The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #101
yogamble
Side-Kick

Default Re: "The Walking Dead" developed by Frank Darabont and AMC - Part 7

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I really hope Michonne doesn't get raped. Rape scenes always have left a bad taste in my mouth. What are the circumstances in the comics about how it happens?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #102
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Oh okay, thanks.

I thought it was kind of funny that Andrea expressed a sympathy and loyalty to Michonne's pets since "they protected us for months".

Michonne gave her another one of her looks. "B--ch please".
Yeah Michonne is one girl I would not want to mess with, especially if she has her sword in hand.

I wonder though if she has had people in and out of her life her whole life, or if losing family like everyone else during the fallout has made her this hard cold person.

I suspect we will get some flashbacks of her and her pets or at least hope so. I wish there was an episode prior to Ep. 3 last night that showed or explained her pets a little more. Other than Sophia they were the only walkers I felt sorry to see go, but liked them more than Sophia because they were domesticated in their own weird walker way.

I wonder if Michonne will find their heads and body and stick their heads back onto their bodies lol. The Exec producer last night hinted at something about seeing the pets again. I wonder if this will be in a flashback or if she will put their heads back on. Who knows maybe putting the heads back on will work lol.
What do you think?

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 10-29-2012, 10:27 AM   #103
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Well after the way Andrea spilled the beans to the Governor at the breakfast table, I don't blame Michonne for keeping her in the dark.

Andrea is the only kink in Michonne's armor.
I didn't think about that lol. Yeah, I agree. Andrea is getting a little too friendly which is weird because on the farm she was starting to become more cold. I wonder if Dale's death and her near death experience is the reason she is opening up more and being so opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogamble View Post
I really hope Michonne doesn't get raped. Rape scenes always have left a bad taste in my mouth. What are the circumstances in the comics about how it happens?
Yeah, that would leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth lol. I could see that happening though implicit. Maybe the governor will catch her snooping around and order his men to 'condition' her. Didn't he say he sold trains? If you don't get that pun then nevermind, but yeah I can see something crazy like that happening.

Anyway, I think Meryl will turn on the governor. I got the sense that he was unsettled after shooting the soldiers. He didn't look to happy about that, plus I think he really just wants his brother and something will make him forgive Rick and T-Dawg though not lightly.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:33 AM   #104
yogamble
Side-Kick

Quote:
Anyway, I think Meryl will turn on the governor. I got the sense that he was unsettled after shooting the soldiers. He didn't look to happy about that, plus I think he really just wants his brother and something will make him forgive Rick and T-Dawg though not lightly.
The look Meryl gave after the soldiers were shot made me think of the disgusted look he gives in the beginning of Tombstone when the cowboys take the bride off to rape her. I'm holding out for a hero Meryl

who saves Michonne before she gets raped.

Last edited by yogamble; 10-29-2012 at 10:39 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:41 AM   #105
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
The look Meryl gave after the soldiers were shot made me think of the disgusted look he gives in the beginning of Tombstone when the cowboys take the bride off to rape her. I'm holding out for a hero Meryl

who saves Michonne before she gets raped.
Glad I wasn't the only one that caught that or felt that way. I just hope the Governor doesn't kill Meryl for getting in his way of trying to kill Rick, Daryl and the group.

I could never understand why people don't just shoot people when they have the chance, especially if you know it's the right thing to do lol.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:50 AM   #106
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
I can't stand her at all. She reminds me of Michelle Rodriguez. Trying to act tough and constantly giving "tough guy" looks to everyone. Ridiculous...
Oh, you'll see. Give her time. And unlike Michelle Rodriguez, Michonne gets serious **** done.

I just love how people don't really know what's coming yet. You know I was thinking more about why I love the changes from the comic. Especially with this episode in finally seeing Woodbury and the Governor. I've been waiting a long time for seeing all of these things. So as much as I love the changes, when the comic accurate stuff does happen, it just makes it more rewarding to see them rather than seeing them all the time. I get more excited about this show with its changes sprinkled with the comic stuff than I would if this show was extremely close to the comic.

The Governor being a great example. I love the change of approach to his introduction in his ambiguity. After what he did at the end of the episode he's still a guy that can go either way. It will make what's to come even more rewarding. The build up in how they're foreshadowing things has just been fantastic.

I gotta say, I'm liking this approach more than the comic. Because now its about the wait and the road getting there. And the road is pretty damn exciting so far.

Last edited by Doctor Jones; 10-29-2012 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:34 AM   #107
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Yeah Michonne is one girl I would not want to mess with, especially if she has her sword in hand.

I wonder though if she has had people in and out of her life her whole life, or if losing family like everyone else during the fallout has made her this hard cold person.

I suspect we will get some flashbacks of her and her pets or at least hope so. I wish there was an episode prior to Ep. 3 last night that showed or explained her pets a little more. Other than Sophia they were the only walkers I felt sorry to see go, but liked them more than Sophia because they were domesticated in their own weird walker way.

I wonder if Michonne will find their heads and body and stick their heads back onto their bodies lol. The Exec producer last night hinted at something about seeing the pets again. I wonder if this will be in a flashback or if she will put their heads back on. Who knows maybe putting the heads back on will work lol.
What do you think?
Playboy had a six page comic strip about Michoone's backstory. The Pets are her ex-boyfriend and his best friend.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:35 AM   #108
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuture View Post
Oh man, Michonne gets raped? If she has trust issues now then that will send her over the edge.

