The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Old 03-03-2013, 12:20 AM   #351
johnrain
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Season 5 Discussion Thread

JJ Adams should make Ahsoka come back like John Harrison and get her revenge.

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #352
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

First Damien Wayne, now Ahsoka? This is a terrible week for junior partners everywhere

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:30 AM   #353
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I wonder if Ahsoka Tano survives Order 66 and finds her way again with the future Rebel Alliance? or even maybe encounter Starkiller/Galen Marek? or to even open up a new can of worms, she lives to episode 7 as part of the New Jedi Order? (they could include her so that the kids who grew up watching the show wouldn't feel as alienated with unfamiliar characters such as Han, Leia and co.)

I think Ahsoka Tano's life would make a great spin-off from The Clone Wars, and I would personally like to see it set in the Rebellion/Empire era.
Thats what I always wanted....maybe if they ever do TFU III. She can become a master figure maybe? I always thought it would interesting for Anakin's/Vader's two apprentices to team up.

I'm sure she'll be in the series again, maybe as a partner to Asajj...I know things didn't work out between the two...but I'm sure they could set up an episode with Ahsoka finding the truth, unless they decide Anakin told her offscreen.

I don't know, theres so many possibilities...maybe she goes off with Lux

And what about
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Barriss
...could Dooku or Sidious set up her escape next season?

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #354
James
Built from Lego

I wouldn't mind seeing Cad Bane break Barriss out

James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #355
crounsa810
Side-Kick

So, basically, during the Clone Wars, a Padawan could become a knight in less than 2 years of training? That....seems like a bad idea.

crounsa810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:37 AM   #356
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Considering there were multiple ways this could have ended and they went with this one, to me implies that there is room for her in the Rebellion and after the Empire. I hope we see her again, not in the Clone Wars, not in novels but in live action.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #357
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by crounsa810 View Post
So, basically, during the Clone Wars, a Padawan could become a knight in less than 2 years of training? That....seems like a bad idea.
I don't think she was going to be a Knight because they offered her Padawan braid back to her.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #358
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
I'm not singling you out, but I kind of hate the mentality of Disney "distancing themselves" from the prequels. Yeah, they get a lot of hate, but that doesn't mean they should outright try to forget them. I do admit though, Clone Wars aside, we have been stuck in the prequel era since III in 2005. The books have moved on but it seems even they've absored and changed to adapt a lot to the prequels.

that said, all my emotions to this episode. It was fantastic, and will be hard to top in the future.
Almost every source I've seen (Kasdan being the first that comes to mind) has mentioned the general mixed to negative reception of the prequels and talked about getting away from them. Even this shows most popular episodes are the ones that get away from the prequels; the Maul episodes are so popular because we didn't get a developed Maul in the prequels, the Tarkin Episodes are usually a hit, the ones where Anakin gets more serious and acts like Darth Vader, the ones where we see the Republic resembling the Empire, etc.

Disney understands that theres a lot of doubt to begin with in their acquisition of the franchize (mostly from idiots who think Disney only makes fairy tales) but still they want to make sure that they do everything they can to win the fans back. If I had to guess most likely Hayden won't be back, midiclorians will be retconned in someway, there won't be any gungans, however beyond this I think they only mean distancing themselves from the tone and style. I'm sure there will still be plenty of prequel references that will make those fans happy too.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #359
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
In times of war, Jedi(and many others) are probably known to mature fast enough to take on the role.

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #360
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Almost every source I've seen (Kasdan being the first that comes to mind) has mentioned the general mixed to negative reception of the prequels and talked about getting away from them. Even this shows most popular episodes are the ones that get away from the prequels; the Maul episodes are so popular because we didn't get a developed Maul in the prequels, the Tarkin Episodes are usually a hit, the ones where Anakin gets more serious and acts like Darth Vader, the ones where we see the Republic resembling the Empire, etc.

Disney understands that theres a lot of doubt to begin with in their acquisition of the franchize (mostly from idiots who think Disney only makes fairy tales) but still they want to make sure that they do everything they can to win the fans back. If I had to guess most likely Hayden won't be back, midiclorians will be retconned in someway, there won't be any gungans, however beyond this I think they only mean distancing themselves from the tone and style. I'm sure there will still be plenty of prequel references that will make those fans happy too.
lol here's some ways to correct some faults of The Phantom Menace:

1) Due to The Great Jedi Purge instigated by Palpatine/Vader information the Jedi Order held such as Midichlorians become lost throughout time and Luke was forced to search out Force Sensitives the hard way. This could work unless someone mentions where Midichlorians are mentioned in post ROTJ-era EU.

