The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: How much will Iron Man 3 make world wide?
500 Million 2 1.14%
550 Million 4 2.29%
600 Million 4 2.29%
650 Million 6 3.43%
700 Million 9 5.14%
750 Million 10 5.71%
800 Million 16 9.14%
850 Million 30 17.14%
900 Million 33 18.86%
950 Million 9 5.14%
1 Billion 31 17.71%
1.1 Billion 11 6.29%
1.2 Billion 3 1.71%
1.3 Billion 1 0.57%
1.4 Billion 0 0%
1.5 Billion 6 3.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 02:56 AM   #726
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Yeah but I wonder when will they have their logo on posters and the opening of the movie.

I thought the deal with Paramount was over after The Avengers.
I'm sure they own a lot of things that never start with their castle opening. Wouldn't it feel a little jarring if every MCU film opened with that?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #727
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Not really. I think since Disney is releasing them, they have the right to put their logo and their castle opening in the movie.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-29-2013, 03:05 AM   #728
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Not really. I think since Disney is releasing them, they have the right to put their logo and their castle opening in the movie.
Yeah but like i said, they don't always do that, it's up to them.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 04-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #729
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Yeah but like i said, they don't always do that, it's up to them.
I'm pretty sure if they want to have their logo together with MS films, we would have seen it a long time ago but they have to deal with their negotiation with Paramount. So its not entirely up to them.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-29-2013, 04:47 AM   #730
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah but I wonder when will they have their logo on posters and the opening of the movie.

The last of the deal was for Avengers and Iron Man 3.

Old 04-29-2013, 08:19 AM   #731
eddy
Side-Kick

When the news comes out on the forums about how much money this puppy made on its domestic OW(whether good or bad) well....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:22 AM   #732
eddy
Side-Kick

The paramount 'deal' ended with Ironman 3. From the looks of the Thor2 posters and trailers Disney will be foregoing putting their logo in front of the films. Marvel is a big enough brand now that all you need to see is that Red logo and you know what you're in store for. I almost wish the Fox/Sony films didn't use the other variation of the logo anymore.

And anyways Disney has owned other studios before without showing their logo in front of the films.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #733
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

Thor.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #734
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

$200 million in the bank....another $800 million to go

Old 04-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #735
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
The paramount 'deal' ended with Ironman 3. From the looks of the Thor2 posters and trailers Disney will be foregoing putting their logo in front of the films. Marvel is a big enough brand now that all you need to see is that Red logo and you know what you're in store for. I almost wish the Fox/Sony films didn't use the other variation of the logo anymore.

And anyways Disney has owned other studios before without showing their logo in front of the films.
This is what I've been trying to say.

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 AM   #736
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
I almost wish the Fox/Sony films didn't use the other variation of the logo anymore.
That's an interesting point. Can't Marvel legally force them to not use the animated Marvel logo anymore? Perhaps not even let them use the red logo at all in order to further distance themselves as a studio from those films?

Then again, I guess Marvel does profit from the Fox and Sony productions as well, so removing their logo may be doing themselves a disservice...

ゴジラ
Old 04-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #737
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
That's an interesting point. Can't Marvel legally force them to not use the animated Marvel logo anymore? Perhaps not even let them use the red logo at all in order to further distance themselves as a studio from those films?

Then again, I guess Marvel does profit from the Fox and Sony productions as well, so removing their logo may be doing themselves a disservice...
Yeah most people realize Avengers is it's own franchise which obviously includes the member's solo efforts.

Plus everyone who loves Marvel Universe knows Marvel Studios has certain characters while Fox and Sony have others.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #738
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:

I think they should definitely stop Fox from using it. I don't have a problem with Sony, because Feige was a producer on TASM and will also on TASM2, but the last X-men movie that Marvel had any input on was X-men the last stand.

Old 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #739
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman_rick View Post
$200 million in the bank....another $800 million to go
It might be halfway to 1.1 billion by Sunday.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #740
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Plus everyone who loves Marvel Universe knows Marvel Studios has certain characters while Fox and Sony have others.
Not true or there wouldn't have been a million posts last year asking wheres Spider-Man and wheres Wolverine.

