The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #401
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

That is ridiculous. When the HQ rips for TA and TASM came out, we got to post gifs on the earliest official release date, why not here? Pretty lousy if you ask me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
Maybe that's what he meant? The earliest official release date for TDKR is November 28th. It just doesn't come out in the US until December 4th.
I mentioned to Mirko about the 28th being the official release date for Australia but he wants to wait for the official US release date.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 11-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #402
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Hope this is ok to put here. Bluray.com review. I love this site.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da.../21212/#Review

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
5. The Raid 2
Old 11-20-2012, 10:07 AM   #403
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
Hope this is ok to put here. Bluray.com review. I love this site.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da.../21212/#Review
Finally, I was waiting for their review.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Da...2/#Screenshots

That also means official screenshots!

Last edited by Kane52630; 11-20-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 11-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #404
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

http://bench.addisoninteractive.com/tdkr/

Share the countdown to unlock an exclusive reward from an upcoming film Man of Steel.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-20-2012, 02:20 PM   #405
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Okay, I need some help here.

I tried pre-ordering The Batcowl Edition last night at Bestbuy, in store. They apparently could not do that, and when I brought up the steel book, got confused looks. I thought about pre-ordering the regular version, but the guy there advised against it. So, today I called Bestbuy customer service...and nada. They know nothing about any steel books or anything at all.

It looks like I can pre-order the Batcowl Edition online, but it won't ship to store and mentions nothing about a steel book either.

So, what can I do? Nobody working for Bestbuy appears to know anything. It'd be better for me to get it at Bestbuy if there is going to be a steel book, so that I don't have to keep taking discs in and out of the display case. Anyone have any advice?

Old 11-20-2012, 02:41 PM   #406
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
Okay, I need some help here.

I tried pre-ordering The Batcowl Edition last night at Bestbuy, in store. They apparently could not do that, and when I brought up the steel book, got confused looks. I thought about pre-ordering the regular version, but the guy there advised against it. So, today I called Bestbuy customer service...and nada. They know nothing about any steel books or anything at all.

It looks like I can pre-order the Batcowl Edition online, but it won't ship to store and mentions nothing about a steel book either.

So, what can I do? Nobody working for Bestbuy appears to know anything. It'd be better for me to get it at Bestbuy if there is going to be a steel book, so that I don't have to keep taking discs in and out of the display case. Anyone have any advice?
That happened to me before. Don't trust em, they're idiots. Amazon...

Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #407
kguillou
Side-Kick

Amazon, brother. Pre-order it and you'll have it the day it comes out delivered to you.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #408
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Selina Kyle, like McKayla Maroney, is not impressed.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 PM   #409
ChrisB
Batman News

It might have already been said, but those cheap looking menus are no where to be found on the movie Blu-ray disc or the special features disc. They must just be for the iTunes Extras digital file.

Old 11-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #410
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
It might have already been said, but those cheap looking menus are no where to be found on the movie Blu-ray disc or the special features disc. They must just be for the iTunes Extras digital file.
Chris, did you get your bluray copy early? If so, what are your thoughts?

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #411
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Amazon is sold out of the Batcowl Edition.

So....hmm.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #412
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_316ca View Post
Chris, did you get your bluray copy early? If so, what are your thoughts?
Yeah WB just got it to me today. I watched some of the special features and I love them so far! I was disappointed with TDK's features, but it looks like they have one here for every cool moment. I watched the making of the prologue, the Batman vs Bane fight, the new Batcave, and the Heinz Field explosion. Still lots more to explore! I'm watching the movie tomorrow night. My full review will be on Batman-News.com late this week, or early next week.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 PM   #413
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

If the extras on the DVD trilogy set are as worthless as they appear to be, this may urge me to finally upgrade to blu-ray.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #414
ChrisB
Batman News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
If the extras on the DVD trilogy set are as worthless as they appear to be, this may urge me to finally upgrade to blu-ray.
Do it. If you have an HDTV there's no reason not to. This is the best looking Blu-ray I've ever seen. The IMAX scenes are stunning!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 PM   #415
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kguillou View Post
Amazon, brother. Pre-order it and you'll have it the day it comes out delivered to you.
I ordered mine about a month ago from Amazon and it won't ship until the 10th.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:58 PM   #416
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Ive watched the Blu-ray twice in the past two days and I have to say this film was amazing, all my doubts I had after my third theater viewing are gone. For me this film was the perfect ending to the trilogy.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #417
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Ive watched the Blu-ray twice in the past two days and I have to say this film was amazing, all my doubts I had after my third theater viewing are gone. For me this film was the perfect ending to the trilogy.
That's good to hear, dude.

