The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 11-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #426
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
I haven't beaten it just yet, although I'm at the start of sequence 12, and I might just save that for tomorrow. But I was a little disappointed by
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
the fight with Connor and Haytham. I kinda thought that would be the final showdown, since he was the Grand Master Templar, but I guess it also works to have Lee as the final target, seeing as how Connor is more concerned about Revenge than the Templars. But I was hoping for something more with Haytham, since he was pretty cool and he just dies.
Yea i agree. Thats a big reason why i had such a problem with Connor. I liked his personality for the most part, but thought he made for a s**t Assassin. Altair and Ezio would be disappointed.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #427
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I dunno, I think people have forgotten about Ezio in AC 2. Towards the end of that, there were a lot of weird story jumps and Ezio didn't quite have the satisfying conclusion or character story arc I think people are asserting. A lot of that stuff came from later games, but in AC 2, not only did it end on a huge cliff hanger with him, in terms of his progression he basically just goes on a killing adventure and then all of a sudden he says "Well it's been ten years of killing Templars and I'm no closer to the truth" and you're like really? Then they skip two sequences and you have to fight Rodrigo. It didn't really tie off a lot of that. In fact, most of the realisation of his character development in 2 came from Brotherhood.

Old 11-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #428
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Yea i agree. Thats a big reason why i had such a problem with Connor. I liked his personality for the most part, but thought he made for a s**t Assassin. Altair and Ezio would be disappointed.
well, Altair objective:Templars, Ezio objectives:Templars and Revenge,templars and finally discovery and Connorīs :Revenge, templars and REVENGE!

btw in Sequence 4 when Connor said "So i can find you" i thought in my head:

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-Iīll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 11-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 10:59 PM   #429
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
I agree. There was even a talk he had with someone at the start of sequence 11 who vaguely mentioned that his job was done, not for the Brotherhood, but for his people. But to be fir, in terms of skills, he definitely has it. He is much more agile and mobile than the other two and that makes it really fun to play as him. But in terms of the legacy that he follows, I definitely think another game wouldn't hurt to show where he goes with it.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #430
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
I agree. There was even a talk he had with someone at the start of sequence 11 who vaguely mentioned that his job was done, not for the Brotherhood, but for his people. But to be fir, in terms of skills, he definitely has it. He is much more agile and mobile than the other two and that makes it really fun to play as him. But in terms of the legacy that he follows, I definitely think another game wouldn't hurt to show where he goes with it.
How? well subject 16 mentioned a son...."The sun...your son" does Desmond has a child?

-YES
-Iīll be right there"
Old 11-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #431
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
I dunno, I think people have forgotten about Ezio in AC 2. Towards the end of that, there were a lot of weird story jumps and Ezio didn't quite have the satisfying conclusion or character story arc I think people are asserting. A lot of that stuff came from later games, but in AC 2, not only did it end on a huge cliff hanger with him, in terms of his progression he basically just goes on a killing adventure and then all of a sudden he says "Well it's been ten years of killing Templars and I'm no closer to the truth" and you're like really? Then they skip two sequences and you have to fight Rodrigo. It didn't really tie off a lot of that. In fact, most of the realisation of his character development in 2 came from Brotherhood.
And those are good points. Guess we need more games with Connor. I mean i sure as hell wont complain!

Old 11-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #432
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Yea i think his agility and what not was based more on gameplay rather than character skill. I mean from what we know Altair was looked upon as THE assassin, even at the end of Ezio's life. I think skill wise, youd have to make the argument Altair is still tops as pretty much everything after his life in terms of the Brotherhood came from his teachings. But yea i loved Connors fighting style. He was much more raw than the other 2 but still incredibly deadly. Easily the most fun i had with any of the games came from controlling Connor through this title. So much fun

Old 11-04-2012, 11:28 PM   #433
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
How? well subject 16 mentioned a son...."The sun...your son" does Desmond has a child?
I say you just bring Desmond back. I mean the current day stuff is just dumb enough that i dont think ppl would gripe that Desmond wasnt actually dead.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #434
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Im sorry but this made me laugh hard. If you still haven't figured It out, it's directly in front of the laptop. It's sort of built onto a big rock. Probably why you didn't recognize it.
Thanks. I was looking for a big chair like in past games

Also is there a way to check your email without exiting the animus?

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #435
jacobed
Banned User

Wow chasing Lee should have been an epic Chase but wow it was terrible. Marred by so many problems with the design

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:13 AM   #436
CapedCrusader14
You're In Carcosa Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
Wow chasing Lee should have been an epic Chase but wow it was terrible. Marred by so many problems with the design
Yeah that chase pissed me right off. ******* awful.

75 Years of the Batman - Happy Anniversary to my Hero
CapedCrusader14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #437
AF3619
WOOO!

is there a way to do that chase easier?, i had no problem with the the other optional objectives of that mission but staying close to him was difficult and f***ing people kept going in my way

-YES
-Iīll be right there"
Old 11-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #438
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
It's gotta be better than chasing Hickey. I wanted to throw my controller at the TV soooo many times in that one....

