Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #876
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I see we're all being calm and waiting to see what the Rescue armor is like in the context of the movie before we...OH WAIT.

Everyone is always so rational here, we always reserve judgment until we've seen the finished product.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #877
Fudgie
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Everyone is always so rational here, we always reserve judgment until we've seen the finished product.

Heh that's brilliant.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #878
WindsofHorus
Test Pilot of the Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Why do you all hate rescue!!?!???!?!?!?!?!???

Because it's such a stupid idea

Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #879
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Why is everyone freaking about this no when Gwyneth herself posted a pic of herself in a mo cop suit months ago?

I mean really.

Iron Man movie + Mo cop suit = Armor.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-10-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #880
Just one more
Side-Kick

I personally think it would be absurd if Tony did NOT develop a suit of armour for Pepper. I mean c'mon, he has had people coming after him for years, only a matter of time before they went after the woman he loved.

If Pepper was ever in danger and there was not a suit of armour for her I think everyone here would be singing a very different tune and saying how stupid it was that Tony never thought of protecting her that way.

People saying the Rescue armour will ruin the movie make me laugh and laugh and LAUGH! We have only seen one trailer and already people saying the movie will be crap because of this ONE thing.

Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #881
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

I swear. Im gonna save this page and link back to it next year when people are all like "OMG RESCUE WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!".

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #882
Just one more
Side-Kick

+ 1

Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #883
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

They did sort of hint about Rescue at the Comic-Con press conference.

- CM Punk
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #884
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
I swear. Im gonna save this page and link back to it next year when people are all like "OMG RESCUE WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!".
I HATE RESCUE ARMOR

I LOVE RESCUE ARMOR

(There. Now I've hedged my bets nicely, so I should be safe.)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #885
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
You do that.

Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #886
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
because apparently it goes down to... "eewww girls."
Its sad, but its true.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #887
The Guard
Side-Kick

I don't get the hatred of the Rescue armor as a general concept. It only showed up in the comics after Pepper had been around for years and years and years, and after they'd done almost every damsel in distress/romantic/supportive friend/business scenario they could with her. It was a new story idea, one more adventure for her to have, a new place for her character to go, another way to connect with Tony, to share and understand his burden and responsibilities in another manner. I think it might be a little early to include here, but then, Tony Stark revealed his secret identity in the first film, so they're clearly not concerned about the comics timeline as much.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #888
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

I would hate to see a Pepper-armour in the movie, and would much prefer that her only superpower remained that of managing Tony´s massive ego. Her character is nicely rounded as a down-to-Earth secretary gone CEO, action simply does not fit her. In fact, if Tony tried to fit her into a suit (and he might want to) he would end in the doghouse right away.

That said, I think that maybe during the Malibu house destruction a suit assembles around Pepper in order to protect her. We have this still of a sentient/remotely operated suit leaning over Tony, so clearly Tony is not in it, and then we have the sequence where the floor tilts and the suit kind of slides with it (does not fly up and avoid the fall) and is dragged into the water with much flailing and zero fighting. So maybe Pepper is inside and does not know how to operate it on a finer level.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #889
Victarion
Cut

Did you guys forget the first Iron-Man film?

Avatar related; my face when I read your reactions to the possibility of Rescue.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #890
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I would hate to see a Pepper-armour in the movie, and would much prefer that her only superpower remained that of managing Tony´s massive ego. Her character is nicely rounded as a down-to-Earth secretary gone CEO, action simply does not fit her. In fact, if Tony tried to fit her into a suit (and he might want to) he would end in the doghouse right away.

That said, I think that maybe during the Malibu house destruction a suit assembles around Pepper in order to protect her. We have this still of a sentient/remotely operated suit leaning over Tony, so clearly Tony is not in it, and then we have the sequence where the floor tilts and the suit kind of slides with it (does not fly up and avoid the fall) and is dragged into the water with much flailing and zero fighting. So maybe Pepper is inside and does not know how to operate it on a finer level.
You have to remember in the comics Rescue wasn't originally a suit made for offense. Tony made it strictly a defensive suit and he gave it to her when he no longer felt he could protect her himself. I would say his house getting blown up would make him feel that way.

Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #891
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Get ready!

It's amazing how misunderstood this image is.

