talia totally enters the Stock Exchange.

Old 11-16-2012, 05:16 AM   #266
Vengeance of Bane
Side-Kick

Has the special features been "made available" online?

Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 AM   #267
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt View Post
I wish I could feel that way. All I can picture is Tom Hardy in a voice-over booth, trying to remember how he sounded when filming the scene, and inadvertently doing an impression of himself, whilst given the instructions to over-enunciate every single word to make sure it's crystal clear to the idiots making "mumble mumble" jokes.

Off to After Effects to see if I can edit the prologue voice in without it sounding like crap given the sources.
I sometimes think that there might have been a 'Blade Runner ending monologue' type thing going on. Because the take is so far away from the rest of the film, and the original take.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fudgie View Post
Batman fan discussing a Batman movie. I talk about the good and the bad as long as it's Batman. Batman fans talk about the Schumacher flicks. Same deal here.
Mmm, and making constant derogatory remarks is great discussion...

Last edited by Uroboric Forms; 11-16-2012 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:10 AM   #268
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

It is very difficult deciding on wether to just watch this or keep the anticipation until the 4th, driving me nutso!

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #269
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Dont know about you guys but I like 720p at 1280x720... unfortunately the one I got, the last 10 minutes of the film freeze. Guess I'll wait for the same version again. Not a fan of those smaller ones like 720x400 or 652x453, something like that

Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 AM   #270
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Mmm, and making constant derogatory remarks is great discussion...
Discussion happens all the time based on the criticisms. Sorry if ya missed that. Your loss. Ya want the links to some of 'em? They're plentiful. A lot of flaws to discuss.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #271
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Well yeah, of course it does. In the first half of my post I was joining in on the discussion of Bane's voice mix, and I have criticisms of it. Not just whining about how 'bad' this film is.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM   #272
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bane View Post
Mine took 3 mins....
Same. lol
Dat fast connection.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #273
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Just saw this film. Absolutely brilliant. I just wanted some scenes to last a bit longer but that's more of a wish. The only thing that I didn't really like is Talia's death - I actually thought she had passed out or something lol.

There are other wishes too like I wanted more of Miranda and Bruce relationship - that rain scene was mmmmmm! Wanted the final fight to last longer. But again, these are just wishes not gripes to me.

Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 11-16-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #274
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
You missed that in the theater? How?
I was too focus on what Talia was doing to Bane's mask. Thus my eyes were glued to that area.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-16-2012, 10:21 AM   #275
kvz5
HBIC

Just watched it again last night. I still have issues with some things (so I just fast forward through those lol) but I really, really love a lot of things too. What I like the most about watching it again now is seeing the nuances of the performances. Just little bits here and there that you get to appreciate more. A little smirk, a sigh, a slight tilt of the head, those kinds of things. I'm a sucker for those stuff. The Bruce/Alfred confrontation at the manor is one brilliant piece of acting. Caine and Bale killed it. It gets better every time I watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Also rewatching Bruce/Alfred meet again at the end made me think of a mentos commercial. lol I'm sure someone has already photoshoped it.
Someone mentioned a Mastercard commercial.

Last edited by kvz5; 11-16-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread