The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 01:44 AM   #126
superhero#1
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 14

They been in post production almost 9 months now.So they been working on the cgi for 9 months now?When the trailer come in December that would be almost 1 year in post production.Do it really take that long.How much time and money can they spend on cgi.I tell you what, If they still working on the cgi the budget must be 400million dollars.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:53 AM   #127
Project862006
Banned User

^snyder always spends a year in post

watchmen wrapped in feb.2008 did'nt come out till march 2009

Old 10-22-2012, 06:02 AM   #128
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Man, with Iron Man 3's trailer coming out soon (with actual action shots appearing to be present in the film) along with them releasing some new stills as of late, I'm getting more impatient for MOS.lol

I don't know if it's just the Superman fan in me or the fact that we all know that this film was completed way in advance than most films that are set to be released before it, but I just want to see something official and new that's exciting and not just more "sources" or "expo infos" or even toy commercials.

I want some new stills for crying out loud and some kind of legit info that might tell us that we can hopefully expect some new footage and new info about the film sometime before the year is done.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:06 AM   #129
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

It's going to be really hard not to compare marketing strategies, but i'm going to try and not get too impatient with them... within reason..

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 AM   #130
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It's going to be really hard not to compare marketing strategies, but i'm going to try and not get too impatient with them... within reason..
lol. indeed.

And I know it's very narrow minded of me, but a part of me is still disappointed that we aren't getting this film out within two months like it was originally planned.

This film needs to start building up a lot of anticipation for the general audiences as well; I'm hoping that they aren't relying on Nolan's name, let alone Superman's name (like Singer had done for SR) to bring in the mass.

With even the smallest possibility of a JLA film on the horizon that could threaten to really mess things up for MOS in the future, and not knowing on how MOS will fare within a crowded summer of anticipated blockbusters, it could be easy to get lost into worrying about the film at times.lol

Old 10-22-2012, 06:25 AM   #131
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I guess it at least shows that since WB is releasing MOS against a new Pixar film and World War Z and god knows what else in the June that they are are confident with the product. That's a good sign. If they were trying to to go for a quiet period to maximize box office I'm not sure what that says about the quality of the film.

Surely there's gonna be plenty of hype leading up to the trailer I hope. Maybe an EW magazine piece? Do we think they'll do a Superbowl ad?

Old 10-22-2012, 07:05 AM   #132
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^snyder always spends a year in post

watchmen wrapped in feb.2008 did'nt come out till march 2009
Zack was working ahead of his actual production timeline, which was to finish in November. At least he was up until just before summer. So it could be quite possible there is a complete, or nearly complete version of the film in Zack's house, or at a WB Studio.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #133
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Surely there's gonna be plenty of hype leading up to the trailer I hope. Maybe an EW magazine piece? Do we think they'll do a Superbowl ad?

That would be a great market! Think about it... You have the chick flick vote if you put one in front of Twilight in Nov (Ulterior motive there hehe... ), You have the geek vote with Hobbit (Let's be honest both movies will seat geeks) and you then have the mixed bag house hold vote with the Super Bowl (Especially if you have two fan favorites going against each other for the crown). That's 3 corners covered (2 out of 3 for places outside the US) That's smart stuff. Where the forth comes in is HBO's 24/7. hahaha jk But one has to admit that show really makes you want to watch a fight that you had no intension of viewing. Think of it, an HBO's 24/7 with Superman in one camp and Zod in the other. Lol epic! Ok, I digress. So, with these three markets tagged it's all up to the trailer to do the rest.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Last edited by The Shield; 10-22-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM   #134
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Zack was working ahead of his actual production timeline, which was to finish in November. At least he was up until just before summer. So it could be quite possible there is a complete, or nearly complete version of the film in Zack's house, or at a WB Studio.
Time to organize a raid on Zack's house then? Band together SHH members!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:49 AM   #135
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Man, with Iron Man 3's trailer coming out soon (with actual action shots appearing to be present in the film) along with them releasing some new stills as of late, I'm getting more impatient for MOS.lol

I don't know if it's just the Superman fan in me or the fact that we all know that this film was completed way in advance than most films that are set to be released before it, but I just want to see something official and new that's exciting and not just more "sources" or "expo infos" or even toy commercials.

