The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012, 08:39 AM   #726
Smegger56
The Smegginator
 
Smegger56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ScouseLand, Liverpool, England
Posts: 2,454
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Though this game had SOME excellent game play, I still feel the best balanced of the series is Brotherhood.

The missions, the side quests, the money system, everything. It was a great game. AC2 was amazing, but Brotherhood took what that did and improved it (and Ac2 was great).

__________________
METAL.GEAR
ASSASSIN'S

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:29 AM   #727
Drz
Real Hero
 
Drz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 16,032
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Brotherhood however had an incredily anti-climatic ending.

__________________
"I'm not always hooked on a feeling but when i am, i'm high on believing!"
Thoughts & Rambles
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #728
Smegger56
The Smegginator
 
Smegger56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: ScouseLand, Liverpool, England
Posts: 2,454
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Brotherhood however had an incredily anti-climatic ending.
Ahh but it depends how you look at it. I knew it was going to leave on a cliffhanger, so I expected that. And since Ezio's story continued, I personally was happy with how the game ended. It left me wanting more and to know what the hell was going on.

If anything, I blame the subsequent games for not really answering those questions in a more than satisfying way

__________________
METAL.GEAR
ASSASSIN'S

Smegger56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 AM   #729
eternalinferno
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,546
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Actually I didn't think brotherhoods ending was anticlimactic, I thought the ending of 3 was, it was an awesome game but the ending felt extremely rushed and anticlimactic to me, at least in brotherhood there was the shock of the whole Lucy thing

eternalinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #730
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,681
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
You cant bribe if guards are actively after you and there seems to be one everywhere I run. I found it easier to escape and go unseen bc there seemed to be less guards populating the streets
There are guards EVERYWHERE in this game. I dont have too much of a problem but sometimes the sheer number of them makes it an issue to get away from them. blending with the crowd on a bench or something works surprisingly well though.

I must say that this game has a TON to do. I mean there are hours and hours worth of things to do. Its great. And every mission pretty much can be hit at a different angle, in a different way. Heck just last night i restarted a level over and over to test out different ways of going about things. Its great

__________________
Favorite Movies of the Year
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 AM   #731
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,060
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Brotherhood however had an incredily anti-climatic ending.
I loved the ending to Brotherhood. Come on who here struggled to push the "X" button to off Lucie? Damn you Juno!

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #732
SolarTiger
Side-Kick
 
SolarTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,342
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
You cant bribe if guards are actively after you and there seems to be one everywhere I run. I found it easier to escape and go unseen bc there seemed to be less guards populating the streets
For me the guards seemed so much more aware of you. They instantly detected you during missions you tried to be stealthy in. And trying to shake them was a lot harder then before because the mini-map wouldn't show places you could hide in like before.

SolarTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:30 PM   #733
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,060
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Just finished AC3 last night, here are my overall thoughts on the game. I'll use spoilers tags where appropriate.

My overall impression. I loved the story of this game, but overall, this was my least favorite of the AC series, mainly becase I think they tried to cram in way too much into this game and much of it feels unfinished.

The good:

The highlight to AC3 is the Naval battles. Absolutely brilliant, and find my self going back to play the again and again. This was just incredibly fun, and trying to get the maximum sync rates on these missions is a challenge.

The story and the overall conclusion I thought were good. I think they had a good intermix of storyline. And while I never had the connection with Connor that I did with Ezio, I thought they tied the story together nicely. Playing Haytham was another plus, at the beginning of the game.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The plot twist for Haytham being a Templar was anoter great in a long list AC mind ****s. My only problem was that they didn't develop this futher of Desmond being of Templar and Assassin blood.


Desmond in full on assassin mode. Finally after years in the waiting, we get to play Desmond, full on Assassin.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Desmond using the Apple to kill Vidic was the bright spot to the game



The bad:

To me this game was very sloppy compared to AC2 which I consider the gold standard in this series. There are numerous bugs that you encounter while playing, and the rugged terrain in the open frontier makes the bugs even worse. The fact that your horse struggles to jump off a rock two feet off the ground. Being randomly attacked by animals in the wilderness with random button pushing being your way out, all felt disjointed.

The lock picking had the right idea, but I felt was a bit too frustrating and complex compared to other games. I give it some points for being original, not falling on the traditional Elder Scrolls lock pick model, but it stll was very frustrating that the combination of holding the analog sticks in odd directions while spamming the trigger button, where a slip of the thumb left you to start all over.

I really missed the hidden messages and puzzles from AC2 and Brotherhood. Yes I realize the Subject 16 story line was played out, but there just was no overall sense of mystery in this game that those games had, or even from Revalations with Ezio collecting the disks. I am still collecting the alminac pages and feathers, but as far as I know they don't unlock any easter eggs, just achievements in the game.

I did not expect to have the same connection to Conner that I did to Ezio. Ezio is the great assassin and we follow him through his whole life. There is more a personal connectio than there was to Altair, who we meet when he is already a master assasin, although reduced in rank, due to the events of AC1. I just did not have a strong connection to Connor. Haytham, I can understand due to the unfolding events, but I did not expect this of Connor. Having the tribal parts of the game subtitled wth Mohecian was a mistake. Did we hear Ezio speaking in Italian with subtitles? The game developers missed the point of the Animus, it connects Desmond to his ancestors seeing their memories and understanding it as they did, and as a player in the game, you are essentially the extent of Desomond. Having the subtitles really interfered with you connecting with the character at the most important point in his life. Seeing him become the assasin.

Going through Italy during the renaissance and Constantanople were two of the ultimate settings and great follow ups to the holy land setting of AC1. Don't get me wrong, I love Boston and New York, but colonial Boston and colonial New York, did not have the same sense of wonder. I did love going through the events of the American Revolution, and seeing it unfold, and that was more exciting than exploring the cities. Perhaps it's because I've been to those cities and seen the historical sites. But it's hard to compare cities that were around for 400 or so years to cities that have existed for thousands of years.

Finally the crafting and hunting parts of the game, I felt were very shoddy. They could have been great additions, but they were confusing, disjointed, and never really connected with the rest of the game. This should have been one of the highlights of the new material in the game, instead I'm afraid it was the weakest part.

I loved AC1, and when AC2 came out it was such a huge step in the game that probably couldn't have been duplicated. But I feel like Ubisoft's hype on this game, just wasn't justified by what they delivered. This is not a bad game by any means, and a very satisfying conclusion to the Desmond story, but it just feels a bit disjointed.

the ending:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This game had to be the concluion of the Desmond story. This is 2012, and 12-21-2012 is only a few weeks away. They could not have some huge cliff hanger story lest it be disapointing to the fans. I understand some of the complaints that Desmond's death seemed a bit mundane, but I don't think it's meant to be. Desmond sacrificed himself on the belief that his friends, and the remaining Assassin's would not stand for Juno's rule.

Secondly, I took Desmond's "death" very differently. This is indeed the end of Desmond being the protagonist, and whatever future AC games ther are, you will not play through the eyes of Desmond. There will be a new Assassin, and you will see things through them. However just as subject 16 "lived", I believe Desmond "lives". We know that Juno preserved herself through the proto Animus, that she tested on her husband Aito (who is the Etruscan equivalent of Hades, brother of Tinia/Jupiter). She killed Aito because he suffered from an early form of the bleeding effect, which only Desmond has known to survive. If you look at the video Aito looks like Desmond, leading you to believe he is a decendent, which is how he was able to release Juno from the temple. Juno used the proto Animus to seal herself in the temple, and I believe that Desmond is now there too, and he will use the same techniques Juno use to help future Assasins to stop Juno.

In that regard, this makes it the perfect ending for Desmond's story line, and the beginning of a new era of Assasin's creed games, that I hope will live up to the high standard that was set.

my only gripes with the story line, deal with how they handled Lucy's death. The implication is that Desmond and the other figured out Lucy was an Abstergo plant. That's fine, and even much was suggested at the end of AC2 when Vidic says to Lucy that she disappointed him, and that he saved her life. However from the perspective that Juno used the apple to control Desmond killing Lucy, and now that we know Juno is the true villian of the AC series, having Desmond saying that he subconsiously killed Lucy because he knew she would betray them, seemed a cop out.