How does Miranda/Talia's role feel to you after the last two viewings? I think that's the only thing that bugs me, is that Talia didn't have much to do after she was revealed.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:20 PM   #418
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Im always going to feel that the Talia stuff was kind of shoehorned into the film, and I will never think her death scene was done well. But overall, I don't allow it to ruin the rest of the film for me.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 11-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #419
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Im always going to feel that the Talia stuff was kind of shoehorned into the film, and I will never think her death scene was done well. But overall, I don't allow it to ruin the rest of the film for me.
Fair enough. The 4th can't come soon enough!

Old 11-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #420
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man In Black View Post
Had the Blu through today.
*image snip*
Can you tell how many chapters the DVD/Blu-ray has in the film itself? I know WB has done a lot of cost-cutting measures in the past few years -- including minimizing the number of scene selections in their recent film catalog releases. I know WB waived the 10-15 chapter treatment for their last two HP films (which got the usual amount of chapters as the previous six movies did). Did they do that for TDKR as well?

The number of chapters won't prevent me from getting the movie, but it's just something I want to know.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 11-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #421
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkkn....php?v=collage

The link is advertising The Dark Knights Rises' Blu Ray launch on 4 th Dec.

Share the link on facebook / Twitter to unlock something (like a new Poster, promo pics, another teaser ) of the Man Of Steel movie.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #422
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
http://apps.warnerbros.com/thedarkkn....php?v=collage

The link is advertising The Dark Knights Rises' Blu Ray launch on 4 th Dec.

Share the link on facebook / Twitter to unlock something (like a new Poster, promo pics, another teaser ) of the Man Of Steel movie.
Seconded, do it guys!

Old 11-21-2012, 04:11 AM   #423
batfreakforever
A real fan

We get it in Australia on the 28th. One store here has the bluray+bluray special features disc and a dvd comes with a bane and batman figurines together but another store has the same discs but just comes with a catwoman figurine. What do I get? I still should be able to get the broken cowl here ib Australia. Plus we have afew steelbox editions. Too many to choose.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:20 AM   #424
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

Well, I had to pre-order the Batcowl Edition through Bestbuy.com. No idea if a steelbook or even the extra dvd will come with it, because there wasn't even a mention of it in the order or details on the product page. But, it's sold out everywhere else I checked, so kinda seemed like I had no choice.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #425
Art Damage
Turtle Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/7394...ses_combo.html

High-Def Digest Review. 4/5 Stars. Ignore the movie review.

Posted it in the wrong thread before.
I'd say that's a pretty appropriate review for the film. After having let it digestin my system a couple months after having seen the film four times in theaters, it's a fine movie but after The Dark Knight the movie doesn't hold up as highly as the first two did in my opinion. Whenever you see a movie for the first time and have to try and think/talk yourself into why you didn't ultimately feel let down is a horrible experience...and I kind of had that happen to me the first two times I watched it. By the fourth time, I was more alright with it...but after time has settled, I kind of still feel up in the air about it.

Regardless, I'm excited about getting the release because I want to see how watching it at home has an effect on me. That already happened to me this week as rewatching Prometheus again at home took away a lot of the enjoyment of the film and I have a less than stellar opinion of it now.

I don't have any of the other movies from the trilogy on blu ray, I was never much of a blu ray collector until earlier this year and I was just waiting for the box set...ultimately, I'll end up waiting to get the other movies on blu ray when they release the ultimate edition next year. My OCD is telling me to get the regular DVD version just so it can match the rest of my other Batman movies I have on DVD...but I'll probably end up getting the blu ray at midnight.

24 years of loving everything Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle.
Closed Thread