The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #576
Octoberist
point blank

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Yeah, he just needs to be fit enough. And also, he does have a very youthful energy still that can make him seem younger than his actual age. I think he can use that to his advantage.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:12 AM   #577
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yup. not worried about him at all.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:00 AM   #578
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Yeah I believe Mark will be great.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #579
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
Originally Posted by steintym View Post
There's definitely something to that. Watching the OT, the Jedi seemed like this mysterious, exclusive group and it almost even seemed like their existence was questionable by some.

Jump to the PT and it seems like every other individual has force abilities and everyone at least knows a Jedi (I'm obviously exaggerating ... a bit).
It doesn't help when you have to put in Red shirt Jedi like Master Parasaurulophus-head to show that Jango Fett is dangerous.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #580
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
It's funny how some people seem to think that being out of shape is simply due to a lack of effort or desire on the person's part. If she has been struggling with her weight, then there could be any number of factors contributing. God knows she certainly has the time, money and resources to do something about it. Disney can't simply will it into existence just because they want to. Contrary to what it feels like sometimes, Disney doesn't rule the universe.
Wasnt Carrie diagnosed as a manic-depressive? if i remember right she even had electric shock treatment at some point. I'm just glad she seems do be okay now. The way she looks, or could look should she end up in episode 7, doesnt really concern me. Her acting and the quality of the role are much more important.

As far as Mark, i'm sure he'll tackle the physicality of the character just fine if he's in the film, i'm not really worried about that either.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 11-15-2012, 11:00 AM   #581
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
I'm with Giankin here. I wouldn't be surprised if her and Mark were told to get back in decent shape, especially Mark. Thats how this business works and Mark and Carrie know the game, especially Carrie.

Not to single out Mark but he'll have a more physical role. Not to Jackie Chan levels but he's going to do some action scenes for sure.
Why do you think they were told a year ago?

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-15-2012, 12:35 PM   #582
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Why do you think they were told a year ago?
It wasn't a year. More like a misquote because Mark specifically mentioned Kathleen Kennedy in his interview but she didn't get hired in til this year.

Old 11-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #583
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
It wasn't a year. More like a misquote because Mark specifically mentioned Kathleen Kennedy in his interview but she didn't get hired in til this year.
When Mark and Carrie had a lunch meeting with Lucas?
I thought it was like last Aug.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 11-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #584
Marvolo
Side-Kick

So according to Entertainment Weekly Disney is planning to release a movie every 2-3 years.

Quote:
This means that we would could potentially see the Skywalker timeline as the main series (think THE AVENGERS) while also getting extended universe movies that build up to each main film (think THOR, IRON MAN, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY). This means we could see the Zahn trilogy become a reality or we could be talking Knights of the Old Republic. a movie every 2-3 years means we could see all of those dream directors helming their own bit of the series. We could get darker, adult STAR WARS, animated ones for the kids, the mind boggles at the possibilities!
http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/disn...ies-every-year

Last edited by Marvolo; 11-15-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:41 PM   #585
Viral
Side-Kick

(^Edit: Beat me to it.)

Disney to release 2 to 3 movies a year?!?
Is that even possible. I guess someone misread something.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2012/11...to-3-star.html

Last edited by Viral; 11-15-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:48 PM   #586
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
When Mark and Carrie had a lunch meeting with Lucas?
I thought it was like last Aug.
The Force Cast (podcast) said it was this August, so I have no idea.

Old 11-15-2012, 03:55 PM   #587
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
So according to Entertainment Weekly Disney is planning to release a movie every 2-3 years.

Woah, 2-3 movies a year? I can see the main trilogy focusing on the Skywalkers and have other films focusing on side-stories/characters.

Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM   #588
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Woah, 2-3 movies a year? I can see the main trilogy focusing on the Skywalkers and have other films focusing on side-stories/characters.
This just my guess, but

The new trilogy will act as a junping off point for the rest of the franchises films. It will focus on the orignal three handing off the baton to the new characters. After the new trilogy we will get standalone films that will establish certain characters and every 5-6 years we will get an ensemble movie similar to avengers.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 11-15-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:52 PM   #589
paladinryan
Clumsy as he is stupid

So at the end of last week we got:

1) The Arndt leak

2) The Arndt confirmation

3) A video of Lucas and Kennedy

What are the odds we get the same developments in the next 48 hours?

Old 11-15-2012, 06:00 PM   #590
roach
I am the night

http://www.retro.gamezone.com/news/m...-s-acquisition

I dont think its a misquote or Hamill forgotten when it happened. Plans like these take place months before we know. This Disney deal was developed over a year. Lucas was planning this for a while and knew Kennedy was gonna take over. Hamill specificly mentions last Aug

Old 11-15-2012, 06:15 PM   #591
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

2-3 movies a year is overkill. Even for a fan like myself.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 11-15-2012, 06:21 PM   #592
roach
I am the night

hmmmm a movie focusing on the jedi, a movie focusing on Rogue Squadron, a movie focusing on the jedi in the past...could work

Old 11-15-2012, 06:49 PM   #593
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

2-3 movies a year? Somebody's high.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-15-2012, 06:58 PM   #594
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

3 movies a year does seem like a little too much, but they'll find out, won't they?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #595
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

I agree. Instead of spending all that time and money oversaturating the market, I'd much rather Disney began construction on a Mos Eisley cantina at Disneyland instead.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #596
Raiden
What a bunch of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post

I know Disney wants to make money, and to recoup those 4 billion they invested in Lucasfilm, but 2-3 years per film? I like the fact that Star Wars is an event, but releasing them at such frequency will really dilute the epicness of each installment. I think after Episode 7-9, they should perhaps make a new one every 4-5 years or so, and inbetween each movie they could maintain the interest with TV shows and whatnots. I don't want Star Wars to turn into something the audience will get bored at.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 11-15-2012, 07:58 PM   #597
Spideyfan93
Hayley Atwell I love you!

I'm so down for Episodes 7,8, and 9. But not a fan of Disney over-saturating the "Star Wars" name like that.

Doesn't matter if all the spinoff movies end up good...too much of one thing is never a good thing at all.

Personally, I'd be fine with one spinoff movie every so often as long as the idea is compelling enough. Otherwise, stick to the main new trilogy. Don't shove this franchise down our throats and ruin magic people have been embracing since 1977.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-15-2012, 08:27 PM   #598
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
2-3 movies a year is overkill. Even for a fan like myself.
You misread that. A movie every 2-3 years. Personally im fine with it. Star wars has always been released at 3 year gaps so every 2-3 years is fine. Back when it was only Lucas churning out stories we had huge gaps inbetween the trilogies. There is no need for that when practically anyone with talent can contribute to the franchise. I want a pixar animated star wars, a bounty hunter star wars, a smuggler star wars, criminal underworld star wars, thrawn star wars, pretty much whatever is thrilling in this universe im game for a movie on it. This universe is vast and amazing pigeon holing isnt doing it any favors.

To say a franchise would become stale needs to look at a successful franchise like Bond or look at what Marvel is doing. If handled properly i see no reason why we cant get a film every 2-3 years and keep the franchise fresh. Yeah we might get some duds every once in a while but who cares. Those few duds wont diminish the rest and now we know that even with a dud there will be another one to wash the bad taste out. Think about it. Bond had had some duds, most recently QOS, and it has had moments where it became stale, but you ask any fan if they are ready to call it quits and they will say no. Why? Because duds are the exception. Star wars wont get stale for the fans, and if it does. Give it a 4-5 year break and they can come back with new life. If disney does this right there is no reason why star wars cant continue for many many years and many many movies.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvolo; 11-15-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 PM   #599
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

He didn't misread it, 2-3 per year is what the article says. I feel like *that guy* is the one who misread something

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 11-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #600
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Ya it's suppose to be a film every three years or so.