The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 12-13-2012, 07:07 PM   #851
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Bat View Post
Wrong. Russia was involved in the Russo-Japanese War, World War I, 2 revolutions, and the end of its 300-year old empire and rise of the Soviet Union. It is one of the most violent periods of history for a single country.
I dont give a s**t how many wars they were part of, it'd be a dreadfully ugly locale in comparison to Jerusalem, Rome etc . Ubisoft can do much, much better than 1900's Russia. Just throw a dart at a world map, chances are the locale will be better than Russia for the next AC title.

Last edited by ProjectPat2280; 12-13-2012 at 07:19 PM.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #852
Reek
Pork Sausage

Babylon, Persians, Alexander the Great, Ottoman Empire, Civil war, WW1... lots of things can be done... Napoleon...etc...

WW 2 is a bit too far... the problem is, which I had big issue with in Desmonds story, is automatic weapons... and pistols with 16 in the clip and 1 in the hole (Nate Dogg baby)... it was just dumb as **** to me fighting Abstergo agents in present day.

Reek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #853
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
I dont give a s**t how many wars they were part of, it'd be a dreadfully ugly locale in comparison to Jerusalem, Rome etc . Ubisoft can do much, much better than 1900's Russia. Just throw a dart at a world map, chances are the locale will be better than Russia for the next AC title.
I won't waste my time arguing against your ignorance.

Spidey-Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #854
Benstamania
Shot first.

I want a Civil War bases AC game.

Benstamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 08:40 PM   #855
Reek
Pork Sausage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benstamania View Post
I want a Civil War bases AC game.
the thing is, it would be walking a thin line... I think it would be genius... include slavery etc... hell the main character could be a black slave.. and the person who trains him could be a slave owner turned good, or a person from the north... hell it could be a slave owners son who sees the wrong and decides to do somethign about it.

lots of different ways to go.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #856
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post

I've always been a history buff, but I always regarded the Italian Renaissance as a dreadfully dull era, as well as Revolutionary America and France, and ancient Greece and Rome. Mainly because those eras had been so hammered into my skull about the flowering of Western Civilization. Everything from the eras seemed to suggest dusty old textbooks and lifeless paintings and statues. There was nothing "alive" about them, as far as I was concerned --- just entries in an old encyclopedia or school textbook.

But AC3 has done a fantastic job of bringing the Renaissance, the Crusades, and the American Revolution to beautiful, engrossing, thriving life; and changed my opinion about those eras. I'm sure Ubi can do the same for Revolutionary France, the ancient Mediterranean, and even Czarist/Leninist Russia.

There'd be nothing boring about an AC game set anywhere, imho, except for the settings that have already been done to death in video games: WWII, medieval Japan, medieval Europe, and the modern (21st century) era. Any AC set in those eras would bore the holy bejeezus out of me.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #857
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'd be a-ok with a WW1/WW2 era AC. Imagine WW1 era + AC + Trench warfare. Emmmm.

Revelation 22:20
Old 12-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #858
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Are you kidding? Russia would be fantastic.

Old 12-13-2012, 10:16 PM   #859
Reek
Pork Sausage

Maybe in Assassin's Creed 8, the main character is the leader of Seal Team 6

Old 12-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #860
Benstamania
Shot first.

I'd take that over Italy again....

Revelation 22:20
Old 12-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #861
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Is anyone else wondering how they are going to explain The Tyranny of King Washington in game? Because the Animus doesn't make stuff up, if something happens that didn't actually happen you get de-synched.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:06 PM   #862
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
Is anyone else wondering how they are going to explain The Tyranny of King Washington in game? Because the Animus doesn't make stuff up, if something happens that didn't actually happen you get de-synched.
I wondered about it, and I think it may end up being some kind of animus hack, possibly similar to the aftermath of the Pivot Points, where it seems like someone else is in control.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #863
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Either that or an Abstergo video game

Old 12-14-2012, 04:17 PM   #864
Crockett
With Teeth

They've already mentioned it's set in an alternate history, it's more like a what‐if? event.

Lead designer Steve Masters' quotes in an article.

