The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man

Old 10-30-2012, 12:26 PM   #1
Spider‐Man
Banned User

Default The Movie is Out!

Even thought the dvd doesn't come out til 11/9, the moview is apparently available for purchase and download on Itunes now! Plus 90 minutes of behind the scenes footage!

Edit: just downloaded it!

Last edited by Spider‐Man; 10-30-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Spider‐Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
J.Howlett

Default Re: The Movie is Out!

Bought the iTunes HD digital copy this morning and the majority of the special features are apart of iTunes Extras.

One of the most interesting aspects of the documentary is the amount of practical work and practical stunt work they did. From a couple of spots within the documentary, it looks as if Andrew actually did a few acrobatic flips and whatnot, with the help of wires and trampolines. The guy's kind of an athlete.

It's a great documentary. Not as good or as in depth as Prometheus but better than the ones for the Spider-Man trilogy.

The image quality of the HD digital copy is damn impressive. I know the BD is better but still impressive for a digital copy.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:20 PM   #3
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Bought the iTunes HD digital copy this morning and the majority of the special features are apart of iTunes Extras.

One of the most interesting aspects of the documentary is the amount of practical work and practical stunt work they did. From a couple of spots within the documentary, it looks as if Andrew actually did a few acrobatic flips and whatnot, with the help of wires and trampolines. The guy's kind of an athlete.

It's a great documentary. Not as good or as in depth as Prometheus but better than the ones for the Spider-Man trilogy.

The image quality of the HD digital copy is damn impressive. I know the BD is better but still impressive for a digital copy.
Man, I can't wait for the bluray release! From what I can tell, the most supplemental material would be the Target 3 disc with an exclusive 4th disc? I won't get the 5 disc as I have no plans to get a 3D tv.

grieven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:25 PM   #4
J.Howlett

The documentary is pretty good. The art gallery is excellent with some very, very interesting alternate versions of the costume. Some, in fact, that are quite great and would've been interesting to see live action.

As for that Target bonus disc, the word is that the featurette on the disc is only 20 minutes long. Not really worth of an entire disc to itself, I think.

You'd probably be better off just getting the regular edition of it on Blu Ray.

I'm going to wait until the trilogy is over with this cast so I can purchase the trilogy Blu Ray boxset. You just know they'll do one. But, I did want to have at least this one to tie me over until the trilogy is finished. That's the only reason I bought it this morning.

Old 10-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Spider‐Man
Banned User

Quote:

How did you do that? HD version wasn't highlighted on Itunes.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider‐Man View Post
How did you do that? HD version wasn't highlighted on Itunes.
It should be. It's 17.99.

Old 10-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #7
Spider‐Man
Banned User

Quote:
It should be. It's 17.99.
Nope. Grayed out. Only SD available at 14.99. I figured they were waiting til 11/9 for HD version. No matter. I don;t buy HD versions on Itunes anyway because they don't play right on my Iphone!

I looked at your bio. You a sports writer? Frank Dascenzo, is that you?

Old 10-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #8
J.Howlett

Quote:
Nope. Grayed out. Only SD available at 14.99. I figured they were waiting til 11/9 for HD version. No matter. I don;t buy HD versions on Itunes anyway because they don't play right on my Iphone!

I looked at your bio. You a sports writer? Frank Dascenzo, is that you?
Nope. Not him.

Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
As for that Target bonus disc, the word is that the featurette on the disc is only 20 minutes long. Not really worth of an entire disc to itself, I think.

You'd probably be better off just getting the regular edition of it on Blu Ray.
I'm not expecting much from the extra Target disc, but the price on the 3-disc bluray is the same at most vendors I've seen. So the extra disc (even 20 mins) tips it in Target's favor for me, unless Walmart or another store has exclusive content.

