The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #501
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

It just dawned on me today that the chance of seeing Hank and Janet have now gone close to 0% with the news of Mags kids. I wonder what that does for the Ant-Man film.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #502
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
It just dawned on me today that the chance of seeing Hank and Janet have now gone close to 0% with the news of Mags kids. I wonder what that does for the Ant-Man film.
not if the theme for the next wave of Avengers recruits is pairs.

Wanda and Pietro
Hank and Jan
Falcon and Carol Danvers (air force and whatever branch of military sam belongs to)

Old 05-08-2013, 03:26 PM   #503
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
There's no justification to jump to that conclusion yet.
For all we know Wanda and Pietro will be introduced as villains and only turn to the good side at the end of the movie. There's still room for Hank and Janet to be introduced.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #504
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Do we really think though that they would go with 4 new characters that big? I would love it if they all showed up, but that would bring the Avengers count up to 10, with 4 being brand new. That is a lot of screen time spreading.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #505
Endeavor

Just because they're introduced doesn't mean they'll all stay as Avengers for the 3rd ensemble movie... Plus there's also the chance that older characters wont come back for the 3rd.
It would be consistent with the frequent roster changes from the comics.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:45 PM   #506
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Not all.

Keep in mind Whedon only just turned in the first draft. Wasp was in a draft of the first avengers movie when they were unsure if Scarlet would be avalible to return as black widow. Whedon has said he really enjoyed writing wasp.

Feige himself has indicated that its not set in stone Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in the final movie. Thing change alot in the developmental stage which is what the avengers sequel is in.

Edgar, Joe and Kevin will sit down later this year and do some script work on the Ant-Man script including working it more into the MCU. Whedon will cast an eye over it as well.

Old 05-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #507
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Just because they're introduced doesn't mean they'll all stay as Avengers for the 3rd ensemble movie... Plus there's also the chance that older characters wont come back for the 3rd.
It would be consistent with the frequent roster changes from the comics.
All 6 will return. Unless something happens with the negotiations, they are going to bring the whole crew back for the first sequel. People will be expecting it, and that is how the end of the first film left it. They are the Avengers for the vast majority of the audience.

Now I am not really talking about a 3rd film. Heck maybe not all of them would make it out of the film. But I just don't think they would try and juggle 6 Avengers, introducing 4 new ones, plus SHIELD and the villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Not all.

Keep in mind Whedon only just turned in the first draft. Wasp was in a draft of the first avengers movie when they were unsure if Scarlet would be avalible to return as black widow. Whedon has said he really enjoyed writing wasp.

Feige himself has indicated that its not set in stone Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver will be in the final movie. Thing change alot in the developmental stage which is what the avengers sequel is in.

Edgar, Joe and Kevin will sit down later this year and do some script work on the Ant-Man script including working it more into the MCU. Whedon will cast an eye over it as well.
That is different. If they drop the siblings that would change a lot of things.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:00 PM   #508
Endeavor

Quote:
Now I am not really talking about a 3rd film. Heck maybe not all of them would make it out of the film. But I just don't think they would try and juggle 6 Avengers, introducing 4 new ones, plus SHIELD and the villain.
Ok but that's why I made the comment that we don't know yet that the twins will be brought in as Avengers from the get-go.
If we have a scenario where the twins are introduced as villains, like they were in the X-Men comics, then you'd have your 6 Avengers and possibly intro 2 more (Hank and Janet). I don't think that would be too much, especially if they cut out focus on the Shield background characters.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 PM   #509
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Ant-Man follows Avengers 2 so at the very least I think might expect a after credit scene.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #510
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Ok but that's why I made the comment that we don't know yet that the twins will be brought in as Avengers from the get-go.
If we have a scenario where the twins are introduced as villains, like they were in the X-Men comics, then you'd have your 6 Avengers and possibly intro 2 more (Hank and Janet). I don't think that would be too much, especially if they cut out focus on the Shield background characters.
It is possible, but my initiate feeling is that they wouldn't be villains, at least not knowing ones. I know it is very early, but I would think they would be brought in "Ultimates" style.

Old 05-08-2013, 10:53 PM   #511
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I lean to the side saying "this reduces the odds of Hank and Jan." It doesn't *eliminate* the possibility, but it does lower it. This, concurrently, ups the odds that Ant-Man will star Scott Lang, with the "Hank Pym as retired former scientist/hero" element.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:10 PM   #512
Endeavor

That would suck profusely

Old 05-09-2013, 02:00 AM   #513
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I would be very angry if that were to happen.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 AM   #514
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Do we really think though that they would go with 4 new characters that big? I would love it if they all showed up, but that would bring the Avengers count up to 10, with 4 being brand new. That is a lot of screen time spreading.
Its possible, since this is not the first Avengers movie and half of the old cast already appeared in the other MCU movies after the 1st Avengers movie.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-09-2013, 05:20 AM   #515
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The Avengers do not have a 10-man roster (until recently). There's always a limit of 7-8 at a time with a rotation of characters. Not to mention Joss said he wants to go deeper with ALL of the characters from the first movie and introducing 4 (or 6 heroes like some of you oddly speculate) makes no sense.

Quote:
I've always found it laughable that people thought they would be in it in the first place and tried to tell you guys. But of course, fanboy blind hope trumps actual logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I lean to the side saying "this reduces the odds of Hank and Jan." It doesn't *eliminate* the possibility, but it does lower it. This, concurrently, ups the odds that Ant-Man will star Scott Lang, with the "Hank Pym as retired former scientist/hero" element.
How?

