Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Great to have a date finally!

Old 11-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #502
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Just when I thought that it'd only be a few more months before I hear casting news. Now I have to wait a few more more months!
exactly what I thought. I wanted casting news this month, lol

Hopefully, we'll one on january or so

but this is definetly good news, since Bryan will have time to work on the preproduction, and dont rush things

Old 11-09-2012, 06:24 AM   #503
Project862006
Banned User

awesome gives singer plenty of prep time

Old 11-09-2012, 06:28 AM   #504
Angamb
Banned User

definetly.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #505
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

People get tired of me saying It bt If first Class timeline stays In 1960's the only casting news we will get Is confirmation all who Is returning from first class,who Is coming back
from earlier films,and who Is target of assassinaton plot of brotherhood.With actors from earlier films we aren't getting new characters Inless any actors from first Class are dropped from the brotherhood cast.Now the exception Is cameos like In X-Men/X2
but these won't be big roles If we get cameos.WIth Singer directing we are likely to keep a lot of contunity with his Xmen films.

Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #506
Angamb
Banned User

There will be new secondary roles, marvelrobb. be sure about it.

not roles like Rogue or Bobby on the trilogy, but yes something around the lines of Angel or Banshee on FC.

the future scenes wont only have the x-men from the OT. It would be too simple of a future if Bryan did that.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:08 AM   #507
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think yoru wrong about that.now the future may have cameos like Bryan Singer sneak up
characters In X-men and X2 like have Iceman,Pyro as students In X-Men.Kitty and jubilee
In both X-Men and X2,and Colossus and siryn In X2.The main roles In future scenes will
be actors from earlier films.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #508
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I actually hope that a lot of those will just be names on tombstones for the future scenes.

Old 11-09-2012, 08:18 AM   #509
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I think yoru wrong about that.now the future may have cameos like Bryan Singer sneak up
characters In X-men and X2 like have Iceman,Pyro as students In X-Men.Kitty and jubilee
In both X-Men and X2,and Colossus and siryn In X2.The main roles In future scenes will
I didnt say other characters will be the lead. Just that we cant expect only x-men as the characters on that future.

Bryan said this sequel will take elements from Days of future past, more a new things.

So we all should be ready for new things.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #510
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Since signing on as creative consultant for 20th Century Fox's Marvel movies, writer Mark Millar hasn't been playing coy. Whether it's teasing an appearance by the Sentinels in director Bryan Singer's upcoming "X-Men: Days of Future Past" or discussing early plans for "Chronicle" director Josh Trank's "Fantastic Four" reboot, Millar has been up front about his involvement in the long term life of the two big franchises owned by the studio.

But when Comic Book Resources spoke with the writer earlier this week, Millar made it clear for the first time how he and studio executives were working to bring all the working pieces for the film universe together over the coming years. "My role is more of an overseer," he said. "It's not a consultant in the sense that I check continuity. What I'm doing is building a plan kind of like what Joss [Whedon] is doing with the Avengers movies. It's more of a writerly/producer kind of role where I look at possible directors we can use or possible writers we can bring in to work out a broad, overall strategy for what Fox Marvel can do to feel like Disney Marvel where they've done such a nice job of building a world where these characters can live together. They'll have a momentum that exist outside the structure of any one movie with little cliffhangers and things to tie them together. Disney Marvel has done a wonderful job with that, and I think there's something we can all learn from them.

"I've started to see the Marvel Universe as broken down quite neatly between Disney Marvel and Fox Marvel with Sony doing the Spider-Man movies as well. People keep saying that they want to see all of the Marvel Universe in one place, but what I try to explain to them is that if Marvel Studios had the rights to all the stuff set up at other studios, they wouldn't have the money to make all the other movies they're making. You wouldn't be getting 'Guardians of the Galaxy' or 'Ant-Man' because those slots would be filled up with a Wolverine movie or a Fantastic Four movie. There's only a finite amount of movies they can make."

Millar compared the breakup of rights between studios to Marvel history itself, explaining, "I feel like this is like in the '90s at Marvel where all the dditors had their own little kingdoms. You had the X-books under Bob Harras and the more hardcore books or the Spider-Man books all under different teams. I see it kind of like that where these can all coexist in a big Marvel Universe while still being in their own kingdoms. To be honest, I don't want to see a Spider-Man movie where Silver Samurai shows up. I think that would get a little confusing. I think the more subtle crossovers are far more interesting.""X-Men First Class" producer Bryan Singer recently switched roles with director Matthew Vaughn and will helm the sequel, "Days of Future Past," which Vaughn will produce.
Of course, next up on the Fox Marvel slate is "The Wolverine" -- director James Mangold's adaptation of the classic Chris Claremont/Frank Miller comic that takes the man called Logan to Japan. While the film starring Hugh Jackman has been in production for months, Millar promised that it would play a pivotal role in the long term Marvel game plan. "I didn't work on 'The Wolverine' in a direct sense. There were about two months of 'Wolverine' shooting done when I got this job, but I've got a couple of ideas from it. The only guy I don't really know yet is James Mangold, and I wasn't involved in that screenplay -- though I read it and loved it. But the thing is, I felt like 'Iron Man' was really the beginning of something for the Marvel Studios movies, and 'The Wolverine' will be a similar starting point to build a lot off of for the Fox movies."

