Lawrence
Hoult

Stewart
McKellen
Jackman
Paquin
Page
Ashmore
You left out Jason Flemyng for the FC cast returning. He confirmed months ago he would be back.

I guess its safe to assume that any FC members that will be back have already signed on. Especially considering the main FC cast members returning were the first to be announced and all at once.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 09:51 AM   #602
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
while this film is slowly startin to seem like a sequel to x3 i do have to wonder because vaughn had a hand in the script and was plannin to direct it and yet he has spoken out to his dislike of X3

I doubt singer would change too much from vaughn script
Are we even sure they had a script for DOFP?

I'm pretty sure Singer revealed on Twitter sometime after he signed on to direct that they had JUST begun working on the script.

Or perhaps they were just revisions.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 10:01 AM   #603
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

for me I'm confused because if The Wolverine and DoFP is set after TLS then what event triggers the distopian future from the FC time line(!?!?!?) if you have Iceman, Rogue, and Shadowcat reprising their roles.

I'm thinking of two things here, either they time jump to the 80s (include young jean, scott,storm) or maybe Rogue,Bobby,Kitty are in this film because the future is set between X2 and X3??? IDK

Old 01-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #604
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I can see Azazel .. raping.. Mystique. It may be too much...but it could be implied between movies..
Maybe he bamfs his "little red devil" right inside of her...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:22 AM   #605
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Flare View Post
for me I'm confused because if The Wolverine and DoFP is set after TLS then what event triggers the distopian future from the FC time line(!?!?!?) if you have Iceman, Rogue, and Shadowcat reprising their roles.

I'm thinking of two things here, either they time jump to the 80s (include young jean, scott,storm) or maybe Rogue,Bobby,Kitty are in this film because the future is set between X2 and X3??? IDK
Butterfly effect maybe...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:46 AM   #606
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Even though I don't particularly like the movie or the direction it went in. I'm still content with X3 being kept in canon to begin with. Origins I could definitely do without though.

Last edited by 747; 01-27-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #607
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Maybe he bamfs his "little red devil" right inside of her...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:54 AM   #608
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Even though I don't particularly like the movie or the direction it went in. I'm still content with it being kept in canon to begin with. Origins I could definitely do without though.
I feel like X3 will be viewed better in retrospect IF Days Of Future Past fixes issues, making the cure relevant to the dark future etc. X3 can be seen as the calm before the storm...

Old 01-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #609
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
While the Hobbit is definitely popular, I feel the X would fare better if the two were to face off at the box office. With the way DOFP is shaping up, I see it being one of the must see movies of 2014, where as the Hobbit will be on it's last film and will likely be suffering from the fact that they are attempting to spread ONE book over THREE films.
Either one or both will move. The Hobbit 3 will likely move to mid-December if Transcendance gets that mid-July release. DoFP will probably take up the Memorial Day spot, while Dawn of the Apes gets moved to early August.

Or if Fox really wants DoFP to do really well, they can move it to November 7th. Fox will probably want to allow plenty of post-production time so they won't have to spend through the nose like they did with X3 and FC. And early November has little competition, and it has two weeks to rack up a lot of money before HG: Mockingjay steals its thunder.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 AM   #610
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
Either one or both will move. The Hobbit 3 will likely move to mid-December if Transcendance gets that mid-July release. DoFP will probably take up the Memorial Day spot, while Dawn of the Apes gets moved to early August.

Or if Fox really wants DoFP to do really well, they can move it to November 7th. Fox will probably want to allow plenty of post-production time so they won't have to spend through the nose like they did with X3 and FC. And early November has little competition, and it has two weeks to rack up a lot of money before HG: Mockingjay steals its thunder.
I think going up against Mockingjay would be worst than going up against The Hobbit 3.

Mockingjay is, so far, the most anticipated film of 2013. Moving DOFP to November could be disastrous.

It would almost certainly be another TASM/TDKR situation.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #611
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I think going up against Mockingjay would be worst than going up against The Hobbit 3.

