The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: How much will Iron Man 3 make world wide?
500 Million 2 1.14%
550 Million 4 2.29%
600 Million 4 2.29%
650 Million 6 3.43%
700 Million 9 5.14%
750 Million 10 5.71%
800 Million 16 9.14%
850 Million 30 17.14%
900 Million 33 18.86%
950 Million 9 5.14%
1 Billion 31 17.71%
1.1 Billion 11 6.29%
1.2 Billion 3 1.71%
1.3 Billion 1 0.57%
1.4 Billion 0 0%
1.5 Billion 6 3.43%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #901
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,496
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
For the first half I would agree. But the 2nd half felt like it was on auto pilot and not in the good way.
Fist fight on bombs, daring rescue, an interrogation, and the finale of the finest Superhero love story put on film yet. It could be better, but it is still damn good. Many forget scenes like Peggy's talk with Cap about Bucky or Zola's interrogation. The final action sequence is pure Indy in a very good way.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."

Last edited by DarthSkywalker; 05-01-2013 at 02:44 PM.
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #902
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,506
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Your description makes it sound more exciting than the execution of it. Still the highest compliment I can pay the movie is that it made Cap my favorite Avenger. So Winter Soldier is easily my most anticipated Phase 2 movie.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #903
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Fist fight on bombs, daring rescue, an interrogation, and the finale of the finest Superhero love story put on film yet. It could be better, but it is still damn good. Many forget scenes like Peggy's talk with Cap about Bucky or Zola's interrogation. The final action sequence is pure Indy in a very good way.
This. I never understood the whole "movie in autopilot" attitude. I thought it was the best final act of phase 1 until Avengers.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:26 PM   #904
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,496
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Your description makes it sound more exciting than the execution of it. Still the highest compliment I can pay the movie is that it made Cap my favorite Avenger. So Winter Soldier is easily my most anticipated Phase 2 movie.
It has grown on me more and more. It is one of the few films that I like more and more every time I watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
This. I never understood the whole "movie in autopilot" attitude. I thought it was the best final act of phase 1 until Avengers.
The final act is awesome. One of my favorites. But I can understand the problems with the War montage and how hollow Bucky's death is. We just don't spend enough time with Cap actually fighting the war or with Bucky in general. Still, as a full package it works very, very well.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #905
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,710
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

The climax of captain america was great. I loved the indiana jones fist fight feel when he is fighting on top of the flying bomber thing.

__________________
Favorite Movies of the Year
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 PM   #906
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,062
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

I have loved all the Marvel Studios films. Some are better than others, but there's something to be said that every film they have made has been certified fresh on RT. Not that the critics scores mean everything, but I think they have made quality films overall, and I think much like their Disney partner Pixar, you can expect good things from them.

What was great about CA was the "Indiana Jones" type feel it had. I think Marvel has been smart about picking the right director for the right film. I think this is why Joe Jonston was not retained. Not because they didn't like his work, but because the second film they are taking a different tone, from what Feige calls "a political thriller". That's not a film genre I associate with Joe Johnston.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 PM   #907
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,062
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Yes, I think I get it. There are some really big shots, like the throne room at the interrupted coronation, but I think the trailer showed that the new movie will get the feel of that better. I guess they make the space come alive to a new extent. And as T"Challa says the more natural look probably makes more people buy into it.
The throne room from the first movie was awesome, and seeing Loki sitting on the throne like it was taken straight from the pages of the comic.

I actually think the "clean" look worked for the first film, but I definitely like the new grittier bigger look of the new movie even more.

However, I remember when I wrote my review for Thor, my first reaction was that whoever made the Fantastic Four movies ought to be ashamed of themselves, because finally somebody brought the imagination and vision of Jack Kirby from the pages of the comic to the big screen.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #908
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,870
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
The throne room from the first movie was awesome, and seeing Loki sitting on the throne like it was taken straight from the pages of the comic.

I actually think the "clean" look worked for the first film, but I definitely like the new grittier bigger look of the new movie even more.

However, I remember when I wrote my review for Thor, my first reaction was that whoever made the Fantastic Four movies ought to be ashamed of themselves, because finally somebody brought the imagination and vision of Jack Kirby from the pages of the comic to the big screen.
I agree that the first look worked well. I thought so the first time I saw it and when I rewatched it a couple of days ago, for the first time in a while, I even thought it worked better than I remembered. I too prefer the new look even more though so it goes from good to better.

Mjölnir is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #909
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It has grown on me more and more. It is one of the few films that I like more and more every time I watch it.


