The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #101
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread

Actually, I would love a Darth Vader Origins movie done right. Something that makes me forget Episode I-III.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:20 AM   #102
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I sure as hell hope they don't reboot/remake or even touch the Prequels. Like them or not, they're part of the canon. To alter them in any way would be asinine, imo.

Old 10-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #103
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
I sure as hell hope they don't reboot/remake or even touch the Prequels. Like them or not, they're part of the canon. To alter them in any way would be asinine, imo.
Agreed. And anyway, onwards and upwards. Move on and continue the story.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 10-31-2012, 06:23 AM   #104
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

A Darth Vader origin movie would probably mean the Live-Action show would be scrapped and be set between ROTS and ANH, but I would love to see it.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 10-31-2012, 07:13 AM   #105
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
I love many EU products. Let's not forget that the Clone Wars series is EU, too. But I think those of us who'd be upset aren't really a big factor in their decisions.
Well, the CW is EU, but its ona different tier. What I mean is this:

Star Wars Canons:
G-canon: Geroge Lucas films canon. The be-all, end-all official. This of course probably changes with Disney in charge, but you get the point.
T-canon: TV canon. Follows the films, and is endorsed and has some creative input from Lucas. Higher than all EU material.
C-canon: All EU that is considered currently in continuity. If Lucas/Disney decides to overwrite something, they can and it sup to the authors/fans to sort out the inconsistencies.

Pretty good overall description here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

There was a timenot so long ago when I was against ever overwriting the EU. I still hate the idea that a lot of authors put a lot of work into the novels and games and such, and to have it swept under the rug is kind of like punching them in the gut. However, I couldn't keep following EU after events such as Gianakin has spoilered, exception being video games, so if they decide to go a different direction than the EU, frankly I am all for it. I do hope they keep the base continuity. Like Joss Whedon tweeted earlier, I would love to actually see a Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but I'd like to see a lot of changes done. If they use the Solo kids I know a major change that could be done.

tl;dr , I enjoy the EU mostly, but I don't want them to be held back by what has been established. The Clone Wars series obviously wasn't.

Old 10-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #106
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I agree with everything you said.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 AM   #107
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Looks at custom title. Yea, but to many it would not IMO. I'd prefer a non-whiny/spoiled annoying brat for Vader.

Whether you like them or not the prequels did not have some profound effect on society like the originals did, changing them I really don't think the general audience and many of the fans would mind. However this is the Episode VII forum so I Guess we save that for another day.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #108
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

They did have a profound effect on society, mostly negative from what I can tell. Although I don't think they're as universally hated as some would have people think.

Still, erasing canon from existence is not something I'd be fond of.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #109
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
They did have a profound effect on society, mostly negative from what I can tell. Although I don't think they're as universally hated as some would have people think.

Still, erasing canon from existence is not something I'd be fond of.
No not universally, but for the most part negative. But to eaches own. At least for now we just have to worry about VII-IX.

Old 10-31-2012, 09:46 AM   #110
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
With the exception of Brad Bird, I get so tired of hearing these directors names thrown around for every possible film coming out for just about every franchise.

Bit of a exaggeration I know.
All of them represent interesting talents and serious potential. Its not like they are over exposed in some fashion.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #111
steintym
Stay Frosty

I would love to see a movie(s) that explores what takes place between III and IV. I think seeing Vadar track down the remaining Jedi has a ton of potential.

Old 10-31-2012, 10:17 AM   #112
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Looks at custom title. Yea, but to many it would not IMO. I'd prefer a non-whiny/spoiled annoying brat for Vader.

Whether you like them or not the prequels did not have some profound effect on society like the originals did, changing them I really don't think the general audience and many of the fans would mind. However this is the Episode VII forum so I Guess we save that for another day.
The prequels were still successful in gaining fans of a new generation, that's the same goal the new trilogy will have, it's too early to reboot the prequels, i say just go on with this new trilogy and continue Lucas's universe

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #113
Matt Mortem
A Most Wanted Ham

Whatever they do I'd like it to be after ROTJ. That'll free them up from having to worry about lining more stuff up continuity wise.

Old 10-31-2012, 11:22 AM   #114
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I'd loved to see the Timothy Zahn's "Thrawn Trilogy come to life.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:16 PM   #115
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
The prequels were still successful in gaining fans of a new generation, that's the same goal the new trilogy will have, it's too early to reboot the prequels, i say just go on with this new trilogy and continue Lucas's universe
Eh trust me, I don't think the gaining of fans with the prequels were near that of the OT. Most people that saw them were already fans, comic book films have become more of this generations thing then Star Wars was for mine, and the generation before.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:24 PM   #116
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
Eh trust me, I don't think the gaining of fans with the prequels were near that of the OT. Most people that saw them were already fans, comic book films have become more of this generations thing then Star Wars was for mine, and the generation before.
Eh trust me, i became a fan because of Episode III
The Clone Wars is getting young fans and is going to influence them to watch the upcoming trilogy, the old audience is allways back but each trilogy also brings a new generation of fans.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #117
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Eh trust me, i became a fan because of Episode III
The Clone Wars is getting young fans and is going to influence them to watch the upcoming trilogy, the old audience is allways back but each trilogy also brings a new generation of fans.
I'm sure some did, but it was not the legacy that the first ones were. Sorry. LOTR and TDK were the defining legacies of this decade not Star Wars.

