Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #626
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
Totally agree. If Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen (the biggest stars of the X-Men franchise) sign on that should garner some buzz add to that the fact that they'll be appearing in an event movie big and good enough to rival the Avengers and you have all the publicity you need to go against the best of the movies in 2014.
There's no need to rely on Berry for buzz with the soon to be 2-time Oscar nominated Jennifer Lawrence in the cast (she's basically a lock for her second Oscar nom and many say win for Silver Linings Playbook). By the time DOFP is released, Lawrence will be one of the biggest female stars in Hollywood. No real reason to have B-list Berry distract from an A-list star. Bring back some of the cheaper stars to fill out the ensemble.

Plus, if Bryan Singer harbors any grudges against Berry he could probably just shut her out of the picture without the studio interfering due to Lawrence's presence.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #627
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Prefer not see Lawrence, Rebecca Mystique is better.Halle Berry should be on this movie,I hope Bryan show us his claustrophobia.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #628
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Bryan has claustrophobia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 03:42 PM   #629
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Bryan has claustrophobia?
Not, it's Storm.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:45 PM   #630
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by SterlingDee View Post
There's no need to rely on Berry for buzz with the soon to be 2-time Oscar nominated Jennifer Lawrence in the cast (she's basically a lock for her second Oscar nom and many say win for Silver Linings Playbook). By the time DOFP is released, Lawrence will be one of the biggest female stars in Hollywood. No real reason to have B-list Berry distract from an A-list star. Bring back some of the cheaper stars to fill out the ensemble.

Plus, if Bryan Singer harbors any grudges against Berry he could probably just shut her out of the picture without the studio interfering due to Lawrence's presence.
That may be, but at some point we have to see Storm again in this franchise.

Storm belongs in DoFP, but she isn't a make-or-break character and Halle isn't a make-or-break actress for the franchise. It wouldn't bother me if we saw Storm's name on a tombstone, as long as the film was good.

But at most, all they'd need from Storm in DoFP would be a bit of action zapping Sentinels and then a death scene (like in the comics). It wouldn't be more than 5 minutes of the film at most.

As for Lawrence, she is not a household name and most ordinary folk wouldn't have a clue who she was. I'd say that won't change for a long time. Even a second Oscar win won't make her a household name, it'll just raise her profile and status.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #631
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Not, it's Storm.

I know. I was being sarcastic. Re-read your original post.

Also he already showed it in the first film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 11-12-2012, 04:01 PM   #632
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
That may be, but at some point we have to see Storm again in this franchise.

Storm belongs in DoFP, but she isn't a make-or-break character and Halle isn't a make-or-break actress for the franchise. It wouldn't bother me if we saw Storm's name on a tombstone, as long as the film was good.

But at most, all they'd need from Storm in DoFP would be a bit of action zapping Sentinels and then a death scene (like in the comics). It wouldn't be more than 5 minutes of the film at most.

As for Lawrence, she is not a household name and most ordinary folk wouldn't have a clue who she was. I'd say that won't change for a long time. Even a second Oscar win won't make her a household name, it'll just raise her profile and status.
Signing Halle for 5 minutes of screen time would be silly.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:03 PM   #633
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
Signing Halle for 5 minutes of screen time would be silly.
You're probably right. So it would be a bigger role, or to omit the character altogether (or even recast).

I don't like it that your screen name is virtually mine in reverse, it seems creepy!

Old 11-12-2012, 04:09 PM   #634
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

Halle Berry is a star much bigger than Miss Lawrence.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #635
BMM
Side-Kick

A star who hasn't had a hit in 6 years, which is what I hope will at least partially incentivize her to return to do Days of Future Past. My only concern is that she'll play the "there's not enough for me to do" card. Though, I hope that's not the case.

Last edited by BMM; 11-12-2012 at 04:59 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #636
JP
Smelly

Meanwhile, Lawrence was propelled onto the A list overnight by starring in one of this years highest grossing films, and is looking at her SECOND Oscar nomination in the months ahead.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #637
BMM
Side-Kick

I'm really curious to see what they're going to do with McAvoy, Fassbender, Lawrence, and Hoult.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:07 PM   #638
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
Halle Berry is a star much bigger than Miss Lawrence.
Dude, give it up... every single post you've made on here seems to be about how much better the original cast is vs the new cast which is kinda out of place in the First Class forum. Whether you like it or not, the fact of the matter is that Jen Lawrence is a much hotter commodity than Halle Berry at the moment. That doesn't discount either woman's acting ability. Hollywood is pretty fickle and temporary with their sweethearts and right now Jennifer Lawrence is popular with both the Oscar crowds AND the teenage crowds. Cloud Atlas and is the first thing Berry's done since X-Men 3 that's gotten any attention, and people have a pretty short term memory. She's a beautiful, talented woman. She's just not a big deal right now.

I heard rumors Berry initially planned not to return to X-Men (3 I think) because she wanted more money. As someone pointed out above, she is not worth the money she might demand for a brief appearance. A backshot of a woman in a white wig fighting a sentinel, or an image of a gravestone with the name Storm engraved on it is much easier than negotiating an unreasonable fee for a cameo.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:14 PM   #639
JP
Smelly

Halle Berry probably has a great agent that knows what's best for her, though. And knows that her career needs a kick start, and putting her back in the white wig is just what can do that for her.

