The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #901
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past News and Discussion

Quote:
"Obviously the First Class cast is incredible, and having Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart and Hugh Jackman interact with other cast members is going to be really exciting."
This quote from Shawn Ashmore really worries me. It makes me wonder if the three of them are going to be the time travellers. Stewart and McKellen I have no issue with being the travellers but I worry if Wolverine is interacting with both casts it's going to turn into yet ANOTHER Wolverine and the X-Men movie. I was kinda hoping we'd get another film where his role was minimized but I guess that was too much to ask for

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 AM   #902
def28
Side-Kick

Its gonna kick ass and focus on Xavier and Magneto from FC regardless.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #903
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

im slightly worried that wolverine will steal the film also but with talent like Michael Fassbender i think it could give jackman a run for his money.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 AM   #904
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think Kitty needs to be the main person from the future. Jackman should have a small but pivotal role. No more than 20 minutes or so of screen time. I think Rogue and Iceman can have small roles. Would like to see Gambit in there, with an older actor in the role.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #905
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I would prefer Kitty as well. Problem is everyone has their own preference on what they want to see, and theres alot going here with tons of fan favs. So far it looks like everyone should be more then satisfied.

This is not the movie to cut him down specifically cause fans are sick of him and overused. If hes crucuial to the plot then use him, if not then yeah give him some sick action scenes and move on to whats important. Same with other characters. Wolverine is needed in this story no matter what. If hes in the past scenes its probably cause hes one of the few besides Beast, Xavier and Magneto who are alive in both time periods so it could be that they are more forced to use Logan. Honestly, I dont see audiences having a problem with it either way. Hes popular for a reason. And the FC crew is gonna get plenty of screen time here. It should be awesome.

Last edited by def28; 02-07-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #906
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
This quote from Shawn Ashmore really worries me. It makes me wonder if the three of them are going to be the time travellers. Stewart and McKellen I have no issue with being the travellers but I worry if Wolverine is interacting with both casts it's going to turn into yet ANOTHER Wolverine and the X-Men movie. I was kinda hoping we'd get another film where his role was minimized but I guess that was too much to ask for
He hasn't read the script yet so calm the **** down.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 AM   #907
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
It still doesn't make much sense to me. So by preventing that one act of aggression in 1973, you would suddenly get a world where the human/mutant relations are just peachy and there's no way tensions would build up over the long years? Those relations were already off to the bad start by the end of First Class.

And if Magneto does something to seriously set the humans against the mutants, would humans go, "well gee we don't have the giant robot technology yet, let's just sit on it for 40 years or so?" I think that they would try to deal with the mutants with whatever means they had at their disposal, rather than waiting for some theoretical future technology.
They would deal with mutants in 1973 by passing laws and other things against them. The government wouldn't immediately start with attempted genocide. And by preventing whatever the act is, they're not saying that humans and mutants live in peace with no problems afterwards. There will always be bad mutants out there causing trouble. Just not enough to spend millions constructing giant mutant-hunting death machines.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #908
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
It still doesn't make much sense to me. So by preventing that one act of aggression in 1973, you would suddenly get a world where the human/mutant relations are just peachy and there's no way tensions would build up over the long years? Those relations were already off to the bad start by the end of First Class.

And if Magneto does something to seriously set the humans against the mutants, would humans go, "well gee we don't have the giant robot technology yet, let's just sit on it for 40 years or so?" I think that they would try to deal with the mutants with whatever means they had at their disposal, rather than waiting for some theoretical future technology.
They do try to deal with the mutants with all the means they have at their disposal. It just takes 30 years for them to master the means & for those means to get out of control.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #909
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by venus_ice View Post
Actual news

PROMETHEUS VFX Supervisor Richard Stammers Talks Collaborating with Ridley Scott, THE COUNSELOR, and Bryan Singerís X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

http://collider.com/richard-stammers...f-future-past/[/I]

Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #910
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
He hasn't read the script yet so calm the **** down.
Charming. I voice my concern in a reasonable way and manage to evoke language. Seems I'm not the one who needs to calm down.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #911
Storm22
Side-Kick

Great news about Richard Stammers. Prometheus was a gorgeous looking movie.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #912
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
In the comic, the consequences manifested three decades after the event.
No it didn't...the present would take place in 1981 when the comic was published. In the comic Kitty explains, "In 1984, a rabid anti-mutant candidate was elected president. Within a year, the first Mutant Control Act was passed. The supreme court, bless 'em, struck it down as unconstitutional.

The administration responded by reactivating the Sentinels. The robots were given an open ended program, with fatally broad parameters, to 'eliminate' the mutant menace once and for all. The Sentinels concluded that the best way to do that would be to take over the country."

So if the events that would cause the "dofp present" have already transpired in 1973 where is this mutant hating administration that wants to wipe mutants off the face of the Earth? Why would they wait so long to act? Surely it must have occurred to them that the mutant population would only grow and become more powerful...

Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 PM   #913
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
No it didn't...the present would take place in 1981 when the comic was published. In the comic Kitty explains, "In 1984, a rabid anti-mutant candidate was elected president. Within a year, the first Mutant Control Act was passed. The supreme court, bless 'em, struck it down as unconstitutional.

The administration responded by reactivating the Sentinels. The robots were given an open ended program, with fatally broad parameters, to 'eliminate' the mutant menace once and for all. The Sentinels concluded that the best way to do that would be to take over the country."

So if the events that would cause the "dofp present" have already transpired in 1973 where is this mutant hating administration that wants to wipe mutants off the face of the Earth? Why would they wait so long to act? Surely it must have occurred to them that the mutant population would only grow and become more powerful...
So maybe someone went back in time to cause the Sentinel future...

Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #914
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post

The mutant-hating administration was always there. It just didn't have the tools to really fight back.

In First Class (1962) it was Stryker's father. In Origins (1979) it was Stryker. In X-Men (presumably the 90s) it was Robert Kelly. In X2 it was Stryker again & to some extent the President for going along with Stryker's hatred. In X3 it was the whole cabinet in allowing the cure to be weaponized. After Jean decimated Alcatraz & killed hundreds of soldiers the government probably went all the way. Things seemed fine at the end of X3 with Hank becoming the Secretary of Mutant Affairs. Clearly things were not fine & unlike the earlier cases of mutant control in the past decades, the technology finally became available to go the distance.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:22 PM   #915
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I think Kitty needs to be the main person from the future. Jackman should have a small but pivotal role. No more than 20 minutes or so of screen time. I think Rogue and Iceman can have small roles. Would like to see Gambit in there, with an older actor in the role.
Kitty won't be the sole time-traveler, she's not a big character in the movies to begin with. If there's a sole time traveler it would be Wolverine, because he's the most marketable character in the series. They are selling this movie and they would wanna use their most well-known character in the movie.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 02-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #916
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I think Kitty needs to be the main person from the future. Jackman should have a small but pivotal role. No more than 20 minutes or so of screen time.

Not gonna happen. Like...ever.

You have to realize that Bryan Singer is in a position to work with the principal members of his dream cast. There's simply no way this film is not going to focus exclusively on this Wolverine/Xavier/Magneto triangle. It's been the mainstay theme for 13 years now, and expect it to continue to be.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #917
Angamb
Banned User

lord

Wolverine, Wolverine, Wolverine

open your minds a bit guys, its not that hard.

Wolverine WILL be in all the posters, teasers, trailers, spots, interviews and all. Even if he is on the future, the past, the traverler or not.

We dont need another Wolverine and friends movie. Is that what you want?

if so, ok, good luck to your franchise and beloved "x-men characters", if you support Fox and Singer giving Wolverine the main role

Old 02-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #918
magneto23
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Kitty won't be the sole time-traveler, she's not a big character in the movies to begin with. If there's a sole time traveler it would be Wolverine, because he's the most marketable character in the series. They are selling this movie and they would wanna use their most well-known character in the movie.
The movie is already "sold". There was already enough intrigue for a FC sequel on its own. Now they've combined the casts and thrown in time travel and giant robots. It doesn't matter which character is the time traveler. They don't need to sell anything.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:56 PM   #919
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
if so, ok, good luck to your franchise and beloved "x-men characters", if you support Fox and Singer giving Wolverine the main role
They cant all of a sudden switch Logan to an unimportant role with the original trilogy members involved. Its just fact and not how this franchise has been set. If they are in it then you can be pretty damn sure he is leading them more then likely with Storm. Ya gotta stop thinking he doesnt deserve time in this film because he does. Thats just how it goes with the original trilogy till he either dies or they restart the crew with Scott. If this movie deosnt put out with Sentinels VS Wolverine beccause Singer listened to the few fans who dont like him I would be a very disappointed audience member. Overall audiences love the hell out of Jackman and Wolverine. Thats not to say others wont have screen time, but for now he is pretty much in control and leading the team for the modern time/Future X Men.

When things go to 73 Xavier and Magneto will take over regardless whos the traveler. Until we know the means of time travel there is no way to determine who it is.

Last edited by def28; 02-07-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:10 PM   #920
Lightning Strykez!

Sentinels Vs. Storm is soooooooo much more entertaining though.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #921
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Sentinels Vs. Storm is soooooooo much more entertaining though.
Theres tons of potential for carnage with her. Same with everyone else if they actually show them doing **** this time. Im excited for the whole thing and for the first time Wolverine can actually be shown slicing and dicing properly.

Hope Storm is confirmed soon.

Last edited by def28; 02-07-2013 at 09:31 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #922
Lightning Strykez!

Time will tell the tale. Although I'm beginning to lose hope about Storm being confirmed.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:06 PM   #923
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Charming. I voice my concern in a reasonable way and manage to evoke language. Seems I'm not the one who needs to calm down.
It would be if you didn't constantly put down this movie with every bit of news we get. Seriously, it's getting old.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #924
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Hugh Jackman's one of the biggest stars on the planet playing one of the most popular superheroes on the same. And frankly we're damn lucky to have him. They're not going to 'minimize' anything Wolverine-related, and as long as Hugh has enthusiasm for playing the character they'd be crazy to do so.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #925
Marv
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
They cant all of a sudden switch Logan to an unimportant role with the original trilogy members involved. Its just fact and not how this franchise has been set. If they are in it then you can be pretty damn sure he is leading them more then likely with Storm. Ya gotta stop thinking he doesnt deserve time in this film because he does. Thats just how it goes with the original trilogy till he either dies or they restart the crew with Scott. If this movie deosnt put out with Sentinels VS Wolverine beccause Singer listened to the few fans who dont like him I would be a very disappointed audience member. Overall audiences love the hell out of Jackman and Wolverine. Thats not to say others wont have screen time, but for now he is pretty much in control and leading the team for the modern time/Future X Men.

When things go to 73 Xavier and Magneto will take over regardless whos the traveler. Until we know the means of time travel there is no way to determine who it is.
Nicely put. Still don't understand all the hate for Wolverine. Days of Future Past wouldn't be the same without him nor would any other X-Men epic.

Closed Thread