Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 06:57 PM   #776
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
the trash heap has spoken.
Please lets be nice to each other! xeno is nice and we may have different opinions than one another but shouldn't be a reason to attack each other because of it.

Ant-Man is awesome, lets talk about that!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #777
Ant-manic
Banned User

Th Wink Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Please lets be nice to each other! xeno is nice and we may have different opinions than one another but shouldn't be a reason to attack each other because of it.

Ant-Man is awesome, lets talk about that!
i'd prefer to.

"Scott is a nobody in a stolen suit whose back story is a cliche." xeno being nice

Old 08-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #778
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Voicing an opinion is not trolling. If I called everyone a troll who said bad things about some of my favorite movies, I'd wear out the letters on my keyboard.

Xeno is opinionated. She is not a troll. We don't always agree, but she's not someone who would put down someone personally.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:03 PM   #779
Ant-manic
Banned User

i'm glad that Pym was boxed out of the Avengers movie. he's a wife-beating piece of garbage. there's nothing lamer than a guy who has everything (height, stereotypical aryan features, super-genius intellect, & a rich wife) and still has an inferiority complex. if only Firebird's siesta had been longer.

i do hope that they find some way to include Janet Van Dyne in one of the Avengers sequels. there's nothing wrong with her character. i'd also be cool with her co-discovering Pym particles and being a widow.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #780
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I enjoy sarcastic posts the most. The author doesn't take the direct route to work out a problem--because that's for sissies. Instead, they make you read through the lines to mold their true intent from a clay mixture of passive anger and humor.

I appreciate that.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 PM   #781
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i'm glad that Pym was boxed out of the Avengers movie. he's a wife-beating piece of garbage.
Do you feel the same way about Mr. Fantastic and Spider-Man? Because they both hit their own wives the exact same number of times that Hank Pym hit Janet, except that neither of them was crazy at the time like Hank was. So how is it Hank is a "wife-beating piece of garbage", but not Reed or Peter?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 PM   #782
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
So how is it Hank is a "wife-beating piece of garbage", but not Reed or Peter?
Because reasons.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-02-2013, 01:17 AM   #783
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

When John Byrne used Pym during the WCA days.He was basically Brainiac 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_5).

Old 08-02-2013, 12:16 PM   #784
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Because reasons.
It has to do with... you know... quantum!

Oh yeah, remember the time when Hawkeye took the side of the guy WHO RAPED HIS WIFE and berated her for letting him die? What a prince, right? He totally deserves to be in a movie more than Hank Pym.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:57 PM   #785
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Do you feel the same way about Mr. Fantastic and Spider-Man?
yes. I feel the same way about Mr. Fantastic and Spider-man.

Quote:

Oh yeah, remember the time when Hawkeye took the side of the guy WHO RAPED HIS WIFE and berated her for letting him die? What a prince, right? He totally deserves to be in a movie more than Hank Pym.
I wouldn't have missed him; had they not included him in Avengers 1.

Old 08-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #786
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
When John Byrne used Pym during the WCA days.He was basically Brainiac 5 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brainiac_5).

he seems very in touch with his feminine side in that bio pic. is Brainiac also anatomically incorrect?

Old 08-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #787
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:

did Pym rape Clint's wife? I remember Hawkeye buddying up to Hank after the backhand incident. that's kind of strange given Clint's past. he ran away from home because his mother was getting beaten up. given that, Clint seriously failed Janet; his supposed friend.

Old 08-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #788
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
yes. I feel the same way about Mr. Fantastic and Spider-man.
So I take it you never saw any of the four Spider-Man movies or the two Fantastic Four movies, since you feel so strongly about the times when both Spider-Man and Mr. Fantastic hit their wives in the comics?

Quote:
I wouldn't have missed him; had they not included him in Avengers 1.
So I take it you never saw the Avengers, since it included a man who took the part of the man who raped his wife rather than taking her side?

Quote:
did Pym rape Clint's wife?
Wow, you think Pym raped Mockingbird? Are you just making things up now? It was the Phantom Rider.

Quote:
I remember Hawkeye buddying up to Hank after the backhand incident. that's kind of strange given Clint's past. he ran away from home because his mother was getting beaten up. given that, Clint seriously failed Janet; his supposed friend.
Wait, you're defending Hawkeye? He's the guy who yelled at his wife for letting her rapist die and said that the rapist had a different version of events. Why do you stick up for Hawkeye, who was NOT insane when he drove his wife's name into the mud, but not for Hank Pym, who WAS insane at the time? Come to think of it, where're your forum posts decrying Sony and Fox for bringing those wife beaters Spider-Man and Mr. Fantastic to the screen?

Old 08-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #789
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
So I take it you never saw any of the four Spider-Man movies or the two Fantastic Four movies, since you feel so strongly about the times when both Spider-Man and Mr. Fantastic hit their wives in the comics?
i'm not sure what you're getting at. i never suggested that i was boycotting the Ant-Man movie. and we already know that scumbag character will be in it. why would that be different for Fantastic Four or Spider-man?

