The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #876
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,215
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I see we're all being calm and waiting to see what the Rescue armor is like in the context of the movie before we...OH WAIT.

Everyone is always so rational here, we always reserve judgment until we've seen the finished product.


xeno000 is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:01 AM   #877
Fudgie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,197
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Everyone is always so rational here, we always reserve judgment until we've seen the finished product.

Heh that's brilliant.

Fudgie is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:02 AM   #878
WindsofHorus
Test Pilot of the Future
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 260
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Why do you all hate rescue!!?!???!?!?!?!?!???

Because it's such a stupid idea

__________________
Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk.
WindsofHorus is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 AM   #879
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,921
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Why is everyone freaking about this no when Gwyneth herself posted a pic of herself in a mo cop suit months ago?

I mean really.

Iron Man movie + Mo cop suit = Armor.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 11-10-2012 at 12:58 AM.
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:55 AM   #880
Just one more
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 159
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I personally think it would be absurd if Tony did NOT develop a suit of armour for Pepper. I mean c'mon, he has had people coming after him for years, only a matter of time before they went after the woman he loved.

If Pepper was ever in danger and there was not a suit of armour for her I think everyone here would be singing a very different tune and saying how stupid it was that Tony never thought of protecting her that way.

People saying the Rescue armour will ruin the movie make me laugh and laugh and LAUGH! We have only seen one trailer and already people saying the movie will be crap because of this ONE thing.

Just one more is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 12:59 AM   #881
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,921
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I swear. Im gonna save this page and link back to it next year when people are all like "OMG RESCUE WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!".

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:00 AM   #882
Just one more
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 159
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

+ 1

Just one more is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:20 AM   #883
TheVileOne
Side-Kick
 
TheVileOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 35,675
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

They did sort of hint about Rescue at the Comic-Con press conference.

__________________
"This is true. This is real. This . . . Is . . . Straight Edge."

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now  
Old 11-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #884
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,752
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I swear. Im gonna save this page and link back to it next year when people are all like "OMG RESCUE WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!".
I HATE RESCUE ARMOR



I LOVE RESCUE ARMOR




(There. Now I've hedged my bets nicely, so I should be safe.)

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 10:20 AM   #885
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I swear. Im gonna save this page and link back to it next year when people are all like "OMG RESCUE WAS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!".
You do that.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 AM   #886
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,792
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
because apparently it goes down to... "eewww girls."
Its sad, but its true.

metaphysician is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 PM   #887
The Guard
Side-Kick
 
The Guard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 25,818
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I don't get the hatred of the Rescue armor as a general concept. It only showed up in the comics after Pepper had been around for years and years and years, and after they'd done almost every damsel in distress/romantic/supportive friend/business scenario they could with her. It was a new story idea, one more adventure for her to have, a new place for her character to go, another way to connect with Tony, to share and understand his burden and responsibilities in another manner. I think it might be a little early to include here, but then, Tony Stark revealed his secret identity in the first film, so they're clearly not concerned about the comics timeline as much.

__________________
Writer and Lyricist of GOTHAM'S KNIGHT: THE BATMAN MUSICAL

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM   #888
Matarreyes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 92
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I would hate to see a Pepper-armour in the movie, and would much prefer that her only superpower remained that of managing Tony´s massive ego. Her character is nicely rounded as a down-to-Earth secretary gone CEO, action simply does not fit her. In fact, if Tony tried to fit her into a suit (and he might want to) he would end in the doghouse right away.

That said, I think that maybe during the Malibu house destruction a suit assembles around Pepper in order to protect her. We have this still of a sentient/remotely operated suit leaning over Tony, so clearly Tony is not in it, and then we have the sequence where the floor tilts and the suit kind of slides with it (does not fly up and avoid the fall) and is dragged into the water with much flailing and zero fighting. So maybe Pepper is inside and does not know how to operate it on a finer level.

Matarreyes is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:09 PM   #889
Victarion
Cut
 
Victarion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 12,081
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Did you guys forget the first Iron-Man film?

Avatar related; my face when I read your reactions to the possibility of Rescue.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Trevorrow
But with all this talk of filmmakers “ruining our childhood”, we forget that right now is someone else’s childhood. This is their time.
Victarion is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 03:18 PM   #890
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 187
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I would hate to see a Pepper-armour in the movie, and would much prefer that her only superpower remained that of managing Tony´s massive ego. Her character is nicely rounded as a down-to-Earth secretary gone CEO, action simply does not fit her. In fact, if Tony tried to fit her into a suit (and he might want to) he would end in the doghouse right away.

That said, I think that maybe during the Malibu house destruction a suit assembles around Pepper in order to protect her. We have this still of a sentient/remotely operated suit leaning over Tony, so clearly Tony is not in it, and then we have the sequence where the floor tilts and the suit kind of slides with it (does not fly up and avoid the fall) and is dragged into the water with much flailing and zero fighting. So maybe Pepper is inside and does not know how to operate it on a finer level.
You have to remember in the comics Rescue wasn't originally a suit made for offense. Tony made it strictly a defensive suit and he gave it to her when he no longer felt he could protect her himself. I would say his house getting blown up would make him feel that way.

Mr. Stark is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #891
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick
 
Gold Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 9,544
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Get ready!




It's amazing how misunderstood this image is.


It was taken in 2008 for Vogue magazine. It's supposed to be artsy/ tongue in cheek/ photoshoot relating to the movie












Last edited by Gold Samurai; 11-10-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Gold Samurai is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 06:52 PM   #892
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,048
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

This could work out. If i get a rescue action figure out of it, I'm good.

__________________
Movies I have seen this year:
Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #893
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!
 
Smashlilman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2,818
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Horrible comparison.

Thor is the one and only God of Thunder. There is no other. That is the trait that makes him unique. Same can be said for Stark and his suit. It's all based on the same technology so to keep pilfering it out to other people (even though there are noticeable modifications to the exterior) it still just waters it down a bit. That's just my opinion. It's why I have issues with comic books when they continue to duplicate characters or use borrowed powers.
All of the Armor have different devices and weapons associated with them. War Machine and Rescue are as different from Tony as the Warriors three and Odin are from Thor.

__________________
Quote:
What is the most indestructable thing in the avengers? Ironman's suit, Captain America's Shield, or Thor's Hammer? The correct answer is Hulk's Pants

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline  
Old 11-10-2012, 11:40 PM   #894
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I'd love Rescue to be in it. Rescue was one of my favorite things about Iron man: Armored Adventures...RIP.

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #895
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,215
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
It's amazing how misunderstood this image is.


It was taken in 2008 for Vogue magazine. It's supposed to be artsy/ tongue in cheek/ photoshoot relating to the movie




Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:







Most of us are well aware that those are from a magazine shoot. We're discussing an article in which a Marvel marketing exec confirmed that Pepper will become rescue in Iron Man 3, not those photos.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #896
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!
 
Wolvieboy17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney
Posts: 11,183
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I have literally no problem at all with the Rescue thing. It's not like Pepper is donning a super outfit and joining the Avengers, this is clearly just a classic Tony Stark thing, a suit he has made as an eventuality that Pepper would need to protect herself, since he cares most about her it makes total and complete sense that he would take steps to do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashlilman
All of the Armor have different devices and weapons associated with them. War Machine and Rescue are as different from Tony as the Warriors three and Odin are from Thor.
An excellent point. I've seen this argument countless times, the idea of a characters powers being the thing that makes them unique and I simply don't buy into it. There are so many things that make a character who they are and powers are a small part of them. Even if two characters have the same basic skill set or abilities, when characters are well made, their unique personalities manage to be reflected in those abilities anyway. War Machine doesn't make Iron Man less unique because the most important and unique thing about Iron Man is Tony Stark himself. So they both have a suit of armor and fly around, but if they're done correctly, that's more or less where the similarities will end.

__________________
Big Head Mode
Big games. Big reviews. Big mouths.
Wolvieboy17 is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:10 AM   #897
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

I am thrilled that we have Rescue

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 03:22 AM   #898
Matarreyes
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 92
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
I personally think it would be absurd if Tony did NOT develop a suit of armour for Pepper. I mean c'mon, he has had people coming after him for years, only a matter of time before they went after the woman he loved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stark View Post
You have to remember in the comics Rescue wasn't originally a suit made for offense. Tony made it strictly a defensive suit and he gave it to her when he no longer felt he could protect her himself. I would say his house getting blown up would make him feel that way.
I do not doubt that Tony might get the idea, or even try to implement it. I DO doubt that Pepper (levelheaded person that she is) would ever be on-board with it. And between Pepper and Tony, we all know who would win the argument. She is a CEO of a big company, she can have as many bodyguards as she needs around her, which is a much more classy solution for somebody in her position. Lets keep her grounded: that´s how IM did it, that´s how Avengers does it, and it has worked out pretty well so far .

PS - oh, and I just can´t get over all the breastplate jokes that I just know will spawn from the Pepper armor.

Matarreyes is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM   #899
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,752
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Most of us are well aware that those are from a magazine shoot. We're discussing an article in which a Marvel marketing exec confirmed that Pepper will become rescue in Iron Man 3, not those photos.
To be clear: nobody (officially) ever said anything about Rescue armor. Yes, she may put on armor, but it could simply be one of Tony's suits, not a suit specifically designed for her.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 11-11-2012, 07:30 AM   #900
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,201
Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matarreyes View Post
I do not doubt that Tony might get the idea, or even try to implement it. I DO doubt that Pepper (levelheaded person that she is) would ever be on-board with it. And between Pepper and Tony, we all know who would win the argument. She is a CEO of a big company, she can have as many bodyguards as she needs around her, which is a much more classy solution for somebody in her position. Lets keep her grounded: that´s how IM did it, that´s how Avengers does it, and it has worked out pretty well so far .

PS - oh, and I just can´t get over all the breastplate jokes that I just know will spawn from the Pepper armor.
In Iron Man #300 when Bethany Cabe wore Iron Man's post-Armor Wars suit, she mentioned how it made her breasts ache and made her thighs chafed (obviously since it wasn't designed for the female form). I imagine if Pepper has to put on an Iron Man armour in an emergency and one isn't made especially for her, then she'll encounter the same problem.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.