The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #726
Reek
Pork Sausage

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread

yea.. ill suspend belief for now, but the paint washing off looks like a possibility... or maybe Diggle is like 'dude the paint isnt gonna work, wear a mask.. ya dig?'

that could actually be a little story, adapting to wearing a mask... kind of like how they addressed the odd timing of Arrow showing up as Oliver returns... something BB should have addressed.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #727
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
anyone else think oliver should just wear a mask under the hood instead of paint? im guessing that is how Laurel or speedy is going to find out eventually... rain, water, whatever.. somehow the paint will wash off.
It's not like they ever get a clear look at his face.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #728
Deathstroke
Banned User

Another point, added to my previous one, is that this episode established that Oliver and Laurel grew up together as children, like Bruce and Rachel.

She mentioned they were on an 8th grade field trip together. Seems strange considering Queen is from a billionaire family. He should have been sent to some super rich private school.

Even stranger is they're establishing that Oliver and Laurel (Dinah) were childhood friends.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:35 PM   #729
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
Another point, added to my previous one, is that this episode established that Oliver and Laurel grew up together as children, like Bruce and Rachel.

She mentioned they were on an 8th grade field trip together. Seems strange considering Queen is from a billionaire family. He should have been sent to some super rich private school.

Even stranger is they're establishing that Oliver and Laurel (Dinah) were childhood friends.
Well, seeing as how Laurel's non-work-related circle of friends seem to include Ollie and Merlyn, I think it's a safe bet that she is of that world to a certain extent. Perhaps her mother was fairly well off on her side of the family?

Old 11-08-2012, 05:37 PM   #730
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

I wanna see Black Canary eventually!

Old 11-08-2012, 05:42 PM   #731
Deathstroke
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Well, seeing as how Laurel's non-work-related circle of friends seem to include Ollie and Merlyn, I think it's a safe bet that she is of that world to a certain extent. Perhaps her mother was fairly well off on her side of the family?
Who knows. This is why I wasn't a fan of them having a past relationship without giving us the proper context.

It almost reminds me of the halfassed stuff in Green Lantern where we're supposed to believe Hal, Carol and Hector were all childhood friends, though that one makes more sense.

Interesting change that they've kept her mother (presumably Dinah Drake) alive. She's usually dead, as she was Black Canary I. Maybe they have a new plan for her in this version. Perhaps shes something else.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #732
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Who's gonna be Ollie's "Joker"?Tommy?Can't say he looks like the type that "wants to watch the world burn."

Old 11-08-2012, 05:56 PM   #733
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Who's gonna be Ollie's "Joker"?Tommy?Can't say he looks like the type that "wants to watch the world burn."
It could end up being either Veritgo or a returning Deathstroke.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #734
Nathan

I so hope that Deathstroke will be a big and returning character. I don't want him to be killed off in flashbacks. He's too big a character to be killed off on some godforsaken island and never appear again.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 PM   #735
KingMadness
Side-Kick

I love how in this series we really haven't gotten a closer look into Tommy Merlyn's life. Or a look at his life AT ALL. I suspect we won't get a good glimpse into Tommy's inner-workings until the big reveal. Just supports my theory that the guy is already working for the league of shadows and keeping an eye on Ollie to see if he will interfere with certain plans.

Notice how we know nothing about the guy, like they are keeping him distant on purpose. Use your common sense guys. He's not turning into Merlyn the archer, HE IS MERLYN THE ARCHER

Old 11-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #736
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

I'd be all for that.I don't think they should go with a prolonged "turn to the dark side" with Tommy.

But this show hasn't seemed to drag it's feet with anything,so I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #737
Nathan

Ok, what do I not know about Tommy, that people are discussing his turn to evil?

Old 11-08-2012, 06:40 PM   #738
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
Laurel already gets too much focus.

Enough is enough. If anything, they need to downplay her. She doesn't deserve to be the second lead of this show. Give Diggs her screen time.

Giving Oliver a steady love interest right off the bat was weak. Making it so they've had this past relationship is even stranger. It ruined some the magic of Green Arrow/Black Canary's relationship.