Overall, I am very satisfied with the conclusion of one of the greatest video game series and works of science fiction, ever created!

Game rating 7.5/10 (would have been 8.5/10 if not for disjointed gameplay)

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V

Last edited by Tony Stark; 11-26-2012 at 01:38 PM.
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:32 PM   #734
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,891
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

yay so I just got this game for free with my new video card. Can't wait to play it!!!!

__________________
Religion should not be taught in school.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:04 PM   #735
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Finally the crafting and hunting parts of the game, I felt were very shoddy. They could have been great additions, but they were confusing, disjointed, and never really connected with the rest of the game. This should have been one of the highlights of the new material in the game, instead I'm afraid it was the weakest part.
I agree that the crafting/trading could've used at least a tutorial level or three, but why would you say that hunting never really connects with the rest of the game....? To me, it was an obvious and seamless addition to the game. Connor *is* a hunter, of both man and beast. And I think the hunting was richly detailed, even moreso than Red Dead Redemption's version --- which still remains an awesome addition to that game, but hunting wasn't nearly as detailed in RDR as it is in AC3.

The only thing I found disjointed and not really connected to the rest of the game is, ironically enough, the thing I loved the most about AC3: the naval warfare. Outstanding and innovative gameplay there, but I just never bought into the idea that Connor's backstory would've given him the skills to become a sailing master. He can't even claim genetics from Haytham on that kind of knowledge, because Haytham was no sailor, either.

I think it might've been better to have created another Assassin to be the high seas privateer, and left Connor in his element on the frontier.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #736
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,656
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Just finished AC3 last night, here are my overall thoughts on the game. I'll use spoilers tags where appropriate.


The good:


The story and the overall conclusion I thought were good. I think they had a good intermix of storyline. And while I never had the connection with Connor that I did with Ezio, I thought they tied the story together nicely. Playing Haytham was another plus, at the beginning of the game.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The plot twist for Haytham being a Templar was anoter great in a long list AC mind ****s. My only problem was that they didn't develop this futher of Desmond being of Templar and Assassin blood.


Desmond in full on assassin mode. Finally after years in the waiting, we get to play Desmond, full on Assassin.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Desmond using the Apple to kill Vidic was the bright spot to the game



The bad:

To me this game was very sloppy compared to AC2 which I consider the gold standard in this series. There are numerous bugs that you encounter while playing, and the rugged terrain in the open frontier makes the bugs even worse. The fact that your horse struggles to jump off a rock two feet off the ground. Being randomly attacked by animals in the wilderness with random button pushing being your way out, all felt disjointed.

The lock picking had the right idea, but I felt was a bit too frustrating and complex compared to other games. I give it some points for being original, not falling on the traditional Elder Scrolls lock pick model, but it stll was very frustrating that the combination of holding the analog sticks in odd directions while spamming the trigger button, where a slip of the thumb left you to start all over.

I really missed the hidden messages and puzzles from AC2 and Brotherhood. Yes I realize the Subject 16 story line was played out, but there just was no overall sense of mystery in this game that those games had, or even from Revalations with Ezio collecting the disks. I am still collecting the alminac pages and feathers, but as far as I know they don't unlock any easter eggs, just achievements in the game.

I did not expect to have the same connection to Conner that I did to Ezio. Ezio is the great assassin and we follow him through his whole life. There is more a personal connectio than there was to Altair, who we meet when he is already a master assasin, although reduced in rank, due to the events of AC1. I just did not have a strong connection to Connor. Haytham, I can understand due to the unfolding events, but I did not expect this of Connor. Having the tribal parts of the game subtitled wth Mohecian was a mistake. Did we hear Ezio speaking in Italian with subtitles? The game developers missed the point of the Animus, it connects Desmond to his ancestors seeing their memories and understanding it as they did, and as a player in the game, you are essentially the extent of Desomond. Having the subtitles really interfered with you connecting with the character at the most important point in his life. Seeing him become the assasin.

Going through Italy during the renaissance and Constantanople were two of the ultimate settings and great follow ups to the holy land setting of AC1. Don't get me wrong, I love Boston and New York, but colonial Boston and colonial New York, did not have the same sense of wonder. I did love going through the events of the American Revolution, and seeing it unfold, and that was more exciting than exploring the cities. Perhaps it's because I've been to those cities and seen the historical sites. But it's hard to compare cities that were around for 400 or so years to cities that have existed for thousands of years.

Finally the crafting and hunting parts of the game, I felt were very shoddy. They could have been great additions, but they were confusing, disjointed, and never really connected with the rest of the game. This should have been one of the highlights of the new material in the game, instead I'm afraid it was the weakest part.

I loved AC1, and when AC2 came out it was such a huge step in the game that probably couldn't have been duplicated. But I feel like Ubisoft's hype on this game, just wasn't justified by what they delivered. This is not a bad game by any means, and a very satisfying conclusion to the Desmond story, but it just feels a bit disjointed.

the ending:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This game had to be the concluion of the Desmond story. This is 2012, and 12-21-2012 is only a few weeks away. They could not have some huge cliff hanger story lest it be disapointing to the fans. I understand some of the complaints that Desmond's death seemed a bit mundane, but I don't think it's meant to be. Desmond sacrificed himself on the belief that his friends, and the remaining Assassin's would not stand for Juno's rule.

Secondly, I took Desmond's "death" very differently. This is indeed the end of Desmond being the protagonist, and whatever future AC games ther are, you will not play through the eyes of Desmond. There will be a new Assassin, and you will see things through them. However just as subject 16 "lived", I believe Desmond "lives". We know that Juno preserved herself through the proto Animus, that she tested on her husband Aito (who is the Etruscan equivalent of Hades, brother of Tinia/Jupiter). She killed Aito because he suffered from an early form of the bleeding effect, which only Desmond has known to survive. If you look at the video Aito looks like Desmond, leading you to believe he is a decendent, which is how he was able to release Juno from the temple. Juno used the proto Animus to seal herself in the temple, and I believe that Desmond is now there too, and he will use the same techniques Juno use to help future Assasins to stop Juno.

In that regard, this makes it the perfect ending for Desmond's story line, and the beginning of a new era of Assasin's creed games, that I hope will live up to the high standard that was set.

my only gripes with the story line, deal with how they handled Lucy's death. The implication is that Desmond and the other figured out Lucy was an Abstergo plant. That's fine, and even much was suggested at the end of AC2 when Vidic says to Lucy that she disappointed him, and that he saved her life. However from the perspective that Juno used the apple to control Desmond killing Lucy, and now that we know Juno is the true villian of the AC series, having Desmond saying that he subconsiously killed Lucy because he knew she would betray them, seemed a cop out.


Overall, I am very satisfied with the conclusion of one of the greatest video game series and works of science fiction, ever created!

Game rating 7.5/10 (would have been 8.5/10 if not for disjointed gameplay)
Excellent post. IA with so much of this

I also had issues with the subtitles. What made it worse was that it was hard to read. Small text made even more difficult to decipher when placed on white or light backgrounds.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 04:53 PM   #737
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

I also had issues with the subtitles. What made it worse was that it was hard to read. Small text made even more difficult to decipher when placed on white or light backgrounds.
I have that issue with almost every game nowadays. Subtitles and writing on games are so tiny --- I guess they assume everyone is playing on 50" plasma screens. (Hint: not all of us are. )

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #738
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,060
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree that the crafting/trading could've used at least a tutorial level or three, but why would you say that hunting never really connects with the rest of the game....? To me, it was an obvious and seamless addition to the game. Connor *is* a hunter, of both man and beast. And I think the hunting was richly detailed, even moreso than Red Dead Redemption's version --- which still remains an awesome addition to that game, but hunting wasn't nearly as detailed in RDR as it is in AC3.

The only thing I found disjointed and not really connected to the rest of the game is, ironically enough, the thing I loved the most about AC3: the naval warfare. Outstanding and innovative gameplay there, but I just never bought into the idea that Connor's backstory would've given him the skills to become a sailing master. He can't even claim genetics from Haytham on that kind of knowledge, because Haytham was no sailor, either.

