The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 07:58 PM   #976
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Old 12-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #977
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Dark Knight Rises - Home Video (Blu-Ray/DVD) Release Thread - Part 1

Several people on amazon.com are complaining about having problems with hearing the dialogue in the audio mixes on the Blu-ray and DVD. The film sounds great to me and Bane is a lot easier to understand in a home theatre setting so maybe this is just more amazon.com member trolling/nonsense.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 AM   #978
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Orange View Post
Several people on amazon.com are complaining about having problems with hearing the dialogue in the audio mixes on the Blu-ray and DVD. The film sounds great to me and Bane is a lot easier to understand in a home theatre setting so maybe this is just more amazon.com member trolling/nonsense.
No, it's probably people listening to surround sound mixes through stereo speakers. That's not the way it was intended to be heard, but 95% of the people who buy DVD/Blu-ray are going to watch it through their TV speakers instead of a home theater setup.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 AM   #979
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
No, it's probably people listening to surround sound mixes through stereo speakers. That's not the way it was intended to be heard, but 95% of the people who buy DVD/Blu-ray are going to watch it through their TV speakers instead of a home theater setup.
I thought so. Still, it's typical that this is the movie that people are choosing to feign ignorance about. Blu-ray lossless audio caters to a surround sound set-up and everybody should understand this by now.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 AM   #980
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

True, but even if you don't have one, unless your TV is extremely ****** you can still make the audio out just fine. I have a surround setup myself, but I've already taken this to a couple of friends houses, neither of whom has surround or even a top of the line HDTV, and all was well.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 12-08-2012, 12:49 AM   #981
Agent Orange
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
True, but even if you don't have one, unless your TV is extremely ****** you can still make the audio out just fine. I have a surround setup myself, but I've already taken this to a couple of friends houses, neither of whom has surround or even a top of the line HDTV, and all was well.
Yeah. I figure that it's just a mixture of honest ignorance and general trolling. Typical of amazon.com members.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:59 AM   #982
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessenjahMatt View Post
Got my Blu from Amazon today, Movie disc was loose in the case and skips past the Blake/Gordon scene near the beginning These 3 disc cases never hold that first disc securely enough.
How did that effect the disc unless it scratched the unscratchable coating on the disc?

Old 12-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #983
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
You assume people have home theater setups.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 AM   #984
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Quick question: For those on USA, which dubbed languages come with the Blu-ray version of The Dark Knight Trilogy (or just Rises)?

Because I want to hear the Latin American dub. I missed it on theaters.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:55 AM   #985
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
You assume people have home theater setups.
No I don't. Did you read my post? People are watching a 5.1 mix through stereo speakers on their TV. That's what 95% of the population does. A very small percentage of the population has surround sound. That isn't an assumption, it's a fact.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #986
Ant-LOX
Bathman

English - French - Spanish - Portuguese - are the languages.

The video is just beyond awesome, this is the best Blu ray I will ever own.

Bane's voice towers over all other audio, which is what it did in the theaters. I love that.

Nolan's next film WILL be shot entirely in IMAX, it has to be, This movie looks too good.

My favorite parts of TDK are still present in the 35mm scenes, such as edge blurring and image sharpening. (No sarcasm)

The blu ray features are PACKED, I'm still analyzing the film and re watching the parking garage scene over & over.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #987
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I miss having a surround sound so badly, hopefully someday I can get a new one.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 12-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #988
Drizzle
Assemble Again

This is one of the best looking Blus I've seen. That last Bane vs. Batman fight is so crystal clear it's like watching it live.

Old 12-08-2012, 02:23 PM   #989
Ant-LOX
Bathman

Yeah, the whole finale was just jaw dropping. The closeup of Alfred outside Wayne Manor at the end is so shallow and lush, it's kind of insane, actually.

Also, when Selina is interrogating Dagget on the roof, I could go on and on....

Old 12-08-2012, 04:16 PM   #990
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

One of the best shots in the film on Blu-Ray has to be the shot of Blake looking at the waterfall entrance to the Batcave. Beautiful shot.

Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #991
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

That's a great shot. I prefer the Bane vs Batman sewer fight. Absolutely demo worthy.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 12-08-2012, 07:01 PM   #992
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Saw the film today on my 52inch HDTV, I had surround sound headphones on and it was perfect.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #993
The Chris
TDK Trilogy Forever!

one of the great things about seeing the film in imax was the fantastic booming audio, especially the brutal mix of the sewer fight. hearing the bat break made me cringe and the bluray does a fantastic job of keeping all of that. my speakers got a workout.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:05 PM   #994
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chris View Post
one of the great things about seeing the film in imax was the fantastic booming audio, especially the brutal mix of the sewer fight. hearing the bat break made me cringe and the bluray does a fantastic job of keeping all of that. my speakers got a workout.
It almost felt like an earthquake was happening when that first IMAX shot showed up (after Gordon's speech).

Old 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #995
georgec
Not a hero

Question for people who have the BD - when I saw the movie in IMAX, a few 35mm scenes seemed a bit blurry or out of focus. For example, during Aflred's goodbye, the close-ups on Bruce seemed particulary fuzzy.

Does it look okay on the BD?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:50 PM   #996
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
Question for people who have the BD - when I saw the movie in IMAX, a few 35mm scenes seemed a bit blurry or out of focus. For example, during Aflred's goodbye, the close-ups on Bruce seemed particulary fuzzy.

Does it look okay on the BD?
That's the way the scenes look and there have been some complaints about it from people who watched the Blu-ray, but as you've said it looked that way in the theater too. It has more to do with Nolan and Pfister's choice of lenses than anything else.

Old 12-08-2012, 07:52 PM   #997
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
Saw the film today on my 52inch HDTV, I had surround sound headphones on and it was perfect.
Oh man, I've been wanting to do this so bad. I've been having some ear troubles lately and have been avoiding listening to things with headphones on, but considering how I live in an apartment with very uptight neighbors, my TV's speakers set at a moderate volume do not do the movie justice.

One of these days though I'll definitely end up saying "**** it" and doing a trilogy marathon with headphones.

Free Original Music
Old 12-08-2012, 07:57 PM   #998
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
That's the way the scenes look and there have been some complaints about it from people who watched the Blu-ray, but as you've said it looked that way in the theater too. It has more to do with Nolan and Pfister's choice of lenses than anything else.
Cool, thanks. Yea, I thought a review might have mentioned it somewhere. It's not a huge deal but just a small thing you notice.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 PM   #999
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I'm now watching the production features and it is so awesome the care and talent the crew does from creating a lifesize The Bat to minimal use of CGI elements to the cast of thousands of extras playing cops and thugs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Because I want to hear the Latin American dub. I missed it on theaters.
The Spanish dub is really good and I like that they were able to maintain the same Batman voice actor in all three films, plus he doesn't over do the growly Bale voice.

Old 12-08-2012, 11:53 PM   #1000
kvz5
HBIC

I finally got my copy from Best Buy but I'm holding off with watching it because my friend will fix my TV's calibration this week. I want everything to look as perfect as possible.

Closed Thread