Cory
JustABill

Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

the more i play AC2 to more i think its bigger than ac3

Old 11-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #702
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Really? The wilderness alone feels HUGE. I think ac3 might be bigger than ac2 in terms of the environment

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 PM   #703
Cory
JustABill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Really? The wilderness alone feels HUGE. I think ac3 might be bigger than ac2 in terms of the environment
i dunno man, im in Venice right now and its huge...

IMO they could have made the wilderness smaller and added another city or something...

between Venice, Romagna, Appennine Mountains, Florence, Monteriggioni and Tuscany, it feels bigger. maybe i need to play through AC3 again though.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #704
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

It's all in your head Cory.

I'm just sitting here waiting for DLC.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #705
Cory
JustABill

Maybe it's the side effects from the Animus.

Old 11-24-2012, 11:25 PM   #706
LuisTX85
Seņor Zorro

For some reason I can't remember IF we can do this in the other games and so for this game can we explore everywhere free style after completing the story?,Like can we go to Boston/NY/Ships on the ocean&Frontier as Connor right after the credits?

Old 11-25-2012, 12:13 AM   #707
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
i dunno man, im in Venice right now and its huge...

IMO they could have made the wilderness smaller and added another city or something...

between Venice, Romagna, Appennine Mountains, Florence, Monteriggioni and Tuscany, it feels bigger. maybe i need to play through AC3 again though.
AC2 is smaller in size, but the smaller space is filled up with so much. The wilderness in AC3 is just that -- wilderness. You see trees, rocks, rivers, earth and sky, and not much else, other than the wildlife prancing by. In Venice and Florence and Rome and Constantinople, the city is packed with variety and noise and beauty and art and architecture, and it's always bustling with people and their random conversations. You obviously don't get any of that on the colonial frontier --- it's all very tranquil.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:32 AM   #708
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Connor ending was meh, but the modern day story had been weak for a while. Always was a bigger fan of the Animus/past stuff.

Last edited by SolarTiger; 11-25-2012 at 01:59 AM.
SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 AM   #709
LuisTX85
Seņor Zorro

I never cared about Desmond/his story nor the animus machine stuff But I actually enjoy playing as Desmond in this game in his missions and finally warmed up to the animus..Which may be bad timing based on what I heard about the ending!

Old 11-25-2012, 06:33 AM   #710
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
For some reason I can't remember IF we can do this in the other games and so for this game can we explore everywhere free style after completing the story?,Like can we go to Boston/NY/Ships on the ocean&Frontier as Connor right after the credits?
Yes sir. You don't have to worry about anything else aside from the main story if you don't to. All sidequests, collectibles and view points can be done after.

Old 11-25-2012, 07:32 AM   #711
Smegger56
The Smegginator

I was so gutted by how the main story arc, Desmond, ended. The first three games really did a good job of building that up, especially 2 and Brotherhood. For me, AC3 should have taken place in modern times with Desmond, to really take their time with concluding the main story arc they built up over 5 years.

I did enjoy the game, especially the navel missions (that alone was worth the money) but the ending for both (mainly Desmond) felt rushed.

Such a shame. I still love the series though.

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #712
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
AC2 is smaller in size, but the smaller space is filled up with so much. The wilderness in AC3 is just that -- wilderness. You see trees, rocks, rivers, earth and sky, and not much else, other than the wildlife prancing by. In Venice and Florence and Rome and Constantinople, the city is packed with variety and noise and beauty and art and architecture, and it's always bustling with people and their random conversations. You obviously don't get any of that on the colonial frontier --- it's all very tranquil.
I love the tranquility. It's a nice change of pace from past games. Ad the cities are pretty busy so you can go there if ya want more peace. All in all, the peaceful wilderness really fits with the setting. America hadn't become like Italy just yet.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:38 PM   #713
Benstamania
Shot first.

I was seriously tired of Italy and everything that looked like Italy. Y the time that I played III... I welcomed the trees, rocks and sky.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:48 AM   #714
LuisTX85
Seņor Zorro

I really enjoy the game overall But there's tons of flaws..Although a BIG patch is suppose to be released soon that will fix many of the problems,AC 1 was damn good&AC II was very awesome But I got tired of the series&stopped caring mid-way through Brotherhood and only rented Revelations to check it out,AC III has made me a major fan again yet after the ending..I think I'm done for good&don't care IF they make a part IV(although I'd give it a try)

Can I leave the animus to play Desmond's levels or I can only play as Connor now?,I can't find the option to leave the machine

Old 11-26-2012, 03:52 AM   #715
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, the way the Desmond stuff went really bummed me out.

One little thing that really annoyed me was the game STARTED with him and the gang unpacking and entering the cave and virtually NO ONE talks. It was the perfect place to set the mood and tone for the games, the relationships with the characters etc.

Also, they just didnt' address the Lucy thing in a satisfactory manner.

That and Desmond's whole story was underwhelming. There should have been a HUGE, epic final confrontation with Abstergo, that should have been bigger than what they did.

