Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 08:59 AM   #251
magneto23
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/januar...en-first-class

That's okay, January. We weren't hoping you'd return.
I was. I want the least amount of change as possible. We need more consistency even if that means bringing back a few sub par actresses/actors. I fu#king can't stand loose ends. And if Singer/Kinberg just drop her character from the FC world, then that will leave us with a loose end. The characters absence, and however they try to explain it, will just come off as cheap and sloppy.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #252
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I agree 100%
It would be like Lando not returning for ROTJ or something. I mean the movie ended with her joining Magneto...there's no other way around that. I hope crying fans who didn't like January didn't convince the producers to drop her. I HATE recasting..I had just posted this elsewhere....

Last edited by Great Mind(s); 01-24-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #253
psyonic
X-Man

For all we know, the majority of FC cast isn't returning if we're just going by the reason that none of them have been contacted yet.. chances are they have and are just denying it because they're under contract not to say anything.

At least JJ knows the title of the next X-Men movie and what is going on with trilogy cast members returning, maybe she knows more than she is letting on. I can't see them cutting out Emma Frost since she is the only one that can take on Xavier. If Emma returns I'm sure JJ will reprise.

Notice how she doesn't say anything about wanting to be in it, she just "doesn't know". I think it's a clue that she's already in and denying knowing anything about DoFP.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #254
Great Mind(s)
Broken

She does seem to know details about the film, more than Patrick Stewart did, so ... maybe she's playing.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #255
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Notice how she doesn't say anything about wanting to be in it, she just "doesn't know". I think it's a clue that she's already in and denying knowing anything about DoFP.
good point

Old 01-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #256
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magneto23 View Post
I was. I want the least amount of change as possible. We need more consistency even if that means bringing back a few sub par actresses/actors. I fu#king can't stand loose ends. And if Singer/Kinberg just drop her character from the FC world, then that will leave us with a loose end. The characters absence, and however they try to explain it, will just come off as cheap and sloppy.
If they did have Emma in it, it wouldn't have to be January. Avengers still had consistency, despite having a different Banner. That was because the character was the same, and it would be the same for Frost.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:43 AM   #257
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I don't get why people didn't like January, the flaws in her character was mostly in the writing and the direction. She looked great as Emma, and acted good.
She's just not a very good actress. I thought that flat delivery of hers on Mad Men was just part of her character, but then I saw how she acted basically the same way in everything else she does. She had the same problems in XFC that she does in nearly every role she plays.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #258
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
If they did have Emma in it, it wouldn't have to be January. Avengers still had consistency, despite having a different Banner. That was because the character was the same, and it would be the same for Frost.
True, but for me personally I don't want change nor do I feel like Jone's was that bad to warrant a change. I want to see the same person. If Frost is going to continue to be in these films then IMO we should, for continuity sake, be stuck with Jones for better or worse.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM   #259
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Absolutely. Because then when watching First Class and DOFP back to back, it would be...pretty lame to have two different white blonde women pretending to be the same character. I hate it. Ugh.

Old 01-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #260
The Guard
Side-Kick

But if January Jones isn't in DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, who will be bland and lifeless?

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-24-2013, 01:51 PM   #261
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
But if January Jones isn't in DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, who will be bland and lifeless?
Sentinel faces...

Old 01-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #262
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Halle Berry

Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #263
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Absolutely. Because then when watching First Class and DOFP back to back, it would be...pretty lame to have two different white blonde women pretending to be the same character. I hate it. Ugh.
How is it pretty lame? It's not even hard. Did you have a problem with Banner in The Avengers? Did that ruin the movie for you?

If not, then having someone replace January shouldn't be hard to accept.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:58 PM   #264
JP
Flame On

Quote:
Amanda Bynes as Kitty Pryde!!

Old 01-24-2013, 01:59 PM   #265
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
True, but for me personally I don't want change nor do I feel like Jone's was that bad to warrant a change. I want to see the same person. If Frost is going to continue to be in these films then IMO we should, for continuity sake, be stuck with Jones for better or worse.
I'd be down for an actress who actually looks like Emma besides being white and blonde, and can actually act the part.

Things like this should be taken seriously enough to know when a recast is needed, and not dragged down by continuity. I'd understand if they were rebooting the character completely, but if it's the same character with someone else playing her better then I don't get the problem.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #266
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I thought January was "meh". I don't think she was awful. I prefer her to Foster's portrayal of Angel.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:21 PM   #267
Alex Logan
Yes, Mr. Smith.

Quote:
Exactly. This film WAS my most anticipated movie. Now with every new piece of news I find myself caring less and less.

Quote:
No thanks, I hate recasting. Get her back and put her in the film.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #268
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People are jumping the gun way too fast.Some sites are already saying she defently
not In film.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM   #269
Angamb
Banned User

I hate recastings too

fingers crossed all this silence and "dont know if I will appear" route ends really soon

Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #270
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Halle Berry
I would consider her more "uneven", not "Bland" or "lifeless".

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #271
georgec
Not a hero

Jones' acting in First Class was some of the worst I've ever seen.

I remember rumors that she was sleeping with Vaughn. Was it confirmed he's her baby's daddy?

Maybe the sleep with the director thing didn't work on Singer because, you know.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:55 PM   #272
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'd be down for an actress who actually looks like Emma besides being white and blonde, and can actually act the part.

Things like this should be taken seriously enough to know when a recast is needed, and not dragged down by continuity. I'd understand if they were rebooting the character completely, but if it's the same character with someone else playing her better then I don't get the problem.
Was she that bad? Seriously? IMO change is annoying. I like things to stay consistent from start to finish. When I think about these X-Men movies I don't want to have to think about multiple versions of the same character from the same time period within the story. Its an unnecessary mess IMO.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:09 PM   #273
Angamb
Banned User

and a recast would mean the THIRD actress to play Emma to date.

That would be a horrible decision.

If one movie shows a poor version of a certain character, IMPROVE the role in the next one. It can be done with the right writer and director.

Bryan and Kimberg, with Millar support, can make a better job with January, even if she isnt a Oscar winner type of actress.

Many actors from most franchises arent Oscar worthy, yet the studios made sure the characters were done justice. So... Im sure Fox, Singer and January can do it too.

The same with many other characters of the franchise to date, like Cyclops, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, etc, etc.

Continuity is a magic. It shouldnt be broken..

Old 01-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #274
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

If one movie shows a poor version of a certain character, IMPROVE the role in the next one. It can be done with the right writer and director.

Bryan and Kimberg, with Millar support, can make a better job with January, even if she isnt a Oscar winner type of actress.

Many actors from most franchises arent Oscar worthy, yet the studios made sure the characters were done justice. So... Im sure Fox, Singer and January can do it too.

The same with many other characters of the franchise to date, like Cyclops, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, etc, etc.

By that logic, then casting Ellen Page as Shadowcat in X3 was a horrible decision. And Aaron Stanford as Pyro. And Kelsey Grammar as Beast. Continuity isn't "magic" nor is it necessary when it comes to casting, and this franchise proves it.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:05 PM   #275
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

Exactly. Jones isn't wining any awards. We all know that. But at least give Singer the opportunity to work with her. And how about giving the character something to do this time around. With First Class, the Frost character wasn't onscreen/involved enough for JJ to truly be a disappointment IMO.

Closed Thread