Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 07:48 PM   #627
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
getting to level 20 for that achievement is a pain
Just play wolfpack on your own and try to maximize your kills and bonuses. Once you learn how to get effective kills, getting to sequence 25 will be a breeze because you'll get about 9,000 points for completing the whole thing, in addition to any bonus points you get afterward. That should get help you reach a new level after each match.

Old 11-17-2012, 01:18 AM   #628
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I don't know if this is new but I used a trip mine in a counter. I did not know you can do that to my surprise but I was pleased with the result. I found a open door in the north district of NY that you can travel though which also shocked the hell out of me. Since I had never seen an open door before in the game.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:14 AM   #629
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I don't know if this is new but I used a trip mine in a counter. I did not know you can do that to my surprise but I was pleased with the result. I found a open door in the north district of NY that you can travel though which also shocked the hell out of me. Since I had never seen an open door before in the game.
Yeah, being able to race through open doorways and even open windows upstairs was something they highly touted in previews and interviews leading up to launch; but good luck trying to find instances of it in the actual game. I've encountered those "warp zones" maybe three or four times, tops, and they've served no purpose other than to keep me from walking a few extra steps to get around a block of buildings.

It's still a neat concept, but there needs to be a LOT more of them (and maybe some uses in missions or something) for it to be considered a useful/welcome addition to the game.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #630
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Just play wolfpack on your own and try to maximize your kills and bonuses. Once you learn how to get effective kills, getting to sequence 25 will be a breeze because you'll get about 9,000 points for completing the whole thing, in addition to any bonus points you get afterward. That should get help you reach a new level after each match.
Or just wait till they do a double XP weekend. Im sure they'll have one before the year is ut

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #631
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Or just play the game for about 4 hours. It shouldn't take you longer than that to get to level 20.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #632
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quick question guys, I'm still early in the game (just started sequence 6) but how the heck do I bring more artisans to my homestead? I have a bunch of people already here (the black farmers, the french miner, hunting girl) but the only artisan I can pick is Lance the wood guy.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:01 PM   #633
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Quick question guys, I'm still early in the game (just started sequence 6) but how the heck do I bring more artisans to my homestead? I have a bunch of people already here (the black farmers, the french miner, hunting girl) but the only artisan I can pick is Lance the wood guy.
dude i still dont understand the homestead stuff... theres something called 'building up homestead' or whatever and no matter what i do it says i havent done anythig.

Reek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:07 PM   #634
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
As you play through the game look for icons on your map that say homestead mission. They are gonna be on the frontier, Ny, and Boston

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 08:09 PM   #635
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
As you play through the game look for icons on your map that say homestead mission. They are gonna be on the frontier, Ny, and Boston
I know, but completing homestead missions just brings people to my land. I'm talking about crafting items in the accounting book, where I can only choose this Lance guy.

Its not very user friendly, don't know why no one else shows up in the crafting menu.

Old 11-17-2012, 08:23 PM   #636
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
I know, but completing homestead missions just brings people to my land. I'm talking about crafting items in the accounting book, where I can only choose this Lance guy.

Its not very user friendly, don't know why no one else shows up in the crafting menu.
Who you have now just gives you materials They come lateryou can't make anything else till you get the innkeepers, blacksmith, and tailor.

Trainwreck2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #637
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:

Keep doing the homestead missions. Do every one you can find, both in the cities and the frontier and, of course, your homestead. Even when you get an artisan, you still need to level them up to get better gear and goods, and the only way you can do that is by completing more homestead missions for them.

Also, go after those treasure chests, all over all maps. Most of those contain items you're going to need for your craft recipes. And keep on hunting --- there's a lot of recipes that require pelts and other animal parts.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:59 AM   #638
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Who you have now just gives you materials They come lateryou can't make anything else till you get the innkeepers, blacksmith, and tailor.
Ok so I just started sequence 7 and suddenly I have three artisans lol...I guess they just sort of show up on their own after homestead missions.

Old 11-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #639
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

I really want to play this franchise but just cannot force myself through the repetitive nonsense at is AC1. Are the sequels considerably better and how much of 1 do I need to know to play 2?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #640
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

You can play every AC after one without having played one. AC 2 will recap you pretty well on what happened in one.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #641
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Awesome. Do the sequels offer more variety and fun?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:41 AM   #642
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Awesome. Do the sequels offer more variety and fun?
The sequels offer a ton of more variety and fun. And each game offers something a little different and new. If you haven't played any sequels definitely start with 2 and work your way up. I think you'd be pleased.

Greatness lies, not in being strong, but in the right using of strength; and strength is not used rightly when it serves only to carry a man above his fellows for his own solitary glory. He is the greatest whose strength carries up the most hearts by the attraction of his own.
Gamma Goliath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:53 AM   #643
Havok83
Side-Kick

I just did the Desmond segment in Brazil and I loved it. Anyone else thought it felt like Splinter Cell Conviction? No surprise they are both Ubisoft Montreal games

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:16 AM   #644
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamma Goliath View Post
The sequels offer a ton of more variety and fun. And each game offers something a little different and new. If you haven't played any sequels definitely start with 2 and work your way up. I think you'd be pleased.
Cool, thanks.

Old 11-18-2012, 12:00 PM   #645
Fans of Reilly
Side-Kick

Assassins Creed III Angry Review

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA7mn...ature=g-high-u

Fans of Reilly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM   #646
AF3619
WOOO!

saw it really dissapointed,because he only saw the flaws but i get why he said what he didnīt like ,but over shadowed what was good about the game, i love Amigo Toyota hoope he uses him more

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-Iīll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #647
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Just got this for 39 bucks new on ebay

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #648
Reek
Pork Sausage

'its just hard to find your groove when you are constantly pulled out of the matrix and put into a s***tier game'

Old 11-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #649
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
'its just hard to find your groove when you are constantly pulled out of the matrix and put into a s***tier game'

true.....but is not s***ty imo,just dissapointed with Desmond Gameplay ,is awesome donīt get me wrong but, i wouldīve loved an open world Desmond where you kill Abstergo guards without getting detected....

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-Iīll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #650
Reek
Pork Sausage

i was quoting the angry review... but i do agree with it.