Manhunter (Mark Shaw)
Bronze Tiger
Sportsmaster

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #27
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Default Re: Heroes you want to appear

Batman, Nightwing, Robin, the Question, Katana, Amanda Waller, Steve Trevor, Wonder Woman, Catwoman

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #28
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Would love Wildcat, he'd be perfect for this world. With his Black Canary connections would also be a great fit character reason wise.

Also would love Rick Flagg, maybe we could even get the Losers.

As much as I'd love to see Nightwing I wouldn't want him before Batman.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #29
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Blackhawks would be good.

Hawkman can be "power"less tech.

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #30
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Blackhawks would be good.

Hawkman can be "power"less tech.
Blackhawks would rock, infact I could see them been involved in a situation where Ollie needs help taking down a group of villains.

Old 10-27-2012, 01:20 PM   #31
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

If they bring in Batman, they would have to address the whole killing thing. I think Batman and Gotham being brought in would be the turning point for Ollie to stop killing criminals. Think about it. If Ollie sees that Batman is able to keep people safe without killing criminals in a city where crime and corruption are 100 times worse than in Starling City, then maybe he will have an epiphany and change his ways. Either that or Ollie will call Batman out on his no-killing policy and will point out all the people that died because he let the Joker live or something similar to that. But either way, they'll definitely address the killing thing if they bring in Batman.

Shikamaru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:34 PM   #32
protocida
Side-Kick

I hope they don't bring in Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

protocida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM   #33
xisaacx
trademarks us miserable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Would be nice if Batman showed up down the road. Or at least Nightwing, since they mentioned Bludhaven in the preview for episode 4.
Batman would be really awesome, but I think they will just stick to a bunch of his secondary characters in case we get a batman like show in the same style as smallville/arrow. WHICH would be ****ing epic in scale.

Im sure they will mention Wayne industries and etc

Old 10-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I do want Batman and Superman but not until season 3 or after. Don't get me wrong I won't cry if we never get them but I do believe by season 3 they'll start to introduce more supernatural elements.

Personally I wouldn't mind them ackowledging that superheroes exist later on (i.e. season 3) but not introduce Superman, Batman etc until the big finale where it could end with Oliver joining the Justice League.

Old 10-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #35
Nightwing 52
Things change

DEFINITELY The Question. He's my number one choice and I think it could work really well if handled correctly.

Followed by Wildcat and Katanna. Katanna is getting a push by being in the new BOP, JLA and soon Beware The Batman. So I wouldn't be surprised if we see her down the road.

This is what I love about the DCU. Even if the show isn't including powers there are so many great non powered heroes to fall back on.

Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #36
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

I think the writers could do something excellent with NightWing. I would be pumped to see him.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:43 PM   #37
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Need I say more?

Green Lantern is such an integral part in the history of Green Arrow comics that I'd be highly disappointed if he doesn't even appear once, hopefully he'll have the same role Green Arrow had on 'Smallville' of being a supporting character later in the series.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:37 PM   #38
az824
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
Wildcat should basically be a must. He should be the one who helped train Dinah and can be a connection to her mother.
Yeah I'd be very excited to see this happen. I hope it does in some future seasons

az824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:36 AM   #39
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
But they're both stretchy guys. Stretchiness is a super power. So neither would fit the no-powers rule.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think eventually they'll start doing super powered heroes of the show goes beyond 3 seasons anyway.
HighFivingMF: That's why I suggested Elongated Man

Airwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #40
DarKush
Side-Kick

Question
Vigilante
Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
Birds of Prey
Cameron Chase
Bronze Tiger
Steel
Blue Beetle
Arrowette
Artemis
Wildcat
Arsenal
Gangbuster
Black Lightning
Batwoman
Grifter

DarKush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:43 AM   #41
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
I think the writers could do something excellent with NightWing. I would be pumped to see him.
I'd love Nightwing but if you do him without Batman do you then have a Nightwing that exists with or without Batman?

Old 11-02-2012, 01:55 PM   #42
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Kate Spencer/ Manhunter!

With Stana Katic cast!

aNarcHy2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:19 PM   #43
godisawesome
Side-Kick

How about just all the Manhunters? They've each got a somewhat similar MO while having radically different origins, personalities, and character flaws. Have Dan Richards be the veteran leader, Paul Kirk as the field leader, Chase Lawler as the weird naturalistic hunter guy, Kate Spencer as the up and coming warrior woman, and Mark Shaw as the cheerful rogue with a dark side. Have them hunt villains and Arrow for a few episodes.

