Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Default Re: ABC's Once Upon a Time - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Its a long way from being Lost, for me anyways, but its intriguing.
My thoughts exactly. But, the show has been steadily increasing in my eyes.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 10-29-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Haire View Post
Rumple brought up the ruby slippers from Oz. The thought of him wearing them to get to our world is hilarious.
Can't you just picture him standing there clicking his little heels together in those ruby (or silver if they stick to the book) shoes?!

Bwahahahahahaha!

Old 10-29-2012, 10:51 AM   #28
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i heard the slippers comment, but assumed it was cinderella's glass ones... though the ruby ones make more sense. What was it that Jefferson brought Rumple anyway? any lore significants? just looked like a glass ball to me

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 10-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #29
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

i also thought... what if Dorothy isn't even from the real world? but another world where.... things ARE BLACK AND WHITE

also makes me wonder where Wendy and her 2 brothers may actually be from as well... were these stories about real world characters crossing over into fairy tale land... or characters from worlds like Steam Punk, Gothic, Ronald Dahl?

i mean... after all the Mad Hatter (and most likely the Queen of Hearts) are not from wonderland... but fairy tale land... and Captain Hook isn't from NeverLand either

[=]
Old 10-29-2012, 11:05 AM   #30
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I rather keep Dorothy/Wendy and fam./Alice from the real world instead of some other world. Keeps it interesting that some characters are able to cross into ours, or powerful enough to make things happen (the twister)

Old 10-29-2012, 11:12 AM   #31
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
I rather keep Dorothy/Wendy and fam./Alice from the real world instead of some other world. Keeps it interesting that some characters are able to cross into ours, or powerful enough to make things happen (the twister)
Im fine with some... But i think others make a far more interesting twist.

[=]
Old 10-29-2012, 11:45 AM   #32
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
i heard the slippers comment, but assumed it was cinderella's glass ones... though the ruby ones make more sense. What was it that Jefferson brought Rumple anyway? any lore significants? just looked like a glass ball to me
Jefferson brought him a crystal ball, which was used by the Wicked Witch of the West to watch Dorothy as she traveld through Oz.

Also think Alice, Wendy & her brothers, and Dorothy were just regular humans in our realm that found ways to cross over into the other realms.

I like theidea that I read from someone on another website that all of these realms - Wonderland, Oz, Neverland, Enchanted Forest, Frankenstein's Land - all already existed and the authors who wrote the books at some point crossed over and visited, then brought the stories back to our realm.

Last edited by SuperT; 10-29-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #33
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
Jefferson brought him a crystal ball, which was used by the Wicked Witch of the West to watch Dorothy as she traveld through Oz.

Also think Alice, Wendy & her brothers, and Dorothy were just regular humans in our realm that found ways to cross over into the other realms.

I like theidea that I read from someone on another website that all of these realms - Wonderland, Oz, Neverland, Enchanted Forest, Frankenstein's Land - all already existed and the authors who wrote the books at some point crossed over and visited, then brought the stories back to our realm.
That logic would be fine if this was just the brothers grimm.... But this is brothers grimm, hans christian anderson, billions of different folklore from around the world, mary shelly, legend, mythology, frank L Baum, lewis carrol, j.m. Barrie, and god knows what else.... The amount of writers traveling to worlds would be so high that this should be common knowledge.... That and it kinda makes fantasy writers look like fools unable to come up with any ideas themselves.

What if these worlds are real and the writers just dreamt of them? Or if muses of sorts placed them in their head? Or hell.... The energy used in imagining a fantasy world actually brings it to life in another deminsion.

When i was a kid i always thought itd be cool if there was another world created by everything you ever drew on paper...

I think something lije this is slightly more logical than every writer known to man traveling to another world...

[=]
Old 10-29-2012, 12:18 PM   #34
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
At first I thought that Whale was going to be Oz.
I thought he was going to be Oz as well but after the science stuff and the call me Doctor line I realized he was Victor Frankenstein.

I feel silly for not guessing who he was from the fact he was called Doctor Whale as in the classic horror director James Whale who directed Frankenstein, The Invisible Man and so on.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:38 PM   #35
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Also.... On another note. In a world where you know of these stories and just met captain hook...... Wouldnt you mention something about peter pan?

Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #36
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

So this enchanted compass that Hook says Cora needs/he's taking the girls to go get. Am I the only one that thought of Jack's compass from Pirates of the Caribbean?

edit: and hey, Jack's compass, Jack and the beanstalk??? *totally realize I'm probably stretching*

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 10-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

I always liked the theory of the Grimm brothers and others crossing over into these other worlds and thus writing about these stories. But of course, as we have seen, they changed things up a bit to fit their own wants and needs.

Hook isnt a middle aged man with long hair, Queen of Hearts doesnt have a huge head, Snow White wasnt some defensless teenaged girl, etc..

Old 10-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #38
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
That logic would be fine if this was just the brothers grimm.... But this is brothers grimm, hans christian anderson, billions of different folklore from around the world, mary shelly, legend, mythology, frank L Baum, lewis carrol, j.m. Barrie, and god knows what else.... The amount of writers traveling to worlds would be so high that this should be common knowledge.... That and it kinda makes fantasy writers look like fools unable to come up with any ideas themselves.

What if these worlds are real and the writers just dreamt of them? Or if muses of sorts placed them in their head? Or hell.... The energy used in imagining a fantasy world actually brings it to life in another deminsion.

When i was a kid i always thought itd be cool if there was another world created by everything you ever drew on paper...

I think something lije this is slightly more logical than every writer known to man traveling to another world...
I was thinking that they are kind of like profits to that demension being psychically linked to it somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 10-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #39
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Also.... On another note. In a world where you know of these stories and just met captain hook...... Wouldnt you mention something about peter pan?
Well, 1. they had ogres baring down on their location, so it wasn't exactly the time for digging into his past, 2. that kind of exposition could get very old, very fast, especially since it would always likely come from Emma, and more often than not people already make fun of her for being a bit thickheaded with all this, and 3. I doubt the writers want to write themselves into a corner by possibly saying something that they might have to contradict later if they do plan to bring the character in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
So this enchanted compass that Hook says Cora needs/he's taking the girls to go get. Am I the only one that thought of Jack's compass from Pirates of the Caribbean?

edit: and hey, Jack's compass, Jack and the beanstalk??? *totally realize I'm probably stretching*
The showrunners are admitted fans of PotC, but would likely never use Jack unless they got Depp to play him as he's too recognizable of a role of his and it wouldn't look right with someone else in the part. But I wouldn't write off hints at their world, especially the compass.

Old 10-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #40
DarkSovereignty
Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

yeah I think POTC is too fresh in people's minds to really gel with the world they have here, while the character are well known, they're still very old and have been open to multiple interpretations over decades, whereas POTC has only been the subject of one interpretation, the last installment of which was just released last year.

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:52 PM   #41
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

"Child of the Moon" Pics

If King George is going to stir **** up with Red, he better be prepared to die.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:00 PM   #42
O'Haire
Awesome

Bad ass Granny and her crossbow

Old 10-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #43
flash13
Wally West

Watching last night I started wondering who Grace's (Jefferson's daughter) mother is. It seemed like she hadn't been born yet in last nights flashbacks. Maybe she's was a grown up Alice?

THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 8/10
GODZILLA 8/10
X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST 9/10
TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 7.5/10
The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 1, November 21

Avengers: Age of Ultron, May 1
Jurassic World, June 12
The Fantastic Four, June 19
Ant-Man, July 31
Assassin's Creed, August 7

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay: Part 2, November 20
Star Wars: Episode VII, December 18
Old 10-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #44
kane9321
oakland's finest

NICE episode...Dr frankenstien...nice

Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.
They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 10-29-2012, 08:25 PM   #45
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

A Lot of people That I talked to was really upset about that Episode last night I don't see why. I actually quite liked it I guess people didn't understand how a Character like Dr. Frankenstein could make it into the Fairy tale world.

Old 10-29-2012, 08:48 PM   #46
SuperBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was the Witch's Crystal Ball

Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 PM   #47
O'Haire
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBatman View Post
A Lot of people That I talked to was really upset about that Episode last night I don't see why. I actually quite liked it I guess people didn't understand how a Character like Dr. Frankenstein could make it into the Fairy tale world.

It's clearly said that Jefferson goes to get him. Unless those people never seen the show before and don't know that Jefferson is the Mad Hatter, and can travel to other dimensions.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #48
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Yeah, they're probably people who've only occasionally watched the show, don't have a full grasp of the mythology, and then piss and moan about something they don't fully understand.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:40 PM   #49
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

My prediction: Frankenstein's brother/monster is also The Phantom of the Opera.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:59 PM   #50
Maximus One
Oddball

Now that would be ****ing cool

Closed Thread