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:48 AM   #439
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Just finished the game, an overall it's very good. Haven't even had a chance to do any side stuff, so I'm really looking forward to that. But in terms of the story:
I would compare it to Captain America, in that it has a good story and it really tries to develop the character early on, but then as things start to get intense, it speeds things up, almost to the extent that you wonder if something was left out. I mean, you spend three sequences building up Haytham as this worthy adversary and traitor, then you spend another three sequences building up Connor and his pursuit for revenge, but then the next six sequences just touch a little on the actual Revolution. I wish they would've given Connor some kind of time to reflect on what being an Assassin was to him, because it seemed like he only did it because he was told to by a "spirit," but once his job was done, it was as though he wasn't even needed.

But I did like the reveal at the end that Connor was named after Achilles's son. It kind of explains why he was the way that he was that whole time. I think that reflection I wanted from Connor actually came more from him and his story.

Quote:
Yea i think his agility and what not was based more on gameplay rather than character skill. I mean from what we know Altair was looked upon as THE assassin, even at the end of Ezio's life. I think skill wise, youd have to make the argument Altair is still tops as pretty much everything after his life in terms of the Brotherhood came from his teachings. But yea i loved Connors fighting style. He was much more raw than the other 2 but still incredibly deadly. Easily the most fun i had with any of the games came from controlling Connor through this title. So much fun
It's sort of a chicken and egg conversation though. I mean, which came first, the decision to use Connor or the decision to use a character that easily implements new controls? I think the new controls make it more fun with free running and movement, but at the same time, Connor has an upbringing that allows for that as well. The only time we saw Ezio move like him was in the ACR trailer, and very rarely in the actual game. As for Altair, I think the Assassins were trained more to stay silence and blend in with the environment than to run around and chase people, assuming they did their job right at first. Connor was more like a predator, so it made sense for him to act like one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
It's gotta be better than chasing Hickey. I wanted to throw my controller at the TV soooo many times in that one....
Argh, I was really frustrated at that point, until I found an easier way online.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #440
Crockett
With Teeth

Boy, I really should push forward, just started on sequence 10 but there's just so many things that distract me, I've especially enjoyed the naval and the homestead missions. The former definitely bein one of the highlights of the game for me, just top−notch.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM   #441
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
Has someone finished the story yet?...well ..
I kinda saw the ending coming from what Juno was saying during her dialogue scenes with Desmond while finding the places to put the power sources.

Just the way she was talking about things and different things they tried, I definitely saw that she had something else planned.

Hamill-Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #442
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I'm kinda bummed we didn't get a full-Desmond game. His parts were pretty cool, but they were also pretty short.

Also, I thought it was pretty cool that Desmond's stuff didn't have a HUD, considering there's no Animus.

Old 11-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #443
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

As short as those Desmond parts were, I loved them. I was disappointed as well that it wasn't more of him. I enjoyed seeing our special friend at the end of the first section. I knew right it away it was him.

BTW, As good as this game is, i've never been more frustrated with any other AC game. It is glitchy as **** and they really are making you work for that 100%.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:17 PM   #444
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Every time Desmond popped up on screen i just counted the seconds to when i got control of Connor again, but thats how it was for me in all the other games.

I know i have said this a lot, but DAMN i love those naval battles. PLEASE Ubi, give us MORE!!!!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:24 PM   #445
Hamill-Joker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Every time Desmond popped up on screen i just counted the seconds to when i got control of Connor again, but thats how it was for me in all the other games.

I know i have said this a lot, but DAMN i love those naval battles. PLEASE Ubi, give us MORE!!!!
I want Ubisoft to make a full Pirate game after playing those naval battles.

Hamill-Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:26 PM   #446
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

ProjectPat, If you don't like like the present day stuff that's fine, I get that, but you're wrong and I hate you.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #447
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
ProjectPat, If you don't like like the present day stuff that's fine, I get that, but you're wrong and I hate you.
LOL.

My sister says the same thing when we have this discussion. She really enjoys the Desmond/Present day stuff.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:34 PM   #448
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamill-Joker View Post
I want Ubisoft to make a full Pirate game after playing those naval battles.
Yea id be all in for that. I could see the game controlling similar to this. Swashbucklin, treasure finding, ship battles. Man that would be sooo sick

Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #449
misjuevos
I am Groot

Since it's ubisoft I would expect France as a future location. So we would also get lots of naval battles. Oh and I know the naval stuff is awesome but I thought we would still get to use small boats like AC2. I remember seeing a vid with Connor in a canoe yet I didn't find any. I would love to sail my ship then anchor then take the small boat to stealth kill a fort.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #450
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yea id be all in for that. I could see the game controlling similar to this. Swashbucklin, treasure finding, ship battles. Man that would be sooo sick

**** yes. I'd just be happy to get multiplayer naval combat.

But yeah, I'd love to see that expanded greatly, even into a full standalone game, with the ability to take prizes and create fleets, the ability to move around your ship to the gun decks or up into the rigging, make boarding an actual maneuver instead of just a cutscene.....

I have never been so excited about a video game as I am during the naval missions. I just got through with one where you take on a frigate and two man-o-wars on rolling seas in a storm, and it was a damn chess match that lasted well over twenty real-time minutes for me....I was down to no "hull points" left (even with reinforced hull) and had those two MOWs bearing straight down on me --- lined 'em up in my sights and got off a lucky shot to scuttle the first one and the second one's broadside went up and over the crest of a high wave; I was able to come about and ram right into her amidships and used the swivel gun to target the powder magazine and BOOOOOOOM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: better than sex.
I wanna be a pirate, dammit

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote