The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 05-23-2015, 10:40 PM   #1
luis4u
Side-Kick

Default ARROW Producers Had "Big Plans" For 'Harley Quinn' Before SUICIDE SQUAD

Talking at the MCM London (via Spoiler TV) comic book convention today, WIlla Holland (Thea Queen/Speedy) had this to say about the original plans for Harley Quinn in Arrow. "We had big plans for Harley. But, I guess something came down from DC execs that told us to shut it down," the actress revealed to disappointed fans. "I mean we had that tease with the pigtails and the ARGUS outfit but, we’ll never see it. We would love to Harley in Arrow but it will never happen."

http://www.spoilertv.com/2015/05/arr...medium=twitter

luis4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #2
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Default Re: ARROW Producers Had "Big Plans" For 'Harley Quinn' Before SUICIDE SQUAD

That sucks

Questions about the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Want to settle a debate? Looking for images? Visit the Marvel Cinematic Universe Wiki! The most accurate and comprehensive Marvel Movie and TV show wiki!
coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:06 PM   #3
herolee10
S.H.H. Survivor

Default Re: ARROW Producers Had "Big Plans" For 'Harley Quinn' Before SUICIDE SQUAD

20 bucks says that she would have been used to create yet another triangle for Olicity to conquer.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:33 PM   #4
Harry Dresden
Side-Kick

I'm glad they didn't use Harley. She's primarily a Batman villain and one whose existence can only be explained by the Joker who should never appear on Arrow.

Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 11:46 PM   #5
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
I'm glad they didn't use Harley. She's primarily a Batman villain and one whose existence can only be explained by the Joker who should never appear on Arrow.
But Green Arrow started off as Batman ripoff yo,he has equal right over the Batman mythology

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:02 AM   #6
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

I think we should move past this 'Batman villain' stuff, it's all DC comics in the end. The CWverse is it's own universe, in this world Green Arrow was the first Leaguer to encounter Ra's Al Ghul.

Old 05-24-2015, 12:07 AM   #7
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Thank god Suicide Squad got in the way.

Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:37 AM   #8
Omegabat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude love View Post
I think we should move past this 'Batman villain' stuff, it's all DC comics in the end. The CWverse is it's own universe, in this world Green Arrow was the first Leaguer to encounter Ra's Al Ghul.
I have no problem with them using the characters,I have a problem with them being unable to do anything new with them. What's the point of using Ra's al Ghul in a Green Arrow show if you're going to simply transplant his dynamic with Batman?
it's like Luthor showing up in Flash and hating Barry for the same reasons he hates Superman,it's lazy and unoriginal period.

Omegabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:54 AM   #9
dude love
Pissin fire is awesome!

Oh I agree, anything Ra's did after he ran Oliver through in episode 9 was pretty poorly written.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:10 AM   #10
harryoscop
Puny Parker..

Lol.

The Flash 3/22/18
harryoscop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:53 AM   #11
Nathan

After how terrible Season 3 was, I am glad they didn't get their hands on Harley.

Old 05-24-2015, 07:06 AM   #12
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

How many members of SS have appeared on Arrow?

DC/WB have messed up the whole tv/film dynamic. Either have it linked or have it totally separate. If it is totally separate let the tvverse have all the characters and do their own thing. Batman/Superman have had so many verisions over the years I doubt having them on a TV show would really effect the box office for the film anymore. If they are that worried then don't give them their own shows but at least allow them to be referenced and maybe a cameo or 2.

Lilbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:11 AM   #13
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
Harley Quinn reached out a bit and is now also a Suicide Squad character. She can do that independent of the Joker. I agree, as created and as she existed for most of her history, she needs the Joker. But, on Suicide Squad, that's not quite true. I think she would have been a fun character on Taskforce X. Although I'd suggest the movie is more or less preventing the Suicide Squad from being a major factor at all again with or without Harley.

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:14 AM   #14
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Harley Quinn reached out a bit and is now also a Suicide Squad character. She can do that independent of the Joker. I agree, as created and as she existed for most of her history, she needs the Joker. But, on Suicide Squad, that's not quite true. I think she would have been a fun character on Taskforce X. Although I'd suggest the movie is more or less preventing the Suicide Squad from being a major factor at all again with or without Harley.
To explain where she came from you need the Joker. You can have Nightwing separate from Batman but they will always be linked.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #15
Mike Murdock
Side-Kick

Who says they have to explain where she came from?

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons
Mike Murdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:20 AM   #16
Slade W
"Who is Slade?"

That is a pity. Like they have done with the majority of characters (especially the villains), the writers probably would have done a great job.

Slade W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #17
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Murdock View Post
Who says they have to explain where she came from?
Because there are millions of people that have never heard of her.

Old 05-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #18
Rowsdower!
My name is Max

I'm glad. I have more faith in David Ayer and Margot Robbie than the idiots who wrote Arrow season 3 and whatever CW actress they would have gotten to play her.

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:23 PM   #19
CaptainWagner
Dancing With the League

I don't really mind this particular case, but how is it that Warner Brothers have managed to micromanage their TV and movie universes so terribly wrong?!?

Tom Holland as Peter Parker,
Ariel Winter as Gwen Stacy,
Neil Patrick Harris as Mysterio

Make it Happen, Mr. Fiege!

CaptainWagner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:24 PM   #20
JC00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I have more faith in David Ayer
I don't.

JC00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #21
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
To explain where she came from you need the Joker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilbaz View Post
Because there are millions of people that have never heard of her.
Those are two contradictory arguments there. If the particular individual doesn't know about her back story and how the Joker is involved in it, then the show doesn't need to acknowledge/show it.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:32 PM   #22
Rowsdower!
My name is Max

So the writers who ruined Arrow are better than the guy who made End of Watch and Fury?

Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 01:17 PM   #23
The Sage
Team Machine on the move
SHH! Global Moderator

Due to this season and the way some of the female characters have been handled on the show, this doesn't phase me at all.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #24
John Locke
One is Dark One is Light

I'm fairly positive the big plans were going to be her being a love interest for Deadshot instead of Cupid.

Old 05-24-2015, 01:39 PM   #25
Lilbaz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
Those are two contradictory arguments there. If the particular individual doesn't know about her back story and how the Joker is involved in it, then the show doesn't need to acknowledge/show it.
How are they contradictory. If I'm watching a programme and a new character appears who they "have big plans for" I would like to know who and what they are. What is special about them, where they came from etc...