I think it might've been better to have created another Assassin to be the high seas privateer, and left Connor in his element on the frontier.
I see what you're saying, and I agree to some extent. My point was that the hunting and crafting should have been one of the best parts of the game, but it just seemed half baked. The reason I say the sea ferring part of the game was my favorite, was because it seemed the most well put together part of the game.

Your critiques are on how it fits into the story line, which I would agree. My critique is more on the lines of playability.

When I say disjointed, I'm talking about things like, the eagle eye vision is barely needed in the game. Where it was an integral part of the other AC games.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #739
TX85
Jolly
 
TX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,810
Post Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Before the first AC game was released I remember reading a few times Ubisoft claiming that AC would be a trilogy at least for Desmond's story and Brotherhood&Revelations are clearly more like 2.0&2.5 while this game is obviously the end of Desmond's story,Before AC III was released Ubisoft confirmed that this was the end for him..But
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Desmond got royally screwed,IF they were always planning on killing him off then AC III should've been a full-blown modern day game with Desmond out in the world for the whole game OR at least make Hayatt's sequences shorten to 2&8 for Connor then use the last two sequences on full-on Desmond levels.

I never cared for Desmond/Animus and the sci-fi&fantasy elements until thisgae But Desmod deserved much better.


I fully expect a AC IV to FINALLY be an all modern day world&Assassin But it'll already suck that
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Desmond won't be that assassin,He already was one and over time he learned awesome skills from Atair/Ezio&Connor,All that build-up just so he can die in an instant and be replaced by who ever's next even IF that new person may be a mega bad ass..Is just ****ed up/wasted time&potential!


IF AC IV is just a new person going into the animus and seeing their own ancestor then it's be hopeless and better for Ubisoft to end it all!

__________________
Dashing Through The Snow Soon
TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 PM   #740
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!
 
Spider-Who?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Giggling in your air duct.
Posts: 9,695
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I would like to see an Assassin's Creed set in the world relatively soon after the "apocalypse". I know that is in theory stopped due to Desmond's sacrifice, but I think it'd be cool to see. You'd get the modern cities and tech, but its 90% in ruin and chaos everywhere as people fight for survival/structure.

__________________
My SHH Fan Art thread: http://forums.superherohype.com/show...9#post24993839
Check out my deviant art page for some fan art and misc fantasy art: http://fuzzydrawings.deviantart.com/
Spider-Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #741
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 3,700
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Is there a way I can get rid of all this crap I crafted for the delivery request? It's hitting me right in the OCD having it all.

BTW, i remember someone mentioning how to rid of a sword of your person. What was it again? Its getting really annoying watching the sword magically phase through Connors robes every time hes walking.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:49 PM   #742
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!
 
Tony Stark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: In a cave with a box of scraps
Posts: 8,060
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I understand what you guys are saying, but for me if AC doesn't have a historical setting, then it's not AC. What I like about AC is that it's a blending of the historical fact mixed with the fictional world and sci fi elements, and taking common mythology and taking it's own spin on it. It's kind of 1/3 Matrix, 1/3 Indiana Jones and 1/3 Gladiator.

__________________
"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Tony Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #743
TX85
Jolly
 
TX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,810
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

What I've always enjoyed about the series in terms of story is just the past&past assassins,I would've made the games just about Altair/Ezio/Hayatt&Connor and nothing to do with a machine/ancestor memories&ancient gods,It may have been viewed more as a Prince of Persia rip-off But still.

After 5 games plus hand held versions of all that mixed stuff..I'm ready for a full-on modern day or future AC game!

I want AC IV to be set in modern times with a modern bad ass assasin taking on modern templars with minimal amount of gods,No animus crap/No more ancient secrets/No more ancestors..Just free-roaming modern day cities or at least big areas of them,I want to kill corupt cops and running on roof tops doing parkour as cops in helicopters are chasing me!

