Straight Edge Knight

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Thanks. I'm digging the new name.
thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
And by "official, full theatrical trailer," do you mean the one we're likely getting in December? Because my guess is that won't be the first full theatrical trailer. I think we'll be getting a bigger teaser, something significantly more substantial than this summer's theatrical teaser, but aesthetically more akin to the SDCC teaser.

I see MOS' trailer release schedule/approach being similar to that of Abrams' Star Trek:

The first teaser for that film, though cool, was more of an elaborate announcement piece, featured no actual footage from the film, and was released way ahead of the film (early 2008, I think). Their next trailer was released in November 2008, and was a really fun, flashy, dynamic piece showing a lot of film's imagery, but featured nothing of the film's actual plot. The next trailer was not released until March 2009, two months before the film's release.
no, I think we will get a full trailer. while it doesn't have to be too plot heavy, it does need to be longer and show more than the 1st teaser.

A 2nd trailer can come next spring.

If WB gets lazy and just slaps the initial teaser in front of Hobbit, then.........

Assuming the trailer will be attached with Hobbit, Hobbit will be big. it will put butts in seats. it's a perfect opportunity to showcase your next blockbuster.

a "teaser" won't do it. you need a trailer, something more in line with the SDCC trailer. it needs to be big and make people go "WOW!! It's Superman!! "

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #252
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Looking at the MoS trailer's footage and then looking at IM3's stuff I just can't get over how much stronger the visuals appear to be in the Superman footage.

That boat house, and the barn and the sailing scenes. It's just much more grounded and sprawling. Every time I see these shots of Ironman laying or walking in the snow it just screams Mirror Mirror caliber sound stage work. Marvel has consistently fallen short on this front for me. From Faverau to Thor(TnT) to much of Cap(the worst for me). For me personally this entire universe has had sort of a made for TV vibe. Avengers helped ironically.

I'd kill for those shots of stark in the snow to be white out atmosphere with blood oozing from his suit and staining the snow. Instead it's that surface level marvel stuff I've been getting. Long story short, I'm more impressed with the MoS visual direction at this point. Much stronger. I hope this remains consistent with the Metropolis and Krypton locations.
A million times yes

Old 10-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #253
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

and speaking of Hobbit, I just looked, and it looks like the 1st trailer was released last December. So that's a full year before the movie's release. And that was a full trailer, not just a teaser.

In December, that will be around half a year until MOS' release next June. a full trailer is due by then...........

I bet you, most people do NOT know a new Superman is coming out, let alone coming out next year.

Starting in December and the beginning of next year, the marketing machine really needs to start ramping up.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-24-2012, 10:22 PM   #254
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Looking at the MoS trailer's footage and then looking at IM3's stuff I just can't get over how much stronger the visuals appear to be in the Superman footage.

That boat house, and the barn and the sailing scenes. It's just much more grounded and sprawling. Every time I see these shots of Ironman laying or walking in the snow it just screams Mirror Mirror caliber sound stage work. Marvel has consistently fallen short on this front for me. From Faverau to Thor(TnT) to much of Cap(the worst for me). For me personally this entire universe has had sort of a made for TV vibe. Avengers helped ironically.

I'd kill for those shots of stark in the snow to be white out atmosphere with blood oozing from his suit and staining the snow. Instead it's that surface level marvel stuff I've been getting. Long story short, I'm more impressed with the MoS visual direction at this point. Much stronger. I hope this remains consistent with the Metropolis and Krypton locations.
I just loved the MOS teaser !

We already know what Snyder could do, but wanted to see if he could make a movie set in a relatively "grounded" world, which is what the teaser showed us.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 10-25-2012, 01:48 AM   #255
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I too expected that we would get some action-heavy, special-effects driven teaser with some rock soundtrack for MOS with TDKR. But seeing what we got pretty much sealed Zack Snyder as the perfect choice for me. It's a respectful beautifully shot imagery that encapsulates Superman perfectly. I think it stands not just as a teaser but as something I'll turn to to watch even after the movie comes out for a quick dose of inspiration.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:58 AM   #256
superhero#1
Side-Kick

You won't be hearing rock music with the next trailer either are the one after that.The music will be brand new from hans zimmer.

Old 10-25-2012, 03:34 AM   #257
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I just loved the MOS teaser !

We already know what Snyder could do, but wanted to see if he could make a movie set in a relatively "grounded" world, which is what the teaser showed us.
All you had to do was watch his Dawn of The Dead.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 10-25-2012, 03:41 AM   #258
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:

Word.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #259
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I hope that Snyder was able to get some good reaction shots from the extras during what I'm guessing to be an attack on the city by Zod or some sort for this part in the film.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsoGhMeFeY

Hell, I'd be happy if he could just have ONE thing in common with Michael Bay and that is filming some great disaster/attack on the city scenes. I'm not a fan of most of Bay's work, but when it comes to scenes detailing the suffering and sadness that would be present when a city has been attacked and people are shown dealing with the aftermath or during the carnage, that guy knows how to do that well.

Old 10-25-2012, 04:31 AM   #260
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Hadn't seen that set footage before. Based on the clip from comic-con it looked like it had 'Cloverfield'-esque cinematography for the Metropolis destruction.

I do honestly wonder, and I don't mean to hype it to a point where I'll only be let down next June, but this really could be the staple superhero film. There's so many of the right pieces in place. And there's been so many of the genre in the last decade to draw from and crystalize into the purest form whilst still being another origin story.