Old 11-26-2012, 03:54 AM   #716
Cory
JustABill

Mass Effect 3....Assassin's Creed style.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:01 AM   #717
LuisTX85
Seņor Zorro

The first game I finally start caring about Desmond&enjoy playing as him..Then that ending happens to him&now it seems I can't leave the animus to play his missions after finishing the story,Just my luck

Old 11-26-2012, 04:16 AM   #718
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

It's not just the ending, they lost the focus. Desmond spent all that time training to be an Assassin, 3 should have covered a tight and focused Assassin assault on key Abstergo bases.

I would have had them start at the cave, realise they need a key, then go back to the Assassins main headquarters. That way

1) We get to finally see the rest of this order that is teased throughout the series.

2) We get to see how the rest of the Assassins act towards Desmond, similarly to how we've seen all the past assassins orders react to Altair, Ezio etc

3) In short, see Desmond fully realise his destiny as an ASSASSIN, first and foremost, not as some weird, Neo sci-fi maguffin.

Sure, they could have led to that, but we get to see Desmond come into his own, not as a great Assassin in the present but to represent a better future for the Assassins.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I liked the idea that Desmond didn't have the stones to make the big sacrifice and I am genuinely interested to see what Juno will bring with her but I think the way they then treated Desmond within that was a total cop out and there simply wasn't enough closure involved for what is supposedly the end of Desmond's trilogy.

Old 11-26-2012, 04:22 AM   #719
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Back when I finished AC1 and AC2, I always envisioned AC3 as a full Desmond game playing as a bad ass modern day assassin. Sneaking around New York using high tech, kinda like a Splinter Cell game on steroids.

But the more and more gods they introduced, the more I knew the ending would probably not be what I expected. I'm not pissed (maybe because no video game ending will ever top ME3 in disappointment for me) just less bothered by it.

BTW, they never went anywhere with Abstergo's plan to place an apple on a satellite and control the human populace.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And why was Abstergo's HQ so easy to walk into and run around in, killing baddies with just a knife and blade.

SolarTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:28 AM   #720
LuisTX85
Seņor Zorro

Yeah I agree 100%,This game even shows the potential of playing as Desmond being an assassin out in the world,The building climbing in New York/Wearing his hoodie to cover his head in the Brazil mission and taking out the abstergo agents with the double small knifes..Such a tease!!

Old 11-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #721
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Yeah, the Desmond segments still just felt like a tease for another game.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:34 AM   #722
Havok83
Side-Kick

I just beat it last night and hated the ending. What the heck was the point of Minerva showing up, introducing a dilemna and making it seem as if we the player would soon be making a difficult choice only to have the whole thing just be a cutscene thats predetermined? So much for a choice. On a related note, that ending kinda reminded me of ME3 in many ways

They said there would be a whole lot more Desmond in this game than all the past but it felt on par with 2 and Brotherhood. They didnt quite do enough with him. And didnt they say this was the final game in his tale or did I get that wrong? It does seem as if AC IV should be a completely modern day tale

I thought the game took way too long to get started. The first few hours....unneceasry. They should have cut that or left it off as some prequel DLC if need be, and spent that time expanding adult Connor's playtime. I felt most of that stuff in the intro could have been condensed and/or left to cutscenes. It was slow and tedious and not a good way to build up momentum for the game

I remember hearing complaints about Connor in this thread, calling him out on being a prick and unlikeable. Well I never saw that. He seemed like a decent character and was the voice of reason at many points. I thought he was a good character and didnt think he came across as a douche

Anyone else think it was harder to escape templars in this game than the past? It was pretty frustating and annoying

I hate the lost almanac pages. I never seem to be able to get them in Boston. Seem easier in NY

Dreading the trophies associated with the ship battles.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:48 AM   #723
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Dreading the trophies associated with the ship battles.
They aren't hard. The only advice noteworthy is do the Virgin Islands mission "The Giant and The Storm" before upgrading the Aquila`s canons and ram.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #724
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Anyone else think it was harder to escape templars in this game than the past? It was pretty frustating and annoying
No, ridiculously easier: now I can wade through whole hordes of corpses, then just jump over to the nearest Town Crier, bribe him, and everybody forgets I'm a mass murderer. The other ACs had "levels" to your notoriety, so tearing down a wanted poster or bribing an official just lowered *one* wanted level; now it *instantly* forgives all your sins.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:59 AM   #725
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
No, ridiculously easier: now I can wade through whole hordes of corpses, then just jump over to the nearest Town Crier, bribe him, and everybody forgets I'm a mass murderer. The other ACs had "levels" to your notoriety, so tearing down a wanted poster or bribing an official just lowered *one* wanted level; now it *instantly* forgives all your sins.
You cant bribe if guards are actively after you and there seems to be one everywhere I run. I found it easier to escape and go unseen bc there seemed to be less guards populating the streets

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote