Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:21 AM   #126
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I still wouldn't expect a direct translation as though it's set in stone. At this stage no one knows which way the movie is going, so I don't see the point in telling people this or that can't happen because it didn't happen in the comics.

It's really anyone's guess as to what form Days of Future Past will take at this stage.
Agreed. In addition to the X-Men films' track record, I think this quote from Singer says it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Singer
It’s going to be very ambitious. It’s called Days of Future Past and it deals with aspects of that comic but also, some very new things.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #127
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
Yeah, but X2 wasn't called X-MEN: GOD LOVES, MAN KILLS.

This movie is called DAYS OF FUTURE PAST.
And First Class was called First Class. Doesn't mean the content will be the same.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:34 AM   #128
Alexei Belyakov
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by huzzah View Post
And First Class was called First Class. Doesn't mean the content will be the same.
Singer & Vaughn blatantly admitted that "First Class" was just a name they liked & felt fit the picture.

"Days of Future Past" is something they're actually adapting. Singer is not one to bastardize good material. His X3 ideas were very close to Claremont's comics.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:39 AM   #129
Glutton
Side-Kick

YES,YES,YES! Terrific news

Old 10-31-2012, 07:17 AM   #130
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

What are we even bickering about?

Mark Millar, the "godfather" of these films confirmed himself this film would have robots, time time travel and, a post apocalyptic future.

here's it exactly

Quote:
[Matthew] Vaughn is going for a big sci-fi style thing with X-Men: Days of Future Past....(it's) X-Men meets The Terminator. You've got robots, you've got time travel, you've got superheroes - it's got everything in one film. He also said that it is "no spoiler on [his] part" to say that the film goes into an apocalyptic future. Cost-wise it's going to go up, and ambitious-wise it's gone up. But Vaughn can handle it. Vaughn made Kick-Ass for $28 million."
I think its safe that, with some differences to fit the movieverse, it'll be a straight adaptation.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 10-31-2012, 07:23 AM   #131
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Good news!

I hope Brian Singer delivers again with directing a X-Men movie!

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 10-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #132
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Absolutely delighted with this news, been waiting for this since 2003 another Singer directed X-Men movie, absolutely made up!

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-31-2012, 09:33 AM   #133
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

The only knock that I understand when it comes to Singer is that he deviates quite a bit from the comics. When it comes to his direction though, I have never seen a film of his that I didn't think was great. The Usual Suspects is a classic, and the first two X-men movies are both extremely well made, I love both of them. And I know I am in the minority, but I love Superman Returns. It's a shame he never got to do a sequel because he would have done something crazy.

I saw X-men FC and thought it was terrible, so this sequel wasn't even in my mind. Now that they have hired Singer I am fully on board. Summer 2014 can't come soon enough.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #134
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexei Belyakov View Post
There's no need to retcon X3.

DOFP has absolutely no contradictions to X3.

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Psylocke, Callisto, Juggernaut, Rogue...

None of those characters play a part in the future faction of DOFP.

Hell, if Singer wants to bring the older Xavier into the mix, that's fine, but there's no point in resurrecting anyone or contradicting X3.

If he sticks to the comic, we'll get an amazing film.
COMPLETELY AGREE. Sorry that Cyke got bastardized in the first trilogy, but it doesn't mean shoehorning him into this one will make any sense. For a DOFP/Terminator-style story to work, it needs to remain as simple as possible. The more complications you add in, the worse it gets.

I wouldn't be ok with any "oh they're not dead!" plot cheats and I also would not be ok with the time travel aspect happening really early in the movie and changing the X1-X3 universe right away. In respect the characters from X1-X3 that we've come to know, it would be ill advised to just change their past right at the beginning of the movie.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #135
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

Anyone is better than the possibility of Ratner coming back. I for one, am happy with Singer, the guy who brought us 2 solid X-films, the second of which I thought was fan-fricking-tastic. I'm actually excited for this film.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:33 PM   #136
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I still wouldn't expect a direct translation as though it's set in stone. At this stage no one knows which way the movie is going, so I don't see the point in telling people this or that can't happen because it didn't happen in the comics.

It's really anyone's guess as to what form Days of Future Past will take at this stage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Agreed. In addition to the X-Men films' track record, I think this quote from Singer says it all.
Yeah. Singers basically saying particular parts of it will be there but thats it. No reason to expect a direct adaptation, when there has been nothing to suggest that. They are more then likely doing something different.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #137
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Confirming last week's rumors, Bryan Singer has been confirmed to switch places with Matthew Vaughn on 2014's X-Men: Days Of Future Past, reversing the roles they played on 2011's X-Men: First Class. Singer, who directed the first two X-Men movies in the early '00s, will work from a treatment written by Vaughnómuch as Vaughn previously worked from a treatment by Singerówith Vaughn now producing for Singer, just like Singer previously produced for Vaughn. The change-up began yesterday, when Singer awoke in Vaughn's bed and vice versa, as each stumbled sleepily to the bathroom to scream comically as they saw the other's face looking back at him, then spent the day trying to convince their own terrified friends and family of their real identity in a series of escalating body-swap hijinks. They are expected to remain like this until they each learn to appreciate each other and not take their own lives for granted, or until Bryan Singer has amassed enough ostracism metaphors to fill his new X-Men film.
http://www.avclub.com/articles/bryan...o-hilar,88151/

Old 10-31-2012, 12:54 PM   #138
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
The only knock that I understand when it comes to Singer is that he deviates quite a bit from the comics. When it comes to his direction though, I have never seen a film of his that I didn't think was great. The Usual Suspects is a classic, and the first two X-men movies are both extremely well made, I love both of them. And I know I am in the minority, but I love Superman Returns. It's a shame he never got to do a sequel because he would have done something crazy.