I want some new stills for crying out loud and some kind of legit info that might tell us that we can hopefully expect some new footage and new info about the film sometime before the year is done.
I feel the same way.

it almost feels like WB's is trying their hardest NOT to promote the film.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-22-2012, 10:53 AM   #136
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
I feel the same way.

it almost feels like WB's is trying their hardest NOT to promote the film.......
How is that? The film comes out in June. Why the hell would they start promoting so early? They have already done enough for the time being: putting up a teaser before TDKR.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:29 AM   #137
Zorex
No T, No Shade

It never ceases to confuse a how people think that WB is actively trying to not market the film. Let us just pause for a second and consider how idiotic that sounds. We're talking many millions of dollars being poured into this thing. There is a plan, there is a schedule. Stop comparing it to this film or that film's marketing schedules. Different films, different franchises, different studios. All films are not produced and released by the same people, in the same way, to the same results. I know a lot of fans think that the studios owe them tribute, but that's not how it works. Relax. Pictures will come, trailers will come, the movie will come.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:37 AM   #138
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

They really need to go all out with the marketing for the film. I want red and blue Superman cereal damn it. I want Superman merchandise everywhere. I want toy commercials all over Cartoon Network.

Don't wuss out WB.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #139
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well, I was being a bit sarcastic..........

but, I figured we'd have at least a few more stills by now, plus some more story info.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #140
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I mean they don't need to start marketing the film right now, but they do need to go big when they do.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2012, 11:57 AM   #141
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

well, hopefully, we are only a month or so away from the 1st real trailer with the Hobbit, and hopefully that will kick off the marketing campaign for MOS.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:08 PM   #142
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
well, hopefully, we are only a month or so away from the 1st real trailer with the Hobbit, and hopefully that will kick off the marketing campaign for MOS.
Yeah, it just this movie feels like our last shot. That's why even though I realise we won't get it, I wish WB would go Batman '89 style with the marketing.

Quote:

Last edited by Wheels; 10-22-2012 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #143
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
Yeah, it just this movie just feels like our last shot. That's why even though I realise we won't get it, I wish WB would go Batman '89 style with the marketing.
lol Yeah I feel the same way. It's funny bc it's true. People already think Supes is boring because of what they've seen on film and tv. We know better. But for the non fans, if they don't land it with the Superman it appears we're getting... it's a wrap for a long time.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 10-22-2012, 12:45 PM   #144
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, it just this movie just feels like our last shot. That's why even though I realise we won't get it, I wish WB would go Batman '89 style with the marketing.
As I recall… the early marketing for B89 consisted of a buzz-generating trailer (at Christmas, for a June release) and graphically ambiguous posters of the “bat symbol” (which many mistook for a gaping cartoon “mouth” with yellow teeth).

Old 10-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #145
Alchemy Arcade
Side-Kick

Quote:
They really need to go all out with the marketing for the film. I want red and blue Superman cereal damn it.
Yes, and with marshmellows!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:53 PM   #146
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

yknow if Hopkins ever needs replacing, Crowe would be an aight Odin.

on-topic: All WB needs to do is show that bank-vault clip in a teaser and people will start to see this movie as having next-level stuff. Kinda like the Super Bowl trailer for TA, only simpler. Seriously, that one shot is what turned me from dubious (havent like a Snyder movie since Dawn) to cautiously optimistic.

Probably repeating myself here. Apologies.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #147
Alchemy Arcade
Side-Kick

It does feel like they're going with the TDKR marketing approach where we'll get a little, then long stretches of silence until a month and a half before the release when they give us all the marketing we've been craving between gaps.

I know it's too early to tell if my guess is right, so I hope I'm wrong.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:03 PM   #148
protocida
Side-Kick

It'd be cool to have a poster before December.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #149
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
As I recall… the early marketing for B89 consisted of a buzz-generating trailer (at Christmas, for a June release) and graphically ambiguous posters of the “bat symbol” (which many mistook for a gaping cartoon “mouth” with yellow teeth).
No. I mean I hate to say it but what I mean is, they need to be marketing whores when tt comes to this movie. Fast food deals, soda deals and whatever else.

Quote:

Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM   #150
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hope WB starts the bandwagon a bit early... they ought to start releasing official stills and a new teaser poster by this time next month (like Iron Man 3 is doing now). It won't hurt to throw people a bone a bit earlier and get the word out.

"Come Think With Us."
Closed Thread