It was taken in 2008 for Vogue magazine. It's supposed to be artsy/ tongue in cheek/ photoshoot relating to the movie

Last edited by Gold Samurai; 11-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #892
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

This could work out. If i get a rescue action figure out of it, I'm good.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #893
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Horrible comparison.

Thor is the one and only God of Thunder. There is no other. That is the trait that makes him unique. Same can be said for Stark and his suit. It's all based on the same technology so to keep pilfering it out to other people (even though there are noticeable modifications to the exterior) it still just waters it down a bit. That's just my opinion. It's why I have issues with comic books when they continue to duplicate characters or use borrowed powers.
All of the Armor have different devices and weapons associated with them. War Machine and Rescue are as different from Tony as the Warriors three and Odin are from Thor.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #894
ericadawn16
Side-Kick

I'd love Rescue to be in it. Rescue was one of my favorite things about Iron man: Armored Adventures...RIP.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #895
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
It's amazing how misunderstood this image is.

It was taken in 2008 for Vogue magazine. It's supposed to be artsy/ tongue in cheek/ photoshoot relating to the movie

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Most of us are well aware that those are from a magazine shoot. We're discussing an article in which a Marvel marketing exec confirmed that Pepper will become rescue in Iron Man 3, not those photos.

Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #896
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I have literally no problem at all with the Rescue thing. It's not like Pepper is donning a super outfit and joining the Avengers, this is clearly just a classic Tony Stark thing, a suit he has made as an eventuality that Pepper would need to protect herself, since he cares most about her it makes total and complete sense that he would take steps to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman
All of the Armor have different devices and weapons associated with them. War Machine and Rescue are as different from Tony as the Warriors three and Odin are from Thor.
An excellent point. I've seen this argument countless times, the idea of a characters powers being the thing that makes them unique and I simply don't buy into it. There are so many things that make a character who they are and powers are a small part of them. Even if two characters have the same basic skill set or abilities, when characters are well made, their unique personalities manage to be reflected in those abilities anyway. War Machine doesn't make Iron Man less unique because the most important and unique thing about Iron Man is Tony Stark himself. So they both have a suit of armor and fly around, but if they're done correctly, that's more or less where the similarities will end.

Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #897
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I am thrilled that we have Rescue

Old 11-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #898
Matarreyes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
I personally think it would be absurd if Tony did NOT develop a suit of armour for Pepper. I mean c'mon, he has had people coming after him for years, only a matter of time before they went after the woman he loved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stark View Post
You have to remember in the comics Rescue wasn't originally a suit made for offense. Tony made it strictly a defensive suit and he gave it to her when he no longer felt he could protect her himself. I would say his house getting blown up would make him feel that way.
I do not doubt that Tony might get the idea, or even try to implement it. I DO doubt that Pepper (levelheaded person that she is) would ever be on-board with it. And between Pepper and Tony, we all know who would win the argument. She is a CEO of a big company, she can have as many bodyguards as she needs around her, which is a much more classy solution for somebody in her position. Lets keep her grounded: that´s how IM did it, that´s how Avengers does it, and it has worked out pretty well so far .

PS - oh, and I just can´t get over all the breastplate jokes that I just know will spawn from the Pepper armor.

Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #899
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Most of us are well aware that those are from a magazine shoot. We're discussing an article in which a Marvel marketing exec confirmed that Pepper will become rescue in Iron Man 3, not those photos.
To be clear: nobody (officially) ever said anything about Rescue armor. Yes, she may put on armor, but it could simply be one of Tony's suits, not a suit specifically designed for her.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #900
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I do not doubt that Tony might get the idea, or even try to implement it. I DO doubt that Pepper (levelheaded person that she is) would ever be on-board with it. And between Pepper and Tony, we all know who would win the argument. She is a CEO of a big company, she can have as many bodyguards as she needs around her, which is a much more classy solution for somebody in her position. Lets keep her grounded: that´s how IM did it, that´s how Avengers does it, and it has worked out pretty well so far .

PS - oh, and I just can´t get over all the breastplate jokes that I just know will spawn from the Pepper armor.
In Iron Man #300 when Bethany Cabe wore Iron Man's post-Armor Wars suit, she mentioned how it made her breasts ache and made her thighs chafed (obviously since it wasn't designed for the female form). I imagine if Pepper has to put on an Iron Man armour in an emergency and one isn't made especially for her, then she'll encounter the same problem.

Closed Thread