Just can't wait to own this at home!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:40 PM   #10
Alvin Draper
Side-Kick

Guess what arrived this morning

Alvin Draper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #11
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

It's available on Playstation Network $17.99 HD

Old 10-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #12
spidey99
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Draper View Post

Awesome! I still don't know what edition I want to buy yet. I do like the look of the Walmart Spidey Mask case, but not sure if it's for the 3D version. Guess I'll know when the release gets closer.

spidey99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:28 PM   #13
Moony_Girl13
Need a better username

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieven View Post
So the extra disc (even 20 mins) tips it in Target's favor for me, unless Walmart or another store has exclusive content.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Walmart has an extra bonus disc as well ('Unmask the Secrets Behind the Lizard', or whatever it's called) along with the mask disc case. From what I read elsewhere though (I think the info came from the Japanese set, which has BOTH bonus discs), that disc is also only 20 minutes long.

And to answer another question -- I think the Walmart exclusive set is only for the 2D version? I remember looking into it to see if it came with the 3D disc (I don't have a 3D TV, but I'm interested in Webb's 3D filming tutorial on it) and being disappointed it didn't.

Moony_Girl13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:15 AM   #14
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moony_Girl13 View Post
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Walmart has an extra bonus disc as well ('Unmask the Secrets Behind the Lizard', or whatever it's called) along with the mask disc case. From what I read elsewhere though (I think the info came from the Japanese set, which has BOTH bonus discs), that disc is also only 20 minutes long.

And to answer another question -- I think the Walmart exclusive set is only for the 2D version? I remember looking into it to see if it came with the 3D disc (I don't have a 3D TV, but I'm interested in Webb's 3D filming tutorial on it) and being disappointed it didn't.
Hmm, so many choices. There's also the set with the Spidey and Lizard figures, but that's a bit rich for my blood.

Didn't know about the exclusive mask case at Walmart, that looks pretty slick. I'm going to have to research how the Walmart "Unmask the Secrets Behind The Lizard!" extra disc differs from Target.

Last edited by grieven; 10-31-2012 at 01:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2012, 06:52 AM   #15
SpiderMarvelite
Banned User

I'm getting the The Amazing Spider-Man (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider...ing+spider-man

PUMPED

SpiderMarvelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #16
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Apparently the picture and sound quality is meant to be outstanding. I'm glad all the deleted scenes are included for one, the more extra footage the better.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2

Last edited by AnneFan; 10-31-2012 at 09:42 AM.
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderMarvelite View Post
I'm getting the The Amazing Spider-Man (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + UltraViolet Digital Copy)

This one:

http://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Spider...ing+spider-man

PUMPED
Got you beat

Old 11-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #18
sephiroth61787
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thwip! View Post
I've probably got you beat with this:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP

I'm really just getting it for the shirt though so I can use it as the basis for next year's Halloween costume.

sephiroth61787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #19
Thwip!
Side-Kick

i wanted to get that..but i know the tshirt wouldnt fit me

Old 11-01-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
Mrpaul
Spider-Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephiroth61787 View Post
I've probably got you beat with this:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/switch-la...language=en_JP

I'm really just getting it for the shirt though so I can use it as the basis for next year's Halloween costume.
yeah I would like to get that one but....we'll see

Old 11-01-2012, 11:43 PM   #21
AF3619
WOOO!

bought it today , loved it , the extras are great (i don´t watch them entirely) but

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
AF3619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #22
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
bought it today , loved it , the extras are great (i don´t watch them entirely) but
Even though I bought the iTunes HD copy, I still want a hard copy of this film. But, having just watched Collider.com's interview with Marc Webb about the sequel and how he envisions the trilogy, I'm going to hunker down and wait for the trilogy box set because I think Marc Webb is going to deliver something special.

I can just feel it in my gut. So begins the long wait for the trilogy box set on Blu Ray....

Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 AM   #23
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin Draper View Post

Australia, right?

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #24
Spider‐Man
Banned User

Quote:
Even though I bought the iTunes HD copy, I still want a hard copy of this film. But, having just watched Collider.com's interview with Marc Webb about the sequel and how he envisions the trilogy, I'm going to hunker down and wait for the trilogy box set because I think Marc Webb is going to deliver something special.

I can just feel it in my gut. So begins the long wait for the trilogy box set on Blu Ray....
Hey man, how many deleted scenes did you get with Itunes download? I only got 3.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #25
J.Howlett

Quote:
Hey man, how many deleted scenes did you get with Itunes download? I only got 3.
Same. Only three.