The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #801
Street Vendor
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

I got mine from Amazon today. I chose two day shipping when I ordered, so it was here this afternoon. I won't have time to watch it for a couple of days, but it sure does look nice on the shelf next to my Blu-ray's of BB and TDK.

http://spidermannews.com/

No guns, no killing.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #802
Street Vendor
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post
Can't believe the broken cowl was only 30 bucks! The Blu Ray looks great. The best looking footage I've ever seen on Blu Ray.

Woah. I can't believe I own The Dark Knight Rises. I own it. Amost two years of following this movie. Every article. Every pic. Now I have it. Time....where does it go?

After I watch the movie a few times and it sinks in that this is the last Nolan Batman film, it will truly be over. Kind of sad, really.

http://spidermannews.com/

No guns, no killing.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #803
Citadel30
Local Boob

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
this late in the day?
I called walmart at 1030 and some lady was like- "yea, we got one in". So I called my wife and said to go grab it. She sent me a picture of it in some other lady's arms and said she was too late. I was so pissdd but then she sent me another picture of her holding it smiling. She got one of her friends to pose in the picture to joke with me. But yes, my Walmart had one and no one knew to get it. I still can't believe I have one. My wife said it was just sitting on top of the DVD rack like no one knew what to do with it. I bet shoppers didn't even know it was there. I feel like I hit the lottery!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #804
Citadel30
Local Boob

I'm not even opening my broken cowl edition... I also bought the combo pack so that's what'll be getting watched.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 PM   #805
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

So the broken cowl edition might end up being a real collectable one day since there are only 35,000 of them? If so, I am glad I was able to snag one!

Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #806
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Wal-Martc canceling my bat cowl order is just gonna make my wait for the ultimate edition more annoying

Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 PM   #807
A Necessary Evil
Stark Raving Mad

I love the lenticular trilogy cover, it's awesome. If I didn't already have multiple copies of TDK trilogy, and wasn't planning on the 2013 set, I'd purchase it.

Quote:
The little A-Holes that could.
ANE's hate for TASM2 is epic.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #808
CapMo
Side-Kick

Bear with me, it's a bit lengthy, but important to know:

so get this. i bought the BLU RAY steel book at best buy, popped it in, took a while to load and played it. Played fine, right? Then i hit the STOP button on my control to take a break. later, without taking it out, i hit PLAY, then... the loading disc logo started to flash. something was wrong. i opened the dvd, checked out the disc, it was fine, put it back in, loading disc did not flash, but took even longer to load. Then... the menu showed and... NO TITLES. i couldnt see where to hit play, audio, scene selection, nada. i could still go to these desired areas, but i could not see them. i did however see HALF of some of the titles, you know, the text was cut off. i even managed to go to scene selection and ONLY one chapter image showed up. i went back to return it. got a new one. repaet all steps and... SAME F***** thing!! is it possible for this to happened twice?? my brother thinks there will be a recall, but i need to hear from others on this board to know if it's just me or a lot. let us know.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM   #809
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So, who else already watched TDKR today?

Old 12-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #810
Travesty
TEOL

Could be your player.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 PM   #811
batmanofbaylor
Non sum qualis eram

this thing is beautiful

Old 12-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #812
souvlaki
Side-Kick

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread but is there no "play all" function for the special features? On first glance I didn't see the option and it's annoying playing each individual feature when I want to watch the entire thing.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #813
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I did. 3 times. one with each family member. Dad clapped, thinks it was the best one. great day.

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past
5. The Raid 2
Old 12-04-2012, 09:01 PM   #814
Havok83
Side-Kick

Just got this and I think its lame how all 3 discs have the same disc art. Would have had them to have different looks

What is this CinemaNow download code I got from BB? The email doesnt give any details

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #815
Mister J
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Amazon sent an e-mail, specifying Thursday delivery for the Broken Cowl set.

Even with only 35K sets specified, I'm a bit taken aback at the immediate scarcity on this thing. I'm toying with the idea of not opening it and ordering a Trilogy Blu-ray (since it's practically the same price as the TDKR disc itself).

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:13 PM   #816
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Just got this and I think its lame how all 3 discs have the same disc art. Would have had them to have different looks

What is this CinemaNow download code I got from BB? The email doesnt give any details
It's to download the Batman Reborn Documentary.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 PM   #817
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
I watched half of it with my wife (only because we have a 4yo that demands attention). So far, I enjoy it even more the third time around.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #818
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Same with mine. I ordered it more than a month ago and it hasn't even shipped yet.
Yup same here with my Cowl blu-ray. I ordered it on October 1st. Although my steelbook should be here by tomorrow.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 PM   #819
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
Got it in the mail. Watched it. I liked it just a bit better than I remembered, especially the first act, and I can definitely see why some people consider it their favorite.

Fantastic transfer for the most part. Only criticism is that Bane's voice hurt my TV's speakers every time he was on screen.
Well then, sounds like you have a good excuse to upgrade to surround sound.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #820
BatMatt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
I watched half of it with my wife (only because we have a 4yo that demands attention). So far, I enjoy it even more the third time around.
I watched it today, loved it all over again, so not to get off topic but you're married dude? And with a little one? Wow, congrats man, we've been here far too long haha

Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 PM   #821
sblemmy

There may be hope if you didn't preorder the Broken Cowl edition.

I sent my fiancé on the hunt for the Broken Cowl edition today thinking it'd be an easy find. Best Buy and Target did not get any. Walmart and Barnes and Noble were sold out. HOWEVER, FYE had a bunch behind the counter. The clerk told my fiancé that online orders were oversold so the stores can't sell them yet. However, she told us to call back tomorrow to see if they could start selling their in store stock.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #822
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Yup same here with my Cowl blu-ray. I ordered it on October 1st. Although my steelbook should be here by tomorrow.
My steelbook is estimated to be delivered by the 10th. Although I'm not too upset by that since I ordered that one just last week. It's the Amazon one that's just killing me.

Anyway... anyone here with Mac who was able to download Reborn? It looks like you can only watch (and not download) it if you have a Mac.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #823
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
I did. 3 times. one with each family member. Dad clapped, thinks it was the best one. great day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CConn View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMatt View Post
I watched it today, loved it all over again, so not to get off topic but you're married dude? And with a little one? Wow, congrats man, we've been here far too long haha
Very cool

Watched it only once earlier today with my lady and we both thought it's still one of the best films of the year and while she never really had a favorite of Nolan's trilogy, TDKR is still my favorite of the three.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 PM   #824
CConn
Fountainhead of culture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatMatt View Post
Yeah, I've been married for two years now.

The child's my stepdaughter, though. I met her mom when she was like 4 months old.

Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 PM   #825
TheDarkKnight08
genius

I took the day off work tomorrow to stay in and watch the whole trilogy from start to finish. So pumped!

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
Closed Thread