The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Old 03-15-2013, 03:22 PM   #951
Storm22
Side-Kick

Default Re: Assassinīs Creed III - Part 2

Once you finish the game there are still enemies left to fight, lots of soldiers.

Old 03-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #952
James
Built from Lego

Awesome, thanks!

I might actually finish an AC game for once!

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:43 PM   #953
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Is there any equivalent of your team of assassins in III?

Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #954
James
Built from Lego

From what I can tell so far you gradually collect new friends who you can order to do different things. One guy can assassinate targets, another can start a riot, etc. You give the order and they come out of nowhere.

Old 03-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #955
Frico
Live by the creed

To me that was one of the best features with the recruits this time around. I especially liked the covert group ability. That was incredibly useful when raiding Templar forts. I even went a step further by putting the prison outfit on Connor to sell the whole thing.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Frico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #956
James
Built from Lego

How do you switch outfits?

Old 03-15-2013, 08:06 PM   #957
Frico
Live by the creed

You can switch between outfits at the general stores even though it says they're purchased. Just click on them and once you exit Connor will have the selected outfit. There are also special outfits that can be accessed at the manor.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 03-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #958
James
Built from Lego

Thanks!

Old 03-15-2013, 08:14 PM   #959
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frico View Post
To me that was one of the best features with the recruits this time around. I especially liked the covert group ability. That was incredibly useful when raiding Templar forts. I even went a step further by putting the prison outfit on Connor to sell the whole thing.
The only time I used the recruits was when the game needed me too. Without Arrow Storm they seemed kinda useless.

AxlsAppetite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:21 PM   #960
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
The only time I used the recruits was when the game needed me too. Without Arrow Storm they seemed kinda useless.
Yeah I used the covert option more than any other and rarely called upon them at all. I felt like you didn't need them most of the time. I used Covert for a couple Templar forts then challenged myself with the stealthy approach which was fun. Frustrating at times, but fun.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:43 PM   #961
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Has no one else here played (Episode 2 of The Tyranny of King Washington) The Betrayal?

Finished it last night, and it was pretty good.

I wish there was a way to retcon the Eagle powers into the main story. Would make gameplay much more interesting.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:08 PM   #962
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Eagle powers make you want to use the rooftops which is rare in this game. It's really fun .

Old 03-21-2013, 04:36 AM   #963
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I like the animal powers. But for main games, I'd rather use my cunning, good timing and skill than rely on super powers.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:22 AM   #964
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Agreed.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #965
AxlsAppetite
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
I like the animal powers. But for main games, I'd rather use my cunning, good timing and skill than rely on super powers.
In that case you should challenge yourself and play with the HUD off. The stealthy parts are hard but fighting with no HUD looks almost cinematic.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:07 AM   #966
carrrnuttt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
I completed the main game with no powers already. I just want an alternative experience, just like when you play through other games in new+ mode.

It'll be great for replayability.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:39 PM   #967
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I just beat the game (yeah I'm late, I know). I have to say I really liked it. The story was gripping, probably my favorite in the series so far. I loved Connor; I don't get why people don't like him, sure he's not as cool as Ezio, but that's not a bad thing. Not every Assassin can be this suave badass, Connor was different and I liked it.

New York and Boston are cool locations to travel in. Though, they're sort of a pain to travel in, since the enemy AI is so damn aggressive.

I loved fighting through the Revolutionary War, the history geek in me was so happy. I wish there was a bit more of it though.

The soundtrack was great, easily my favorite of the whole series. I especially love the main theme.

I do have two big gripes though, the horse riding and the hunting. The horse riding is really bad, it's barely improve since AC2. What's so hard about making it similar to RDR's horse rising? That game made it fun to ride horses, the AC series makes it a pain. As for hunting, I HATE how you have to do a QTE when a predator attacks you. I don't usually hate QTEs, but this is just obnoxious. I really hope they change that in AC4.

All-in-all, AC3 is a great game and I'm not seeing some of the hate it's bern getting. Adam Sesslet compared it to Street Fighter III, it's something different that the fans didn't really expect so they're hating on it. Hopefully AC3 will end up like SF3 and overtime people will come to appreciate it. I give AC3 a 8.5/10, tying it with Brotherhood as my second favorite in the series after AC2.