Mockingjay is, so far, the most anticipated film of 2013. Moving DOFP to November could be disastrous.
Don't you mean 2014? Mockingjay, Part 1 comes out November 21st... if Fox moves DoFP to November 7th, it has two whole weeks to itself. Unlike July 2014, which will start accumulating more big films in the months to come..

Lionsgate would be idiots to pit their Jennifer Lawrence franchise against an X-Men film (also featuring Ms. Lawrence) on the same weekend. They want to share the wealth as far she's concerned...

Skyfall shows that you don't have to put your franchise pics in mid-November/Thanksgiving to rack up a lot of money. An early November spot, good marketing, and movie's quality will guarantee a sizeable weekend gross.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-27-2013, 12:50 PM   #612
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Don't you mean 2014? Mockingjay, Part 1 comes out November 21st... if Fox moves DoFP to November 7th, it has two whole weeks to itself. Unlike July 2014, which will start accumulating more big films in the months to come..

Lionsgate would be idiots to pit their Jennifer Lawrence franchise against an X-Men film (also featuring Ms. Lawrence) on the same weekend. They want to share the wealth as far she's concerned...

Skyfall shows that you don't have to put your franchise pics in mid-November/Thanksgiving to rack up a lot of money. An early November spot, good marketing, and movie's quality will guarantee a sizeable weekend gross.
Yeah, I mean 2014.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #613
The Englishman
Marching On Together

I hope the X-Men get better costumes in this one.

"For England James?" "No......For me"

"The things i do for England."
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #614
NanaT
X-Men United!

With costumes I think I'd like to see Wolverine in his ultimate xmen costume with a brown jacket like in the DoFp Comic.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

If Storm was in this I would definitely want an adaptation of her uncanny X-Force costume complete with a mohawk!

Although she could have it with long hair as well!

Rogue definitely needs an adaptation of her AoA gear.

Kitty Pryde should have her classic costume

[

Iceman should be iced up most of the time so his costume won't be as important.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-27-2013, 01:27 PM   #615
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I've never been a fan of *that* Rogue costume.
Rogue hasn't had a lot of good costumes unfortunately.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #616
NanaT
X-Men United!

Yeah I know, I considered her nineties costume but I thought it would be too colourful and out there for a dystopian future.

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 01-27-2013, 01:36 PM   #617
Angamb
Banned User

Id love to see Rogue with a green cape.

it not, a long jacket like the x-trilogy, but with a more intense green

and Kitty with the yellow and blue uniform is a MUST. hopefully she travels back in time and Beast does a uniform for her

Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 PM   #618
Retroman
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Got really happy when i read the latest casting news! I didn't expect to see Ellen Page back frankly so that's a pleasant surprise.
Quote:

If Hobbit 3 moves, i hope this will increase the chances of DOFP getting an IMAX release. It would be great if a X-Men movie (and an epic one at that) could finally be seen in that format. I wonder if Singer would shoot sequences with IMAX cameras? He's said he's interested in doing so in the past, if i'm not mistaken.

Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 PM   #619
JP
Smelly

Retroman!

Old 01-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #620
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Now get on them Googles, you've got some catching up to do!

Old 01-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #621
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I'd be all for a grayed-up Wolvie, Rogue, Iceman and Kitty being the only X-Men left in the future. Still makes me wonder where older Xavier would fit in though.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #622
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

the only problem I have with that...

is that with Wolverines age factor, how old he would have to be to start showing gray, the rest of the team would be like elderly

I don't want to see original actors/actresses to return just for them to cover them in old age make up

Old 01-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #623
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

I meant for Wolvie to be the only grayed up one.

Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 PM   #624
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I'd be all for a grayed-up Wolvie, Rogue, Iceman and Kitty being the only X-Men left in the future. Still makes me wonder where older Xavier would fit in though.

Same here.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 01-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #625
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
I meant for Wolvie to be the only grayed up one.
If anything, the others would be grayed up and Wolverine would look the same age as now because of his healing factor causing him to age slower than the rest. He can't be the only grayed up one, because then the others would either be dead (which we already get in The Wolverine) or using a Zimmer frame. Rogue would have white hair with a streak of brown in it.

Closed Thread