I know people will say The Dark Knight and I'd agree for being a cultural phenomenon, but it was still much more of a cerebral crime thriller/drama then full-on superheroism.

But honestly if MOS is like Batman Begins or TDKR quality with next-level WETA effects I will be more than satisfied.

Last edited by Smallville13; 10-25-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 AM   #261
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, I hope that Snyder was able to get some good reaction shots from the extras during what I'm guessing to be an attack on the city by Zod or some sort for this part in the film.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXsoGhMeFeY

Hell, I'd be happy if he could just have ONE thing in common with Michael Bay and that is filming some great disaster/attack on the city scenes. I'm not a fan of most of Bay's work, but when it comes to scenes detailing the suffering and sadness that would be present when a city has been attacked and people are shown dealing with the aftermath or during the carnage, that guy knows how to do that well.
haven't seen that before.

We know that Michael Bay's DOP who worked on Transformers 3, is working with Snyder, so I expect really good cinematography shots and with Hans Zimmer doing the score, it just couldn't get better.

(then of course there is director known for his visuals and story by David Goyer and Chris Nolan.)

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 AM   #262
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
haven't seen that before.

We know that Michael Bay's DOP who worked on Transformers 3, is working with Snyder, so I expect really good cinematography shots and with Hans Zimmer doing the score, it just couldn't get better.

(then of course there is director known for his visuals and story by David Goyer and Chris Nolan.)
And then and then....

We have WETA in charge of handling the visual effects, we have several talented and well known stars in both supporting and major roles in the film, and Cavill seems to have more people confident in his ability to deliver in the role from both fans and colleagues than any other past contender for the role....

But yeah, there were some great "Disaster/People reacting in horror" shots from Transformers 3; I really hope some of those shots are brought/transitioned over into the film if the story calls for something like it.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 AM   #263
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
But yeah, there were some great "Disaster/People reacting in horror" shots from Transformers 3; I really hope some of those shots are brought/transitioned over into the film if the story calls for something like it.
I do wonder if you just sorta have to deal with what you get in the shots with dozens of extras. I mean I can't imagine they can just keep re-shooting until they're happy with everyone's expressions on the day. They probably digitally alter some people's faces in post if they don't look convincing enough. But it must be hell to choreograph. Credit to Michael Bay.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:21 AM   #264
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Okay....so now "The Wolverine", which is set to be released a month after MOS has just gotten a Empire Magazine spot and debuted another official photo from the actual film.....I know I know...I'm sure some will be going: "Why is he complaining again about this".lol....but it's just aggravating that we haven't had any signs of MOS for quite awhile...no real news updates.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 AM   #265
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Okay....so now "The Wolverine", which is set to be released a month after MOS has just gotten a Empire Magazine spot and debuted another official photo from the actual film.....I know I know...I'm sure some will be going: "Why is he complaining again about this".lol....but it's just aggravating that we haven't had any signs of MOS for quite awhile...no real news updates.
But.. there is still Thor 2 which has not released any official pics and teaser, as long as MOS releases it's trailer before that, it is no big deal.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 10-25-2012 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:00 AM   #266
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
But.. there is still Thor 2 which has not released any official pics and teaser, as long as MOS releases it's trailer before that, it is no big deal.
Thor 2 comes out next November so it's understandable that they don't have anything to show at the moment or won't have anything to show for quite awhile.

Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #267
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:

Can only agree. The Avengers-universe just is too fluffy allround. The MOS SDCC-footage didnt even have that much FX-shots, or maybe it did and it just didnt feel that intrusive. In the end it still came out a helluva lot more interesting and intense visually than say the teaser for IM3.

I hope they keep it elegant and spartan even in the big loud scenes.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 AM   #268
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Thor 2 comes out next November so it's understandable that they don't have anything to show at the moment or won't have anything to show for quite awhile.
I know, i was just joking.

I am still not sure about the color tone that they are going with for MOS.

For example, look how different Batman Begins, Superman Returns, TDK and TDKR are, in terms of color palette. ( hell, even Green Lantern.)

The first photo of Cavill was rather desaturated looking, the teaser was too short to get any idea.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 10-25-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:27 AM   #269
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
They'll probably drop a nice christmas-bomb with the full trailer and some official promos and/or artwork, plus articles.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:54 AM   #270
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
They'll probably drop a nice christmas-bomb with the full trailer and some official promos and/or artwork, plus articles.
At least that's what we all REALLY FREAKING WANT.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 10-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #271
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
I feel your pain. lol However, I do like the image that they've released. What I would like is for the official shots of Supes to look like they came from scenes in the movie. Not those hey pose like this, can you turn your head this way kind. More reactive shots. Cavill already looks like Superman without trying. His images could look more natural. A part of what killed SR for me (my apologies but it just so easy for reference sake) was how forced the promo pictures came across.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:31 AM   #272
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
A part of what killed SR for me (my apologies but it just so easy for reference sake) was how forced the promo pictures came across.
Whoever was hired for the promo pictures of SR did a horrible job, I have never seen as many badly posed, badly composed photos ever.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 10-25-2012, 09:34 AM   #273
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post

Old 10-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #274
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Whoever was hired for the promo pictures of SR did a horrible job, I have never seen as many badly posed, badly composed photos ever.
Right? I mean Singer and co had to have known those were bad... They just had to. Idk... With HC giving such great Superman face and looking like a man in the revised suit, I think some great shots are possible.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM   #275
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
probably same people who did gl promo pics that made reynolds and lively look like a cw photoshoot lol

Closed Thread