__________________
Dashing Through The Snow Soon
TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 PM   #744
baby_webhead
Straight Edge
 
baby_webhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,689
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I would have really liked the ending of this game to be:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Juno being released and Desmond having to fight her in a boss battle. This would be like the culmination of his learnings from Altiar, Ezio, and Connor. Then it could have ended with him killing Juno, proving that he is the ultimate assassin and the chosen one to save the world


But of course that would leave no room for AC4, thus, costing ubisoft money :/

__________________
"Everybody wants to call me the Triple H of Ring of Honor, I think that’s hilarious. I would prefer to call Triple H the CM Punk of the WWE"
baby_webhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #745
Paradox1
Side-Kick
 
Paradox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Fl
Posts: 4,493
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I think AC iV is going to be about a truce between the Templars and Assassins trying to gather relics all over the world guided by Minerva. At least I believe the modern story will be about this but the past will be about something else.

__________________
"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:40 AM   #746
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,681
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I have that issue with almost every game nowadays. Subtitles and writing on games are so tiny --- I guess they assume everyone is playing on 50" plasma screens. (Hint: not all of us are. )
Man i know how it is. My tv is pretty small. Its just a tv for me in my room. Cant afford an extra flat screen. And its really tough to read that tiny text

__________________
Favorite Movies of the Year
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #747
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods
 
Fenrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 4,765
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I may be in the small minority who doesn't get all the Desmond love. Not only was his part in the series incredibly dull, in his part of the story the whole Assassin-Templar conflict was starting to feel sidelined by the annoyingly stupid natural disaster subplot. It was truly an epic facepalm moment for me when it was first introduced in ACII and hated that bit ever since. Fortunately, the writers finally figured out that they had essentially written themselves into a ditch and the only way forward was to bury the ditch altogether and start fresh. Besides, the modern day version of the Assassin-Templar conflict paled in comparison to the epic tugs of power in the past.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
And thank heavens we are rid of the silly solar flare doomsday plot device and have a proper antagonist in its place.


Anyways, about the game - finished it last night (PC gamer here) and it's been on my mind ever since. I had been hearing a lot about how Connor is not as good as Ezio, frankly, I wholeheartedly disagree. Ezio's tale is spun over a course of three games and that is why it is so rich. If you compare Connor's stint to Ezio's in ACII alone, Connor comes out quite strong. Of course he is not as rougishly charming as Ezio, but his naive simplicity and unwavering sense of justice was quite endearing. The best and most interesting character in the game was, by far, Haytham Kenway.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I didn't like that they finished him off so abruptly while Charles Lee was put in the spot as the main villain. The way the story was playing out, I was almost expecting a Vader-Luke dynamic between Connor and Haytham. What also intrigued me was how they really blurred the line between the Assassins and the Templars this time. As a matter of fact, this time around the Assassins came off as the more self-righteous and delusional side of the two and it would be amazing if the next game revisits the direction of Revelations, with half the story about Haytham's life as an Assassin and what made him betray the Order while the second half focused on Connor as he comes to grips with being the defacto leader of the Assassins like Altair and Ezio before him. Also, I strongly suspect that Connor will be heading off to France next, as the French Revolution is so conveniently placed in his timeline now.


I have unabashedly loved the Assassin's Creed series since the very beginning and ACIII wholeheartedly lived up to the series' high standards. Yes, there are some things its predecessors had done better but that is the price of evolution. Even if you do get better in a lot of ways, there are some good bits you get to keep and some you don't. The ACIII formula with its new mechanics may be a bit crude right now, but that also means that the next game has the chance to refine the new recipe and show the true potential of the series' new direction.

__________________
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:26 AM   #748
TX85
Jolly
 
TX85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 15,810
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

I just finished playing a game with George Washington where we throw some kind of balls lol,Nice little interaction between the two as a side thing

__________________
Dashing Through The Snow Soon
TX85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #749
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I just finished playing a game with George Washington where we throw some kind of balls lol,Nice little interaction between the two as a side thing
Bowls.

Yeah, there's a bowling green on the Homestead, and I played a few games with a couple of the Help there, but I didn't know you could play with Georgie. Was that at Valley Forge....?

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #750
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer
 
Quasimod0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 9,681
Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

What exactly is the purpose of bowls? How do you win? I played and won but I had no idea what I was doing

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.