Quote:
"For us, we want to have a little fun with it, and have a less serious experience, a less earnest experience, and setting it in an alternate history environment gives us room and freedom to play around with things in a more whimsical manner," he went on.

"We think people are going to enjoy it, have fun with it - we've just got to remember it's not part of the canon, it's just there as something for players to enjoy."
http://www.oxm.co.uk/46881/assassins...ring-audience/

Old 12-15-2012, 03:20 AM   #865
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Honestly, I've become so invested in the world and story that any setting would do for me.

Old 12-26-2012, 01:56 AM   #866
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
I've given it some thought, and I hope it involves the PoE mentioned in an email in the first game that grants the ability to time travel. Connor must save the space-time continuum! I think that'd be a lot better than just pointlessly making a story that never happened with no explanation. Or no good one, at least. Perhaps Connor, after erasing the events from happening, would still remember it, so they would show up in genetic memory.

Old 12-26-2012, 12:57 PM   #867
Destructus86
Side-Kick

As much as I like Conner. I am realllllly hoping the next AC has you in the role of a Russian in WWII

It was such a major point in human history, obviously the Templar would have a hand in that.

Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM   #868
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

WWII, or at least, the Assassin's Creed version of WWII could be an interesting story to see, if only for the purpose of seeing how the world's superpowers, all of which were Templar, went to war and how did no side end up the victor, shaping the world of the original Assassin's Creed.

I'd also like to see the story of King Arthur, I think that could be a good setting, considering Excalibur was a POE, and Merlin could of course be using a POE hence his "magic" abilities as well.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:52 PM   #869
Paradox1
Side-Kick

So i popped in acIII today to start a new playthrough the first since the last update. Maybe I'm noticing it for the first time but the patriots are patrolling the streets of Boston from the time Connor arrives as a full fledged assassin. The lobsterbacks are still around and any time they cross paths they get into a fight. A cool bonus is when I start a riot now the patriots join in. However they not only fight them but Connor as well. When I stood my ground the patriots wouldn't stop coming which forced me to run and find cover.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Paradox1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #870
zenith16
Side-Kick

New DLC out today.

Assassin's Creed 3 gets Battle Hardened multiplayer DLC, out now on XBLM [update: PSN, PC details]

(6 hours ago)

Assassin's Creed 3 is toughing it out with new multiplayer DLC today in the form of the Battle Hardened pack. The DLC, now available on Xbox Live Marketplace for 800 MSP, and free for Season Pass holders, is also making its way to PlayStation Network and PC, although Ubisoft has yet to specify when.

The pack introduces three new maps to the multiplayer side of Connor's Colonial climber, including Charlestown, Fort St-Mathieu, and Saint Pierre. Three new multiplayer characters are bundled in too, namely the Governor, Highlander, and Coyote Man (presumably one of the less popular bartenders at Coyote Ugly).

Update: Ubisoft UK tells us the Battle Hardened pack is coming to PSN there on January 9, and to Windows PC on January 15. It'll cost Ģ7.99 on PC and PS3, twice as much as the previous DLC, meaning the US price should be $9.99. Since the PlayStation Store updates on Wednesdays in Europe and on Tuesdays in North America, that indicates the DLC should be available on NA's PSN later today. Assassin's Creed 3 - Battle Hardened Pack

Source: Xbox Live Marketplace

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #871
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Outside of the Washington thing, are we gonna get any story DLC?

Old 01-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #872
zenith16
Side-Kick

they said we will it's in the plans they are just using this to keep us busy til then.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:34 PM   #873
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Gahhh! I hate multiplayer achievements. They look incredibly easy but I still don't like them.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #874
zenith16
Side-Kick

for those of us that bought this on the WII U

source: GI

Old 01-17-2013, 05:32 PM   #875
amazingfantasy15
Side-Kick

Just wondering, after Sequence 5, does the game stop with the tutorial nature? I got the game around Christmas and was playing it, but those first 5 sequences were so boring I moved to another game. I've never felt that way about an Assassin's Creed game before, but just haven't been able get into the new one, since it's felt move like a movie than a video game.