Quote:
So I take it you never saw the Avengers, since it included a man who took the part of the man who raped his wife rather than taking her side?
he was forgettable.

Quote:
Wow, you think Pym raped Mockingbird? Are you just making things up now? It was the Phantom Rider.
literal mindedness is about what i would expect.

Quote:
Wait, you're defending Hawkeye? He's the guy who yelled at his wife for letting her rapist die and said that the rapist had a different version of events. Why do you stick up for Hawkeye, who was NOT insane when he drove his wife's name into the mud, but not for Hank Pym, who WAS insane at the time? Come to think of it, where're your forum posts decrying Sony and Fox for bringing those wife beaters Spider-Man and Mr. Fantastic to the screen?
i didn't defend Hawkeye; even once. i said that he let Jan down. you're reading comprehension skills need work.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #790
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

For an' 'ol timer myself & for others. Pym not going to be the creator of Ultron and won't get any Avengers 161/162 reference(s):

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM   #791
Compi716
The SHH! Jew

Posted this in the Casting thread, but it should go here, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
This could be nothing, or it could be 'cause Edgar Wright is directing the film, but...Simon Pegg just tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/simonpegg/status...780352/photo/1

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Old 08-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #792
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

I still think Pegg as Ant-Man would be cool, but hey, that's just me.

Old 08-15-2013, 05:49 PM   #793
Ant-manic
Banned User

i'd gladly accept Pegg as Scott Lang. i don't much see him as Pym, though. Martin Freeman might make a good Pym; if Pegg is Lang.

http://themovieblog.com/wp-content/u...in-freeman.jpg

Old 08-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #794
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terror Inc. View Post
I still think Pegg as Ant-Man would be cool, but hey, that's just me.
Not just you, I pegged (heh) him as Lang ages ago. No so much Hank Pym but w/e.

- Ryōkan

Old 08-16-2013, 02:51 AM   #795
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

*sigh*

"FFS the Internet," he writes. "All I did was point at the central character in my dear friend's next movie, because I'm excited for him."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...edia-prankster

- Ryōkan

Old 08-16-2013, 10:02 PM   #796
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I dunno if I'd want him to be Lang (or Pym) but I would love for Pegg to be involved somehow. If he's in a movie, I'm guaranteed to see it. The World's End is higher on my excitement list than most comic book movies at this point.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:28 PM   #797
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Pegg isn't going to be in the movie as he told the Huffington Post

Quote:
"Yeah, what's funny is that I read Edgar's script for "Ant-Man" and it's going to be great. I'm very excited about it and I can't wait. I love watching stuff that Edgar directs that I'm not in. I love watching Nick [Frost] because I can be a bit more objective about it. I'm not so invested in it personally -- I can actually sit back and be a fan. Like, I love "Scott Pilgrim" and I was so happy that film was so good because I was so proud of Edgar. And I'm very proud Edgar's going to be doing a Marvel movie and I can't wait to see it. I don't want to be in it, in a way -- not that he'd want me to be in it, either -- because we have to keep our different houses separate. I can't be in everything Edgar does. It would be a shame, our own little brand exists in a bubble we have to kind of protect. It would almost sully that."
Edgar and Feige have said there is a list of guys they have talked about for the role of Ant-Man over years. It would be interesting to know who was on that list.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:32 AM   #798
Terror Inc.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
*sigh*

"FFS the Internet," he writes. "All I did was point at the central character in my dear friend's next movie, because I'm excited for him."

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...edia-prankster
Well, it was wishful thinking at best, but no biggie I guess. Just can't wait to see this flick!

Old 08-18-2013, 08:28 PM   #799
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

thank god. Not a big fan of him

Old 08-20-2013, 01:47 PM   #800
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

"Ant-Man is not going to represent 50 years of Marvel comics"

Quote:
"I think there's something in that it's a lesser known character, there's hopefully more license," said Wright. "For the one percent of people who are like, 'Wait, Hank Pym would never do that!' there's 99 percent going, 'Who's Hank Pym?' So, to me, the source material is great but it also frees you up to be like: I'm going to make a movie. The movie is not going to represent 50 years of Marvel comics because that's impossible."
Regarding Ultron not being in his script:

Quote:
"Even just to sort of set up what Ant-Man does is enough for one movie," explained Wright. "It's why I think 'Iron Man' is extremely successful, because it keeps it really simple. You have one sort of—the villain comes from the hero's technology. It's simple. So I think why that film really works and why, sometimes, superhero films fail—or they have mixed results—because they have to set up a hero and a villain at the same time. And that's really tough. And sometimes it's unbalanced... Comics have years to explain this stuff and in a movie you have to focus on one thing. So it's about kind of streamlining, I think. Some of the most successful origin films actually have a narrower focus. You cannot put 50 years of the Marvel universe into a movie. It's impossible."