2)In episode 7, the antagonists are the Yuuzhan Vong and the first species they wipe out are the Gungans :P.

On another note, some prequel references wouldn't hurt considering I imagine that some episode 7 movie-goers would first think of Star Wars by TCW tv series, and having some nod(such as an Ahsoka cameo) would be nice

smallville fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:22 AM   #361
BenKenobi
Banned User

Quote:
lol here's some ways to correct some faults of The Phantom Menace:

1) Due to The Great Jedi Purge instigated by Palpatine/Vader information the Jedi Order held such as Midichlorians become lost throughout time and Luke was forced to search out Force Sensitives the hard way. This could work unless someone mentions where Midichlorians are mentioned in post ROTJ-era EU.
Or maybe they could say that midichlorians are like IQ points, you can have very powerful Jedi with low scores and very weak Jedi with high ones.

Quote:
2)In episode 7, the antagonists are the Yuuzhan Vong and the first species they wipe out are the Gungans :P.
Have you seen the Robot Chicken where Jar Jar finds "Annie" after Revenge of the Sith? It's hilarious!

Quote:
On another note, some prequel references wouldn't hurt considering I imagine that some episode 7 movie-goers would first think of Star Wars by TCW tv series, and having some nod(such as an Ahsoka cameo) would be nice
Personally I'd rather not see an 80 year old Ahsoka in Episode VII. I would however love a Clone Wars post Revenge of the Sith sequel mini series or film where Ahsoka meets Starkiller and confronts her old master

Old 03-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #362
Hellion
The Hype's Disney XD Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing Cad Bane break Barriss out
Not enough Cad Bane this season.

Thank you for your vote, Hellion. (now I'd vote for you! :) )
Hellion...Sagittarius...half man, half horse.
Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #363
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
There's never enough Cad Bane for my money

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
I don't think she was going to be a Knight because they offered her Padawan braid back to her.
Quote:
In times of war, Jedi(and many others) are probably known to mature fast enough to take on the role.
As Ben said, they weren't offering to make her a Knight. The Council were just giving Ahsoka her original place back in the The Order.

Also, Ahsoka was a Padawan before Anakin began training her. It's my understanding Ahsoka has been training since she was quite young, I believe Plo Koon had a big hand in her introduction and initial training with the Jedi.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #364
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
In times of war and on the battlefield promotions can happen quicker.

H.E.
Marvolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:26 PM   #365
Verbal21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Anyways a source where Filoni confirmed a Boba Fett/Cad Bane team up episode?

Verbal21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 PM   #366
James
Built from Lego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I'm not sure the Jedi would adhere to that. In the military it can happen out of necessity, especially when commanding officers get killed or are unable to lead a unit -the next in line automatically steps up. I don't see the Jedi speeding their students up the chain though. Maybe I'm wrong and they would? It's not my feeling though, given their numbers at the point of Ashoka's trial were still pretty high.

Old 03-03-2013, 05:41 PM   #367
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Right, and thats what happened to many Jedi during the Clone Wars. There were alot of Padawn-trained level Jedi Knights in the war.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #368
OptimusPrime114
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Right, and thats what happened to many Jedi during the Clone Wars. There were alot of Padawn-trained level Jedi Knights in the war.
Just like Anakin in the '03 Clone Wars.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #369
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #370
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches

I would've been pissed if Ahsoka was Knighted this early, tbh. The youngest Jedi to be knighted in the republic was supposed to be Mace Windu. (That is to say until the New Republic is formed...)

Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:51 PM   #371
James
Built from Lego

Those guys are AWESOME! Need more info! Was this their first appearance, of have we seen them in the Star Wars universe before?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:13 AM   #372
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Great episode and great season finale. Can't wait for S6 to wrap everything up. I may have to include selected CW episodes in my next SW-athon.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:14 AM   #373
James
Built from Lego

Is it official that season 6 will be the final season?

Old 03-04-2013, 02:51 AM   #374
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I don't think so. But I'd like it to be. Time for Luke and co's post-RotJ animated adventures, imo.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:35 AM   #375
James
Built from Lego

Hey, that's a cool idea!

I don't mind if Clone Wars is gone, as long as it's replaced by another show from the same team. Getting the OT cast in to do voices for a new show that bridges ROTJ and Episode 7 would be pretty amazing.