Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 08:24 PM   #151
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsfireworks View Post
Easy, they're all going to be effects that get added in later, that was the case with the Avengers if you remember. In the first teaser all it showed was the street blowing up, then in the second theatrical you got the alien ships, debris and other misc things put in. The movie comes out in May, they're still working on that stuff.
Okay, maybe so. If we see a crashing plane CG'ed in that they're falling out of, it makes sense.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-21-2012, 08:30 PM   #152
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Oh no...

What if they kill off "Dummy robot"?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
His death was already confirmed. Tony's Malibu mansion is destroyed.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #153
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Oh no...

What if they kill off "Dummy robot"?

That's what I'm really worried about. When Mandy blow up the mansion, Dum-E and U are gonna be sitting ducks. And what about Butterfingers?!? Losing them will be devastating. Tony loves them like children....

Old 10-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #154
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

A couple things I noticed: 1. The arc reactor in Tony's chest appears to be very different then when we last saw him in Avengers.
2. In the shot of the Mark 47 doing the ground pound for some reason the Mark 4 is headless.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #155
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stark View Post
A couple things I noticed: 1. The arc reactor in Tony's chest appears to be very different then when we last saw him in Avengers.
2. In the shot of the Mark 47 doing the ground pound for some reason the Mark 4 is headless.
RE:

1) Odds are it's likely they made an update to it, but it doesn't look that much different to me. A slight change at most.

2) The reason the Mark IV is headless and why the other armors are damaged is because
the Extremis is a bit buggy and it causes all the Mark XLVII armor pieces to fly around randomly before connecting to Tony properly and it does a fair amount of damage to the garage.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #156
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
RE:

1) Odds are it's likely they made an update to it, but it doesn't look that much different to me. A slight change at most.

2) The reason the Mark IV is headless and why the other armors are damaged is because
the Extremis is a bit buggy and it causes all the Mark XLVII armor pieces to fly around randomly before connecting to Tony properly and it does a fair amount of damage to the garage.
I knew about the spoiler for the headless mark 4, just thought it was cool. But looking closley at the new RTlooks a lot different to me. In avengers it was the circle with the triangle in the middle, this looks just like a plain old circle.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:42 PM   #157
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:

1. Could be the angle of the camera that makes it look different

2. The Mark 4 lost it's head because parts of the new suit went flying everywhere

It was mentioned in the Comic Con footage description.

http://collider.com/comic-con-iron-man-3-panel/178379/

Quote:
- We open with Iron Man putting on his new suit that he can summon through force of will (I believe this is the Extremis armor, but I don’t want to officially call it that). He has some pieces that don’t want to behave, and they start zipping around the room, smashing into things (Tony included), and he gets slammed with some pieces in his nuts and in his back, with the mask the last piece ready to strike. “I’m not scared of you,” Stark says defiantly to the hovering mask. The mask charges, Tony does a sweet flip, the mask clicks on, Iron Man sticks the landing, and strikes a bad ass pose. Then the Marvel logo comes up.

Quote:
I knew about the spoiler for the headless mark 4, just thought it was cool. But looking closley at the new RTlooks a lot different to me. In avengers it was the circle with the triangle in the middle, this looks just like a plain old circle.
The main design will always be circular. It's just the inner design that changes

It looks more Octagonal triangular

Old 10-21-2012, 08:46 PM   #158
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

I think you guys should look closer at the RT because I think I may be something you guys arent or perhaps I'm blind.

Old 10-21-2012, 08:50 PM   #159
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That's what I'm really worried about. When Mandy blow up the mansion, Dum-E and U are gonna be sitting ducks. And what about Butterfingers?!? Losing them will be devastating. Tony loves them like children....
Stark can rebuild them. He has the technology. Better than they were before. Better. Stronger. Faster.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 10-21-2012, 08:51 PM   #160
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
I think you guys should look closer at the RT because I think I may be something you guys arent or perhaps I'm blind.
That actually looks quite a bit different. Looks like the combined the triangular center of the RT Mark III with the signature outer rim design of the RT Mark I and II

Old 10-21-2012, 08:53 PM   #161
Mr. Stark
Put On The Suit!

Quote:
That actually looks quite a bit different. Looks like the combined the triangular center of the RT Mark III with the signature outer rim design of the RT Mark I and II
Whatever it is.....I like it

Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #162
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Is it just me or is that 3 second flying clip better than all of the other flying scenes we've seen so far in the MCU? Looks good to me!
Also, I really hope we get a real aerial battle instead of iron man being chased.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #163
marty mcfly
Nobody calls me chicken

I'm sure this flick will be great but I'm really curious about the decision to change the armor's colors so drastically. I love the design of the suit, I just don't think it looks as intimidating anymore because of those creamy colors.