To this day I have to tell people at my job(and these people are pretty geeky themselves and play vidya games etc.) that Spider-Man's film rights are owned by a different company. This girl at my job was so insistent last summer that Sony and Marvel would make a deal to have Spider-Man in Avengers 2

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #741
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I think they should definitely stop Fox from using it. I don't have a problem with Sony, because Feige was a producer on TASM and will also on TASM2, but the last X-men movie that Marvel had any input on was X-men the last stand.
FoX-Men barely resembles its source material anymore. I feel like they're not worthy of the logo. When Fox makes a bad movie it hurts the entire genre.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #742
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
It might be halfway to 1.1 billion by Sunday.
I agree, seems like a billion is almost a sure thing at this point, seeing how it's traking in relation to other similar films. I'll be curious of the domestic number, but things are looking up at this point.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #743
eddy
Side-Kick

Do you guys think the film will drop big in its 2nd weekend? If it opens to 170 million(it might open bigger if it performs domestically like it did in foreign markets)then 80-85 million 2nd weekend is the best case scenario. I don't think Great Gatsby is going to open to 80 million but I haven't looked at its tracking or any predictions for it. So it should be #1 for at least 2 weeks.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #744
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post

I think it's useful to keep in the GA's heads that these characters are still Marvel characters though.

Quote:
Yeah most people realize Avengers is it's own franchise which obviously includes the member's solo efforts.

I don't think the average man on the street knows ****. Everyone on a superhero forum sure, most young people who watch all the comic book films, probably..the rest still don't know why Superman, Spiderman & Batman can't join Avengers. Certainly most people mid 30s plus in the UK at least (from my experience).

Old 04-29-2013, 11:33 AM   #745
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
FoX-Men barely resembles its source material anymore. I feel like they're not worthy of the logo. When Fox makes a bad movie it hurts the entire genre.
That being said...DOFP sounds like the greatest superhero film ever made.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #746
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Do you guys think the film will drop big in its 2nd weekend? If it opens to 170 million(it might open bigger if it performs domestically like it did in foreign markets)then 80-85 million 2nd weekend is the best case scenario. I don't think Great Gatsby is going to open to 80 million but I haven't looked at its tracking or any predictions for it. So it should be #1 for at least 2 weeks.
It'll drop hard 2nd weekend if it opens that big but who cares, wouldn't be that far off $300m by then.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #747
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm predicting Gatsby is going to flop big time. Baz Luhrmann has never made a hit movie. His last movie Australia was a massive flop, and I don't see how this will be any different. His movies are all about style over substance.

As for IM3, I expect the customary 50-55% drop for films like this. There are always exceptions, but we'll see. The bigger test will be week 3 against Star Trek. I expect Star Trek will open no. 1, but the question is how much can IM3 hold during the week.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #748
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

By the time Star Trek 2 comes out IM3 would already be fast approaching 900 m..

But it might cut into the legs a little bit and hurt IM3's chances for 1.2 billion.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:57 AM   #749
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:

But it might cut into the legs a little bit and hurt IM3's chances for 1.2 billion.
The thing is Star Trek is a foreign featherweight, and with a big movie like IM3, most of the money it's going to need for 1.2 B will be foreign.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
Old 04-29-2013, 11:58 AM   #750
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I'm predicting Gatsby is going to flop big time. Baz Luhrmann has never made a hit movie. His last movie Australia was a massive flop, and I don't see how this will be any different. His movies are all about style over substance.

As for IM3, I expect the customary 50-55% drop for films like this. There are always exceptions, but we'll see. The bigger test will be week 3 against Star Trek. I expect Star Trek will open no. 1, but the question is how much can IM3 hold during the week.
Quote:

Yeah, I think Star Trek will impact whatever is left of IM3 in the US (internationally remains to be seen whether ST can do anything) at that time as it attracts a similar audience. But IM3 will have made most of its money anyway.

Closed Thread