That idea will roll into "X-Men: Days of Future Past" when it starts production next year, and the writer said the change in roles behind the scenes for original "X-Men" director Singer and "X-Men: First Class" helmer/Millar friend Matthew Vaughn would allow for some fun twists to the formula. "Bryan's worked as a producer even on the X-Men movies that he didn't direct -- he was a producer on 'First Class.' So when Matthew decided he wasn't going to do the sequel, they just switched places with Matthew producing and Bryan coming on to direct. That's got nothing to do with me, but I'm delighted that Bryan and I will get to work together over the next few years. I've been working with Josh Trank on 'Fantastic Four,' and I have a lot of ideas of other places we can go with the characters Fox has the rights to."

Asked if there were any specific characters from the X-Men world that he'd like to get on the screen sooner rather than later, Millar did play a little shy, though he noted some obvious picks for longtime fans. "That's such a hard question to answer because all the characters I'd want to use, we're already planning on using in some way," he said. "I flew out to LA and talked to Fox, having a days worth of meetings to hammer out ideas. There's an amazing amount of potential in the X-Men universe. It's almost a Marvel Universe in itself in that you can build up to so many great stories and so many great characters. I hesitate to name names, but let's say that all the ones you like and everyone you'd expect, we'll have them. It's insane to have the crown jewel and not expect to wear them.

"You have to remember that Fox grabbed the X-Men back in the '90s because it was the biggest franchise in the world. So X-Force or Cable or Deadpool -- all these amazing characters are things we haven't really gotten to yet. 'X-Force' #1 was the second biggest book of all time behind Jim Lee's 'X-Men' #1, so there's an immediate brand recognition to that stuff and a build in fanbase. You go to any convention in the world, and you'll see 20 people dressed as Deadpool. In a lot of ways, these are Marvel's coolest characters, so I want to remind people of that and build on what we already have. I think there's a great foundation, and just from basic conversations, we've come up with ten movies we could do. These things cost $150 million each to make, so we have to pick and choose what we want to do."
More here: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42105

Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #511
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It might also bring more dramatic weight to the story if some of the First Class characters - like Banshee, Havok - learned from the time traveller that they had been killed in the future and we saw their names on tombstones. That would give the First Class characters some added urgency and personal stakes in averting whatever the critical event is.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #512
JP
Smelly

To me, that interview with Millar above confirms that we are going to see Scott, Jean and Storm at some point. As he said, you don't try and build an expansive universe without using the crown jewels.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #513
Project862006
Banned User

did anyone else know that daniel cudmore plays master chief in halo web series froward unto dawn just found that out lol

Old 11-09-2012, 09:28 AM   #514
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Yeah, dude is a beast in Master Chief Armor.

Old 11-09-2012, 09:42 AM   #515
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

this interview got my sooooo hyped!

10 movies already discussed! 10 movies!!!

of course we wont get them all in 6 years, but just to know they have discussed them is crazy!!

a New X-men era is uppon us now!

Old 11-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #516
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

this interview got my sooooo hyped!

10 movies already discussed! 10 movies!!!

of course we wont get them all in 6 years, but just to know they have discussed them is crazy!!

a New X-men era is uppon us now!
Starts singing:
No place to hide
No place to run
A mutant age
Has now begun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-09-2012, 10:32 AM   #517
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
To me, that interview with Millar above confirms that we are going to see Scott, Jean and Storm at some point. As he said, you don't try and build an expansive universe without using the crown jewels.
Halle Berry as Storm will probally be In Days of future Past.Teenage Cyclops and Jean will probally be In followup to Days of future Past.

Mark Millar's Intervew says to me the returning characters will be some of those alive at end of Last Stand+Xavier's mind In his twin brother.And based on Interview If James Mangold says The Wolverine mostly takes place after three X-men films(and I don't think First Class Is one he was talking about) then the future scenes will be post trilogy and The Wolverine.I also got feeling Millar and Bryan Singer have discussed post Days of future Past since he mentiones working with Bryan for next few years.

We finally got word the rumor of Fox not having Cable Is bogus.

It seems like Fox wants to treat X-Men the way Marvel comics used to treat them as huge franchise.I remember back In 1990's when there were tons of X-men comics I was buying Including spinoffs.The 1990's were great time
for X-Men comics.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #518
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I agree with what he says that the X-Men mythology is so huge it can easily be it's own huge universe, add FF to that and I think the universe can be big enough to hold it's own against MCU.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 AM   #519
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Some might disagree with me but I think out of other charters In Marvel universe FF works best In teamups with X-Men.Put FF with the Avengers and they would get overshadowed.
Remember there Is still possibly of adult franklin Richards showing up In Days of future Past.

Also the millar Interview puts to bed the speculation that Josh Tank Isn't serious about doing the FF.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #520
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Starts singing:
No place to hide
No place to run
A mutant age
Has now begun!

what song is that? from the 90's show maybe?

Old 11-09-2012, 10:57 AM   #521
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post

what song is that? from the 90's show maybe?
I think you mean the 1980's pilot show. That had the most cheesiest opening intro and song but I love it everytime I hear it.

I think the X-Men are way too serious for a crazy song during the intro. It's why wolverine and the x-men had a the theme they had and Avengers: EMH had the song. It works for them.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #522
Angamb
Banned User

I dont remember that intro from the pilot, I thought it was from the 90s show.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:19 AM   #523
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

I have to admit that it's kind of sad that after 12 years, 5 movies, that The Wolverine is their "starting point." Better late than never, I guess.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:26 AM   #524
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, its a bit sad, but anyway, lets hope we can see original cast together one more time, at leat.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #525
JP
Smelly

Podcast with Millar starting at 42minutes

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35727

Closed Thread