I hope Merle doesn't do it, he seems alright so far. Then again, he is a part of a crew who are murdering innocent people. I don't know...to me, if Merle rapes Michonne, it'd make it a little bit too easy for Daryl to choose the group over his brother. I want that decision to be a lot more complicated for Daryl.

It'd be interesting if Merle somehow saved Andrea and Michonne yet Rick will still not want him near the group, it would play into the new Rick who is willing to make cold decisions if he feels someone could put the group at risk.
Quote:
In the books, The governor captures Rick, Glenn and Michonne. he cuts Ricks hand off, then ties up and rapes Michonne repeatedly over the course of a few days because she wont tell where the prison is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:37 AM   #109
gkokujin
Side-Kick

you guys gotta read the books.

Normally Id say "don't" because you don't want to be spoiled or get pissed because they deviated so far from it.

But they deviate FAR from the book and yet still do the same things that happen in the book. They just do it in a different way, a way so crazy that it actually WORKS.

Thank you Walking Dead TV writers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:38 AM   #110
TheFuture
Rising

Holy crap.

Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #111
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
you guys gotta read the books.

Normally Id say "don't" because you don't want to be spoiled or get pissed because they deviated so far from it.

But they deviate FAR from the book and yet still do the same things that happen in the book. They just do it in a different way, a way so crazy that it actually WORKS.

Thank you Walking Dead TV writers!
Yeah so far I'm really enjoying season 3, it's really hard not to f*** up the prison/Woodbury arch. I really hope they follow through and do things that made that story really awesome.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:04 PM   #112
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Was I the only one who lost audio during the helicopter scene? I was able to figure it out but it sure was annoying. Luckily they are repeating the episode later so I can record it again.

Proud Co-founder of Gambitís Royal Flush
Old 10-29-2012, 12:24 PM   #113
Evelisse
Exactly

happened to me, was only on the HD channel, was fine when i switched over to the regular AMC, DISH?

Old 10-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #114
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Does anybody think that the walkers will eventually evolve to gain some type of intelligence like Big Daddy in " Land of the Dead " ? I know it hasn't happened in the comics..., yet, but do you think Kirkman will eventually go in this direction ? I just thought about this while watching " Land of the Dead " today, and thinking about the convo the Governor had with the doctor about the walkers remembering their past lives.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:39 PM   #115
Figs
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Oh, you'll see. Give her time. And unlike Michelle Rodriguez, Michonne gets serious **** done.

I just love how people don't really know what's coming yet. You know I was thinking more about why I love the changes from the comic. Especially with this episode in finally seeing Woodbury and the Governor. I've been waiting a long time for seeing all of these things. So as much as I love the changes, when the comic accurate stuff does happen, it just makes it more rewarding to see them rather than seeing them all the time. I get more excited about this show with its changes sprinkled with the comic stuff than I would if this show was extremely close to the comic.

The Governor being a great example. I love the change of approach to his introduction in his ambiguity. After what he did at the end of the episode he's still a guy that can go either way. It will make what's to come even more rewarding. The build up in how they're foreshadowing things has just been fantastic.

I gotta say, I'm liking this approach more than the comic. Because now its about the wait and the road getting there. And the road is pretty damn exciting so far.
As long as Michonne starts to talk more and relaxes a bit I might start to like her. You and a few offline friends of mine have told me that she's an ass kicker so I might end up liking her in later episodes.

As for The Governor, some of my buddies spoiled a few things from the comic and all I have to say is that guy
is a sick son of a ***** and I hope what happens to Rick in the comics doesn't happen in the show.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #116
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

^Regarding your spoiler, I'm pretty sure it won't. Kirkman said he regrets doing it.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:02 PM   #117
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
didn't realize that David Morrissey, the Governor, was from the Doctor Who episode, the Next Doctor...
Morrisey has been in alot of stuff. The original State Of Play mini series, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Basic Instinct 2, Red Riding Trilogy.

David Morrisey played a Southern accented American villain in Hilary Swank movie The Reaping as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
the gov sounds like Liam Neeson, when Neeson does his American accent
David Morrisey has the same deep sounding voice as Neeson.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #118
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
As long as Michonne starts to talk more and relaxes a bit I might start to like her. You and a few offline friends of mine have told me that she's an ass kicker so I might end up liking her in later episodes.

As for The Governor, some of my buddies spoiled a few things from the comic and all I have to say is that guy
is a sick son of a ***** and I hope what happens to Rick in the comics doesn't happen in the show.
She's being reserved for a reason and once **** goes down she will definitely prove her herself.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #119
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
what does the gov. want with rick and his crew whats this guy's plan? never read comic series
The tv "governor" is charming / but evil....the comic version...was just
EVIL DARK AND TWISTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.

They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #120
Travesty
TEOL

I'm so goddamn confused with these different Kane+#s....

Old 10-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #121
kane9321
oakland's finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I'm so goddamn confused with these different Kanes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.

They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 10-29-2012, 05:16 PM   #122
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I'm so goddamn confused with these different Kane+#s....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kane9321 View Post
Ah so you do still post here alternate universe Kane!

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=385615

Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #123
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evelisse View Post
happened to me, was only on the HD channel, was fine when i switched over to the regular AMC, DISH?
Yeah, I have Dish and it was the HD channel. At least it wasn't the whole time. I am going to record it again anyhow.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #124
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Read a huge spoiler today. Don't read if you don't want to know:

T-Dog and Lori die in next weeks episode.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #125
squeekness
The mighty squeek!

Didn't both of those things happen n the comics? Pretty sure they did.

Closed Thread