Mark Millar said that in expanding the X-universe, you can't do that without the crown jewels.

That to me spells Logan, Storm, Scott and Jean. Weather they all return in DoFP, or just somewhere down the line, it's going to happen.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:46 PM   #640
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
At this point I doubt that Halle Berry will even be involved, as much as I would love to have her come back. Not just because she might not want to come back or that she may still have tensions with bryan Singer but Halle Berry has been in a ton of interviews while she was promoting Cloud Atlas as well as being in the news for being...well Halle Berry! The point is during that time she hasn't even made a passing comment or even hinted at returning to X-Men or even acknowledging the project.
I've watched a bunch of interviews of Halle promoting Cloud Atlas and I didn't see anyone asking her about X-Men: Days of Future Past. In one interview she was asked who'd she'd play if she could portray multiple characters in a previous film (like she does in Cloud Atlas), and she said she'd play "all the X-Men", but that's it.

Even if she was asked we'd probably get a vague answer like Famke gave a few weeks ago. Given how vocal she was about X-Men 4 I think she'd be up for it, and Halle would be wise to play Storm again, even if it's a smaller role than X2 and X3.

Old 11-12-2012, 05:53 PM   #641
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Asking the audience to accept that X3 did not happen would be even more confusing IMO than any alternate future. Imagine if Disney went, guess what everybody, The Return of the Jedi did not really happen! Here's what happened instead! Nope, not because of an alternate timeline or any semi-rational explanation, just because.
If Bryan Singer wants to make it so X3 essentially "doesn't matter" I'd rather he just make a sequel that returns to the status quo of X1 or X2 within the first ten minutes due to either the villain or even the Phoenix.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:54 PM   #642
JP
Smelly

‏@BryanSinger Nice to have Louise Mingenbach back doing costumes. Much to do! pic.twitter.com/meyGOZvN

Here we go. Singer assembling his usual team. I now fully expect Ottman and Thomas Sigal to return as well.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM   #643
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Great news.I think this Is first time she has designed costumes for a Bryan Singer film
since superman Returns.She didn't work on Jack the Giant Slayer.Intresting she did work on Origins.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:40 PM   #644
Project862006
Banned User

she also worked on amazing spiderman

Old 11-12-2012, 07:50 PM   #645
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
‏@BryanSinger Nice to have Louise Mingenbach back doing costumes. Much to do! pic.twitter.com/meyGOZvN

Here we go. Singer assembling his usual team. I now fully expect Ottman and Thomas Sigal to return as well.
Ughhh I hope not. The possibility of Henry Jackman returning is honestly one of the last remaining hopes I have for this movie. Take that away and I'd just be seeing the movie for Fassbender and McAvoy, which I could do much more painlessly with one of their dozen films coming out next year. I can't understate how much I do not like Ottman as a composer.

And as for the costume designer, I just hope she keeps the bright colors for the past-verse costumes, those black uniforms in X-Men 1 and 2 were almost as bland as the soundtracks.

Oh Vaughn why oh why did you have to leave. Your absence is really going to screw up everything.

Old 11-12-2012, 07:55 PM   #646
Project862006
Banned User

bright colors dont really seem fit for this storyline lol

Old 11-12-2012, 07:59 PM   #647
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
bright colors dont really seem fit for this storyline lol
Did Logan even were his suit in the comics? They probably wont even need suits in the Sentinel run future. I have no problem with them wearing black in that time if they do, just hope the suits look more inspired. I liked your idea of Prometheus type suits with hints of color.

The team in the past has been established those characters wear Yellow and blue. That would be kinda lame to change that. And a bad move imo. People seemed to react well to it.

Last edited by def28; 11-12-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #648
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post

I am very much looking forward to having the ole X2 team back! Woah Louise looks very different.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:22 PM   #649
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueserenity View Post
Ughhh I hope not. The possibility of Henry Jackman returning is honestly one of the last remaining hopes I have for this movie. Take that away and I'd just be seeing the movie for Fassbender and McAvoy, which I could do much more painlessly with one of their dozen films coming out next year. I can't understate how much I do not like Ottman as a composer.

And as for the costume designer, I just hope she keeps the bright colors for the past-verse costumes, those black uniforms in X-Men 1 and 2 were almost as bland as the soundtracks.

Oh Vaughn why oh why did you have to leave. Your absence is really going to screw up everything.
You don't have to see it you know. Plenty of other superhero flicks out there that have what your looking for.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:48 PM   #650
blueserenity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
You don't have to see it you know. Plenty of other superhero flicks out there that have what your looking for.
The difference is that First Class is by far my favorite superhero movie, so I was really excited about its sequel. But with every news tidbit that comes up about DOFP, it seems like they're slowly taking everything that made FC so fantastic and ripping it up. I keep coming here in search of positive news about the sequel and instead it just keeps getting worse. I'm trying to be open minded, really I am, but the ONLY two "conditions" I had about this movie, literally the only things they needed to do to make me see the movie a dozen times in theatres no matter how terrible it is, seem unlikely to happen:

1) Henry Jackman does the score again
2) The movie does not turn into Wolverinefest 2014, nor does it spend more than 15% of its runtime on future goingson with the old cast.

I didn't think these were unreasonable things to hope for. But then I also didn't think it was unreasonable to hope for a First Class sequel that didn't try to become The Next Avengers Thing.

Closed Thread