I'm really excited for AC4, infect it's my most anticipated game of the year. But I hope Ubisoft doesn't abandon Connor and that we see more of him in the future. A ame set during the French Revolution would be nice.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #968
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Connor was definitely a badass, but I think the reason why most people didn't like him all that much was because he didn't really seem like he fit in as an Assassin. He didn't really seem to care about the Order and it was all sort of forced onto him and into the game.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 AM   #969
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I don't think it was Connor as a character so much as it was the overall tone of the game. I think they put TOO much emphasis on historical references and truth rather than actual narrative. The most interesting parts of the narrative were Connor's relationship with Achilles and his role as a Native American but they spent too much time doing the 'Red Dead' thing where Connor goes from one influential white person to another doing fetch quests.

That Paul Revere mission? Who cared? Sure it happened but why did Connor need to be there? Why didn't he spend more personal time with George Washington? From a narrative perspective, if you look at the Ezio games, they very expertly interweaved the historical stuff with the fictional stuff. In AC 3 it just felt like they very delicately placed the narrative and fiction on top of the historical stuff.

Great, it's realistic. But what do we end up with? 2 large but extremely similar and generic cities. A story high on politics and ethics but low on actual drama and narrative purpose. Then there are the missions themselves. I mean, how did they manage to make the missions set during a WAR over a native American warrior/assassin's whole lifetime LESS interesting than a 2 year period of a mid 60's Italian dude in Revelations?

It's great that they started early on AC 3 but I think they REALLY needed to look more to the other games for guidance because as fantastic as I thought the combat and free running was this time around, it felt like there were heaps of design choices that just ignored the finely developed stuff of the previous games.

That's why I have hope for AC IV Black Flag. I think there is definite room for them to build. The game had a great solid basis for gameplay and with the right story and overall gameplay loop design, we could get something special.

I mean, just look at the naval combat. In AC 3 it was a fun idea but overall amounted to very little. In AC 4, it looks like we're getting what people THOUGHT was in aC 3. Full control of a ship, naval exploration, freedom to board other vessels etc.

I'm really hoping they take this approach to the rest and really try and push that envelope. From the gameplay trailer so far at least the cities seem distinct. Here's hoping for more than bland follow quests.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #970
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyVille View Post
Connor was definitely a badass, but I think the reason why most people didn't like him all that much was because he didn't really seem like he fit in as an Assassin. He didn't really seem to care about the Order and it was all sort of forced onto him and into the game.
I saw a video of some unused dialogue from an epilogue that makes it seem that Connor was goin go all out with being an Assassin. They really should hav left it in the game.

Like I said, I hope that Ubisoft hasn't abandoned Connor now that they've gone to a new protagonist. A game like AC:R between Edward and Connor would be cool.

I was a bit disappointed with Washington's role in the game, we barely go to know him. We spent much more time with Sam Adams, who I'm now interested in learning about since he was a cool character. Does the Tyrrany DLC have a relationship between Connor and George?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #971
Storm22
Side-Kick

Loving The Tyranny of Washington DLC so far. Playing through The Betrayal now, eagle power is great!

Old 03-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #972
Frico
Live by the creed

I'm incredibly pissed off. I just purchased part 1 of Tyranny and everything was going swell until I got to the mission Justice Served. When I go to the green marker nothing happens after that. Connor can't run or use weapons. Basically a big glitch and I can't do the mission.

I went on youtube and found out I wasn't the only one having this problem. Apparently several gamers sent word about it to Ubisoft and those of us who have the glitch have to wait for a patch.

So yeah, pissed.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #973
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxlsAppetite View Post
In that case you should challenge yourself and play with the HUD off. The stealthy parts are hard but fighting with no HUD looks almost cinematic.
I most very certainly will do that!

I'm lucky enough not to have any glitches on the Tyranny missions. Can't wait for The Redemption.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:15 AM   #974
Storm22
Side-Kick

Still love the DLC but I was re-playing some of The Infamy and I ended up losing my assassin tomahawk in battle and there's no way to get it back. Had to kill one of the bluecoats and take his tomahawk instead. Bit annoying.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:19 PM   #975
Frico
Live by the creed

I lost my Assassin tomahawk through the main story and couldn't believe how or when it happend. Then I had the idea of going to a general store and VOILA! I had it again.