I saw X-men FC and thought it was terrible, so this sequel wasn't even in my mind. Now that they have hired Singer I am fully on board. Summer 2014 can't come soon enough.
Have to disagree about FC which I thought was great, but your first paragraph I couldnt agree with more, Love X1, X2 is still one of my favourite CBM's of all time, I love SR and who doesnt love US, I also really enjoyed Valkyrie as well, so I cant wait to see this as I havent seen a Singer movie I didnt love.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 10-31-2012, 01:03 PM   #139
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Out of Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Spectacular Spiderman(?), and Days of Future Past, I have to say that DoFP has moved up my list as most anticipated cbm of 2014. Singer's going to knock it out of the park... again!

Could this be the X2 topper I've been waiting for? I truly hope so!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #140
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Out of Captain America 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, The Spectacular Spiderman(?), and Days of Future Past, I have to say that DoFP has moved up my list as most anticipated cbm of 2014. Singer's going to knock it out of the park... again!

Could this be the X2 topper I've been waiting for? I truly hope so!
As do I. First Class came awfully close, and I know a lot of people do regard it as the series peak. But for me, X2 is still where it's at.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM   #141
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
As do I. First Class came awfully close, and I know a lot of people do regard it as the series peak. But for me, X2 is still where it's at.
Definitely. Now that Singer is a proven director with a larger budget, he can do the characters he wants and the scenes he needs without worrying about them being cut for financial reasons unlike X1-2.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #142
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

X2 remains my favorate out of X-Men series and marvel adaptans.It's one of my 3 favorate comic book films of all time.

I am hopefully for Captain America:The Winter Soldier but since I don't have a lot of faith In their choices of directors and the fact winter soldier happened after I quit buying new marvel comics I am not overly excited.I have little Intrest In Guardians of the galaxy(due to having never read any of GOTG comics) and I have always been bigger X-Men fan than Spider-Man fan(although SPider-Man Is my second favorate after X-Men) but I am defently looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man 2 more than Cap.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #143
JP
Smelly

I'm highly anticipating Thor 2 of all the current Marvel movies. I find the first one to be a terrible film, and the worst of the Marvel movies, but I'm a huge Thor fan at heart and the sequel looks to be fixing everything that I hated about the first one.

So, that's probably my second anticipated cmb, after DoFP.. also excited for TASM2, since I did love TASM.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #144
Snikt
Side-Kick

Watching X1 right now on Blu-ray...forgot how much I actally love the first one. I just don't watch it as much as X2, X3 and First Class.

Wolverine's little bar brawl is still one of the best introductions for his character's powers. ALWAYS loved it when he popped the two claws on each side of a characters face in the comic; while holding off the middle claw

Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #145
Angamb
Banned User

I havent a big favourite yet.

X2 was great because it had most of the biggest x-men, with a great role for Nightcrawler, and some good scenes and concepts.

but First Class was really fresh, I liked the 60's set, the cast, and the new x-men, and it was the first movie to show real flying, something Ive been waiting since day one.

So both have good elements (the same as weaknesses).

I think Days of future has the potential to be my FAVE from the whole franchise. It definetly has the perfect elements, so.... I hope Bryan does an even better job than I already expect.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #146
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm highly anticipating Thor 2 of all the current Marvel movies. I find the first one to be a terrible film, and the worst of the Marvel movies, but I'm a huge Thor fan at heart and the sequel looks to be fixing everything that I hated about the first one.

So, that's probably my second anticipated cmb, after DoFP.. also excited for TASM2, since I did love TASM.
I'm quite the opposite. I loved Thor in the films, but never followed him much in the comics. But like you, Thor 2 is easily my most anticipated Marvel Studios sequel coming out.

And I love the fact they're releasing it in November. Seems like it's hard to find good movies around that time of the year.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #147
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snikt View Post
I'm quite the opposite. I loved Thor in the films, but never followed him much in the comics. But like you, Thor 2 is easily my most anticipated Marvel Studios sequel coming out.

And I love the fact they're releasing it in November. Seems like it's hard to find good movies around that time of the year.
I'm sure Cap2 will start peaking my interest once filming starts.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #148
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:

We are often on same mind.I consider Thor worse of marvel studio films.I didn't like news of darcy returning for sequel since I hated her In first film.But since we will get more of thor with powers It may not be too bad.But,please no redemption arc for Loki.I am in minority but I loved amazing SPider-Man more than Rami trilogy,and I didn't think going In that would happen due to my concerns ASM would too much ultimate Spider-man and no 616.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #149
Snikt
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
We are often on same mind.I consider Thor worse of marvel studio films.I didn't like news of darcy returning for sequel since I hated her In first film.But since we will get more of thor with powers It may not be too bad.But,please no redemption arc for Loki.I am in minority but I loved amazing SPider-Man more than Rami trilogy,and I didn't think going In that would happen due to my concerns ASM would too much ultimate Spider-man and no 616.
As did I. Really hoping to see some confirmation within a few months of the cast of DOFP.

I would like to think that Hugh Jackman would have no trouble reprising Wolverine. He'd get to work with Bryan again (whom he seems to have so much respect and adoration) and he's already in perfect shape for the character because he's still filming The Wolverine .

Old 10-31-2012, 01:42 PM   #150
Destructus86
Side-Kick

This pretty much destroys all hope I had for the film...I didn't like Brian Singer's X-Men films.

Closed Thread