Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #326
YoungPrime
Banned User

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Singer and Fox are obsessed with Wolverine so I'd expect to see as much Wolverine as they can fit in this film. I don't like it but they do have economics on their sides.

Also regarding First Class many flaws, I'd take that film flaws and all over X2 any day of the week. It's back to poorly directed action scenes for me...
I really don't see that much of a difference between Vaughn and Singers takes on this franchise.

And judging on how a post X-3 Wolverine preforms this coming Summer. Wolverine's presences in DOFP may not make that much of an impact.

So things will play out as they were meant to.

*Folds hands and waits patiently*

Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 PM   #327
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

You don't see much of a difference between Vaughn and Singer's take on X-Men?

Hmmm...

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #328
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You don't see much of a difference between Vaughn and Singer's take on X-Men?
In a hypothetical scenario, I went as far as saying that I wouldn't mind if Vaughn came aboard if Marvel did get the rights back. But that was only because my interest in this franchise as it where, is set on bigger fish, ergo the hypothetical scenario.

The 2 directors clearly have their differences but neither has done anything to wow me with their X-men films regardless of any distinctions. So neither would be really missed should they or the franchise departs in the near future.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #329
Project862006
Banned User

^not surprised marvel studio films like incredible hulk,cap,and thor apparently wow you but something like first class and x-2 dont lolol

Old 11-04-2012, 06:02 AM   #330
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^not surprised marvel studio films like incredible hulk,cap,and thor apparently wow you but something like first class and x-2 dont lolol
Well if it doesn't 'float his boat' then it doesn't 'float his boat'. I'm in the same camp with regards X2 and First Class. I dont think either of them were the greatest comic movies of all time. X2s highlight was the Whitehouse attack by Nightcrawler, Magnetos escape from prison and the fight between Wolverine and Deathstrike but the rest of the film did not grab me at all. First Class only real focus was Fassbender as Magneto - for me he was the bedrock of the film and without him the film would have got a 4/10 from me. Too many under-utilised actors / actresses in that film.

As for DoTFP we'll find whether there was overall story arc for the x-men films or whether they chose the title because it looked good on paper.

Old 11-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #331
Project862006
Banned User

^disagree i just think x2 10 years later still is the best marvel film i have seen it really had everything you could want from a super hero film

drama, strong story line & script,action, great acting,character development, great action,and very well touches on the strong themes of the x men like prejudice and even some good comedy beats

Last edited by Project862006; 11-04-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 06:18 AM   #332
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
^disagree i just think x2 10 years later still is the best marvel film i have seen it really had everything you could want from a super hero film

drama, strong story line & script,action, great acting,character development, great action,and very well touches on the strong themes of the x men like prejudice and even some good comedy beats
Completely agree.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:01 AM   #333
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:

Even though I like Spider-Man 2 a little more, I agree with you.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:02 AM   #334
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:

Truer words were never spoken!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yeah, Nightcrawler had the perfect screentime for a newcomer. would wish Angel would have had that level of attention and quality, regarding his scenes.
With X3, I think Beast got the right amount screentime for a newcomer just like Nightcrawler. So thats one of the things I liked about X3.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/

Last edited by psylockolussus; 11-04-2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:53 AM   #335
Project862006
Banned User

what i also love about x2 is william stryker is a great villian who actually has motivation and a smart plan

Old 11-04-2012, 08:58 AM   #336
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Stryker in X2 was such a great villain. You saw the hatred for mutants in his eyes and heard it in his voice.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #337
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
90% of your attacks against me are based on conjecture, unfounded accusations and flat out falsehoods.

People will do and say just about anything to discredit another person's post no matter how false, out of place or insignificant it is.

For the record I am an X-men fan first and foremost. So I hold X-men to a higher standard than most other comic book films. So I'm not going to apologize for not loving X-2 or FC.

As for Hulk, Capt and Thor, all I'm going so say is stop derailing this thread please. You're unfounded accusations have no place here.