Old 10-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #118
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

^ Maybe Lotr but TDK simply doesn't represent such a singular event film or influence. It is just a very succesful part of an overall trend of superhero films.

Then of course there the Harry Potter Franchise which arguably made more of an impact than either film series across more areas of the media.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #119
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Harry Potter yes, but TDK reached into society more so then most movies. Whether some like to admit it or not, people loved Heath as the Joker, his iconic performance was something that people will never forget. So disagree. It was the one that really seemed to stick out last decade.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM   #120
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

With the title of Episode 7, it should be obvious that Disney plans for these movies to take place after ROTJ. Of course, that's a good thing.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #121
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
With the title of Episode 7, it should be obvious that Disney plans for these movies to take place after ROTJ. Of course, that's a good thing.
Totally agree. Sometimes I think they should have just continued the story after ROTJ instead of going back and ruined Darth Vader's origin. His character and past was better left shrouded in some mystery. Even if the origin hadn't sucked (and oh boy, did it ever) I still think the character loses something when you know his entire backstory.

Side note, Cosmic, what is that image in your avatar?

Old 10-31-2012, 01:23 PM   #122
GeoMFilms
Side-Kick

Yeah if its episode 7 then they have to have Luke in it....it would be a crime if he wasn't. Have him be the Ben Kenobi of this trilogy.

But they must not have Sith in this trilogy.....that would defeat the whole point of the Chosen One. Since Luke is older it would be nice if they make it seem that the period between ROTJ and Episode 7 was all peace times. The galaxy went through a lot with the Empire and there should of been peace in the galaxy for a least some time....until whatever the new threat would be.

I haven't read much of the books but something different like that Vuuzh stuff (not sure how you spell it) at least they are something different then the empire.

Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #123
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Totally agree. Sometimes I think they should have just continued the story after ROTJ instead of going back and ruined Darth Vader's origin. His character and past was better left shrouded in some mystery. Even if the origin hadn't sucked (and oh boy, did it ever) I still think the character loses something when you know his entire backstory.

Side note, Cosmic, what is that image in your avatar?
It's the Lizard in a deleted scene from The Amazing Spider-Man. Perverted, hilarious, and cheesy at the same time.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #124
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

This is really their chance to introduce some more Bounty Hunters into the mix as well. They're way more badass than what was shown in the movies.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:28 PM   #125
FCEEVIPER
Rubber bullets. Honest

Quote:
I love many EU products. Let's not forget that the Clone Wars series is EU, too. But I think those of us who'd be upset aren't really a big factor in their decisions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
Well, the CW is EU, but its ona different tier. What I mean is this:

Star Wars Canons:
G-canon: Geroge Lucas films canon. The be-all, end-all official. This of course probably changes with Disney in charge, but you get the point.
T-canon: TV canon. Follows the films, and is endorsed and has some creative input from Lucas. Higher than all EU material.
C-canon: All EU that is considered currently in continuity. If Lucas/Disney decides to overwrite something, they can and it sup to the authors/fans to sort out the inconsistencies.

Pretty good overall description here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon

There was a timenot so long ago when I was against ever overwriting the EU. I still hate the idea that a lot of authors put a lot of work into the novels and games and such, and to have it swept under the rug is kind of like punching them in the gut. However, I couldn't keep following EU after events such as Gianakin has spoilered, exception being video games, so if they decide to go a different direction than the EU, frankly I am all for it. I do hope they keep the base continuity. Like Joss Whedon tweeted earlier, I would love to actually see a Yuuzhan Vong invasion, but I'd like to see a lot of changes done. If they use the Solo kids I know a major change that could be done.

tl;dr , I enjoy the EU mostly, but I don't want them to be held back by what has been established. The Clone Wars series obviously wasn't.
Um, last I heard the CW animated series 2D and the new 3D are canon. When I was at the SDCC the CW producers were asked many times if the new CW animated shows were canon and they said yes. They stated Lucas was approving stories and it was/is going to be SW canon. Not EU.

Thank you Nolan, Goyer & Jonathan
The Dark Knight Saga
2005 - 2008 - 2012
Closed Thread