The final act is awesome. One of my favorites. But I can understand the problems with the War montage and how hollow Bucky's death is. We just don't spend enough time with Cap actually fighting the war or with Bucky in general. Still, as a full package it works very, very well.
Bucky's death couldn't overshadow Cap's apparent demise. That's what it came down to.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:27 PM   #910
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,507
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Bucky's death couldn't overshadow Cap's apparent demise. That's what it came down to.
It's too bad... I really like how they handled it in the A:EMH! cartoon, where Bucky's apparent death immediately preceded Cap's apparent death, and how that was the last image that Cap saw before he went under for 70 years. So tragic. Is that what happened in the comics? I never read it.

That said, the Cap "death" scene was still very touching, probably one of the most emotional moments in the MCU to date.

I can't wait to see happens in IM3!!!

spideymouse is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 05:45 PM   #911
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,890
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
That said, the Cap "death" scene was still very touching, probably one of the most emotional moments in the MCU to date.
http://youtu.be/ruMO9SXto0Q

__________________

Travesty is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:08 PM   #912
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang
 
KangConquers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,863
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It's too bad... I really like how they handled it in the A:EMH! cartoon, where Bucky's apparent death immediately preceded Cap's apparent death, and how that was the last image that Cap saw before he went under for 70 years. So tragic. Is that what happened in the comics? I never read it.

That said, the Cap "death" scene was still very touching, probably one of the most emotional moments in the MCU to date.

I can't wait to see happens in IM3!!!
Bucky's death proceeding Cap's would ruin the moment with Peggy and Steve. What they did was a necessary evil.

KangConquers is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #913
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,496
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Bucky's death couldn't overshadow Cap's apparent demise. That's what it came down to.
No, what it came down to was not enough time between the rescue mission and the final act. The rescue is Cap's first real mission and right from there we have a small window of time where he is the fully realized Cap in WWII on screen. That is all the montage followed immediately by Bucky's death. Then we are in the final act.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:41 PM   #914
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone
 
ElMariachi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,239
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

I don't think any Cap movie would ever have pleased everyone. His orgin story is just too difficult to make into a 2 hour movie. It was more important that they spent time developing Steve Rodgers rather than the WWII stuff. The movie needed some form of a montage for that.

What we got was pretty darned good. The second half of the movie was a bit weaker than the first. The ending of the movie, with the assault of Red Skulls base/airplane, was really good though. What more could you ask for in a Captain America movie?

__________________
They see me rollin', they hatin....

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:58 PM   #915
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider
 
DarthSkywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 29,496
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMariachi View Post
I don't think any Cap movie would ever have pleased everyone. His orgin story is just too difficult to make into a 2 hour movie. It was more important that they spent time developing Steve Rodgers rather than the WWII stuff. The movie needed some form of a montage for that.

What we got was pretty darned good. The second half of the movie was a bit weaker than the first. The ending of the movie, with the assault of Red Skulls base/airplane, was really good though. What more could you ask for in a Captain America movie?
Would have been easy to add another 20+ mins. Or made a trilogy sent in WWII. But we know, creative decisions made for the Avengers. But we should get back on topic.

__________________
"You've failed, Your Highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me."
DarthSkywalker is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #916
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Transformers 3 is the mark for this. Has a good chance of getting #5 gross of all time.

Russian opening is going to be huge, OW of about $20m. WOW

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #917
Enriquespy
Side-Kick
 
Enriquespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Queretaro
Posts: 2,605
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Transformers?

__________________

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM   #918
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Yes...

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #919
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic
 
Silver Surfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: T.O, Canada
Posts: 1,065
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

TDW is going to benefit most from the "Avengers effect" because not only does it have an Avengers hero but THE Avengers villain in Loki.

Don't be surprised if most of the GA is more interested in watching Loki than Thor.

Silver Surfer is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #920
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

I doubt Thor will get a nearly $600m boost over its last movie like IM3.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 AM   #921
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 18,090
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Well, not saying this is what I believe will happen but TDK was a more than $600M WW increase over BB. TA was about a $900M WW increase over the previous highest grossing MCU film, IM2. It can and has happened before.

__________________
Apparently freedom costs more than $1.05
kedrell is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #922
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Yeah, I didn't say it hadn't. But I doubt it will happen to Thor.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #923
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 18,090
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

So do I. But I can easily see a $300M+ jump WW for Thor.

__________________
Apparently freedom costs more than $1.05
kedrell is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 12:59 AM   #924
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,956
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

Yeah $800m is definitely a realistic mark for it.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #925
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 18,090
Default Re: The Iron Man 3 Box Office Prediction Thread

And I can see a $250M WW jump for Cap.

__________________
Apparently freedom costs more than $1.05
kedrell is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.