The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #901
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Got my steelbook today in the mail! I love the material the steelbook has, it's pretty awesome.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #902
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Picked up the regular Blu-ray from Wal-Mart for $18. Waiting on the Ultimate Collector's Edition trilogy next year before thinking about a box set.

Watching the Blu-ray right now and the sound quality is insane. No wonder it's getting 10/10 from pretty much every reviewer. I don't even have my subwoofer plugged in and it's still impressive as hell. The 35mm scenes look solid but not great. The IMAX scenes are definitely reference quality.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:20 PM   #903
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Kane your so lucky, hope you enjoy it, I'm still waiting on mine.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #904
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Got my steelbook today in the mail! I love the material the steelbook has, it's pretty awesome.

You have the exact same collection as me :P

My Best Buy Steelbook is supposed to be here tomorrow

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 PM   #905
Travesty
TEOL

I always take those ugly cardboard sleeves off, and throw them away. The only one I haven't done that to is Iron Man, just because it would look incredibly strange without the cover.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #906
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
You have the exact same collection as me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I always take those ugly cardboard sleeves off, and throw them away. The only one I haven't done that to is Iron Man, just because it would look incredibly strange without the cover.
I only keep them so that dust or scratches wont show up on the actual cases. Plus I don't mind them at all. lol

My Terminator slip cover is Bad. Ass.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 PM   #907
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
I ended up cutting the Iron Man slipcover so that it would fit inside the regular sleeve on the case. Really dislike the artwork that they used inside the case, but the slipcover art is cool. TDK had the absolute worst Blu-ray cover art possible. They used that terrible Batpod poster for the slipcover art, and then the inner art was the Joker poster where he's holding a Tommy gun. Is it a Batman movie or a Joker movie? That cover art pretty much sums up my frustration with TDK compared to BB.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #908
Travesty
TEOL

I always hate it when the slip covers are the EXACT same thing as the case. Today WB sent me The Campaign, and of course both the slip cover is the exact same thing. Trashed it....

Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #909
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Here's Mine

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 PM   #910
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
I always hate it when the slip covers are the EXACT same thing as the case. Today WB sent me The Campaign, and of course both the slip cover is the exact same thing. Trashed it....
I think my favorite slipcover is Inception, which has the building that goes up and down when you hold it at different angles.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #911
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
I think my favorite slipcover is Inception, which has the building that goes up and down when you hold it at different angles.
Oh, I trashed that one, too.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #912
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh, I trashed that one, too.
haha.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 PM   #913
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

Quote:
Ah I see, although I wish if studios releases slipcovers they should at least make them interesting like my Terminator blu ray slip cover.

The left is the slipcover.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 12-05-2012, 10:54 PM   #914
Assassin
Detroit's Reckoning

who else got screwed by walmart.com? they over-sold it and canceled my order. funny thing is i saw them at best buy yesterday and didnt buy them. now they are $160 online.

if anyone has any hook ups on the cowl please pm me. this is for a fan not for me to resell.

**** walmart.

Old 12-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #915
webhead731
I'm a photographer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Ah I see, although I wish if studios releases slipcovers they should at least make them interesting like my Terminator blu ray slip cover.

The left is the slipcover.

To me that looks like a metal Ghost Rider. =\

I'll forgive it though because that movie is AMAZING.

Old 12-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #916
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by litobirdy View Post
I specifically stated completed listings.
Me to that's what I meant in my first post. Those are the prices that show up for me ranging from 81 bucks to one going for 800. Edit not they are down to more reasonable prices 80 bucks.

Last edited by ShadowBoxer; 12-05-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 12-06-2012, 03:07 AM   #917
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I still don't have Batman Begins on Blu-Ray. Not until they create a new transfer.

Old 12-06-2012, 03:55 AM   #918
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

On a video on Youtube I found one unpacking the Target digibook and it looks like the comic prologue is printed on glossy paper, is there somewhere I can read the comic prologue?

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #919
OneKnight
Brutally honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesslover View Post
Please check out page 29. Post 723. Thank you
Thanks, chesslover.

So it's everything from the Blu-ray except the Batman Reborn doc from the Best Buy Steelbook?

Cool.

"I'm all for giving Cavill a chance."

Last edited by OneKnight; 12-06-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #920
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Bought the Best Buy TDKR blu ray with the DKR 'reborn' featurette.
Movie comes with a steelcover which I'm not really interested in.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:03 AM   #921
Jick
Auxiliary Assistant

I bought the regular Blu-Ray with 2 disks.
I watched it on Tuesday and I'll do it again on Sunday.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #922
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

I watched the blu ray last night, and noticed the motions in most (not all) of the scenes looks very smooth. Did anyone here caught that as well?

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #923
litobirdy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assassin View Post
who else got screwed by walmart.com? they over-sold it and canceled my order. funny thing is i saw them at best buy yesterday and didnt buy them. now they are $160 online.

if anyone has any hook ups on the cowl please pm me. this is for a fan not for me to resell.

**** walmart.
same here man, but forget about asking here for anyone to sell us their extra.. I tried.. oh well, bummer

Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #924
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Really wish they would have done something with the aspect ration change. I don't know what, but 'something'.
The bands top and bottom shrinking and growing every other scene is distracting to say the least.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:35 AM   #925
Kane52630
Bio-Digtial Jazz, Man.

I only find it distracting (especially seeing it in IMAX) right before the first Bane fight. It switched back and forth when you see Catwoman walking.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Closed Thread