The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 PM   #501
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

definitely make sure he sees bb and tdk. a friend of mine only saw tdk before seeing tdkr. she didnt like tdkr much at first, and my disappointed and disapproving reaction to her not seeing bb made her watch it and then rises agaib. Now she holds all 3 in high regard.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM   #502
batfreakforever
A real fan

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

He has seen tdk on tv but didnt see what the big deal was with ledgers joker, he loves jacks joker. When bb first came to dvd i showed him it but he hates origin films and fell asleep because he had a big work day. I have a challenge ahead of me. Could you help with a question, how come women think its wierd that im into batman but its perfectly fine for them to love twilight? They say oh its a love story and batman is for kids. Wtf! Cant win.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #503
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

I tell them what sounds more for kids, characters that glitter in the daylight or 3 men hung from the neck on a bridge. My female friends have wisely never said such a thing to me.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #504
batfreakforever
A real fan

My above comment is for JackWhite.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #505
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
I tell them what sounds more for kids, characters that glitter in the daylight or 3 men hung from the neck on a bridge. My female friends have wisely never said such a thing to me.
lucky you man. Yeah or a clown who cuts peoples mouths wider. They dont get. My last gf loved twilight but thought i was strange to like batman.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:28 PM   #506
batfreakforever
A real fan

i have never seen a twilight movie. Just seen previews and said f that.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #507
batfreakforever
A real fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
definitely make sure he sees bb and tdk. a friend of mine only saw tdk before seeing tdkr. she didnt like tdkr much at first, and my disappointed and disapproving reaction to her not seeing bb made her watch it and then rises agaib. Now she holds all 3 in high regard.
i wish i had women friends like yours like that mate.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM   #508
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by batfreakforever View Post
lucky you man. Yeah or a clown who cuts peoples mouths wider. They dont get. My last gf loved twilight but thought i was strange to like batman.
I also remind them that batman runs deeper has been loved longer too by me compared to them with twilight. ive loved batman since I was 4. they cant say that. parents shot in front of him, love interest blown up, necks broken, da's face half gone, superhero with a death wish whose back gets broken by villain. this trilogy alone isnt kid stuff. its so easy to insult twilight it starts to get fun.

4. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
5. X-Men: Days of Future Past
Old 11-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #509
obin_gam
Side-Kick

It just arrived to my door step It feels unreal to hold it in my hands
Was so happy I made a short unwrapping video (language is in swedish tho...)
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

- Gene Wilder
Old 11-27-2012, 10:35 AM   #510
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

According to Best Buy twitter feed, you guys can preorder the Steelbook and watch the "Reborn" doc now. I know it's already been said several posts back, but it's nice to have confirmation from Best Buy.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:40 AM   #511
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

For pre-ordering online at Best Buy, do they charge right away or do they wait until it's released?

Old 11-27-2012, 11:11 AM   #512
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Alright so I went ahead and pre-ordered it. I'm watching the Dark Knight Reborn online and it's pretty much combining all three making of documentaries (two of which is old footage from the previous blu rays).

Old 11-27-2012, 12:06 PM   #513
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Got my Limited Bat Cowl Mask Edition today
It's a bit smaller than I expected, but still not disappointing.
The casing for the discs is a headache though.

Old 11-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #514
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrotus View Post
Got my Limited Bat Cowl Mask Edition today
It's a bit smaller than I expected, but still not disappointing.
The casing for the discs is a headache though.

pics or it didnt happen lol.. but pics would be nice to see the scale of it... also, describe the casing issue.

also where did you order it from that you got it a week early.