And since we apparently already have Huntress coming, I wouldn't mind seeing the Bat-family appearing. Though I am tempted to have it be a veteran Batman treated as the Dreaded by the bad-guys, and if you're going to introduce them, you need to establish just how feared and scary Gotham is. Maybe have a character say the reason so many bad guys are in Starling City is because they know to stay away from Gotham.

godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:47 AM   #44
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

How about Azrael?
No Batman, just Azrael as a brainwashed assassin trained and brainwashed by the Cult of St. Dumas? So Ollie must face a sort of zombie assassin with a flaming sword?
He could be like a parallel or mirror to Ollie's Arrow. He was brought into this cult by his father who was the previous Azrael, similar to how Ollie was brought into being Arrow by his father. He is a extremely trained assassin who feels its his duty, destiny, holy mission, to kill those who deserve it similar to how Ollie is after those listed in the book. He isn't interested in crime, but sinners. Which would be a big part of his character that separates him maybe. Although I haven't seen the last Arrow so I don't know if Ollie is just after those in the book or crime as well. (Shh. don't tell me, I DVRed it.)
Jean-Paul Valley, I think it would be cool, doesn't just see himself as getting vengeance or justice, but as a messenger or angel of death. Not a mere human vigilante assassin. While Ollie knows he is a man and is on a mission for his father.
Also he has no powers and his costume would be easy to do, knight in shining armor styled assassin, and explained as easy as Ollie's.
Plus it would be really cool to hear this before he attacks:
Quote:
Know that men call you liar! Know that men call you betrayer! Know that men call you defiler! Therefore, it is the duty of the angel Azrael to bring you punishment -- the punishment of death by fiery sword!

Manhunters would be cool. A bunch of trained assassins doing what Ollie is doing pop out of everywhere. But that sort of goes with my idea above so I would rather see Azrael.
I think, eventually, they will have cameos and I heard this show is trying to go all out with who they show, but I really hope they save the superheroes for later. Maybe Huntress but no Batman or Superman or big names.
My natural want is to see Hal Jordan show up, Ollie's buddy in the comics. His best super-friend. But Hal would be too expensive plus they might have a no powers rule on the show for now. So I don't know who. Eventually we will get Black Cannary, but who else could show up that Ollie is friends with but who has no real powers and who wouldn't outshine him?
How about a cameo like this, a blond CSI agent comes to Starling City to investigate the death of a Coast City rogue, just bring in Barry. No Flash, no super speed. Just Barry in a small cameo.

I also like the idea of Rick Flagg,

Amanda Waller,

and Checkmate and/or even the Suicide Squad from New Frontier would be cool,

like maybe Arrow gets into some sort of political thing with one of his targets. Gets dragged into this big political espionage thing for that episode. How about Peacemaker? A government trained agent?
I'd also be happy if Dr. John Henry Irons (not Steel) popped up at some point. Maybe a representative from Lex Corp would be cool, but again not Luther himself. Just some rep. Maybe Lois Lane as a reporter but no superman please, she could be on the cover of a newspaper or magazine. What about Dr. Ray Palmer? Just hints at the outside world.
WildCat would be perfect too.

Last edited by Artistsean; 11-03-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:55 PM   #45
Rob Lobo
Side-Kick

Vigilante, Greg Sanders version. He could be a Sheriff coming to Starling City on a case. Instead of being a singing cowboy, he rides his motorbike whistle or play harmonica with the vibe of Harmonica from Once Upon a Time in the West.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:16 PM   #46
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Since they may not have any characters with powers, it's likely going to be a DCU without powers thus focusing on non-powered heroes.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #47
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
Wildcat
Connor Hawke
Roy Harper
The Clock King
Count Vertigo
Rick Flag, Jr.
Manhunter (Mark Shaw)
Bronze Tiger
Sportsmaster
Clock King is a villain, if I'm not mistaken

Airwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #48
Artistsean
Monkey Boy

I'd like to see some other non powered heroes show up, those who mirror Ollie, or show what his future could be like, those who show what his past was like (I guess later in the show), and characters who sees as possible partners in his mission. I want his character to progress beyond the book of names and maybe into defending the helpless rather than punishing names in a book. I would really like to see his character also progress into the very liberal character he is in the comics, and very political. Maybe cameos from DC non powered heroes could help with that. But not like Smallville did it, Ollie should always be the star of the episode.

Artistsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #49
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I'd love Nightwing but if you do him without Batman do you then have a Nightwing that exists with or without Batman?
IMO they could just mention Batman, and just not ever bring his character on the show. Have NightWing say something about being trained by Batman, and Ollie could pull a new 52 Green Lantern quote of "Batman, he's real?"

The show has already mentioned Bludhaven twice I believe.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #50
Changeling
Banned User

Nightwing
Nightwing
Nightwing
Nightwing
Nightwing
Nightwing
Nightwing