They shouldn't have turned Dinah into Rachel Dawes.
Her characterization so far is really weak. Episode 1 she hates him for what he has done but by Episode 2 they're having ice cream at her apartment. Its pretty obvious they want her to be the love interest and fall for him again but give it some breathing room.

Quote:
anyone else think oliver should just wear a mask under the hood instead of paint? im guessing that is how Laurel or speedy is going to find out eventually... rain, water, whatever.. somehow the paint will wash off.
There is no point to the paint because anyone able to look that deep under his mask can recognize him immediately. No need for it to wash off. Diggs needs to point out how moronic it is.

Spill

Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #739
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
I love how in this series we really haven't gotten a closer look into Tommy Merlyn's life. Or a look at his life AT ALL. I suspect we won't get a good glimpse into Tommy's inner-workings until the big reveal. Just supports my theory that the guy is already working for the league of shadows and keeping an eye on Ollie to see if he will interfere with certain plans.

Notice how we know nothing about the guy, like they are keeping him distant on purpose. Use your common sense guys. He's not turning into Merlyn the archer, HE IS MERLYN THE ARCHER
I'm not seeing the logic there.

We haven't seen much about Tommy because it's not necessary yet. He's Ollie's fun-loving best friend and there are more important grounds to cover.

It's like saying Laurel's co-worker friend is a White Martian because, c'mon, all she does is work and talk about guys.

Old 11-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #740
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I'm actually fine with the face paint. Whenever people see a picture of Robin, they always ask the same question. "How does such a small mask keep people from recognizing him?" I think the face paint and domino mask afford about the same amount of ID protection. And at least Ollie has the hood.

It'd be interesting to see his identity go public at some point.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #741
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Ok, what do I not know about Tommy, that people are discussing his turn to evil?
His name is Tommy Merlyn. Merlyn is the name of Green Arrow's arch enemy in the comic.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 11-08-2012, 10:56 PM   #742
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wait until Huntress shows up as she wears a mask.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #743
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

Hey everyone, I could really use your help again as I try to advance into the finals: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=400881

Old 11-09-2012, 01:25 AM   #744
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I like the face paint, i do worry a mask might look dodgy tbh but I like the idea that he might introduce different things as he goes on like the mask, shows the evolution from rookie hero to full superhero.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 11-09-2012, 02:01 AM   #745
Human Torch
I Can't Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Hey everyone, I could really use your help again as I try to advance into the finals: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=400881
Ok Squirrel.Play something nice on the mandolin,though,alright?

Old 11-09-2012, 02:49 AM   #746
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I'd be all for that.I don't think they should go with a prolonged "turn to the dark side" with Tommy.

But this show hasn't seemed to drag it's feet with anything,so I guess we'll find out sooner rather than later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
I'm not seeing the logic there.

We haven't seen much about Tommy because it's not necessary yet. He's Ollie's fun-loving best friend and there are more important grounds to cover.

It's like saying Laurel's co-worker friend is a White Martian because, c'mon, all she does is work and talk about guys.
The only thing about the character that's caught my attention if the fact that he wasn't unconscious when both he and Oliver were abducted by the thugs hired by Moira in the first episode. He must know something or at least be suspicious of Oliver by now but hasn't shown any signs of it.

On a side note, anyone else feel like that the guy that plays Meryln has some sort of a resemblance with Ewan McGreggor?lol

Old 11-09-2012, 08:48 AM   #747
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

This show is awesome.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #748
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
His name is Tommy Merlyn. Merlyn is the name of Green Arrow's arch enemy in the comic.
I just read this Merlyn dude is another Archer. And I can't see Tommy as another badass Archer. If he turns evil, I wonder what they'll do with him.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:53 AM   #749
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

I agree with someone that his facial hair is a dead give-away and that he needs to do something so that he can operate in lit areas and during the day if needed. It's not like he has a cowl and his face is covered up completely. All someone has to do is knock his hood back and he is exposed, not like the face paint is that concealing.

He either needs a fake mustache and goatee that is blonde to put on, or a green cloth/bandana to put on his face/eye and he needs to adapt a face mask to so that he doesn't always have to wear the hood.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 11-09-2012 at 09:13 AM.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #750
Nathan

Cover his mouth and make him look awesome like this.

Closed Thread