Last edited by litobirdy; 11-27-2012 at 01:25 PM.
Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #515
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
pics or it didnt happen lol.. but pics would be nice to see the scale of it... also, describe the casing issue.

also where did you order it from that you got it a week early.
Here's a pic I took earlier today - unfortunately it doesn't really show the scale of it:
http://i49.tinypic.com/ama5c1.jpg

Yeah, the case... you stack the BDs on top of each other in a plastic case.
They were a bit difficult to get out, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to.
It's obviously easier to take the discs out one at the time, rather than taking out both at the same time - if you do that it almost feels like the discs will snap in half.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2efuln7.jpg (casing and back of bat cowl)
http://i47.tinypic.com/vold03.jpg (all the stuff side by side - for some reason the cowl actually looks a bit bigger on picture)

I live in Sweden, and it's refreshing that we for once can get stuff early - we're often months after you guys in the US.
For an example, "Ted" will not be released over here until February, haha.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:17 PM   #516
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macrotus View Post
Here's a pic I took earlier today - unfortunately it doesn't really show the scale of it:
http://i49.tinypic.com/ama5c1.jpg

Yeah, the case... you stack the BDs on top of each other in a plastic case.
They were a bit difficult to get out, but maybe it's just a matter of getting used to.
It's obviously easier to take the discs out one at the time, rather than taking out both at the same time - if you do that it almost feels like the discs will snap in half.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2efuln7.jpg (casing and back of bat cowl)
http://i47.tinypic.com/vold03.jpg (all the stuff side by side - for some reason the cowl actually looks a bit bigger on picture)

I live in Sweden, and it's refreshing that we for once can get stuff early - we're often months after you guys in the US.
For an example, "Ted" will not be released over here until February, haha.
wow thanks a lot of your in depth review of the bat cowl edition case etc. you da man... I guess its not too bad. Dont' know now if its worth the $36 US dollars though.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #517
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Well it's out in Australia today, but I have to wait for my order to arrive. God knows how long it will take.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:28 PM   #518
MAKAVELI25
Side-Kick

Any word on the special features? I'd rather wait for a special edition to come out because I love all the BTS stuff

Old 11-27-2012, 03:36 PM   #519
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

It's good to read some reviews from those who didn't like it in theaters actually loved it a second, third time out on video, maybe it's because at home your in a comfortable place instead of hearing crying babies and people talking on their cellphones.

Old 11-27-2012, 03:57 PM   #520
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

The Dark Knight Rises FX (iPhone, etc.) and The Dark Knight Rises FX HD (iPad) version 2.2 now available (November 27, 2012).

Quote:
What's New in Version 2.2

Now sync your app to your Blu-ray disc and unlock Exclusive Content! Discover the world of Dark Knight through a detailed look at the characters of Gotham City, their weapons, vehicles and gadgets. Learn how legendary director Christopher Nolan created the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight trilogy through interactive scene breakdowns, photo galleries and script excerpts. Flick content from your iPhone or iPad to your big screen to get an even closer look. Buy the Blu-ray Combo Pack and sync your app today!

Old 11-27-2012, 06:10 PM   #521
Macrotus
Side-Kick

Regarding The Dark Knight Reborn...
If I've understood correct, it's a bonus documentary only for Best Buy costumers in USA? Meaning, there's no way it will leak to the internet before Best Buy is starting to sell TDKR?
Or is it a documentary which will be released later on, and you'll only get a preview through Best Buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
wow thanks a lot of your in depth review of the bat cowl edition case etc. you da man... I guess its not too bad. Dont' know now if its worth the $36 US dollars though.
Ah man, it was nothing - let me know if there's anything else about the box you're wondering about.
Hehe I wish that mine would only cost $36, everything here in Sweden is so damn expensive. I had to pay $52 (USD) for mine - and that was the cheapest I could find. Most other stores sold them for $74.5.

No wonder The Pirate Bay's origin is Sweden

Old 11-28-2012, 04:07 AM   #522
Tequilla
Side-Kick

The imax shots look astounding on blu-ray. Cover is ugly as hell.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:50 AM   #523
markknightrises
Side-Kick

3D Nolan's Trilogy Cover
http://youtu.be/SHzDQn4ugto

Old 11-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #524
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I like the blu-ray menu sequence
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G4BSvBd8DA

Old 11-28-2012, 10:07 AM   #525
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Very nice!

Closed Thread