Again, I'm sure everything will be awesome, just wondering why make such a huge change.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #164
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm starting to believe Roger Wardell now. One of his scoops was that Pepper's arc in this movie would be filled with twists, and based on this preview it looks like that'll happen. Along with his Falcon and Winter Soldier scoops being revealed by him before they were officially revealed, and the fact that none of his scoops have been debunked, there's no reason to not believe him.
https://twitter.com/RogerWardell#

Until he gets proven wrong about what he says, I'm just gonna take his word for it.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 10-21-2012, 09:23 PM   #165
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Wonder if he can fly without using his hand repulsors this time too?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #166
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I'm starting to believe Roger Wardell now. One of his scoops was that Pepper's arc in this movie would be filled with twists, and based on this preview it looks like that'll happen. Along with his Falcon and Winter Soldier scoops being revealed by him before they were officially revealed, and the fact that none of his scoops have been debunked, there's no reason to not believe him.

Until he gets proven wrong about what he says, I'm just gonna take his word for it.

He's actually been right about dome stuff, but wrong, more or less, too. So. IDK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Wonder if he can fly without using his hand repulsors this time too?
I doubt it. There's no jet-pack incorporated into the armor this time, so, I don't see it happening. It was explained that the jet-pack was the only reason he could do that last time.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #167
MynAmeIsedDie90
Devourer of Worlds

Are there any sources on how they're going to do mandarin?

Last edited by MynAmeIsedDie90; 10-21-2012 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Accidentally posted twice
Old 10-21-2012, 09:46 PM   #168
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

So we're supposed to be getting a poster tomorrow, correct?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #169
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:

I'm not sure I follow. First of all, "filled with twists" is about as generic a prediction as you can get. Second, how is that one shot of her confirmation of a twist?

Old 10-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #170
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
He's actually been right about dome stuff, but wrong, more or less, too. So. IDK.
No, he hasn't been proven wrong about anything yet. The only thing that could be considered wrong is that Anna Kendrick was the front runner for the female lead in Cap 2, but the fact that that was also reported by other big time websites makes me think it was true. Everything else he's tweeted has either come true (Falcon/Winter Soldier) seem more likely to happen because of recent reports (Surtur having a presence/Zemo being string puller/Hugo Weaving not sure about coming back) or are still up in the air.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I'm not sure I follow. First of all, "filled with twists" is about as generic a prediction as you can get. Second, how is that one shot of her confirmation of a twist?
"Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns" is the exact quote, and that one shot of her has all of tumblr in a tizzy so it was definitely surprising to a lot of people. Her roles in Iron Man and Iron Man 2 didn't have anything like that one shot in the preview had so that's not exactly a generic prediction.

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 10-21-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:54 PM   #171
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well here's to hoping that this film actually explains on why SHIELD, let alone any of the Earth based Avengers aren't dropping by to help Tony during this mess. I'm actually curious how they'll go about it.

Old 10-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #172
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
So we're supposed to be getting a poster tomorrow, correct?
Yes. I think at 9:00am PST.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:01 PM   #173
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
"Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns" is the exact quote, and that one shot of her has all of tumblr in a tizzy so it was definitely surprising to a lot of people. Her roles in Iron Man and Iron Man 2 didn't have anything like that one shot in the preview had so that's not exactly a generic prediction.
Sorry, but Roger is going to have to come up with something a little less general than that before I'll believe him. You can't take Tumblr getting in a tizzy as confirmation of anything. To them, a shot of RDJ buying an apple is good for a thousand reblogs at least.

Nearly everybody on the Cap forums predicted Falcon in Cap 2. Same for Winter Soldier.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:09 PM   #174
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Sorry, but Roger is going to have to come up with something a little less general than that before I'll believe him. You can't take Tumblr getting in a tizzy as confirmation of anything. To them, a shot of RDJ buying an apple is good for a thousand reblogs at least.

Nearly everybody on the Cap forums predicted Falcon in Cap 2. Same for Winter Soldier.
I'm just saying, when I saw that shot in the trailer it reminded me of Wardell's tweet about her role in the film. Even if most of his scoops have been general, there's still no reason to not believe him other than just being a random guy. I guess we'll find out sooner or later anyway.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:10 PM   #175
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you saw Pepper running from what appears to be Iron Monger in a quick teaser of the first Iron Man you'd probably think she had a role full of twists in that movie as well.

All I'm saying is she could just be in distress like the damsel that she is.

Closed Thread