The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Arrow

Old 02-24-2017, 09:19 AM   #1
NiallC
Side-Kick

Default Which of our heroes haven't killed?

So one of the main aspects of super-heroism is that they don't kill. We know it's caused a lot of problems amongst fans and creators in how killing may be portrayed alongside being a hero. With the CWverse we know that Arrow birthed the superhero movement and he himself is a killer. We've now grown to have tens of heroes but how many are squeaky clean and how many are killers like the Green Arrow.

Starting with the main Arrow cast I have a feeling only Black Canary hasn't, I'm not sure;
Green Arrow - Dozens
Arsenal - The police officer
Red Arrow - Sara
Spartan - Dozens
Overwatch - Havenrock

They're the main five who have been heroes over the last five years. Not including Black Canary. I'm not sure about the newer recruits. White Canary obviously has. Presumably Wild Dog has, and I need to rewatch but hasn't Ragman in his early appearances, as well as the new Black Canary. So maybe that leaves Mr Terrific and Laurel's Black Canary as the only heroes from Arrow who haven't killed? I might be missing one or two. But from all the heroes from Arrow only two haven't been killers, three with Atom included. That's primarily why I put this thread in the Arrow section.

What about the other shows? Many characters have died at the hands of Team Flash the first I think of is Atom Smasher. How many characters have died from the hands of the Legends. And Supergirl, I lost track of season 1 so missed the last six or seven episodes. Did characters die towards the end as well?

What do people think of this? Do you feel it is an overused method for drama where some characters are concerned, Arsenal and Red Arrow. And should they bring attention to the issue where things like where Team Flash killing is concerned.

NiallC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 10:56 AM   #2
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Default Re: Which of our heroes haven't killed?

Laurel has; she shot Officer Daily in S2. Ragman and Wild Dog have both killed. Terrific is the only one who hasn't killed someone, to my knowledge.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
NiallC
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Arrow View Post
Laurel has; she shot Officer Daily in S2. Ragman and Wild Dog have both killed. Terrific is the only one who hasn't killed someone, to my knowledge.
Ah really, I can't remember that far back. I don't see Mr Terrific killing. But it is strange that so many have.

NiallC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
Braggis
Side-Kick

Who did Ragman kill? I don't remember him killing anybody. Hell, when he first showed up I thought he was Prometheus because the costumes look so similar. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Mr. Terrific hasn't killed anybody.

And you can't really say Felicity killed anybody with the Havenrock situation. People were going to die. All she did was make an executive decision to minimize the casualties, which she did.

Braggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 01:42 PM   #5
ZIPBAGS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Terrific is the only one who hasn't killed someone, to my knowledge.
To my knowledge...has he even beaten anyone in a fight?

ZIPBAGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 02:33 PM   #6
Jedi Arrow
Vigilant Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braggis View Post
Who did Ragman kill? I don't remember him killing anybody. Hell, when he first showed up I thought he was Prometheus because the costumes look so similar. But yeah, I'm pretty sure Mr. Terrific hasn't killed anybody.
Ragman killed someone at the start of the episode he debuted in, I believe. It was part of his vengeance for Havenrock. Speaking of which...

Quote:
And you can't really say Felicity killed anybody with the Havenrock situation. People were going to die. All she did was make an executive decision to minimize the casualties, which she did.
You're right, I'm not really sure these count as Felicity's kills. If they are on anyone's head, they're on Damien Darhk's. I'm trying to think if Felicity has "killed" anyone outside of these bounds. I mean, she kind of caused her ex-boyfriend Cooper to die; she convinced him to turn against Darhk, even though she knew full well Darhk would kill him. But that counts as Darhk's kill too, IMO. So no, I don't think Felicity has actually killed anyone.

"I'm Mary Poppins, y'all!"
Jedi Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:00 PM   #7
famicommander
Side-Kick

famicommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 PM   #8
Braggis
Side-Kick

That isn't a Felicity kill either. She wounded him. But it is made clear that Merlyn delivered the shot that killed that guy.

Braggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:53 AM   #9
Slade W
"Who Is Slade?"

Quote:
That isn't a Felicity kill either. She wounded him. But it is made clear that Merlyn delivered the shot that killed that guy.
He is just joking. It is a funny gif.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #10
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I really wouldn't credit Havenrock to Felicity. The nuke was already in the air, and she didn't even deliberately aim it at Havenrock, she just threw stuff at the wall until something, anything diverted it from its known target. Even diverting it to the sea probably wouldn't have prevented all death, given how heavily trafficked the waters around Florida are.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 12:49 PM   #11
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

I don't think Felicity has blood on her hands. You could argue that maybe, by proxy, because she was there on Team Arrow from the beginning. But, she hasn't killed anyone.

Mr. Terrific hasn't killed anyone, either, I believe. Then again, I'm not even sure he's ever even beaten another human being in a fight.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:35 PM   #12
storyteller
Side-Kick

Arsenal didn't kill Sara, that was Speedy............there's only one Red Arrow and his name is Roy Harper.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
storyteller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #13
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themyscira

Quote:
Ragman killed someone at the start of the episode he debuted in, I believe. It was part of his vengeance for Havenrock. Speaking of which...

You're right, I'm not really sure these count as Felicity's kills. If they are on anyone's head, they're on Damien Darhk's. I'm trying to think if Felicity has "killed" anyone outside of these bounds. I mean, she kind of caused her ex-boyfriend Cooper to die; she convinced him to turn against Darhk, even though she knew full well Darhk would kill him. But that counts as Darhk's kill too, IMO. So no, I don't think Felicity has actually killed anyone.
She killed the show.

Terrific killed his relationship with his partner.