Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

I'd take him as Northstar.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #852
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-fut...-timeline-70s/

Quote:
Will the original trilogy characters all be presented as aged versions of themselves (from a more distant future)? Or will that “future” be kept in real time – meaning, eight years after the events of X-Men 3 by the time the movie is released in 2014? We know The Wolverine will be taking place after X3 and will leave us with a “changed” Logan by the end of the film; that new improved Logan could potentially be a key player in Days of Future Past (as he was in the comic storyline) – especially since we already know Wolverine is confirmed for the film.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM   #853
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
Ratner didn't write the character. And I think the role for something so minimal was done well. His role was the film's commentary on homosexuality. How some parents wish they could just cure their children.
But Angel is still a major character in the comics. The fact that he wore a X-Men uniforms in the posters while in the movie, he did not and only got 1 scene with the X-Men was just very disappointing. I also think if they removed Angel's participation in the movie, it wouldn't hurt the film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
Yeah, he was going to participate in the final battle, he was going to pick people up and drop them .. kind of lame if you ask me.
It would be cool if he used his wings in the battle. He could twirl around and hurt his enemies with his wings, those wings are very heavy.

Quote:
To me at least they were just setting him up. The character was being introduced & he'd get more development in a sequel. We never got a sequel so we got his origin and were left hanging. I can't blame that on X3's writing but rather on the studio for not moving forward with a fourth film.
I wish FOX just moved with X-Men 4 after X3. Origin stories are interesting to watch but I seriously prefer that I watch all of the movies in order.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 02-05-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #854
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
My guess is the sequences in the future will take place 30 years after X3. Wolverine doesn't age & the kids would all be in their 40s. Magneto, like in the comic would be very elderly.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #855
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
My guess is the sequences in the future will take place 30 years after X3. Wolverine doesn't age & the kids would all be in their 40s. Magneto, like in the comic would be very elderly.
I don't think they would go that far.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #856
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I don't think they would go that far.
What do you think? 10 years?

Old 02-06-2013, 12:02 AM   #857
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

30 years is a very long time. IMO they don't have to address the gap between X3 and DOFP. They should just make it clear than its post X-3.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:00 AM   #858
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
30 years is a very long time. IMO they don't have to address the gap between X3 and DOFP. They should just make it clear than its post X-3.
Well, one of the most interesting aspects of the comic is seeing how aged and worn out the X-Men look in the future. Shuler-Donner has brought up how cool she thinks a grey-haired Jackman Wolverine would be. I doubt Singer wouldn't keep that.

In the comic, the stuff in the future happens 33 years after the events of present day. Present day for the old cast is '06 so that would make the future 2039.

I actually think the time travel stuff can be way more interesting with the film adaptation because it would mean potentially going back 66 years instead of 33. Anything 66 years in the past will be very jarring to whoever ends up getting sent back. 33 years not so much. That's why despite how good the Back to The Future films were, the stuff with Marty in the future is disappointing to watch today because the world really didn't change much in the past 30 years. No flying cars, no hover boards, no cyborg shoes/jackets...

Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 AM   #859
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

2039? Professor X and Magneto would be pretty much mummified by this point!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:12 AM   #860
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
2039? Professor X and Magneto would be pretty much mummified by this point!
Well in the comic Xavier is dead and Magneto is old as ****. Like one step shy of mummification.

Btw, I really like your posts Mrs. Vimes. I'm new here but you're def on my radar.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:28 AM   #861
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Aw thanks

Xavier may be dead in the comic but it seems that he definitely is alive in this movie. And I don't think that Magneto's appearance will be the same blink-and-miss-it as it was in the comic either.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #862
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Aw thanks

Xavier may be dead in the comic but it seems that he definitely is alive in this movie. And I don't think that Magneto's appearance will be the same blink-and-miss-it as it was in the comic either.
Yeah, Singer won't be following the comic one hundred percent. I still think you can't justify a grey-haired Wolverine if it takes place just a few years after X3 & The Wolverine where he looks like a man in his prime.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:03 AM   #863
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Well, one of the most interesting aspects of the comic is seeing how aged and worn out the X-Men look in the future. Shuler-Donner has brought up how cool she thinks a grey-haired Jackman Wolverine would be. I doubt Singer wouldn't keep that.

In the comic, the stuff in the future happens 33 years after the events of present day. Present day for the old cast is '06 so that would make the future 2039.

I actually think the time travel stuff can be way more interesting with the film adaptation because it would mean potentially going back 66 years instead of 33. Anything 66 years in the past will be very jarring to whoever ends up getting sent back. 33 years not so much. That's why despite how good the Back to The Future films were, the stuff with Marty in the future is disappointing to watch today because the world really didn't change much in the past 30 years. No flying cars, no hover boards, no cyborg shoes/jackets...
The movie doesn't have to follow every detail in the comic-book.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 AM   #864
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Well in the comic Xavier is dead and Magneto is old as ****. Like one step shy of mummification.