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-09-2013 at 05:24 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #516
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
But of course, fanboy blind hope trumps actual logic.
Which is in turn trumped by condescension. I can almost feel the sneer three states away.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #517
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
How?
Every additional new character decreases the odds of further characters being added, simply because there is a practical limit to the cast size. Its not a sure thing, certainly, because there isn't a hard limit on cast size, but if you already have, say, 12 main characters? Its more likely that Whedon is going to say "Okay, I don't have enough screen time to handle two more people."

In turn, if Hank and Jan *are* in Avengers, than it would be kind of silly to spin off a movie starring a different Ant-Man than in the ( most likely ) billion dollar mega hit earlier in the year. However, if Hank isn't in Avengers, there isn't the same incentive to have him star in Ant-Man.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:36 PM   #518
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I meant how does it up the chances of Scott Lang being the star and Hank being old.

EDIT: I'm very confused on how Hank not being in the Avengers creates less incentive to have him star as Ant-Man, while at the same time him being in Avengers decreases it as well. You might as well just say you think Scott is going to be Ant-Man no matter what.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #519
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Every additional new character decreases the odds of further characters being added, simply because there is a practical limit to the cast size. Its not a sure thing, certainly, because there isn't a hard limit on cast size, but if you already have, say, 12 main characters? Its more likely that Whedon is going to say "Okay, I don't have enough screen time to handle two more people."

In turn, if Hank and Jan *are* in Avengers, than it would be kind of silly to spin off a movie starring a different Ant-Man than in the ( most likely ) billion dollar mega hit earlier in the year. However, if Hank isn't in Avengers, there isn't the same incentive to have him star in Ant-Man.
they might both appear as S.H.I.E.L.D scientists (makes sense to develop a science team instead of relying on Stark and/or Banner); for their first appearance. from that position, they could easily set up Vision and Ultron. they could suit up for the final battle/let it be a surprise.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #520
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
possibly. but he also said that he was trying to fit it more into the regular marvel universe. with the time slide, Pym might have retired his costumed identity but be physically viable enough to pick up a new one (i.e. Giant-Man), in one of the Avengers movies. they're already obliged to include him in the Ant-Man movie; to explain Pym Particles/their creation.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:27 PM   #521
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
I meant how does it up the chances of Scott Lang being the star and Hank being old.

EDIT: I'm very confused on how Hank not being in the Avengers creates less incentive to have him star as Ant-Man, while at the same time him being in Avengers decreases it as well. You might as well just say you think Scott is going to be Ant-Man no matter what.
You misunderstand me. If he's in Avengers, it increases the odds of him also being the hero of Ant-Man. If you remove that factor, than it decreases the odds of him being the hero of Ant-Man simply by virtue of a positive factor being removed. And Scott Lang I presume benefits from any reduction in Hank's odds because of Wright's prior favorable comments towards Lang.

Old 05-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #522
VictorShade
Side-Kick

I'm hoping that Avengers 2 breaks down like this.
Tony, having blown up his suits and having his heart fixed/arc reactor removed = unavailable. Consultant only. Thor, off in Asgard, unavailable. Banner keeping a low profile, unavailable.
Cap being the only one of the big four available, Shield assembles the mach 2 Avengers ala Avengers #16. Cap, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Hawkeye, and though canonwise, not correct, Black Widow.
Along with these please ad Hank and Jan! Plus they may want to feature Falcon as a carryover from Cap2. Because you bout gotta have at least one flyer! (sure Jan's a flyer, but only when she's tiny, not visually impressive against a sky background) Hank can become Giant Man to make up for some of the raw strenth lost with Thor and Hulk.
Remember, they're alot of different Avengers line-ups that need to be touched on. Working with a new version of the second line-upfrom the comics might not be to far a stretch for Avengers 2. THor, Hulk and Tony, who has built a new suit with the arc reactor built in it, can all arrive at climactic end battle to help save the day maybe.

Last edited by VictorShade; 05-10-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #523
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

Wright has always said he loves the "To Steal an Ant-Man" story.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:50 AM   #524
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Ant-Man would probably be saved for The Avengers 3. And his film is post-Avengers 2. I have no problem with it.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #525
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

If Edgar is going to somewhat follow To Steal An Ant-Man I wonder if Pym will know its Lang who stole his costume and keep tabs on him like he did in To Steal An Ant-Man?

Instead of getting knocked out by Cross Technological Enterprises security devices preventing him from helping Lang he could get captured and then later freed by Lang. They then team up to take down the villain.

Instead of working for Stark industries Lang could work for Cross Technological Enterprises.
Is he going to have Cross Technological Enterprises villains Darren Agonistes Cross, Augustine Cross and Crossfire?

Crossfire is a former CIA agent and expert in the field of brainwashing, robotics and cybernetics. They could redesign Crossfires supervillain foot soldiers the Death T.H.R.O.W.S". (Techno Hybird Remotely Operated Weapons Systems) that are robotic constructs that obey only his commands and each carry a small capable arsenal concealed within their armored shells.

I could see Darren Cross as the villain with his Cousin Crossfire as his henchman. I'm not sure if Darren Cross should turn into a pink Hulk though. I would say perhaps he could get superpowered by some of the nanotechnology Edgar was talking about but that would be too similar to Killian.