Enjoy your day.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:20 AM   #338
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungPrime View Post
90% of your attacks against me are based on conjecture, unfounded accusations and flat out falsehoods.

People will do and say just about anything to discredit another person's post no matter how false, out of place or insignificant it is.

For the record I am an X-men fan first and foremost. So I hold X-men to a higher standard than most other comic book films. So I'm not going to apologize for not loving X-2 or FC.

As for Hulk, Capt and Thor, all I'm going so say is stop derailing this thread please. You're unfounded accusations have no place here.

Enjoy your day.
You haven't been the first and probably wont be the last person on this forum to 'get it in the neck' for not putting X2 at the top your all time movie favourites. Doesn't matter how many times you put forward a reasoned argument for not liking the film you will be accused of being a 'hater' or words to that effect. Only seems to happen when a certain director's name is mentioned.

Old 11-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #339
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's not a question of not having X2 as top comic book film.He spends all his time here
bashing X-Men films and doing the fox Is evil and Marvel studios walks on water.It's
getting tiring.

Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 PM   #340
YoungPrime
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's not a question of not having X2 as top comic book film.He spends all his time here
bashing X-Men films and doing the fox Is evil and Marvel studios walks on water
.It's
getting tiring.
Um...yeah, that's a bit of a stretch I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
You haven't been the first and probably wont be the last person on this forum to 'get it in the neck' for not putting X2 at the top your all time movie favourites. Doesn't matter how many times you put forward a reasoned argument for not liking the film you will be accused of being a 'hater' or words to that effect. Only seems to happen when a certain director's name is mentioned.
Yeah you'd think that a profile named after "Marvel" would have a better understanding of my position here.

Perhaps in a mirror universe there's a profile named after Fox/Sony who loves me.

Wont hold my breath on that theory though....

Last edited by YoungPrime; 11-04-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #341
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
bashing X-Men films and doing the fox Is evil and Marvel studios walks on water.It's
getting tiring.
^THIS his post history consist of

marvel get rights back thread,and bashing fox in f4,xmen,wolverine threads

even went as far as saying flat out that trank should replace vaughn so f4 can go back to marvel

Old 11-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #342
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

All of the X-Men films are more solid and deeply rooted than Marvel Studios' own efforts.

Avengers appears to have been a gamechanger because of its box office earnings and it certainly had a big scale and blockbuster feel to it. It was bright and colourful, it didn't hide in shadows or dark interiors, it was out in the streets with colourful costumes.

So let's see if we can get some of that in the X-Men franchise. But I doubt we'll get Avengers-level box office earnings at this stage.

It's notable that the X-Men film with the most scale (X-Men: The Last Stand) was the one that made the most money. So that gives some idea of the visual wow you need.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #343
Angamb
Banned User

Im really confident that Days of future will be the highest grossing movie of the franchise

Not sure by what difference, but it has potential to be big. Maybe not like Avengers or Dark knight, but hopefully closer to Amazing Spiderman.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #344
Nathan

I just want to finally see a proper Sentinel on screen.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #345
JP
Smelly

It'll also be in 3D. LOL

Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #346
Nathan

'eff 3D!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #347
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, most likely.

Fox has confirmed that the Wolverine will be in 3D, right?

we can expect it on Days of future too, definetly

Old 11-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #348
JP
Smelly

Yup.

Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #349
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I wouldn't waste my money on 3D.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #350
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
All of the X-Men films are more solid and deeply rooted than Marvel Studios' own efforts.

Quote:
It's notable that the X-Men film with the most scale (X-Men: The Last Stand) was the one that made the most money. So that gives some idea of the visual wow you need.
I think X3 got most of it's BO standing on the shoulders of the quality previous two films rather than any scale/spectacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Im really confident that Days of future will be the highest grossing movie of the franchise
Too early for me to call. I'll wait & see DOFP promo stuff & The Wolverine's BO take & reception. If TW is great then it should build on XFC's numbers, which will then feed into DOFP. Having 2 well recieved films before DOFP would go a long way.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Closed Thread