Btw, I really like your posts Mrs. Vimes. I'm new here but you're def on my radar.
But Ian Mckellan is already that way right now.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:58 AM   #865
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
marv, the 30 years difference is betweent the timeline of the present and the future.

And on the x-men franchise, the present will be the 70's, with the future being more or less our present.

its not 30 years after X3, that would mean 60 years between each timeline, too much! lol

Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 AM   #866
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
I don't think so. Anna Paquin, Ellen Page and Shawn Ashmore can't play characters in their 40s. That's too old.

The future won't be that far ahead, it wouldn't be realistic for the actors to be playing versions who are 30 years older than they looked in 2006.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM   #867
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Yeah, I don't want to see elderly Paquin, Page and Ashmore, and half dead Magneto. By that stage Professor X won't be the odd one out with a wheelchair anymore, since everyone will have one by then.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #868
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Yeah, I don't want to see elderly Paquin, Page and Ashmore, and half dead Magneto. By that stage Professor X won't be the odd one out with a wheelchair anymore, since everyone will have one by then.
Actually, Page, Paquin & Ashmore would only be in their 40s. Paquin is already 31.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:37 AM   #869
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Actually, Page, Paquin & Ashmore would only be in their 40s. Paquin is already 31.
It's still too much of a jump in time. Why would an event in 1973 not have consequences until six decades later? Be realistic, man.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #870
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Rogue and Bobby had around 20 years on X3.

30 years later would mean 50 years old Rogue and Bobby. No way Singer will do that, lol

really funny how you dont see X4 after Days of future past, but you see Singer and Fox getting Anna, Shawn and co. to look 30 years older than their last movie

Old 02-06-2013, 01:45 PM   #871
The Guard
Side-Kick

Gray hair doesn't only have to do with aging...

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 02-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #872
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Yeah I don't get why people are jumping SO FAR ahead. I'd rather the "future" timeline take place in 2014, so we can relate to some of the imagery we see, so we can relate to both timelines. The 70s, and the present. I think it would add a great perspective, especially if 2014 is a post-apocalyptic world that we know. Therefore, it'd only be...what? 5-10ish years since X-3? Allowing Xavier to come back full time, sentinels to go into production and destroy everything..yeah?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #873
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It's still too much of a jump in time. Why would an event in 1973 not have consequences until six decades later? Be realistic, man.
One theory is that it may have been the events of X3, the obliteration of hundreds of American soldiers & the island by Jean that triggered the events in the future. Jean's rampage may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Rogue and Bobby had around 20 years on X3.

30 years later would mean 50 years old Rogue and Bobby. No way Singer will do that, lol
Why is following the comic book such a stretch?

The age aspect/wear and tear is one of the best elements in Days of Future Past. Lauren Shuler Donner loves the idea of an aged Wolverine. How is Wolverine going to look aged if the film takes place just a few years after The Wolverine where the guy looks young and in his prime?

Old 02-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #874
Angamb
Banned User

I get your point marv, believe me. But think about it seriously.

Do you think Singer and specially Fox would show Anna, Ellen and Shawn looking like 50 years old mutants?

Do you really imagine the promo pics and posters everywhere with them looking that old?

A good part of the general audience would make laugh of it, and many people would skip with the movie if the returning actors are looking worse than in the original trilogy.

The general audience that know the x-men from the cartoons will want to see a good looking Rogue, Kitty, and Bobby, but if they dont see that in the trailers, pics and posters, many of them (non-hard fans) would loose interest pretty quickly

Old 02-06-2013, 05:33 PM   #875
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
One theory is that it may have been the events of X3, the obliteration of hundreds of American soldiers & the island by Jean that triggered the events in the future. Jean's rampage may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.
But then they'd just travel back and stop Jean Grey, not go back to 1973 when she wasn't even born

Quote:
Why is following the comic book such a stretch?
It can't follow the comic because there is no younger Kitty for futureKitty's mind to be transferred into. And, to be honest, it would be boring to simply follow everything as in the comic, as there would be no surprises at all.

Quote:
The age aspect/wear and tear is one of the best elements in Days of Future Past. Lauren Shuler Donner loves the idea of an aged Wolverine. How is Wolverine going to look aged if the film takes place just a few years after The Wolverine where the guy looks young and in his prime?
Simple. We know that The Wolverine leaves Logan 'forever changed' and that he encounters what the director called his 'kryptonite', suspected by many fans to be the Muramasa Blade. That would affect Wolverine's healing factor, removing his immortality, and maybe he then starts to age more rapidly and goes grey. It would also mean he could be annihilated by a Sentinel without instantly regenerating.